As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Finally have some time to play. My plan to go softcore is out so I have a feeling lots of dying ahead and not at the usual late 80s and early 90s. All the HC peeps seem to be playing cyclone or essence drain. Anyone have any ideas out of the meta that is probably channeling or dot and doesn't use leapslam, which is toxic on xbox. How bad was the HoA nerf? Is ES really trash now for early league/budget characters?

ES is great. My ED trickster has 9.7k ES with bow.

The meta is all about area clear speed due to Legion mechanical. I can show you very strong builds that will wreck uber elder, but aren't good at legion because you need such a high area clear.

Good alternatives to the meta are bow builds like Elemental Hit, EH Totems, or Tornado Shot.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Forums are full of lag/unplayable comments but my guess is that this is a constant refrain from people with less than spectacular internet.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Heffling wrote: »
    Finally have some time to play. My plan to go softcore is out so I have a feeling lots of dying ahead and not at the usual late 80s and early 90s. All the HC peeps seem to be playing cyclone or essence drain. Anyone have any ideas out of the meta that is probably channeling or dot and doesn't use leapslam, which is toxic on xbox. How bad was the HoA nerf? Is ES really trash now for early league/budget characters?

The meta is all about area clear speed due to Legion mechanical. I can show you very strong builds that will wreck uber elder, but aren't good at legion because you need such a high area clear.

Good alternatives to the meta are bow builds like Elemental Hit, EH Totems, or Tornado Shot.

Thanks. I like the idea of a bow build. To the POB.....

Edit. Nice build. How do you avoid stuns?

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular

@knight11e is playing HoAg and seems to be cruising thru red maps on a 5L

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I really ought to try a bow build. I always end up enjoying them more than I expect to in these games.

So.

If I like the mindless joy of running around full speed spamming Oblique Shot in Tree of Savior, is there a bow skill for me?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Kamar wrote: »
    I really ought to try a bow build. I always end up enjoying them more than I expect to in these games.

So.

If I like the mindless joy of running around full speed spamming Oblique Shot in Tree of Savior, is there a bow skill for me?

There are a few. The main ones are Tornado Shot and Elemental Hit currently. Both are fun. Both do different things. Tornado shot has epic clear speed with gear and can be built elemental or now with bleeds/physical. Elemental Hit requires specific gearing really but is fun and scales to absurd numbers. And has nearly as good clear and much higher single target.

Bleed tornado shot been a meme build really. But thing is with PoE you can make meme builds a reality. And with all the recent changes to bleed and the like its less meme and more a reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-rRXCz0Bs4

That guy kills Uber elder without using barrage by the looks of it. Barrage is a single target that most people use in this game.

There are a wealth of other abilities that work just fine though. Things like caustic arrow, or rain of arrows or the like.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    a bow build you say

https://youtu.be/cdNkP_V47DM

this seems about right

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ok I'm going to do Chieftain Shockwave third, I think, because I want to keep this good energy going and I don't want to get bored and miss out on making a spinny boi. So what's the difference between cyclone on Slayer, Berzerker, Champion, Gladiator, et al?

Since my ED/Contagion character is pretty good at clear and bossing, I want my spinny boi to be really, really fucking good at 5-way legion battles. I want to smash the shit out of them because that content's cool as hell, which will necessitate some defenses so I don't get oneshot by all the shit flying around.

• Options
    Zerkers have charges now that do lots of cool things but require you to be hitting things so has that ramp attached to it. The degen from Rage is not insignificant still so have to account for you will will be taking dmg you have to account for while you are attacking still. Rage is still straight dmg increase with chance to do double dmg based on rage stacks. They added stacks on the other side based off of crit interactions. The rest of the tree is largely the same with more bonuses from taking dmg and using warcrys and the like. They are popular cycloners but not as popular as.

Slayers. They are 2h big dudes of pain. Overleech. Its as strong as it has always been. They added a bunch of area and base crit to the 2 pointers but the big thing is more dmg on the left 4 pointer which brings slayer back as the go too 2hand melee. With the other additions you could also use slayer for other things like crit based builds or builds where you want to fill the screen with area effect. But overleech and 20% cull with the overall dmg additions make slayer back to the go to for cyclone.

