As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Original FFXIV is a more interesting game than WoW Classic

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    now that's a hot take

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    I thought about it for awhile, and I think in terms of what there is actual value in engaging with in the year 2019, FFXIV 1.0 is far, far, far above WoW Classic

Now, I might also argue that neither of them, in this day and age, are good.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    now that's a hot take

The cross-classing stuff was pretty robust back then. So in that sense...

Other parts were "interesting times" interesting. Everything to do with crafting/gathering was an obsfucated mess of hidden mechanics.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    interesting is the correct word choice

if nothing else og wow is significantly more well documented

because, y'know, people liked it

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Hyur
    Original FFXIV had largely no load times between zones

So for example, instead of Limsa Lominsa being broken up into the upper level, the lower level, and then like the front or whatever

It was just one huge zone, and then leaving the city also was unbroken

It's stuff like that which made it impossible to run on a PS3

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    the trade-off was having loading tunnels

instead of a quick fade out, fade in you had to schlep down an empty hallway

no thanks!

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I really need to move this onto my SSD lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    FF14 1.0 was unbelievable. I remember I not only managed to get to Ul'dah after starting at Limsa, but successfully made a weapon that was better than the starting weapon.
    These were actually feats at the time. As far as clearing actual content goes, there was no content to clear.

• Options
    Hyur
    They introduced content toward the end of 1.0

There was even an Ifrit fight!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    IT BEGINS.

sbcd_17d_iBfTxo.png

(Hrothgar - NIN, Hyur (F) - GNB, Viera - AST, Mi'qote (F) - BLM)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    the miqote looks like a guy to me
    the viera kinda does too actually... bunboys :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    It's gonna feel real bad to level Gunbreaker to cap, get that sweet AF armor, and then replace the coat with generic looking tank armor. I know glamors are a thing but it's still going to sting for a moment.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The fact that there is a Final Fantasy game/story that people can no longer legally play through is troubling to me, as someone who values the preservation of art and thinks the idea of a game just going away forever is a big issue we should actually be trying to solve.

Eventually 11 and this version of 14 are going to be done, too. Which means we will eventually arrive at a point where one of the most important video game series that ever existed will straight-up have two missing entries, three if you count the OG 14.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    well, """missing"""

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    that hrothgar looks like a roe with a skin condition

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    So does yer butt

• Options
    shabooty please don't troll me on my birthday

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Hyur
    16!
    sbcd_16d_UB8Rs8.png

Aldo on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Au'Ra
    Looks like Amazon has another mount DLC offer, this time for a black fat chocobo mount.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c19her/new_amazon_promotion/

Buy any game, that isn't a pre-order (FFXIV timecards work) and that costs at least $19.99, and get the mount.

Offer is good till July 1st.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I wonder if that'd work on a Nintendo points coupon? Gonna buy Cadence of Hyrule anyway.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Yeah I think a Nintendo card is what I'd buy

• Options
    Au'Ra
    I don't see why it wouldn't. You should see a message saying that your purchase qualifies for the promotion when you go to buy it just to make sure.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i feel bad for the poor fat chocobos, being teased with that food. i hope canonically every single person gives it to them when they get to their destination even if they're like, zenos or something.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I want to see the kind of fat chocobo zenos would deem worthy

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    And I see this the day after I place my Samurai Shodown preorder at Gamestop. However, I'm not sure if I'm all that interested in that particular mount, since I already have one fat chocobo mount anyway. The nimbus cloud mount is great and is what I use for nearly everything these days, outside of the FFXV car for ferrying party members.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Roegadyn
    Adus wrote: »
    i feel bad for the poor fat chocobos, being teased with that food. i hope canonically every single person gives it to them when they get to their destination even if they're like, zenos or something.

Well yeah, how ya think they got fat to begin with?

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    I want to see the kind of fat chocobo zenos would deem worthy

fat red chocobo
    choco meteor the size of dalamud

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    turtleant wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »

Well yeah, how ya think they got fat to begin with?

Their diet consisting primarily of lalafels who got too close

• Options
    Roegadyn
    No, chocobo is friend

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Hyur
    Do I want a third fat chocobo?

Yes, yes I do

• Options
    met my first frost mage

they were a sprout in stone vigil and i tried to explain the basics of BLM to them

was met with "this is just the way i like to play the spec, everyone has their own strategy so please respect that!" "if i run into trouble my FC will let me know!"

i probably never would have noticed if i hadn't given them a single target balance, then saw they were standing about 20 yards away from the enemies chain casting blizzard 2

AST is a great job to get you to hate everyone in your party

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I mean, Frost mage is legit if you need to limit your DPS for some reason. (Hi ARR EX primals).

His FC should probably let him know, though.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Zay wrote: »
    met my first frost mage

they were a sprout in stone vigil and i tried to explain the basics of BLM to them

was met with "this is just the way i like to play the spec, everyone has their own strategy so please respect that!" "if i run into trouble my FC will let me know!"

i probably never would have noticed if i hadn't given them a single target balance, then saw they were standing about 20 yards away from the enemies chain casting blizzard 2

AST is a great job to get you to hate everyone in your party

100% guarantee this person is a refugee from WoW, where Mage has long since been segregated to only ever use one of their three historic element types. The idea of a Mage that utilizes the entire flavor of their class must be a singularly foreign concept.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    nah they were just a troll if they had that canned response ready

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Remembering a RDM in Sohm Al, I think, who spent the whole dungeon doing nothing but casting Jolt over and over.

We asked them what they were doing and they said "fuck off I'll learn the class when I hit 70".

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Remembering a RDM in Sohm Al, I think, who spent the whole dungeon doing nothing but casting Jolt over and over.

We asked them what they were doing and they said "fuck off I'll learn the class when I hit 70".

I don’t understand why people wouldn’t try playing the class properly if only to alleviate boredom.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Au'Ra

If that's gonna be their attitude just buy a job boost.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Are they upping the boost level when shb comes out?

I got RDM to 70, and I feel like verflare/verholy kinda hit that point for me where I've got too many abilities to make my skillbar shortcuts comfortable.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Well I think they’re changing the RDM rotation in 2 weeks anyway

This discussion has been closed.