As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So much of my facial hair is grey now. I know laser will miss a good portion of it and I will have to do the rest as electrolysis.

Honestly there is so much to do sometimes I am often overwhelmed.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Starting to get things rolling on getting surgery. My tolerance for tits is basically gone. Probably going to need to get a loan, which I've never done before, so I hope it's possible and I don't accidentally sell my blood or something.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Saw my endo today. Now the aaaaaaaa situation has eeeeeeeeee added to it.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Name change court hearing complete! Next step is changing my birth certificate.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Speaking of Sonicfox the other week...

There's more in the twitter thread and it's pretty heartfelt stuff

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aw, good for them!

• Options
    Filled out the D&I survey for work today.

I wonder what they'll think of the pansexual trans woman they have working in their midst

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So happy for and proud of Sonicfox!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

I wonder what they'll think of the pansexual trans woman they have working in their midst

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

I'm picturing jaws music as you walk from room to room.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

I'm picturing jaws music as you walk from room to room.

I'm picturing that scene at the end of Mad Men where Peggy is strolling down the corridor with a badass attitude and big ol' hentai picture

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Folks I just want you all to know

You’re awesome

Also today I saw a Subaru Outback with a bumper sticker reading “I’m so gay I can’t even drive straight!”

I got a chuckle out of it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Everything feels absolutely nuts right now, like I'm zooming along at hyperspeed even though I've actually had a number of things delayed for at least another 3 months due to low levels.

On a borderline whim, I came out to my supervisor at work? And it went great. Like, I didn't expect bad or I would have kept quiet, but I didn't expect great! While obviously clueless about any of the details (and pretty open about that), he couldn't have done better if he had researched "how to handle this" right before I walked in there.

And then I got acceptance from my parents? Felt kind of sudden but really, really amazing. I'm not completely sure what changed from this uncomfortable "let's just not talk about it" to putting actual effort in avoiding misgendering me (without success, mind, but they were trying, and it was kind of adorable). I think it's because they started watching I Am Jazz. But also whatever clicked in their heads to make them think watching that was a thing they should do.

Oh, oh, and

I, uh

I won a raffle at work?

For, um. Get this.

Three free laser hair removal treatments

I mean, goddamn.

I feel all kinds of guilty, like this isn't all supposed to be going so well. I was too awful a person pre-"awakening" to deserve this while I know so many others have been having it so hard. And I still know it's going to be hard, but like. Wow.

I think I'm just as suspicious of auspicious happenings as I am of compliments. Like, sure, thanks, but no way this is for real right?

Also I followed a bunch of trans blogs/meme pages on Facebook, and I'm just gorging on that stuff like it's a jar of pickles. My favorite so far was the transgirl sandwich, which consisted of a bottom slice of bread, a giant layer of just pickles, and another bottom slice of bread on top, and I just described a goddamn image meme, so clearly this has overwhelmed my mental faculties and I need to stop and go breathe.

Also, you're all beautiful and wonderful and amazing, and it's quite literally thanks to the people here that I was able to take those first steps, so thank you!

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    I feel all kinds of guilty, like this isn't all supposed to be going so well. I was too awful a person pre-"awakening" to deserve this while I know so many others have been having it so hard. And I still know it's going to be hard, but like. Wow.

For the "survivor's" guilt I try to just focus on gratitude, that I get to lead this life and have these people in it. Still haven't figured out what to do with the impending sense of doom that my luck will run out, though.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »

For the "survivor's" guilt I try to just focus on gratitude, that I get to lead this life and have these people in it. Still haven't figured out what to do with the impending sense of doom that my luck will run out, though.

As somebody who gets that for other reasons: pay it forward

Life is cruel, be kind

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Not happy about the reason I need the dress but I'm glad I managed to buy one online and have it fit first try

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-justice-gay-lgbt-discrimination-civil-rights-1455977
    With its brief on Friday, the Department of Justice is trying to impel the Supreme Court to issue a precedent-setting ruling that would give the green light to employers nationwide who are not encumbered by state anti-discrimination ordinances.

Just last week, the Justice Department filed a similar brief in a different case dealing with anti-transgender discrimination, arguing along the same lines that federal civil rights law does not protect transgender employees from losing their jobs.

