As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    am i missing something or is this challenge fight with charles nearly impossible? i'm on normal and it says my cp is strong for the fight but he puts up a shield that's half his hp and redoes it every 3 turns and he's also got those 2 adds he resummons constantly. i just unlocked them and figured i should try to get this artifact before it goes away but holy shit i just get dumpstered before i can even scratch him.

my fire dps isn't great which doesn't help.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is there a limiter on the event? I beat the 5th stage but it won't let me move on to level 6

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    You have to farm X materials (go do the stage with selectable difficulty) to move on. Its weird.

Also @Tcheldor your assassin hits ridiculously hard, jesus.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    am i missing something or is this challenge fight with charles nearly impossible? i'm on normal and it says my cp is strong for the fight but he puts up a shield that's half his hp and redoes it every 3 turns and he's also got those 2 adds he resummons constantly. i just unlocked them and figured i should try to get this artifact before it goes away but holy shit i just get dumpstered before i can even scratch him.

Its designed to be a pain. So you are not missing anything. Just try to slog through the 10 you need to get the arti on normal and never look at it again.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Its designed to be a pain. So you are not missing anything. Just try to slog through the 10 you need to get the arti on normal and never look at it again.

I got absolutely manhandled by the normal, never even got through the shield. Probably just not strong enough, no fire dps is a real killer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I got absolutely manhandled by the normal, never even got through the shield. Probably just not strong enough, no fire dps is a real killer.

You...are reading the skill descriptions he's using right? It explains all of the tricks to the fight.

Charles gets a barrier if there are adds. Each time you kill a set of adds he gets an immediate turn and uses his ult and gets a permanent buff. He will not summon more than two waves of adds.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    milski wrote: »
    You have to farm X materials (go do the stage with selectable difficulty) to move on. Its weird.

Also Tcheldor your assassin hits ridiculously hard, jesus.

I did spend a LOT of energy getting her up.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/562817505416970240/image0.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/562478957937819659/image0.png

My current pride and joys are Bellona and my A. Coli.

My Ravi and Luna are fine. My Tamarinne is pretty solid, but I'm not 100% pleased with her yet. She needs a variety of slight upgrades all over the place.

Edit: Guess I'll post them too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/565008120502288393/image0.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/565008121630818304/image1.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/565008147207553025/image0.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535181376819953675/565008148058865665/image1.png

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    @milski you can see her stats ^^^

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

You...are reading the skill descriptions he's using right? It explains all of the tricks to the fight.

Charles gets a barrier if there are adds. Each time you kill a set of adds he gets an immediate turn and uses his ult and gets a permanent buff. He will not summon more than two waves of adds.

Yes? He absolutely destroys me even after the adds are down, every hit is 80% hp once his shield is up on my units, I’m only like level 35-40. I get utterly obliterated and barely tickle him.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Feel free to add me to the OP, I'm Bucketman in game

• Options
    well i did 4 pulls because i was so absolutely frustrated at a different game i wanted to punch myself in the face in a gacha, got 2 5*s but 2 artifacts which don't seem super useful. oh well.

i really need a fire character that is useful i think.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Just use a core of four characters that are good. Element is mostly irrelevant the majority of the time. I never used a fire hero for anything until I had already cleared raid. Cleared abyss 1-80, Raid, and Wyvern 10 with three grass pokemon and Lorina.

Vast majority of new players should be trying to get Lorina fairly quickly and specialty changing her ASAP. She doesn't care about element and is solid in 95% of content.

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Just use a core of four characters that are good. Element is mostly irrelevant the majority of the time. I never used a fire hero for anything until I had already cleared raid. Cleared abyss 1-80, Raid, and Wyvern 10 with three grass pokemon and Lorina.

Vast majority of new players should be trying to get Lorina fairly quickly and specialty changing her ASAP. She doesn't care about element and is solid in 95% of content.

The connection system plus selective summon does a good job getting you a workable team.

Yes? He absolutely destroys me even after the adds are down, every hit is 80% hp once his shield is up on my units, I’m only like level 35-40. I get utterly obliterated and barely tickle him.

Oh. You’re probably under geared and such. Just gotta grind up a bit more.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I did 2 moonlight summon pulls. Both 3*. I am disappoint.

But my free normal summon got me a 5* Celestine artifact, except my only good healer right now is Hazel who doesn't have a heal on her S1.

I've hit the wall in terms of how far I can go right now. Most of my main party is approaching 50, but I don't have any 5* phantasms to push a character up to 6*. I'm at 33 in the Abyss, so just starting to get the first epic set for lifesteal. Finished the adventure on normal. Hard difficulty just seems to give me skystones which I'm not really hurting for right now.

Not entirely sure what to do next I guess besides slowly build up phantasms.

Best characters are:
    Charles - 47
    Lidica - 47
    Hazel - 47
    Ravi - 48
    Krau - 39

I feel like I need to build up Krau just to have a proper tank for some content, and at least I got lucky with an Aurius for him.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I did 2 moonlight summon pulls. Both 3*. I am disappoint.

