Options

Overwatch: Echo Live

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Ana’s new Sniper skin has the best gun skin outside of McCrees American gun, it’s so nice.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i was thinking the same thing. the actual skin is kinda whatever for me, but that rifle is suhweet

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    so i get my new pc try playing overwatch. first it turns out half the population fo the uk are being routed through the us and back to eu servers, thus i get 200ms on eu servers and 110 on na

cool cool cool

pepelaugh lads

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    so i get my new pc try playing overwatch. first it turns out half the population fo the uk are being routed through the us and back to eu servers, thus i get 200ms on eu servers and 110 on na

cool cool cool

pepelaugh lads

wtf how does it make any sense at all to do this

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

cool cool cool

pepelaugh lads

wtf how does it make any sense at all to do this

some fuck up between uk isps and their servers apparently

just one of those weird misconfigurations that emerges until some sleepy server tech is rooted out of bed and forced to restart some shit

fixed now

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    oh thank goodness it's not a long-term thing, that sounds absolutely miserable

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I tried the new "they explode as lava" mode and the glass cannon mode and have yet to get a group that can complete the mission. womp womp. I liked glass cannon mode a lot though? I think a shorter ttk for pve stuff works a little better for me. I continue to hope that OW2 PvE content is more compelling than the pve we've seen from OW so far though.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Presumably these modifiers are a hint of the sort of thing they'll have available for the replayability mode that does random maps and enemies. Maybe team composition comes into it where you have to pick a team based on the modifiers you're given.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    ktoko0c7lzwb.jpg

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Man that lava pool mode is brutal. The raw difficulty of the enemies seems overtuned a bit considering the handicap. The glass cannon mode is quite fun, though certainly much better for some heroes than others. We went pretty defensive with Mei, Orisa, Baptiste and Lucio and it worked well.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've tried Glass Cannon probably 7-8 times and there's always at least one person who thinks it's a good idea to go off on their own. They inevitably go down in a difficult to rez spot and we lose. I've made it to the last section once.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I've tried both once.

Lava Mode, our team was Baptiste, Junkrat, Sigma, and Symmetra. The mind fucking boggles why anybody would think Junkrat, Sigma, and Symmetra would be good choices. Two short range plus one who is constantly bouncing enemies all over. Maybe if you were amazing with your mines, you could always be throwing enemies away, but it only takes one slicer into your own team and oops, there goes everybody.

Glass cannon was Baptiste, Reinhardt, Soldier, and Ashe. Might've potentially had a chance with this... except for the Soldier and Ashe constantly accidentally killing themselves with their own shit.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I've tried both once.

Lava Mode, our team was Baptiste, Junkrat, Sigma, and Symmetra. The mind fucking boggles why anybody would think Junkrat, Sigma, and Symmetra would be good choices. Two short range plus one who is constantly bouncing enemies all over. Maybe if you were amazing with your mines, you could always be throwing enemies away, but it only takes one slicer into your own team and oops, there goes everybody.

Glass cannon was Baptiste, Reinhardt, Soldier, and Ashe. Might've potentially had a chance with this... except for the Soldier and Ashe constantly accidentally killing themselves with their own shit.

Those aren't bad picks at all! Sym's orbs do huge damage and splash, her ult is a huge help vs bastions, and her turrets can lock down a passage. Bap has immortality field and amp and can contribute damage from long distance. Sigma can kill basic baddies with 2 clicks and his splash damage clears groups quickly and bots keep shooting when he absorbs, he's very flexible and one of the best pve tanks. Junkrat can easily bounce back enemies and enemies don't try to dodge his pills.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Ehhh. Sigma's a worse pick than either Rein or Orisa, and Junk/Sym are pretty low on the list of what dps I'd want. You could do worse but you could also do a lot better. Bap is good though as far as healers go.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I mean sure you could go bastion orisa baptiste or something boring, the same ez win formula we've been doing for like 2 years, but that gets a bit dull
    And sigma's legit very good in uprising. And definitely better than rein in lava mode.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Something I didn't think about until watching Harbleu's YT...Hog is actually a pretty decent pick with Reaper and Ana out rn.

• Options
    The Baptiste in both cases was me.

Sym can't lock down shit. Her turrets die instantly as soon as enemies look at them, especially with lava spawning underneath them. They're also kind of crap against hordes. Her RMB is also way worse than her LMB since it's easy to keep that at full charge, but she's also squishy as shit and her tiny hitbox doesn't matter when enemies auto hit you or not.

