As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Just sounds like nurglings, and nurglings are cool.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    How long do you think it'll be before the Sybarites have/are included in a box set? I haven't seen any news about something like that but they've just released and I figure it'll be awhile before they figure most of the people who will buy it all separately right at the start will have mostly done so already

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    They might get a Christmas bundle, there's normally at least one new army in those, but if you mean a start collecting box then Ossiarch still don't have one and they're, like, two years old. So, er, to answer your question, probably not anytime soon.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's o weird to see this vampire release. There are all these very AoS new releases which take their core concepts to more of an extreme than the old fantasy armies and now GW is basically bringing back the old vampire counts in oldhammer style.

I'm not objecting, though. All the previewed models look very cool and the old deathrattle/skeleton kits hold up pretty well.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    As someone who has built a "Vampire Counts" LoN army in the last couple years, I'm both excited and wary.

Excited for obvious reasons, wary that they squat half my army or something.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    They might get a Christmas bundle, there's normally at least one new army in those, but if you mean a start collecting box then Ossiarch still don't have one and they're, like, two years old. So, er, to answer your question, probably not anytime soon.

Yeah but the Ossiarch got Feast of Bones. Is there a box set like that with the Sybarites I missed?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Oh, then technically Shadow and Pain would probably count, even though it is mostly old models and some of it is daemons. I can't imagine them doing another Slaanesh dual box soon after that one.

• Options
    I can't quite fathom why, when knowing they're going to be releasing a bunch of brand new models for Slaanesh, to release a Slaanesh box with mostly Daemons and like, one new Sybarite? I think the Hellriders predate the more recent stuff right? Especially when there's already a couple of box sets with Slaanesh Daemons in them.

• Options
    Quite possible they just had a shit ton of Slaanesh daemons in a warehouse somewhere. Re-configuring them into a "new" box is one way to get rid of them.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Warhammer-Community's look at the Starblood Stalkers cards (for Underworlds).

The Chameleon Skink is really interesting: his dartpipe attack only hits on Crits, but it rolls three dice so that's not too bad. Then it has Cleave and Ensnare, so opponents only successfully defend on Crits. And while it only has one damage and doesn't cause knockback, it slaps a Move Token on them. Neat.

• Options
    pardzh wrote: »
    Quite possible they just had a shit ton of Slaanesh daemons in a warehouse somewhere. Re-configuring them into a "new" box is one way to get rid of them.

I think this is the most likely answer, personally I find Hellstriders to be terribly ugly sculpts, so bundling unsold stock up in a boxed set makes sense. Though I'd also be wiling to entertain the notion that COVID delays messed up the release schedule enough that they had to juggle the box contents around, certainly it seems like a lot of releases have been delayed or moved from initial plans.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Warhammer-Community's look at the Starblood Stalkers cards (for Underworlds).

The Chameleon Skink is really interesting: his dartpipe attack only hits on Crits, but it rolls three dice so that's not too bad. Then it has Cleave and Ensnare, so opponents only successfully defend on Crits. And while it only has one damage and doesn't cause knockback, it slaps a Move Token on them. Neat.

Get fucked Molag?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Definitely getting the new vampires for AOS

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Definitely getting the new vampires for AOS

They really give off that old school look of the vampire armies of old

• Options
    Oh look, dragon blades are getting reboxed.

New skeletons is a surprise. Probably a good idea to snag a few of the old ones if you want to keep your army a bit cheaper.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    What's this then?

https://youtu.be/FcZXmetn1MU

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    The Kurnothi from Beastgrave are finally getting some AoS stuff? Nice. But in a Broken Realms book...

(I wonder if it will tie into Direchasm in some way, and "the mountain" he was buried in refers to Beastgrave. Sigvald's return had a connection to Shadespire, after all.)

I assume we'll get a couple new units (whoever Kragnos is, some faun archers and some centaurs), and maybe see them rolled into a new Sylvaneth Battletome?

Edit: though I saw some speculation on this being a non-Chaos Ogroid army, which could be cool.

//

Kainan's Reapers look better than I could have hoped for. Peak Underworlds warband from my perspective - I love it when you get presented a smorgasbord of the faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUuLrqQYh8&ab_channel=Warhammer

Their lore is also pretty funny: apparently they came to Beastgrave to collect the Bone Tithe from the Silent People, only to find them all wiped out. So they went "oh shit" and are scrambling to collect if from the other warbands.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation around this Kragnos fellow, my first thought from the dialog was a Shaggoth character heralding a new Dragon Ogor release (along with some much needed stuff for BoC) but the image definitely has a horse body rather than a dragon, could still be a Centigor style character for BoC I suppose, but I'm less confident in that assumption now.
    Could be Kurnothi, for sure, though I'm pretty sure the bottom decoration on his shield matches one of the rumour engine images which doesn't look at all elven to me, almost more dwarven, could potentially be leaning chaos dwarves I guess? But, again, looks more like a horse centaur than a bull centaur or anything.
    Personally I hope it's something for Destruction, either some entirely new Destruction faction or at least a god level character to compete with the other grand alliances. Either way it's quite clever to bring up a wholly new character tied to the Broken Realms narrative, as it immediately puts him on an associated level with Morathi and Teclis et al.