Champ remains unchanged really. Its ok. You have to stop spinning to activate adrenaline but has its normal added benefits of being a good crit base with no evasion attached to taunt and such.

Gladiator is bleed explosion base. With the ability to max block. Meant to be a max block tanky goodness ascendancy but has new nodes to add in its own charges to get some burst of speed. I like it but more adept to dual wield builds. Would work fine with cyclone tho.

• Options
    The only thing I have to add to what @Jubal77 said is that if you're picking Champion for your Cyclone build, you are 100% committing to Impale.

The ascendancy itself continues to be a really nice balance of offense and defense though.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Gladiator has the charges that come from blood/sand stances, that give more attack and move speed per charge. So you could consider dual wield cyclone for easy frenzy and endurance charge generation. I saw Nugi using that setup with an offhand Prismatic Eclipse with a white socket for that extra range that was really effective looking.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Also Chief is still viable as well. Grab a Ngha axe and get free Xophs Blood on hit. Just people arent going elemental heh. And Scion can work as well. Just doesnt get any of the new goodies in her ascendency picks. She still gets nice things like Overleech and the like tho.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I want to do 2h or 1h/1h honestly. My impulse is to lean towards 2h + kaom's but fuck if that's not going to be really expensive. I could be swayed towards dual wield if it's comparable damage?

Committing to Impale sounds perfectly fine.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Well you can do impale with any physical build really. Its just Champ gets access to like 2 more stacks which is a straight 20%+ more unmitigated dmg taken by itself and other goodies. So its not a small thing. As far as dmg goes from what I have seen of dual wielders they were getting along really fast with OH Pris Eclipses like Saldonas said.

I also always forget another nice thing Champs get is fortify buffing. And with the buffs to fortify this league on the tree its not a small thing.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Trickster, one of the notables gives you stun immunity as long as you have ES.

• Options

Trickster, one of the notables gives you stun immunity as long as you have ES.

Why did I not know that.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do have to say there was a new patch yesterday on xbox? God damn it makes picking up like multiple items a pain in the ass. You're character will instead do your a button move if you try and like grab currency on the ground rapid fire. It feels like a bug, but I have no idea.

Also seems to come up with locking you into like swinging your weapon without button presses or requiring you to hit a to a nearby object like a conversation to actually move.

I noticed this too. Some weird stuff with the A button.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do have to say there was a new patch yesterday on xbox? God damn it makes picking up like multiple items a pain in the ass. You're character will instead do your a button move if you try and like grab currency on the ground rapid fire. It feels like a bug, but I have no idea.

Also seems to come up with locking you into like swinging your weapon without button presses or requiring you to hit a to a nearby object like a conversation to actually move.

well I'm glad its not just me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the (5-8)% increased maximum Life/(5-8)% increased maximum Mana craft unlocked? I'll drop a few chaos your way, I just don't want to risk my item to randos.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Does anyone have the (5-8)% increased maximum Life/(5-8)% increased maximum Mana craft unlocked? I'll drop a few chaos your way, I just don't want to risk my item to randos.

I do indeed - whats your char name?

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

A bit late, but not only did this patch change how movement skills start up (most are instant now), but I *think* there was a change on consoles so you can force them to always go max distance. This probably fixes your issues with leap slam, but I haven't tried it myself.

On PC leap slam and shield charge are super smooth, not only the startup but you can also keep moving as soon as you land/stop. It's all one smooth motion now. Even flame dash feels great to use.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Last night it seemed like I had to move or perform another action before it would let me pick something else up. I got to the point where I would take off my A skill after each delve so I could loot

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

Last night it seemed like I had to move or perform another action before it would let me pick something else up. I got to the point where I would take off my A skill after each delve so I could loot

Yeah it sucked when I popped like a chest full of item mods and I just couldn't fast loot like prior to that. But with like the weird a button stuff, it felt like something got busted.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    no love for cyclone raider, huh?

one of the biggest issues with cyclone is getting enough movespeed to feel like you're not constantly stuck in mud while channeling and raider just fixes that by itself

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I'd be happy to leave A blank except that there's not enough buttons. In delve this is even more problematic as you have to ditch 2 for bombs and flares.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So I did some testing on the Chief tonight. And while I assumed it would work I had to make sure. Cast while channelling + fire spell = endurance charges. And so I borrowed a ngahamus axe from a friend and the balls casting from the axe also proc the endurance charges. So all I need to do is add a CWDT Immortal Call to the build and I get the bonus from 15% dmg node and can run nga axe for the balls and endurance charges and CWC Wave for the ultra fire resist lowering on the cyclone.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    hey uber elder what up with yo eye!
    eMy3o4R.png

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    So I got an elder fingerless silk glove (ilvl 84) and I guess it's worth a ton. What am I missing here? Is it just the combo of rare base, high ilvl, and elder/shaper?

