As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It really is crazy how much depth there is to most characters in Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG60wMEG_wE

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    out of everything that damn lijiang garden kiosk gives me the most trouble

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Ever since learning that looking down with Lucio changes the angle of your wallride jumps (a bit like Winston's short jumps) I feel like my ability to get around with him has improved 1000%

I was always getting caught on ledges and doorframes.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Ever since learning that looking down with Lucio changes the angle of your wallride jumps (a bit like Winston's short jumps) I feel like my ability to get around with him has improved 1000%

I was always getting caught on ledges and doorframes.

Same!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Dafran vs Mangachu Torb hammer 1v1 is confirmed for the Atlanta Homestand.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    *extremely dafran sub sound* that’s fantastic

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Logix is making a goddamn statement today. And that statement is "How dare you ever take me out of Overwatch League?"

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm out for most of July due to travel. I'll see ya'll in August for LUCIOBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    My internet exploded. Not sure what's up with that. Sorry about the DC. Hopefully it figures itself out cause it doesn't seem to be anything on my end.

• Options
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So Muma has got to be the most exhausted person in OWL right? The analysts are always talking about how demanding tanking is in the current meta and he's almost exclusively solo tanked this whole stage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    aw boo, there was a patch today

i had a really nice round in TDM where me and my teammates were all poppin that i wanted to save the replay of, i got boostio'd twice during it

you'll just have to imagine my highlight where i was wallriding and baited out a flashbang, received the nano, doinked the mccree as he started high nooning in response, then turned and finished off their hanzo as the boost wore off

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Me and @Death of Rats ended up in a few games of Hero Gauntlet together and ran into quite the character.

Literally every time he died he complained about something in chat. I know I sometimes react to things in chat and sometimes kinda strongly but this guy was neverending.

Here are a few samples:

Fuck you

Fuck you killstealer

Fuck a Mei

Y'all are so toxic

My dad works for microsoft (a good joke)

1v1 me (I think he was serious about this one)

Fuck you

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Probably my best, and most nerve wracking blade ever. Okay, so far.

https://youtu.be/wHcNldwHfu8

I think that was actually my hand shaking, and not the video quality.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ugh these games are so early

looks like the scrim god himself showed up to play today

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    What is going on with the casting teams? This is so weird.

Edit: For anyone not watching, it started out with Uber/Mr X before the match started, then it switches to Monte/Doa and no one mentions it at all. Monte/Doa were casting the Twitch stream, but Uber/X were still casting on the POV streams and on ABC. Then on Volskaya it was Monte/Doa for the first half of the map, then Uber/X for the second half.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    What is going on with the casting teams? This is so weird.
    We're reaching levels of NA Production that shouldn't even be possible

• Options
    edited July 2019
    lmfao they switched from the monte/doa audio to uber/x and back mid round

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    IT KEEPS CHANGING HOLY SHIT

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    By the end of the weekend are we just gonna switch caster duos every sentence?

Also which caster duo do you reckon is from the Berenstein Bears dimension?

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    The early start time was nice for me. I got to watch all the games while working, and didn't have to watch on phone after I was done for the day. Great matches today too!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Holy moly, Shanghai finishing that Hollywood with 0.1 seconds on the clock. And then in the same match we had that Volskaya where they completed with the same time.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Yep, that's a...Shanghai Niner

Coinage on
  • Options
    This Torb 1v1 is so stupid. I love it.

• Options
    I was about to say that.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I wasn't able to watch it. Who won?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I'm guessing Torb

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mangachu, 7 to 5

each of their respective teams came out partway through to cheer them on, it was pretty hype

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    playoffs bracket:

o4vr3ru2e5f6.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    RIP Outlaws I guess :(

I've got another midnight upgrade tonight, so i should be able to play a few games with the crew.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Work league is picking up in a month so I guess I'm coming back to this game. Have they touched my darling roadboi in the past six-ish months?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    IIRC his spread on his weapon was reduced slightly and they tweaked the knockback on whole hog.

You can definitely still murder folks with him if that's your concern.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Spark Valiant game is gonna be good.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    IIRC his spread on his weapon was reduced slightly and they tweaked the knockback on whole hog.

Yeah, combined with the nerfs to D.Va and other goats characters, and the buffs to Orisa, Hog is a pretty solid pick these days.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hmm, so quarters... I could actually see the Dragons pulling out a surprise upset. Probably a bad pick, but oh well.
    Definitely Valiant over Spark.
    Definitely Shock over Dynasty.
    And Titans over Outlaws. Outlaws upset Titans previously, but I don't see it happening again.

That would mean Titans vs Dragons in semis (Titans)
    and Shock vs Valiant (Valiant)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I always hope Shanghai loses now that Geguri is perma benched for frickin Sombra

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

Unless you're me and can't combo to save your life.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Hmm, so quarters... I could actually see the Dragons pulling out a surprise upset. Probably a bad pick, but oh well.
    Definitely Valiant over Spark.
    Definitely Shock over Dynasty.
    And Titans over Outlaws. Outlaws upset Titans previously, but I don't see it happening again.

That would mean Titans vs Dragons in semis (Titans)
    and Shock vs Valiant (Valiant)

I admire your dedication to Valiant, but Hangzhou already beat them earlier this stage (it was close, but if anything I think Hangzhou underperformed and is primed to beat them in a rematch) and after dropping two this stage Shock has a MASSIVE chip on their shoulder. I'd be surprised if they beat one, positively flabbergasted if they went to the finals.

That being said, I'd have no problem with every single playoff match being an upset.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah even if Valiant did beat Titans I don't know if they're consistent enough to pull out a stage playoffs win...

I want to believe in Shock but they've seemed a little lost unless it's a map where 3-3 is the only viable comp. It might be enough for them to beat Seoul though.

This discussion has been closed.