Sigma is probably good in regular Uprising, but in lava? A short range guy whose basic attack is constantly bouncing the swarms of enemies around? Really not helpful.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yeah, for Lava mode I think my only win was with Sigma. He

Sym can't lock down shit. Her turrets die instantly as soon as enemies look at them, especially with lava spawning underneath them. They're also kind of crap against hordes. Her RMB is also way worse than her LMB since it's easy to keep that at full charge, but she's also squishy as shit and her tiny hitbox doesn't matter when enemies auto hit you or not.

Sigma is probably good in regular Uprising, but in lava? A short range guy whose basic attack is constantly bouncing the swarms of enemies around? Really not helpful.

So I agree on Sym, it feels like they've cranked the targeting priority of the AI for turrents a whole lot. She's super frail and while she can have great damage she is just missing too much of her kit to be a good choice.

Gotta disagree on Sigma though. I think my only Lava win was on him. The bouncing just isn't as huge a deal as you make it out to be and his ability to eat up a bastion for the length of time it takes your team to kill it is super strong. His engagement range isn't really much shorter than the length folks tend to post up from the objective anyways.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah I played a bunch of Sym last year for shits and giggs and she's super fun to play in Uprising, but even then her turrets would disappear real fucking quick - much quicker than her cooldowns were coming back.

• Options

I dunno where you're getting "short range" for Sigma, he's mid range. The furthest range of any tank aside from Orisa.

• Options
    Yeah I played a bunch of Sym last year for shits and giggs and she's super fun to play in Uprising, but even then her turrets would disappear real fucking quick - much quicker than her cooldowns were coming back.

In OW2 each character has PvE adjustments for balance in addition to talent choices, so they can make everybody work one way or another. Doomfist is probably the worst PvE character in the game for example and will need huge buffs. Sym might be fine if her turrets could just be ignored by PvE enemies. Her alt fire sustained DPS is pretty good.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    The bans this week are horrible. They removed the two biggest healers (Moira and Ana) and gave people no time to adjust.

So the tanks and DPS are getting blown up because they're not getting the throughput they're used to, resulting in a horrible experience for supports because they're blamed for not healing as much as before, which is literally impossible given the character choices.

They can't ban two supports given the lack of options in the role. It should have been obvious but they fucked up in a totally preventable way.

Also, it's not my imagination that things are super toxic against supports at the moment. I have had 3 reports result in action in a single day. Blizz screwed the pooch.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Our Tracer was so shamed of her #4 rankings, that she quit.

R1h86oy.jpg

Still completed it, but had to focus on healing more.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    The bans this week are horrible. They removed the two biggest healers (Moira and Ana) and gave people no time to adjust.

So the tanks and DPS are getting blown up because they're not getting the throughput they're used to, resulting in a horrible experience for supports because they're blamed for not healing as much as before, which is literally impossible given the character choices.

They can't ban two supports given the lack of options in the role. It should have been obvious but they fucked up in a totally preventable way.

Also, it's not my imagination that things are super toxic against supports at the moment. I have had 3 reports result in action in a single day. Blizz screwed the pooch.

Yeah I matched into a really pleasant group playing Archives and at one point the group leader thought queueing into Comp was a good idea.
    Played a game as Tank because the group bracket didn't allow me to play literally anything else that I played more than barely an hour of (Rein was locked out so the only other tank I could literally play with any knowledge was Winston), and the group promptly broke up at the end without so much as a word just from how terrible a shitshow the whole thing was.

The whole group queue experience was already a shitshow, the ban system has basically solidified my desire never to touch Comp ever again

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think the Rein ban is a part of the problem too, a lot of people are trying to play poke at the choke shield wars with Zarya+Winston as the tanks and there just isn't enough sustained healing for that. Brig and Lucio do sustained aoe healing in the 20-30 hps range. Zen does 30 and Mercy does 50 without Valk single target. Even Bap does sustained of ~65 aoe once you factor cooldowns and reload. By comparison, Ana dumps almost 85 hps into tanks without even factoring nade and Moira's yellow ball alone is 300 on a 10s cooldown, as much output as a whole offhealer.

It would probably be manageable if people were willing to play Orisa+Sig+Mei comps but people are deathly allergic to anchor tanks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    No one tank should be so critical that the game falls apart without them. If they are they need nerfs (Rein).

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I'm sorry, I know it wasn't the core of the issue but I find the idea that Rein would ever be considered in need of a nerf intensely funny

But then again, the game was supposed to be balanced around every character filling a role within a certain context, so I'm not surprised the quality of the balance gets worse when that certain role is excised and/or no longer fulfilled as effectively by substitutes

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    He isn't. All 4 shield tanks are viable.

People are just really stupid about other peoples picks.

