Options

Overwatch: Echo Live

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think Torb is low key good as hell. I have a really hard time with his primary fire but I feel like it would be very strong in the hands of a pro.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah a torb with even a little support who knows how to use his E well is pretty scary

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Whuh-oh.

I don't like the sounds of this one bit.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    All OWL games are cancelled for March and April due to Coronavirus: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/11/21175398/overwatch-league-games-canceled-coronavirus-april-march

Not good for them. Do they not have any way to do the matches online?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Games will be played online, yeah.

Edit: I don't know if it's the same schedule, though.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I mean like, is broadcasting in a closed no-audience venue really that high of a risk at this point if they're able to screen their personnel in advance?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    How good will the ping be, that's what I wonder. I also don't see a problem with them just going back to the same studio they used for seasons 1 & 2, unless they got kicked out of there or it's in use.

• Options
    "Ohhh you hate to see rubberbanding like that in the finals, Colin."

• Options
    5fetn1hzox3c.jpg

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I mean like, is broadcasting in a closed no-audience venue really that high of a risk at this point if they're able to screen their personnel in advance?

I imagine they don’t want to make the teams fly around, potentially exposing themselves to the virus. That said, the only thing saying the matches will be online is a press release from Toronto’s organization that has since been edited to NOT say that, so who knows.
    TexiKen wrote: »
    How good will the ping be, that's what I wonder. I also don't see a problem with them just going back to the same studio they used for seasons 1 & 2, unless they got kicked out of there or it's in use.

Blizzard apparently sold it. So says Reddit, anyway.

• Options

A very Activision move.

"All our goods are across the bridge, Commander! What should we do now?"

"Burn it."

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So what is Valdorian(?) and why should I be paying attention to it.

Or is it just one of those shooters that come along every year that gets named the "X" Killer by people who don't like or are burned out on "X"

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So what is Valdorian(?) and why should I be paying attention to it.

Or is it just one of those shooters that come along every year that gets named the "X" Killer by people who don't like or are burned out on "X"

Valorant, and... eh. I admit to never playing COD, but to me, it looks like "COD, with extra bad fantasy particle effects."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFWhffLM-A

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Valorant is Riot's competitive shooter, previously codenamed Project A. It is heavily based on Counterstrike as evidenced by match format (offense planting bomb at one of two sites, defense defusing it preventing plant), weapon purchase system, recoil control, map design, and pacing. It also has Overwatch style abilities akin to smoke grenades, traps, teleportation, flying daggers, sonic arrow style vision, drones a la R6S.

Personally, I don't really care for Counterstrike so there is nothing here that interests me. The only thing that I think looks neat is the electric bow that one character had as an ability but I don't think it's actually a weapon, just a utility so who cares if I can't dome somebody with what will inevitably be an oversized projectile?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Supposedly it's big twist compared to OW is that all the abilities are CC focused instead of offensive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

A very Activision move.

"Burn it."

tbf if their plans moving forward didn't involve regular use of the studio, that's a pretty expensive asset to just leave sitting around empty

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Supposedly it's big twist compared to OW is that all the abilities are CC focused instead of offensive.

Perhaps I'm not seeing the big picture, but that sounds... awful?

• Options

When everything already dies instantly, CC isn't as miserable as when you have tank classes that are expected to be able to survive more than .5 seconds when under fire. Or support classes for that matter because it's 100 -> 0 with no real room in between to recover, or even point to recovering.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

A very Activision move.

"Burn it."

tbf if their plans moving forward didn't involve regular use of the studio, that's a pretty expensive asset to just leave sitting around empty

I... was pretty sure it would read as a joke - it was never intended as an indictment of responsible property finances. :(

• Options
    edited March 2020

Holy shit awesome skins.

All the legendaries are must-haves but that Pharah one omfg. Crazy awesome.

Chance on
  • Options
    It's a completely different game from Overwatch. It's like comparing Counter-Strike to TF2.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    That Pharah skin is amazing and exciting and I have no idea when the last time I played Pharah was.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Seriously just New Best Skins for Pharah and Zarya, imo.

• Options
    Getting it a month early is nice at least. Skins look good too. Didn't have any real hope they'd add anything new and they didn't.