Remarkably, the department argued in its memorandum that the reason anti-gay discrimination is not unlawful under the ban on sex-based discrimination is because, in cases of adverse treatment by an employer, both gay men and gay women would be addressed equally poorly.

this country deserves every shitty thing thatll happen to it in the next ten years

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’ve had to go back down to 100mg of spiro. Apparently my body turned into the Testosterone Inquisition and I was way too low.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Wait, what's way too low?
    Mine went down to 7, but my endo was happy with that.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mine was 5, and 7 back in Jan.

I think my doc is going by cis standards, which isn’t accounting for how estrogen is a derivative of testosterone. This doesn’t mean that’s the ONLY function of T, but rather if there should be a difference in range for cis vs. trans women. And the answer you get depends on whom you ask: I’ve seen some places just use cis standards, and others gives a way more ambiguous “well below male range.”

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I just did some panic-research and found that same info spread. Nobody seems to definitively know. Which, no surprises there.

I suppose in the short term if it helps the hair situation I'll be okay with it for a bit? Then worry about low normal levels in the long term?

Trial and error lifestyle.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I don't like going there. You can never find an employee if you need help, and they're always trying to sell you a damn membership card

• Options
    oh so that's what I am

I am a best boy

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    6yddjdlsx3zl.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I don't like going there. You can never find an employee if you need help, and they're always trying to sell you a damn membership card

And really they only carry mid line mediocre boys.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Hello queer thread, it's been awhile! I've been laboring in the depression/brain spiders mines! Yaay!

But then, today, somehow, a date has fallen into my lap.

A really hot guy messaged me on OkCupid, and is into kinky stuff like I am, and wants to go to a board game cafe with me this Thursday?

I even told him I'm fatter now than in my pics and he was like "don't worry about it".

He called me fucking adorable at one point?

What is happening?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I was supposed to start hormones today and psychiatrist withdrew her consent

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Fucking hell

• Options
    I had an anxiety attack because I had to see her again and she took that as a sign I was not ready for HRT and not stable enough in my emotions

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I had an anxiety attack because I had to see her again and she took that as a sign I was not ready for HRT and not stable enough in my emotions

Cos nothing's going to help stability of emotions better than having needed medical treatment dangled in front of your face and then taken away at the last second?

• Options
    It probably didn't help I drank 1.5 liters of Red Bull because I've been awake for so long and sleep deprivation interacts really badly with my ADD

• Options
    edited September 2019

Cos nothing's going to help stability of emotions better than having needed medical treatment dangled in front of your face and then taken away at the last second?

Doesn't help that my T levels are pathologically low and the lack of sex hormones probably factors into my depression and anxiety (my T was measured multiple times now and the level's stable so it seems like a concrete possibility)

Platy on
  • Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular

Doesn't help that my T levels are pathologically low and the lack of sex hormones probably factors into my depression and anxiety (my T was measured multiple times now and the level's stable so it seems like a concrete possibility)

I honestly don't understand the medical mindset of deciding someone is not ready for something when they're perfectly capable of making that call themselves. It seems at best negligent, at worst malicious.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    it's simple, you have to be 110% sane and mentally perfect to get hormones and also needing hormones proves you're mentally ill. Logic.

This makes me incredibly mad, Platy. I'm sorry you're going through all that.

• Options

I honestly don't understand the medical mindset of deciding someone is not ready for something when they're perfectly capable of making that call themselves. It seems at best negligent, at worst malicious.

a friend of mine basically had the rug pulled right out from under them by a psych, who had already been really demanding of them socially transitioning before they'd approve of HRT stuff, then right before the psych had said they'd write the letter they did a 180 and said it'd take at least 6 more months

I am honestly fuckin furious about it

and I feel kinda guilty about how supportive my medical professionals have been about my stuff

• Options
    Gatekeeping just leads to power hungry gatekeepers who harm people in their quest for some unreal and stupid purity.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Gatekeeping just leads to power hungry gatekeepers who harm people in their quest for some unreal and stupid purity.

Or a quest to profit off of desperation

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I am waiting right now to see how much weight they are going to force me to lose before we even start talking about GCS. . .

Seidkona on
This discussion has been closed.