EDIT: And what I really don't get is complaining about lack of Rein, when neither side gets one.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    There are definitely viable non Rein comps. You can still play double shield with Sigma and Orisa, you can still go fishing with Orisa and Hog, and dive is actually really good with Moira and Reaper banned. It's just that in a ladder environment when communication and coordination are usually lacking and you don't have a ton of trust in your teammates capabilities and willingness to follow through people fall back on passivity and avoid playing characters that are reliant on their teammates to be effective (like Orisa). So people just default to waiting at the choke for one team or the other to get a pick before they do anything.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    yeah I don't think Rein being out this week is as big a deal in terms of comp options as some people seem to think, it's just that a lot of people consider Rein the most fun shield tank so his absence is felt harder for that.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I cannot get past the final push of Uprising in Glass Cannon with any team comp, those bastions are just as shitty as the actual hero and seem to have aimbot firing when they go into tank mode.

• Options
    yeah I don't think Rein being out this week is as big a deal in terms of comp options as some people seem to think, it's just that a lot of people consider Rein the most fun shield tank so his absence is felt harder for that.

Yeah. I hate playing Orisa, and am pretty lukewarm on Sigma. I think that there is an argument that having a big mobile shield dude from day one has made a lot of maps based around always having that as an option, especially the ones with particularly nasty choke points (looking at you, every two CP), but it's definitely exacerbated by the healing being obliterated this week. If there's a problem with Rein being out, I think it's that they haven't done a good job providing an actual honest to god sidegrade for him in his niche of responsive, reactive bulky tank.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Zek wrote: »
    No one tank should be so critical that the game falls apart without them. If they are they need nerfs (Rein).

He isn't...folks brains just haven't wrapped around not playing with him.

Rein in general enables a very passive non-committal style that most people default to because a lot of people hate playing in active and committal ways.

He can also be played aggressively and is generally better when played that way in smart fashion but his versatility leans to turtles too.

He's an enabler not a problem in himself.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I still want to see them make dual "offtanks" viable. I don't know what is required to do that, but it would greatly increase team comp diversity.

Zek on
  • Options
    Glass Cannon mode cleared pretty easily with Orisa, Moira, DVa, Bastion on my third try.

Lava mode cleared pretty easily the first time I managed to get a team I didn't think was doomed from the start, but I will say that the try with a Zen as sole healer went much better than I expected it would. That try was Orisa, Bastion, Zen, Torb, and failed at the very end, but even then only because the Zen blew his ult right before the last part for no reason (and he apologized for it, so PROBABLY wasn't trolling). Eventual clear was Orisa, Mercy, Pharah, Torb, which I expected to be doomed from the other Pharahs I've seen as they tend to go flying around and invariably end up out of position and dead, leading to a garbage cascade, but this one actually stuck close, and her rockets made the final part super easy. Almost failed on the payload part though. Made it through at about 8% left.

Special prize for stupidest fuckers goes to the duo who insta-locked Genji and Doom. Didn't even stick around to see that one go up in smoke.

Retribution ones seem a lot less interesting (Headshots only, and must be close-range to kill). I suspect a DVa/Reaper pairing will trivialize both though, especially since Retribution (and Storm) are way easier to begin with.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Yeah. Bastion, Shield, healer + something seems to be the most common successful strategies.
    My only complaint about the mode is that its bit too long. It is about twice the length of other modes.

Today is good day. I was planning on doing competitive, but noticed the 'Mystery heroes deathmatch' card.
    Where did 6 hours go?

Personal best of the day: 15 kill streak on MH DM with Sombra. I just kept kill stealing and warping away never doing a fair fights. :biggrin:
    Still came 2nd. Sneaking is slow business.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    I was pretty skeptical of Genji on Uprising but Dragonblade does a shiiiitload of damage against Bastions and Detonators

• Options
    i assume they just shoot into deflect so u can kill bastions in both tank and turret form on cooldown

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Finally beat Glass Cannon with D.Va (me), Rein, Sym, and Bap. It went pretty well and the only time I was downed was when I happened to get pulled in front of the Rein by one of the Orisas at the end just as I tried to bomb them.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Winston is lowkey broken in Glass Cannon right up until the Bastion spam at the end, especially if you have a Mercy boosting him, if anybody's looking for an easy win. So long as you have some genuine range for that last bit like an Orisa or Pharah, Winston clears out the entire field in like half a second of just looking at things and sweeping his gun back and forth.

Torb is also ridiculously strong since for some reason, unlike every other deloyable in the mode, his turret gets to have full HP. It has more HP than Orisa's shield does. You can even use it like a little offensive barrier.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif