As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Sounds like it's time to start saving for summer!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    GSSR got me Cleopatra and I got Hokusai on my 2nd 10-pull

Pretty happy!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Oh god I just read up on Setsubun. This is gonna suck.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    GSSR gave me a NEET Princess! Wooo!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    GSSR: NP4 Penny, Prisma Cosmos, and Lucha Big Sis.

Acceptable.

Waiting for the Melt rate-up to take another shot.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    GSSR gave me Altera

Well

It's not awful, but pretty much the second-worse possibility outside of getting a dupe

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I got Hokusai. But goddamn did that hurt in the process.
    Tamamo NP2, Waver NP5, Waver USO, Drake NP4. 25+ copies of the 5* CE. Should have stopped, did not stop, budget is gone for everything I play until Skadi at the earliest.

At least I also picked up Tomoe Gouzen and Nezha in the process. But ow.

Madican on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I had 7.5 % chance to get a dupe.

Welcome, sigh, NP2 Musashi.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I had 7.5 % chance to get a dupe.

Welcome, sigh, NP2 Musashi.

At least it's a pretty good dupe!

• Options
    So, what did everyone think of the Part 2/Lostbelt Prologue? :+1:

Part 2 Opening:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sllxhazDI

And I'll repost this as it's probably been buried in GSSR posts.
    Part 2 Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTe92JhvASc

Also, for those that haven't watched it, you should really watch the Fate/Grand Order -MOONLIGHT/LOSTROOM- special.
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/fategrand-order-moonlightlostroom-/fategrand-order-moonlightlostroom-fategrand-order-moonlightlostroom-792232
    https://vrv.co/series/GRZJEMV36/FateGrand-Order-MOONLIGHTLOSTROOM-

It has some.... implications.

So... Is everyone ready to save the world again? To quote Gudako

"Just another day at the office."

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Wound up with Nero Bride from the GSSR. I was gunning for a single-target lancer or archer since those remain pretty big holes in my lineup, but you definitely won't hear me complaining. Took a whack at the new girl as well but came up mostly empty-handed; saving the tickets for one of the later banners. Not feeling that lucky, but after Okita, you never know.

Anyway, c'mon Nero, I'll show you to your quarte-

Oh. Oooh. Uh, yeah, about that. Look, it's gonna be a bit cramped going forward, I'm gonna need you to be a champ about this.
    Lostbelt opener was a wild ride, literally. I kept myself free of spoilers, but man was I ready to punch the screen at the end of it.

We could've avoided so much trouble if the army of MGS-looking goons had been just a little quicker at their jobs.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Rolled for Oei and MLB New Beginnings (5* CE). 270 Quarts.

Got MLB (5) New Beginnings.
    Got 15 Avalon Celebrats (4* CE)
    Got 6 Happiness Is Like A Warm Puppy (3*) CE
    Got my Second Copy of Saberlot.
    Got two copies of Oei!

Wooooooo!

• Options
    10 tickets just to try for Hokusai...one New Beginnings. Oh well, not awful.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    My rolls for Hokusai went extremely poorly, as is a trend on my NA account lately, but at least the Bad Civilization roll went pretty well. Got Lancer Artoria, and "AOE Lancer" is definitely something I needed. Would have preferred Karna or Ereshkigal, but I'm still totally happy with that result.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Now, even though Im tempted to roll for Hokusai, am waiting for a Da Vinci event rerun to roll for Jalter with 950 SQ and 56 tickets. If it will go well, then I will continue to roll for Moriarty or Gilgamesh, and in the case it will go unrealistically well and I will still have a lot of SQ, I will roll for Hokusai during her last rate-up day.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    GSSR got me Kiara, and then da Vinci. No point trying for Hokusai now.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I got Helena. Because the game is continuing to punish me for complaining about having no Casters. Also my phone autocompleted everything after complaining there, which tells me something.

And a random Marie for NP3.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    GSSR Okita + random Vlad III Lancer. Can't complain about that.

Hokusai pulls - 80, I think, total:
    NP2 Herc
    Fragment of 2030 (first copy)
    Kaleidoscope (first copy, after getting 4 of that damn Bodhisattva one)
    Prisma Cosmos
    New Beginnings
    Anne & Mary
    A truly atrocious run of 30 pulls which produced 3 copies of Avalon Celebrates and nothing else
    Hokusai!

Overall, not much to complain about. Still have 90 pulls left.

• Options
    GSSR got me Kiara, and then da Vinci. No point trying for Hokusai now.

Well that's just cruel. It's been less than a day!

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    GSSR got me NP2 Musashi, which isn't ideal but isn't bad. The 120 quartz I threw at Hokusai pretty much just got me a third copy of d'Eon.

• Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Cavalry banner got me Davinici classic not a top pic but it beats last summers NP3 Arjuna.

As for the Prologue.

DAMN YOU KIREI and your sudden yet inevitable betrayal

Corran on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    GSSR
    g3zDq8d.jpg

Was hoping for Zerker Mama, But Gramps got a few more disciples.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Kinda sad it takes so long for the Lostbelts to come out. They dropped this huge Prologue on us, but we're not gonna get Lostbelt 1 till like... March.

At least we're getting more new events compared to the re-runs of last year.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    FGO is great, but their timing of story chapters tends to be awful.

I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes, and I assume preparing new chapters and scheduling is complicated.

But it’s a real buzzkill to have a dramatic prologue, get an exciting animated intro to part 2 ... and then find out it’s going to be four months before you can play it.

• Options

I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes, and I assume preparing new chapters and scheduling is complicated.

But it’s a real buzzkill to have a dramatic prologue, get an exciting animated intro to part 2 ... and then find out it’s going to be four months before you can play it.

It could be worse. Magia Record is rushing everything (no breaks, shorter events, and the holiday ones are now doubling up) except the main story. Chapter 7's first quest came out in October and we're still only 2/3 through it.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Also it turns out that you have to actually finish (at least most of) Shimousa to fully ascend Hokusai. Oops. >.>

Tenek on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »

It could be worse. Magia Record is rushing everything (no breaks, shorter events, and the holiday ones are now doubling up) except the main story. Chapter 7's first quest came out in October and we're still only 2/3 through it.

More games should do this, honestly

Just get caught up to the main server, future sight is a curse

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Tenek wrote: »

More games should do this, honestly

Just get caught up to the main server, future sight is a curse

You can speed up without going Korea Mode though

• Options
    Could be a lot worse.

You could start your game badly offcycle from the JP start with a very harsh powercreep curve, but still pull up future events from JP so that they are correctly seasonal except the banners for those events contained units who are FAR more busted compared to the other units who should be releasing at that point in the game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Could be a lot worse.

You could start your game badly offcycle from the JP start with a very harsh powercreep curve, but still pull up future events from JP so that they are correctly seasonal except the banners for those events contained units who are FAR more busted compared to the other units who should be releasing at that point in the game.

:cry:

• Options
    In lighter news, I complained so hard about my luck on NA that Hokusai showed up to make it all better. Thanks, handful of quartz from the prologue.

As much as I had been aiming to avoid duplicate 5*s from my JP account, this is one I'm very okay with.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just hyperspeed until you catch up, and then keep pace with the main server

One of the best parts of Honkai is that it's only a month behind CN

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Type-Moon has said in the past that they wanted to limit NA player's knowledge of future banners, but haven't done much outside of thanksgiving stuff. Getting the lostbelts on a quicker pace could help with that. But dosn't seem to be the plan.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    I'm actually totally happy with how the NA server has been going about things. I don't want a quicker pace. That said, I have the two accounts, and I avoid playing more than I need to as it is. A quicker pace on NA would force me to put more time into it, and I really don't want that. I'm also not sure what I'd do if it ever caught up... but I suppose I there's no reason for me to even think about that.

• Options
    Meanwhile, I legitimately do not want them to speed up at all. Some of us have jobs and things that prevent us from hypergrinding outside of a bit on the weekend and this isn't the only thing we play.

That stretch of back to back content around Rashomon was awful.

More apples don't mean shit when there aren't enough real life hours in the day.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I legitimately do not want them to speed up at all. Some of us have jobs and things that prevent us from hypergrinding outside of a bit on the weekend and this isn't the only thing we play.

That stretch of back to back content around Rashomon was awful.

More apples don't mean shit when there aren't enough real life hours in the day.

Stamina is no longer a meaningful constraint on me when I have 400+ gold apples.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Avenger Nobu produces so much Otome Hotness that she crossed gender barriers and featured #42 on top hottest characters for the year via female otaku. Of all Fate characters, only Emya and Caster Gilgamesh ranked higher. She beat all the other placing Fate characters. She's, as far as I can tell, the only female character on the list.

The poll in question: https://note.com/yumejo/n/nca7de3e94d91

Other amusing things:
    Yamper at #15. Everyone loves Corgis.
    Joker and Snape somehow being on the list, pointing out there's still crazies out there.
    Kylo Ren not making the list.

• Options
    Avenger Nobu produces so much Otome Hotness that she crossed gender barriers and featured #42 on top hottest characters for the year via female otaku. Of all Fate characters, only Emya and Caster Gilgamesh ranked higher. She beat all the other placing Fate characters. She's, as far as I can tell, the only female character on the list.

The poll in question: https://note.com/yumejo/n/nca7de3e94d91

Other amusing things:
    Yamper at #15. Everyone loves Corgis.
    Joker and Snape somehow being on the list, pointing out there's still crazies out there.
    Kylo Ren not making the list.
    In fairness, the second form of Avenger Nobu is male. That's probably only a small factor as to why they're on there, though.

• Options
    Avenger Nobu is on my long term radar. On my shorter term radar is Scáthach-Skaði. I'm going to start building up mats and QP for her, it worked for pulling Jalter last time.

(175,057,250 QP needed to get a 5* to 90 and 10/10/10)

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    With Great/Super chances on boost I decided to make some CE bombs when I found out where my Hokusai luck wandered off to as three of this guy showed up in rapid succession.

bD2drBml.jpg

So that's a thing.