Options

Collector's [Chat]

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @kamiro I do not remember what vinyard and I already handed over the bottle; it was just the first booth I saw at the farmer’s market selling wine and I thought the local concept would be better than me trying to pick an acclaimed standard wine from a wine store...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    also #1's teachers want him to get tested for autism and porp is emotional about it but im like

1) his pediatrician, prior teachers, and current therapist have never said anything about having him tested

2) even if he does turn out to be on the spectrum, he's still the same kid so w/e. just maybe gives us a better picture of how to help him.

Best of luck man. I'm sure your kiddo is fine.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Just make the sound investment and pour all your money into the commune

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Well, after all my bellyaching with "If I get another 2% only raise, I'm going to throw a fit about it", my raise is in, and its... 3%!

Treat
    Yo
    Self

I suggest a nice new pocket watch decorated with a ship of the line, and a model of that ship in a bottle to go with it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thank god athenor did his duty. My chat was a poll based on weiner size.

Would it have had a choice for "Bog standard human being donger, not underwhelming but not overwhelming. Satisfactory. C+/B-, solid B on a great day."

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Can we get a chat attorney to just draft up the "signing over all your assets" paperwork?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I used to collect the stupidest shit when I was a kid

Like, mass-produced pocket watches and ships in bottles

I collected Marvel cards. I have a complete set of Series 1 of Marvel Masterpieces.
    g2d9hi0binir.jpg

Hubba hubba.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I need a She-Hulk origin movie that's less MCU and more MCV

(My Cousin Vinny)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I can understand collecting something that has a finite end

I lived by the sea and went on holiday to sailing towns

I was never going to run out of shoddy bric a brac

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Would it have had a choice for "Bog standard human being donger, not underwhelming but not overwhelming. Satisfactory. C+/B-, solid B on a great day."

Not it was about hot dogs you perv.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Well, after all my bellyaching with "If I get another 2% only raise, I'm going to throw a fit about it", my raise is in, and its... 3%!

Typical monkey's paw results

Now if you'd used a bonafide bear paw, maybe you'd be making closer money.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Treat
    Yo
    Self

I suggest a nice new pocket watch decorated with a ship of the line, and a model of that ship in a bottle to go with it

Yeah, but which ship of the line should I go with? English, obv, but should I go with an earlier, more memorable one, or one of the later ships that was just a reiteration of earlier ships, but probably preformed better?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I collect Tabletop RPGs

I've played like maybe two out of the lot of them.

Bucket list is to have at least gamed and/or run a session or campaign in all of them

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    shark you are going to be in Seattle next week yes

@Element brian yeah I'm coming in for a conference but it's gonna be kinda quick turnaround

flying in late sunday night (like 11pm), flying out Tuesday midday (i.e. right after the conference). so really only free Monday and i'm also trying to see porp's cousins at least for dinner or something. so maybe Monday night?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

I’ve expressed here before but my life would be infinitely more satisfying if I could pour my money into a communal pot so that people I cared about could pursue their less lucrative passions
    Knowing I was providing for someone else that I cared about and lived with would be really nice

• Options
    We had a “what would you do if money/education/whatever was not a concern” and my CEO said she would be a (almost certainly liberal) senator.

I knew there was a reason why I hang out with these people.

• Options

Treat
    Yo
    Self

Yeah, but which ship of the line should I go with? English, obv, but should I go with an earlier, more memorable one, or one of the later ships that was just a reiteration of earlier ships, but probably preformed better?

A big one

(I’ve lapsed in my ship knowledge since leaving the coast)

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    We had a “what would you do if money/education/whatever was not a concern” and my CEO said she would be a (almost certainly liberal) senator.

She can't get into politics with CEO money? Truly this country is broken.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man I look at that and I see $$$$

I don't want to post how badly in debt I am.

(not as much as you'd think thanks to having a fairly stable job and no dependents, to be quite frank.)

yeah that's the only reason I made the comment

it's giving me second-hand anxiety after just recently going through an emergency holy shit we need to radically curb spending or we will be unable to clothe and feed the kids

what happened? Do you need help robbing Athenor's place for scratch?

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Y’all are never gonna guess what I collect

• Options

Not it was about hot dogs you perv.

The question still stands

Much like myself

heyooo

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

LadyNub hands based on your photos.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

Fishing lures

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

In Chicago? Small business CEO money doesn’t compete with machine money.

• Options
    Shark you can save money by fishing instead of buying groceries
    You can’t

• Options
    @Preacher none of these people have nametags or anything. Its very confusing.

• Options

Fishing lures

Fuck

• Options
    You already guessed you fuck

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »

I’ve expressed here before but my life would be infinitely more satisfying if I could pour my money into a communal pot so that people I cared about could pursue their less lucrative passions
    Knowing I was providing for someone else that I cared about and lived with would be really nice

Yes hello let's talk

• Options
    Oh also @vishnub the “why, what’s over there” “...a dead crab?” completely made my day :D

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Vishnub I'm pretty sure you collect wives using dead crab lures.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I was tested multiple times as a child and it was only as an adult professionals decided I'm on the spectrum, so IDK how much value testing has. But I was also a child...a while ago

• Options
    Like a really weird, fucked up angler fish.

• Options
    Oh also @ the “why, what’s over there” “...a dead crab?” completely made my day :D

My contribution to the communal joy fund

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

In Chicago? Small business CEO money doesn’t compete with machine money.

Give money to will guzzardi

I went to high school with him and he’s da bessssss

Primaried a machine candidate and everything

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Yes hello let's talk

...but also I want to live *in* a city; none of this suburb nonsense you guys seem to prefer
    But you would be prime commune targets, yes (interestingly, the people I am thinking this might actually work out with in a couple years in Boston are also trans lesbians? Why are all my friends so gay...)

• Options

One weird trick chads don’t want you to know

• Options

Yes hello let's talk

...but also I want to live *in* a city; none of this suburb nonsense you guys seem to prefer
    But you would be prime commune targets, yes (interestingly, the people I am thinking this might actually work out with in a couple years in Boston are also trans lesbians? Why are all my friends so gay...)

But the city has people in it! Liberal time over, fuck the environment!

Also gay people exert gay gravity and that's why we end up clustered, it's just science!

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Emotion chat reminded me that I’m supposed to take my dad out to dinner

So I texted him and we’re going to bourbon steak next week.

Then he’s gonna have us over for dinner the week after.

He is now officially a senior citizen. He was very excited about getting a discount on metro fares

Hahaha my dad was also; he had to go in person to one of the metro stores

• Options

One weird trick chads don’t want you to know

The thing that separates chads from incels are that the incels aren't using the right crabs.

This discussion has been closed.