As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I think farg's group does progression raiding?
    I guess it's kinda harder to just wander up and join a raid group when there's no flexible group size scaling though
    Skeith wrote: »
    It'll be a bit easier to hop on with a progression group after Shadowbringers begins and the initial leveling frenzy settles. We could make cross server linkshells, one on each cluster, that plus cross-server friends would help for staying in touch and getting raids going.

I'm in a raid group at the moment, but with any luck, we'll have the first Shadowbringers tier down in the first week, and then just farm from there. If people don't care about not getting two chests, and just want to do the content, we might be able to get something going down the road.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I was on Ultros but I transferred over to Aether / Sargatanas last month.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Hyur
    We really should set up a linkshell!

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    If ya'll set up a cross world link shell I'd gladly join

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Don't want to Doom and Gloom too much but I really hope the healer leaks are fake/wrong, because otherwise all 3 healers are looking incredibly boring imo.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    what are the healer leaks?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    They look like they lost a bit of their identities, but they're going to play pretty similarly.

SCH has some barrier healing, Chain Stratagem for a group buff.

AST still gives the party cards, but they're all Diet Balance now until you get three seals, then it's either a shitty spread Balance, or a very slightly better spread Balance every three minutes.

WHM still offers nothing of value to a prog group. Ugh

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I enjoy the way white mage plays a lot right now so if they're not changing it very much that sounds good to me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    It's looking like a whole lot of homogenization. All three healers with 1 DOT, 1 spam nuke, 1 AOE for DPS, further simplifying the already fairly simple DOS options. Astro cards all having the same effect just different targets, removing fairy micro from scholar, WHM gets a fun new nuke but it's tied to using GCD heals (I'm honestly not too concerned about this one, because I feel fairly confident that enough damage will be going out to justify 3 gcd heals every 90 seconds).

Basically what I enjoyed about healing was that you could do a solid job just healing on reaction, upkeeping your dots or whatever and occasionally throwing a rock at the boss for dps, but, especially in HW when I was a "serious" healer main, there were a ton of extra things that you could focus on in addition to your main role. Stuff like manual embrace and fairy micro, knowing when to fish for spread balance while also getting value ouy of other cards, there were lots of fun extra things to focus on in addition to keeping the party alive and dpsing when you could.

If the leaks are true then WHM is basically the same, but a large part of what I enjoyed about SCH and AST is just gone.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Hyur
    I enjoy the way white mage plays a lot right now so if they're not changing it very much that sounds good to me

You lose both Aeros, I think, and gain Dia, which is basically just Aero II. They also doubled down on the Lily system, making some abilities require a Lily to use, and nourishing the Blood Lily that now grows on the back of the Lily bar. Once you nourish the Blood Lily three times, it goes full bloom, allowing you to use a couple new abilities, one of which is basically a more powerful Holy. It should play similarly otherwise.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    The Sneak! wrote: »

You lose both Aeros, I think, and gain Dia, which is basically just Aero II. They also doubled down on the Lily system, making some abilities require a Lily to use, and nourishing the Blood Lily that now grows on the back of the Lily bar. Once you nourish the Blood Lily three times, it goes full bloom, allowing you to use a couple new abilities, one of which is basically a more powerful Holy. It should play similarly otherwise.

This sounds perfect for me personally, a non-progression-raider. What's the thing they're lacking compared to the other healers in progression?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te

This sounds perfect for me personally, a non-progression-raider. What's the thing they're lacking compared to the other healers in progression?

I’m not a prog raider, but if I had to guess from my experience planning all the healers it’s probably a lack of mitigation and party buffs. The vast majority of WHM’s toolkit is reactive, requiring the party to lose health before they’re effective.

I like WHM because it’s a very simple “make the bars go up” style of healing, but that simplicity also hurts the class in high-difficulty environments.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    ph blake wrote: »
    It's looking like a whole lot of homogenization. All three healers with 1 DOT, 1 spam nuke, 1 AOE for DPS, further simplifying the already fairly simple DOS options. Astro cards all having the same effect just different targets, removing fairy micro from scholar, WHM gets a fun new nuke but it's tied to using GCD heals (I'm honestly not too concerned about this one, because I feel fairly confident that enough damage will be going out to justify 3 gcd heals every 90 seconds).

Basically what I enjoyed about healing was that you could do a solid job just healing on reaction, upkeeping your dots or whatever and occasionally throwing a rock at the boss for dps, but, especially in HW when I was a "serious" healer main, there were a ton of extra things that you could focus on in addition to your main role. Stuff like manual embrace and fairy micro, knowing when to fish for spread balance while also getting value ouy of other cards, there were lots of fun extra things to focus on in addition to keeping the party alive and dpsing when you could.

If the leaks are true then WHM is basically the same, but a large part of what I enjoyed about SCH and AST is just gone.

I've been a career healer since 1.0 focusing on all three healing jobs. I wouldn't say they're completely homogenizing them so much as they're making SCH as boring to play as AST, which already played very similarly to WHM.

WHM seems the same, with the exception of losing our AOE DoT, and having to micromanage the Lily to proc Blood to go ham with Afflatus Misery.