• Options
    yes people will use it to craft some silly shit - stuff like the astral plate at that level will be bought for an absolutely ridiculous amount

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I accidentally spent like 2+ hours in Path of Building tinkering a subpar scion Frost Blades build that uses dual daggers or White Wind into something passable.

Now I can't change my mind and use claws or swords.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Huh, my Minotaur just did his underground dive and never came back up.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Huh, my Minotaur just did his underground dive and never came back up.

Fuck this shit I'm out

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

I'd be happy to leave A blank except that there's not enough buttons. In delve this is even more problematic as you have to ditch 2 for bombs and flares.

I only remove it for large loot moments, it's leap slam during normal play. I don't even have flares Dynamite on my bars right now, though I try to make sure to put them on an aura when they do go on. That way as long as I hit my hideout before I delve, and I don't die during delve, I don't have to screw with changing hot bars.

I've been running Flesh and Stone, Precision, and Dread Banner as my auras but the other night I had Pride drop and I realized that I was only like 70 mana away from being able to add in Pride. Silly me didn't think about the 85% mana reservation that meant I was actually like 140 mana away from it. Shenanigans occurred, but after 6 passives, 2 misspent chaos clicking the wrong craft, and a clutch ring ID I'm now running 4 auras with 20 mana to spare.

I don't think I'll be able to add a maim support to Flesh and Stone without an enlighten and those are 30c so that's not happening soon. Also my Precision is only 17 but I don't want to think about rising mana costs for 3 more levels.

• Options
    I need to revisit my choice to use one-handed swords for my Cyclone Champ. I've been cruising through red maps, but I took a run at a couple guardians last night and could feel that my DPS (at least for Phoenix, where it's hard to safely ramp up Impale and Pride) wasn't quite where I wanted it to be. I suspect a 2H Axe a la ZiggyD has a higher ceiling on damage, but I need to run the numbers in PoB.

I'm also thinking about rolling Divine Ire totems. Something about the idea of BLORPing a bunch of lasers at mobs is really entertaining to me.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    One of my friends is playing a Divine Ire Trickster with around 4 million dps. He tells me he's very squishy though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jack,_the_Axe

Got one of these this morning, it looks decentish? You think someone would want it? I also got a decent unique sword I remember using before last league, finally starting to get some drops I'm like "not bad not bad"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    The threshold for EO is if you're not building crit and dealing lots of elemental damage. Something like the MS juggernaut would get EO. Crit requires a lot of investment usually, while EO is a single keystone.

I am, in fact, playing MS Juggernaut...I guess I'll grab it :D I pathed to it, just wasn't sure when it was viable to take it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Got one of these this morning, it looks decentish? You think someone would want it? I also got a decent unique sword I remember using before last league, finally starting to get some drops I'm like "not bad not bad"

Jack the axe can be a pretty good starter weapon for some builds, but at least on pc the market is pretty saturated - I usually leave one of them in a 2c tab and it'll sell eventually, but prob won't see any real currency.

• Options
    hush wrote: »

Jack the axe can be a pretty good starter weapon for some builds, but at least on pc the market is pretty saturated - I usually leave one of them in a 2c tab and it'll sell eventually, but prob won't see any real currency.

2c is good enough for me! I'm on xbone though. All I really want are some damn jeweler stuff...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    One of my friends is playing a Divine Ire Trickster with around 4 million dps. He tells me he's very squishy though.

Divine Ire is a blast. I made an Elementalist where I'd just hold down the fire button and hit Q for Tempest Shield to trigger the attack. Kept TS up permanently and felt like an actual trigger shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJQE4DKf0c

jungleroomx on
This discussion has been closed.