As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle]icious, baby!

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Going with the "extremely good" descriptor for Cena's acting is probably overkill, but I've liked him in everything I've seen him in. Much of the humor definitely still stems from being a big buff guy though.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    No I think he is a genuinely incredibly talented comedic actor, dude is one of the funniest actors in Hollywood right now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I think Bautista's work in Blade Runner made it pretty clear that he has a very wide range for a big guy who will always be type-cast for brutes.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    John Cena as John Cena in Scooby Doo WrestleMania Mystery was the best.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The first Scooby Doo WWE movie was okay. The second where the wrestlers are teamed up in this crazy monster truck road race is amazing.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    The first Scooby Doo WWE movie was okay. The second where the wrestlers are teamed up in this crazy monster truck road race is amazing.

Confession: I've never seen that one.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Neither have i, when are we all watching it together

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Folks I'm sorry to come into this thread on a bummer but here's some sad news.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's a work

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Never been so heart broken

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    This is good, there was no way Kofi wins at fastlane, but Mania? That is a different story.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Yeah, this is absolutely setting us up for Kofi at Mania.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I hadn’t heard Matt was Ok? When did that happen?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    He had been posting on twitter that he wanted to come back.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    I hadn’t heard Matt was Ok? When did that happen?

This is his first night back, but he's been posting stuff implying he'd be back soon.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Putting the US Title into the Rey/Almas feud is a pretty good way to make the belt feel "important" again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

I’m sorry what now

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    What are we congratulating Whippy for??

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Neither have i, when are we all watching it together

Could this finally be the long awaited second episode of the SE++ Wrestling Thread Lovewatch???

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular

I’m sorry what now

Okay, So I suppose I should actually write about this. I watch a lot of Scooby Doo stuff. Both because it was a favorite of mine when I was a kid and its a favorite of my now almost 7 year old son. There are two direct to video Scooby Doo/WWE cross overs. I remember the second being better but they are both firmly in the "fun but not great" category.

The first is the Scooby-Doo WrestleMania mystery.

612NupKFz7L.jpg

Shaggy and Scooby win an all expense trip to see Wreslemania which is being held in WWE City, a city dedicated to wrestling. After crashing the Mystery Machine they meet John Cena, his trainer Cookie, and Cookie's nephew and wrestler in training Ruben. Of course there has to be a ghost monster in a Scooby Doo cartoon and this is no exception. There is a Ghost Bear attacking everyone in WWE city. The movie has the voices of HHH, Vince, Steph, Kane, Cena, AJ Lee, Miz, Santino, Brodus Clay, and Michael Cole. Sin Cara also plays a major role but is mute for the entire movie. There were other wrestler cameos also but they were nonspeaking roles.

It gets stranger the second go around....

Scooby Doo and the Curse of the Speed Demon.

91shj0C8FGL._SL1500_.jpg

Shaggy and Scooby are now working a food truck for WWE's Muscle Moto X, a three day car race that is driven by teams of wrestlers.
    The teams are HHH and Steph in the Company Car, Miz and Paige in Too Awesome, Los Matadors and Torito in Pamplona Especial, Lana and Rusev in Team Russia, Sheamus, Stardust, and Golddust in the Celtic Cruiser, and Dusty and Undertaker in Team Legends. Kofi, Vince, and Michael Cole are also in this one although they aren't racers. Anyway a ghost racer named Inferno shows up to ruin the race and Dusty gets hurt fighting it. The Undertaker is without a partner so Shaggy and Scooby team up with him.

Like I said, they aren't great but they are fun. And they aren't even as close to strange as the KISS one.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    facetious wrote: »
    What are we congratulating Whippy for??

I’m a honky tonk stan for honky tonk man

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I'm glad they saved Kofi for Mania

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    That might be my favorite turnaround of a "WHAT" chant ever.

Vince: "I like you Kofi"
    Crowd: "What?"
    Vince: "I'm committed to the highest caliber matches."
    Crowd: "What?"
    Vince: "So I'm replacing you"
    Crowd: "WHAT?!"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I really liked batista's bit in the bladerunner sequel.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    when bryan kicked out of the pop up powerbomb i was hoping KO was gonna bust out the package piledriver

a man can dream

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part Two announced its latest Clusterfuck entrant

and it's incredible

D0Mz2mKWoAE49MR.jpg
    Janela wrote:
    We paid 20k for the wrong man, our budget is shot now because the contract is signed.... So I guess NWO STING Jeff Farmer has entered the Clusterfuck... please buy our IPPV on @FiteTV so we can make up for this colossal BOGUS mistake! https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-joey-janela-break-p2/2oi3h/

Increased probability that the entire three hour one Clusterfuck match of Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 Part Two is all build for who killed the invisible man

Show of the goddamned year

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part Two announced its latest Clusterfuck entrant

and it's incredible

D0Mz2mKWoAE49MR.jpg
    Janela wrote:
    We paid 20k for the wrong man, our budget is shot now because the contract is signed.... So I guess NWO STING Jeff Farmer has entered the Clusterfuck... please buy our IPPV on @FiteTV so we can make up for this colossal BOGUS mistake! https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-joey-janela-break-p2/2oi3h/

Increased probability that the entire three hour one Clusterfuck match of Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 Part Two is all build for who killed the invisible man

Show of the goddamned year

We might already have a lead

• Options
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    There's just a random black square under Asuka's arm and over Mandy's body, too. They don't really seem to care too much about that title match.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The specific argument Batista is trying to make about his path to being a serious actor is right, though

Batista has never been in a WWE Films movie, he wasn't groomed for stardom on screen like Rock and cena

His first role was a bit part in a Werner Herzog movie!

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I’m sorry what now

Okay, So I suppose I should actually write about this. I watch a lot of Scooby Doo stuff. Both because it was a favorite of mine when I was a kid and its a favorite of my now almost 7 year old son. There are two direct to video Scooby Doo/WWE cross overs. I remember the second being better but they are both firmly in the "fun but not great" category.

The first is the Scooby-Doo WrestleMania mystery.

612NupKFz7L.jpg

Shaggy and Scooby win an all expense trip to see Wreslemania which is being held in WWE City, a city dedicated to wrestling.

Think they have to bid to have it hosted there?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKkAym4Wh0

Bea Priestley added to the roster

Double Or Nothing is the first sensory-inclusive major wrestling event ever (accommodations provided to people with anxiety, who are autistic, who have PTSD, who've suffered strokes, etc). Noise canceling headphones, etc. Partnership with Kulture City https://www.kulturecity.org/sensory-initiative/

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the rumor was they wanted ko/bryan at mania so I guess they're swapping that

(I haven't watched smackdown yet, that's just what I'm getting from reading this thread, so if I'm wrong just ignore me and I'll edit later :P)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    When the wrestling universe is currently questioning whether or not the WWE knows what the fuck they're doing with their talent, perhaps the worst work to try at that time is upper management blatantly fucking up their booking.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Andreza Giant Panda's wife, Tintin, is going to have her first ever match on March 31

Against the joshi wrestler Andreza had the affair with, Tsukasa Fujimoto

D0ZVcn6UUAEZnDi.jpg:small
    FaqQryE.jpg

• Options
    Kick her ass, Tintin.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Why does Shane have no say in his top female superstar being suspended but Stephanie apparently has some control over it?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Why does Shane have no say in his top female superstar being suspended but Stephanie apparently has some control over it?

The gist of the current authority situation is that the entire McMahon family now runs both shows generally.

This discussion has been closed.