As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle]icious, baby!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Because what the Authority storyline was missing was a McMahon taking the place of the put-upon face?

All McMahons, all the time?

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    If only Andreza had cheated on his wife with Risa Sera, we would have gotten to see a panda in a deathmatch.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    What do you know. Ronda actually managed a decent comeback for once!

I mean...over time, Becky is still the obvious winner here, but Ronda's retort was half decent this time. Congrats to her.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    This is the sort of thing I'd love to see Lynch do if she's gonna emulate some of Austin's traits. For those not familiar, this was during 2000 when The Rock was going to face Triple H at Backlash. Earlier on RAW, Linda McMahon ruled that Austin would be in Rock's corner to counter the likely interference by the rest of the McMahons to help Triple H keep the belt. This is what happened on the following Smackdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAr3lP2OXE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MA04XhSiLk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgABOyTJJUM

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I want to get really hyped for the announcement of the match, but I'm worried about getting overhyped. On the other hand Janela hasn't failed to deliver yet.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    god i love joey janella's spring break

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Watching 205. This crowd shitting on Gulak/Kendrick are bad people who deserve to have nothing cool ever happen in their lives.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    My prevailing memory of Joey Janella is me saying I didn't like Spring Break 2 and then him blocking me on twitter.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    And just as quickly as Ronda makes a decent comeback, she shoots herself directly in her own foot again by trying too hard.

Chill out, ma'am.

Multiple problems here.

1. That's a perfectly fine Fujiwara armbar and if you watch the footage, Ronda was screaming in pain during the segment.
    2. More importantly, why are you talking about Becky wanting a dick? This is just weird and stupid and ignorant.

If transphobic tweets bother you, I've spoilered them. Don't click if you don't want to see them.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    YIKES that Ronda Reply is bad bad bad bad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I know you really like the weird/imo really bad twitter feud they've got going on for some reason but could we maybe not embed casually transphobic tweets

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    woof that’s a big yikes

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I know you really like the weird/imo really bad twitter feud they've got going on for some reason but could we maybe not embed casually transphobic tweets

It's not really me liking it, necessarily. It's more like I find it newsworthy that one of the biggest stars on the roster is saying such things. It should be known by people so we know what kind of person we're dealing with.

I've spoilered the tweets, however, just in case anyone isn't interested in reading it for themselves. My intention isn't to harm anyone, only to inform. Sorry.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    And just as quickly as Ronda makes a decent comeback, she shoots herself directly in her own foot again by trying too hard.

Chill out, ma'am.

Multiple problems here.

1. That's a perfectly fine Fujiwara armbar and if you watch the footage, Ronda was screaming in pain during the segment.
    2. More importantly, why are you talking about Becky wanting a dick? This is just weird and stupid and ignorant.

If transphobic tweets bother you, I've spoilered them. Don't click if you don't want to see them.

Seriously, between Becky complaining about Ronda's acting and Ronda calling Becky's mugshots and her moves fake, this is all feeling very late stage WCW.

Becky did have a pretty good comeback to that last Ronda tweet though.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Travis Browne (Ronda's husband) is a massive tool, though.

Totally fine with him being called such on Twitter.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wish Becky was framing it as lack of charisma and poor public speaking ability rather than bad acting. I also think spreading Rhonda's dumb hateful comebacks are a public service though. Any attempts to portray her as a face need to be shot down hard. She is a real life heel and even notoriously awful wrestling fans need to make sure she knows it.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Anyway, here's some actual wrestling stuff.

Roman is now being advertised for a 2 on 3 handicap match with Seth at Fastlane.

Will WWE be able to hold themselves back from doing yet another Shield reunion here?

I'm going to say no!

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/2/28/18245077/roman-reigns-advertised-match-fastlane-wwe

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Can WWE fire Ronda for incompetence? Invoking images of WCW 2000 is not going to sell the main event of WrestleMania.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    And now all their tweets are gone from the last couple of hours.

Looks like people thought things got a bit too real.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    whaaaat is happening

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Looks like it is only the really shitty Rhonda one as far as I can see

And now its back!

Internet!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Dave said in the newsletter Ciampa's hurt again and trying to work through it until Takeover NY is done. PWInsider just confirmed it's a neck injury and while severity's unknown, it was significant enough he couldn't work Monday, causing a script rewrite for Raw

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if the tweet was reported by people, Twitter investigated, then said, "Wait, she's verified, why are we trying to do anything" and then let it back on.