But my free normal summon got me a 5* Celestine artifact, except my only good healer right now is Hazel who doesn't have a heal on her S1.

I've hit the wall in terms of how far I can go right now. Most of my main party is approaching 50, but I don't have any 5* phantasms to push a character up to 6*. I'm at 33 in the Abyss, so just starting to get the first epic set for lifesteal. Finished the adventure on normal. Hard difficulty just seems to give me skystones which I'm not really hurting for right now.

Not entirely sure what to do next I guess besides slowly build up phantasms.

Best characters are:
    Charles - 47
    Lidica - 47
    Hazel - 47
    Ravi - 48
    Krau - 39

I feel like I need to build up Krau just to have a proper tank for some content, and at least I got lucky with an Aurius for him.

You got a real good composition there. Ravi tanks. Lidica suports. Hazel will do work once you specialty change. You can use krau or ravi as situation warrants.

World difficulty gives a mola for each zone so thats the major reason to do it.

You’ll want to make 5 star phantasms with gigas or get the monthly Tera from the guild store. If you’re not in a guild, join one.

For now just use world and labyrinths to level up and then grind the best stages you can to level phantasms and fodder and get hp for 5 star and 6 star awakenings.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I did some research - one of the 3* I pulled was Requiemroar. She seems like a good candidate for the Celestine and won't be as niche of a healer as (Mascot) Hazel will be. Plus, I really need a DEF debuffer, and she has that.

Guess I'll be leveling her up...

El Fantastico on

• Options
    I did some research - one of the 3* I pulled was Requiemroar. She seems like a good candidate for the Celestine and won't be as niche of a healer as (Mascot) Hazel will be. Plus, I really need a DEF debuffer, and she has that.

Req roar is solid and works well in pvp. Who else did you get?

• Options

Rikoris. He looks like nothing special. I think my primary team is better in every way than he is.

• Options

Rikoris. He looks like nothing special. I think my primary team is better in every way than he is.

Rick has a specialty change that makes him pretty good. I don’t have him but look him up.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I did. The benefit is that he's light element, so doesn't really have to deal with the pros and cons of that, but he's still not really better than anyone who I've already leveled up, at least, not to bother with investing time and resources into when I could just as easily pull a better unit straight up, or invest in setting up an Assassin Coli or Cartuja.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    Yea. He’s an ok support with a lot if anti dark unit power. His skill tree has some decent boosts but he is situational. A. Cartuja would definitely be a better investment.

• Options
    so i joined a random guild when the game suggested to cause i didn't know better, but it seems we're always one short of being able to do the guild war, which seems to be an important source of those medals for mystic pulls. should i change guilds or something?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    The moonlight summon got me General Purrgis and Fighter Maya. Purrgis seems usable, while Maya seems excessively mediocre?

And I guess pulling a dps to 60 first is a good choice, not sure whether I should drag up Carmainerose or Clarissa. Probably Carmainerose since single target dps seems more useful than multiple target dps in pve.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Gen Purrgis is a great boss and arena warrior. Plus he is Purrgis so all the better. Id wait on choosing a first 60 until you have the dogs for it and decide then based on who you have. By then you could have a higher tier character. Carmainerose is amazing but there are several others id 60 first.
    so i joined a random guild when the game suggested to cause i didn't know better, but it seems we're always one short of being able to do the guild war, which seems to be an important source of those medals for mystic pulls. should i change guilds or something?

Yeah id swap guilds to one that does guild wars on the regular. The extra summon slot for 3 quick fights a couple times a week, if you win, is great.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    oh well, apparently i have to wait 24 hours once i left this one. we were at like 17 all the time which was close but never got to do it.

i'm about to break my first 4* to 5*, and i'm wondering if it should be angelica, silk, or the dark connections lady i can't remember her name. i hear that her class change is good and also that it takes a very long time so i was thinking about doing her, but angelica is also super useful so unsure which is better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I’m windmill slamming Ravi and Cermia to 6*, maybe getting Lorina and Kluri to 5* first to specialty change quest start.

Ravi is such an absurd farmtank and Cermia was literally my first pull! And hits like a truck made of other, more densely packed trucks!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    When do that usually announce patch notes for the next week? I'm sitting on about 25 summons and don't know if I should save them for whether the next feature units are

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    When do that usually announce patch notes for the next week? I'm sitting on about 25 summons and don't know if I should save them for whether the next feature units are

Tomorrow.

• Options
    Ok last dumb question for the day, is there an waiter way to grind the low level runes besides doing like Shrine 2 for 3-4 per run?

• Options
    oh well, apparently i have to wait 24 hours once i left this one. we were at like 17 all the time which was close but never got to do it.

i'm about to break my first 4* to 5*, and i'm wondering if it should be angelica, silk, or the dark connections lady i can't remember her name. i hear that her class change is good and also that it takes a very long time so i was thinking about doing her, but angelica is also super useful so unsure which is better.

Lorina. You want to start her specialty change asap as it will take a while and she is quite good.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ok last dumb question for the day, is there an waiter way to grind the low level runes besides doing like Shrine 2 for 3-4 per run?