Overall I wasn't too impressed with the preview, it was all nice enough stuff, but nothing that blew me away really. Nice to see plastic Blood Knights finally, and I like the look of the Dire Bats, but I'm hoping we're going to get the Lumineth treatment with these Gravelords where they've shown off the old school style stuff first and there's a few more interesting sculpts lurking in the wings, there is that zombie dragon on the battletome cover which looks pretty different to the current kit...

I love the main guy for the Ossiarch warband, but the rest of them aren't doing much for me unfortunately, probably the weakest season 4 squad to my eye, but then they're up against some stiff competition this season!

• Options
    Though it is the cards that make the real difference with the warbands that main Ossiarch is nearly twice as tall as the rest of their warband is interesting

The 40k side of the preview was more of stuff I am interested in or now thinking about getting
    Just what Kragnos is I will wait and see

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    The leader of the Ossiarch warband is kind of what I was hoping the army would be in general in terms of scale and stature. More equal to the size of a Stormcast, as Nagash's answer to them.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I just got my ass stomped with Blades of Khorne against Sylvaneth. On the upside I killed Alarielle, but still got tabled in turn 3.

I really like this army, but I can never really get it into a groove. I always seem to do some sort of mis-step that gives my opponent the win. I lean hard into fast moving Blood Reavers and a lot of magic denial, maybe I need to switch things up a bit.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The leader of the Ossiarch warband is kind of what I was hoping the army would be in general in terms of scale and stature. More equal to the size of a Stormcast, as Nagash's answer to them.

Yeah, their rank and file dudes are tiny.

• Options
    Curious as to how the new Vampire book integrates with LoN + the other death stuff.

Obviously they share core units with LoN so I wonder if they'll be able to take Chainrasps + Grimghast Reapers too.

• Options
    My suspicion is post Gravelords we'll see the removal of LoN, Gravelords basically includes all the stuff not already rolled into the other Death factions. We'll likely see a new Nighthaunt tome fairly soon to go along with their new hero, and I would be surprised to see both it and Gravelords functioning like OBR where they can take Nagash in their allegiances.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah Gravelords looks like GW went, “What if we made LoN a proper faction?”

It is the first time we’ve seen them redoing a faction that was made up of Oldhammer stuff. It gives me hope for Cities to get a similar treatment.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Next week all the lumineth stuff goes on preorder

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/21/sunday-preview-the-call-of-the-wind/

Also four themed boxes for bonereapers, ghouls, nurgle daemons and a cities of sigmar.

Interesting bit: the lumineth twins can be fielded by all order factions.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Also four themed boxes for bonereapers, ghouls, nurgle daemons and a cities of sigmar.

Me: "This had better not be that cavalry focused list I've been considering."

Also me: "...shit."

• Options
    Okay, I laughed. It's funny because it's true.

• Options
    I kinda want to try and paint an undead army but like with colours and heraldry like an imperial army of old. Like an undead averland army for example, or middenland.

Bright contrasting colours, big banners, maybe a bunch of feathery heads. Just a bit in tatters and everyone is a skeleton

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I saw a video online somewhere where a guy painted the Sepulchral Guard warband for Underworlds that way. It was armor that had once been super bright and colorful, but had been worn down by centuries of being buried in the dirt. It looked really cool.

• Options
    Ok Next week the Realm Lords 2.0 comes out sigh and I just bought a generic army for my brother o well
    The 4 armies for the next book are odd
    lxznt7kfw0q4.png
    t6oedpynigf0.png
    3r4yg6rd679t.png
    yj418wumd4xi.png

When it comes to the wind fox I really would like to see the kit as it looks like other than the wind it's two different models

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Oh man I sure do happen to need exactly 20 Plague bears for my Nurgle. Shame they've packaged them with the 2 not very good heralds. Still, I'll keep an eye on the price ...

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Asher wrote: »
    Oh man I sure do happen to need exactly 20 Plague bears for my Nurgle. Shame they've packaged them with the 2 not very good heralds. Still, I'll keep an eye on the price ...

Burgle desperately needs an update. They went from top tier at the start of 2nd to absolutely bottom and it sucksss. Papa Nurgle deserves better for his children

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Oohh Flesh Eaters are in the next book? Hopefully some new stuff.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i do need both a leige kavalos and more riders

if it's discounted enough i'll get that box

• Options
    I really should get the bloodsworn hunt for the deepkin as it doesn't hurt for more sharks and another lord

• Options
    The new Vampire lady's skirt is so long she needs to be on a 60mm oval

That owns lol

• Options
    It's an amazing model and a great paint job.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/22/she-has-an-endless-thirst-for-blood-and-for-a-soulblight-vampire-thats-saying-something/
    4bSLQIbLDnn6aNBf.jpg

Also the defining feature of AoS vampires is apparently weird floaty hair

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I think they drew inspiration from Bram Stoker's Dracula, certainly in the hair department.

Dracula.jpg

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    It also looks like maybe she, uhm, should dress a bit warmer , maybe. Sure is a design choice

This discussion has been closed.