Anyway Becky continues to win at Twitter. A glimmer of her old silliness:

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Can WWE fire Ronda for incompetence? Invoking images of WCW 2000 is not going to sell the main event of WrestleMania.

That's a pretty serious break of kayfabe, to me, and exactly why twitter should be off-limits for kayfabe bullshit.

Honestly at this point I no longer want to see Ronda vs. Becky at Wrestlemania. I don't want Ronda anywhere near other talent, frankly.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well the bigger issue for me and Ronda is she's a sandy hook truther. That she's a bigoted asshole on top of that is also awful, but sandy hook trutherism is like king awful of a shit throne.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    It is generally not a cool thing to create a hierarchy of abuse, as it implies that the real-life hatred some groups face is lesser

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    In a way it's good because this is probably the most serious that women's wrestling has ever been treated. But at the same time that kayfabe break is bad, and Ronda is meant to be the tweener between Heel Charlotte and Anti-hero face Becky. It's kinda getting lost in itself here and I'm worried they're gonna balls the landing by having it end with a low blow on Becky leading to a series of low blow finishes between her and Charlotte for the next 3 months.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This just reinsforces my beliefe that twitter feuding is bad and cringeworthy

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    With two people who are decent wordsmiths it can be good fun, but Ronda just drove the whole thing off the rails in such a big way.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    It’s one of those things where they have a way of doing things, and there is interest in New Japan in women’s wrestling, but it would be a separate company the same way there is interest in kickboxing but that’s a completely different company that Bushiroad has.
    Executives from Bushiroad along with Sho and Yoh attended the Stardom Korakuen Hall show on 2/17

Possible Bushiroad Joshi promotion names:
    • New Joshi Pro Wrestling
    • Newer Japan Pro Wrestling
    • 2 Japan Pro Wrestling
    • Girl's Wrestling Monopoly
    • Stardom 3K (3K 3K 3K)

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Sprout wrote: »
    With two people who are decent wordsmiths it can be good fun, but Ronda just drove the whole thing off the rails in such a big way.

Do you have any good examples? Because insofar as Becky Lynch is concerned I haven't seen anyone spar with her and think to myself, "Oh, this is good fun."

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Fuck Ronda Rousey

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

Do you have any good examples? Because insofar as Becky Lynch is concerned I haven't seen anyone spar with her and think to myself, "Oh, this is good fun."

I actually have really enjoyed Becky and Charlotte going at each other.

• Options
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Becky is not innocent of bad tweets

but holy fuck Ronda can you not decide it's okay to bury the business and be a trash person at the same time

if Becky wins the title Ronda is getting booed out of the building on Raw the next night

and hopefully out of the business

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    It’s one of those things where they have a way of doing things, and there is interest in New Japan in women’s wrestling, but it would be a separate company the same way there is interest in kickboxing but that’s a completely different company that Bushiroad has.
    Executives from Bushiroad along with Sho and Yoh attended the Stardom Korakuen Hall show on 2/17

Possible Bushiroad Joshi promotion names:
    • New Joshi Pro Wrestling
    • Newer Japan Pro Wrestling
    • 2 Japan Pro Wrestling
    • Girl's Wrestling Monopoly
    • Stardom 3K (3K 3K 3K)

They're gonna end up buying a stake in that WIP/Tofu Pro Wrestling gimmick.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The most shocking part of that twitter exchange is that Ronda still thinks she can beat anybody up.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    The most shocking part of that twitter exchange is that Ronda still thinks she can beat anybody up.

Eh, I actually do fear for most other wrestlers' safety. Not all of them have actual fighting skills, and detecting when Ronda is legitimately trying to fuck you up vs. just being stiff is probably not the easiest when she's stuck to some of her MMA style.

I am still fairly confident that her takedown of Sonya DeVille last year was super fucking stiff to send her a message, which I just add to the pile of reasons I don't fucking like Ronda.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

To be fair, she's only bad in comparison to other highly trained and highly ranked fighters. And there are still women on the UFC roster that she could trash.

That's to say nothing of what she would do to pretty much all of the women on the WWE roster and even some of the men.

Ronda says extremely stupid and downright line-crossing things, but she's still an Olympic champion.

I have no problem with saying she's very dangerous in a fight while also saying that she is a flaming idiot.

This discussion has been closed.