AST losing everything but Balance kind of sucks, but in progression raiding in Savage and Ultimate content, runs basically boiled down to "our parse was awesome because I pulled the balances", or "our parse wasn't as good because I didn't pull the balances". If I didn't draw a balance, we had to settle for whatever the shit I did draw. Don't even get me started on how long it would take to actually start the pull, as I'd sit there for gods know how long just trying to pull the right cards. The only time I used Ewer was if MP was an issue from having to raise, Spire was only ever used to Royal Road into Spread, and Bole was very situational outside of mass dungeon pulls to do more DPS without having to heal the tank as much. In short, losing the options sucks, but the options themselves were underutilized.

SCH always felt kind of like playing a SMN, but a healing version of it. I fear we're losing that, and I hate it.

• Options
    Hyur
    Stilts wrote: »

I’m not a prog raider, but if I had to guess from my experience planning all the healers it’s probably a lack of mitigation and party buffs. The vast majority of WHM’s toolkit is reactive, requiring the party to lose health before they’re effective.

I like WHM because it’s a very simple “make the bars go up” style of healing, but that simplicity also hurts the class in high-difficulty environments.

This is correct. It's not really an issue of not having mitigation, but the group suffers with not having anything that buffs them. AST gets Balance to up everyone's damage by 5% with a spread. SCH gets Chain Stratagem to increase everyone's crit chance on a target by 10%. WHM gets nothing.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    In conclusion, bring back old cleric stance.
    I 100% understand why they changed old cleric stance, but damn if I don't miss it still.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    Old cleric stance led to some traumatic experiences for me when I was learning to heal so it can stay gone

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Last time I did any static raiding was in 2.0, but I actually have a consistent schedule now so I kinda want to get back into a static for ShB. I'm on sarg, but I think we're good so long as everybody is on the aether data center.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    In conclusion, bring back old cleric stance.
    I 100% understand why they changed old cleric stance, but damn if I don't miss it still.

Lord no, I hate old Cleric Stance

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    Like I said, I 100% understand.

But the beautiful stupid chaos of cleric stance was what made me want to heal in this game in the first place.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Like I said, I 100% understand.

But the beautiful stupid chaos of cleric stance was what made me want to heal in this game in the first place.

I admit I really only used it for soloing and to snapshot my DoTs, but it was useful for those.

Not needing to swap is much easier on me.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    My RL friend and an acquaintance convinced me to transfer to Coeurl. I am in a FC with them and the FC sucks. They do "newbie runs" daily but keep ignoring me when I ask to join? I guess since I haven't donated X amount of Gil or run X number of Raids with them they don't want to assist with anything? Like what the fuck kind of FC is that.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    They require members to donate gil? That sounds pretty scammy.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Fuck you, pay me

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    Hi yes what the fuck is that

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    edit: how did this happen, phone posting is a tragedy

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Back at the start of Stormblood, I went and looked up the GC crafting and gathering turn-ins. I made a bunch and then sold them on and off for a month. That eaned me 100,000,00 gil for fairly low effort.

If the FC has a garden or airships/submarines, the proceeds from that should be earning the FC a fair bit of cash, especially if they have been around for a bit.

Gil donations is a real bottom feeding behaviour. Before I created a FC with some friends I was in a FC that had weekly 50-50 draws and was asking for 10k gil donations. If there has been any effort into making gil at all, then donations like that are like asking for penny donations.

Someone is skimming or needs some pointers into how to manage/make gil.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Hi yes what the fuck is that

Probs a Lightsent thing for a dungeon or FATE.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    It's a Mega-Lickitung.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The name "sin-eater" is more literal than I'd like.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Reminds me of the backstory for Cuchulainn in FFXII. He was created by the gods to consume the impurities of the world. However, there was just...way too much sin and impurity in the world, and it ultimately caused Cuchulainn to swell into this bloated monster whose touch is poisonous.

...That's bascially Exdeath's backstory, actually.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Also the villain of FFXV, though he actually volunteered

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I haven’t touched Omega yet, but I’ve done basically all the post game content now I can except for Eureka, Omega and finishing the MSQ. Going to start on Omega tonight I think. I probably won’t do a lot of Eureka shit since it sounds super tedious and grindy, but I actually don’t even really know what it is beyond that.

xiqtu04ijchn.png

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    Congrats welcome to the orb club

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i made a short video of how someone tried to get me killed and deny my orb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9jj_TctlRo

this was my 3rd run. first run we timed out with ozma at 44% but it was going very smooth. learning party so lost a TON of time to explanations. 2nd run i died on ozma because someone messed up the meteor placement and i didn't get far enough away from the bad meteor placement by like a step or two (half the party survived). 3rd attempt i decided that wasn't happening again, put a magicite into defense, and definitely forgot to swap off platebearer to dps logos. when that meteor wasn't moving i freaked

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    while zay was orbing all over the fuckin place gary and i ran like 3-4 hours of maps and I got two capybara pups and we both made like well in the market of 1.5 million gil, we full cleared (past level 7) the "pick a door" map portal 4 times (two regulars, two thief maps where there are THREE DOORS TO CHOOSE FROM)

sharkbait ooh ah ah

T4CT on
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    stop coveting orbs zay you orb fucker

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    i want to do treasure maps i need that gil

• Options