Shrine 3 for smalls. 10 for others is optimal.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    The moonlight summon got me General Purrgis and Fighter Maya. Purrgis seems usable, while Maya seems excessively mediocre?

And I guess pulling a dps to 60 first is a good choice, not sure whether I should drag up Carmainerose or Clarissa. Probably Carmainerose since single target dps seems more useful than multiple target dps in pve.

Purrgis seems good anywhere. If you build him tanky you can put him in front and he'll push the rest of team's turns up every time he gets hit. Can be useful in arena that way too without needing super high speed gear on your team.

Maya's very good as a late game pvp investment. I really want her actually. For other stuff she is usable and will be unkillable but other people (like General Purrgis) will have more utility.

Clarissa is a common first 6* since her aoe makes it faster and easier to finish all your subsequent promotions. Easy to run her with two dogs and a 2* fodder. She's good anywhere thanks to the 2 turn defense break, too.

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Purrgis seems good anywhere. If you build him tanky you can put him in front and he'll push the rest of team's turns up every time he gets hit. Can be useful in arena that way too without needing super high speed gear on your team.

Maya's very good as a late game pvp investment. I really want her actually. For other stuff she is usable and will be unkillable but other people (like General Purrgis) will have more utility.

Clarissa is a common first 6* since her aoe makes it faster and easier to finish all your subsequent promotions. Easy to run her with two dogs and a 2* fodder. She's good anywhere thanks to the 2 turn defense break, too.

G. Purgiss is a great PvP unit because his S3 is 2 stuns. You get push him to the top of the order with Judith or Roozid, or Rose, or S. Rose, or A. Lots, or Regular Lots, or Schuri, or whomever I'm forgetting about.

Anyway, I'll do a mini write up of my thoughts on PvP team goals at some point if people actually want that.

• Options
    Patch notes are up. Nothing too crazy this week.

The new artifact challenge nets a useful prize so make sure to do it.

The banner is for Iseria who is a good hero, but the collab hero on 4/25 is probably who you want to save for since it’s likely they will be limited. I may be wrong and the collab event will be the only way to get them. No one k ows yet.

Iseria is good only if you have units to back her up. If you do, she’s quite powerful.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Iseria is a really comfortable backbone to any kind of setup. I got her from my initial 10 pulls and I don't notice how good she is until I bench her. She defense breaks, she denies buffs from the enemy and she gives you more damage or healing depending on what you need. When autoing she doesn't do that much admittedly, but when doing stuff I need to do on manual she is amazing. Timing buff denial to stop barriers is excellent, and being able to back to back toss out big skills for healing or dps makes a huge difference.

And since my Carmainerose rolls with the +damage on debuffed targets artifact she really likes having other debuffers around!

• Options
    got my lorina promoted. how terrible of an idea would it be to just penguin her to 50 so i can start the specialty change grind right away? it seems like it'll take about forever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    got my lorina promoted. how terrible of an idea would it be to just penguin her to 50 so i can start the specialty change grind right away? it seems like it'll take about forever.

The part on hers that takes forever is the Urgent missions. The killing 10k is going quickly but those urgent missions are like 1 every few days. Edit: Good thing is though she does hit like a truck pre change as well.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

The part on hers that takes forever is the Urgent missions. The killing 10k is going quickly but those urgent missions are like 1 every few days. Edit: Good thing is though she does hit like a truck pre change as well.

Eh? I found both completed around the same time. It takes about 10k enemies to get 50 urgent missions. Just run adventures for catalyts and things you need. You'll get hers done in due time. If you get Kluri, do the same with her because her big road block is just prepping 2 units for 6 star promotions basically.

Lorina is considered a top tier DPS, but she just doesn't bring almost anything else to the table. She hits hard...and that's it. Admittedly, you can work with that and get good results with that, but you need to get other units to fill holes.

• Options

Eh? I found both completed around the same time. It takes about 10k enemies to get 50 urgent missions. Just run adventures for catalyts and things you need. You'll get hers done in due time. If you get Kluri, do the same with her because her big road block is just prepping 2 units for 6 star promotions basically.

Lorina is considered a top tier DPS, but she just doesn't bring almost anything else to the table. She hits hard...and that's it. Admittedly, you can work with that and get good results with that, but you need to get other units to fill holes.

Oh I suppose so. Just took a look and im 8 missions in and about 1200 kills. So that sounds about right.

On my guild wars today I almost stole a win from this cancer group. It was Lorina, Ken and Luna. I went in with Krau, Aramintha and my own Larina. Larinas killed each other and Aramintha got off her two AoEs before being murdered that left Krau with a 15% or so Ken and nearly full Luna. Krau hits Ken who survives with a sliver and then proceeds to 3 Krau and stun him. They both then hit Krau to a sliver and Krau gets his turn and one shots the Luna with his crazy horse. But Ken is able to just barely take down Krau right before his turn through the shield and sliver of life. Man I almost stole that win but was left a draw :( heh.

• Options
    So close.