I will be upset if they've finally fixed the DVa Retribution bug though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That's a classy Pharah skin, and finally we get more younger Ana skins, need more plz. Also this is the right way to do it, just drop it live without buildup, and some of those modes for the archives make it worth trying a round or two. Did the PTR stuff go through as well?

• Options
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/archives

The challenge modes sound kind of fun, better than nothing at least.

Patch notes, with PTR/experiment changes now live: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-retail-patch-notes-–-march-12-2020/469664

• Options
    Hm - everything went in, even the new Sombra buff.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    New hero pool bans are...
    Reinhardt, Reaper, Moira, and Ana.

Excuse me, Blizzard, what the fuck is this bullshit. You're banning a third of the support pool, and only one DPS? The fuck is wrong with you? Is this an experiment to see how high you can push DPS queue times? "Play DPS and choose among 14 different characters, or play support and pick from 4!" Glad Archives is up, because I am straight up not touching comp period this week.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    There's 5 supports, but Baptiste is the only main healer. So if you play dive you're running two off heals which can make a dicey ladder comp even dicier.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I actually think that's interesting.

Cause well...outside of Mei and maybe Widow who really cares what DPS are banned?

Tanks and Supports are what makes the team composition.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Yilias wrote: »
    There's 5 supports, but Baptiste is the only main healer. So if you play dive you're running two off heals which can make a dicey ladder comp even dicier.

There's a de-facto third ban based on what the other person chooses.

E:
    Or think of it like: "I picked Zen and I'm being jumped on. I have a whopping THREE possible characters I'm able to switch to."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Banning two from support or tank is very puzzling, I don't see a justification for that. OWL officially limited it to one each.

• Options
    Stop reducing Sombra's spread! You either have to reduce her hack distance so she's right up on people and has to commit to the kill or just hack and boop, increase the time to hack, reduce her damage/magazine, or you increase the spread to make up for the safer hack distance.

I like the character but you can build ult insanely fast already and reducing the spread now makes her even more squishy killer.

• Options

Not really CC, but stuff like smokes and molotovs. Indirectly preventing enemies from doing certain things (like pushing certain angles). Nothing in the gameplay they showed indicated that there any CC abilities as you know them from Overwatch, i.e. directly affecting an opponent's movement.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Seriously just New Best Skins for Pharah and Zarya, imo.

I’m gonna reinstall just to buy those new skins. They look rad.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    DVa glitch is still in Retribution, so that's amusing, but I think the dialogue is glitched. Zero automatic callouts from the characters during it. Made the whole thing super weirdly quiet.

E:
    Oh, lord. As nice as the Pharah skin looks, from the side in the gallery, her spine is... uh... a bit broken.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    DVa glitch is still in Retribution, so that's amusing, but I think the dialogue is glitched. Zero automatic callouts from the characters during it. Made the whole thing super weirdly quiet.

E:
    Oh, lord. As nice as the Pharah skin looks, from the side in the gallery, her spine is... uh... a bit broken.

Yeah seems to be a thing when they try to remove a characters armor. Particularly for the ladies. Remember Mei's Lunar New Year skins?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Played another couple on Expert. Looks like they tweaked the spawn of Elites in weird ways. An Assassin spawned literally as soon as the stage started... and then proceeded to glitch the fuck up and phase into a pillar where it freaked out, constantly screaming, yet could barely be shot. Nice that they continue to get glitchier each iteration of Archives. The spaghetti code from two years ago is self-destructing at an accelerated rate.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Man, those skins actually look amazing across the board and aren't just milquetoast retextures. That Pharaoh one reminds me heavily of that one deviantArt fanart of Pharaoh in bombers and aviators which is fucking badass
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Stop reducing Sombra's spread! You either have to reduce her hack distance so she's right up on people and has to commit to the kill or just hack and boop, increase the time to hack, reduce her damage/magazine, or you increase the spread to make up for the safer hack distance.

I like the character but you can see try ult insanely fast already and reducing the spread now makes her even more squishy killer.

Her hack engagement range is already pretty moderate and shooting past that point would probably still be less effective compared to other hitscans at that distance

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Apparently, I enjoy Sigma.