As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So tigrex free meal armor set bonus is ridiculous and might be bugged. Was watching Tuna stream and it was procing like all the time

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    The monster riding is perfect for in the Ancient Forest.

No worries about getting lost when the Jagras does the navigating for you.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Master Rank armor is quite crazy

I have a mixed set of the Jagras and Beotodus armor and in total with charms and decos I have 5 earplugs, 5 attack, 2 crit, 2 tenderizer, 1 critical boost, 1 non elemental, 1 airborn and some other skills

Also my armor increased almost 300 points when I equipped this instead of my dragoon set, and my attack went up almost 200 points with a MR glaive over a true gae bolg

For IG users- make the MR bone glaive, or any glaive that has "Spirit and Power" kinsect boost, as that makes it so that regardless of which ammo you use to power up your kinsect, you get both power up buffs (increased kinsect damage, increased kinsect stamina, more frequent dust, triple-up duration increase)

• Options
    And I just soloed a Tempered version of the guy with the horns

That was a bit rough, especially since dodogama and uraagan wouldn't leave me alone

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    This may have already been covered, but what's the deal with this Guardian Armor set. Is it actually available or it's just when the expansion comes out? None of the news blurbs that mentioned it really specified but I assume it's available on the actual expansion release?

PC player here, btw.

vamen on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    This may have already been covered, but what's the deal with this Guardian Armor set. Is it actually available or it's just when the expansion comes out? None of the news blurbs that mentioned it really specified but I assume it's available on the actual expansion release?

PC player here, btw.

For PC, it won't come out until the Iceborne patch lands. So, probably not until a day or two before the expansion comes out.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I figured as much but wanted to check. Thanks =).

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I just wanted to say fuck all you guys who are playing iceborne while us PC folks are stuck waitzing. That is of course a fuck you with a much love

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    I just wanted to say fuck all you guys who are playing iceborne while us PC folks are stuck waitzing. That is of course a fuck you with a much love

If it's any consolation, my console hunter is much less well equipped than my PC hunter. Apparently, the PS4 version of MHW is bugged to where you can't get the HR Kirin quest (non-tempered). Which, I mean, I guess isn't a horrific loss...but it does mean that my hunter won't ever get her cheerleader-esque halter top or her blue crab fork.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

If it's any consolation, my console hunter is much less well equipped than my PC hunter. Apparently, the PS4 version of MHW is bugged to where you can't get the HR Kirin quest (non-tempered). Which, I mean, I guess isn't a horrific loss...but it does mean that my hunter won't ever get her cheerleader-esque halter top or her blue crab fork.

Is this something to do with Iceborne? If you're that up for it, I can host the quest for you or something.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Is this something to do with Iceborne? If you're that up for it, I can host the quest for you or something.

It's a bug that's been around for the past several months. Apparently, to unlock the quest, you need to hit research level 3...but the research level is bugged and won't progress beyond LR Kirin levels.

I've heard running it from somebody else's session fixes it, so that would be greatly appreciated! Kirin glaive is kinda my go-to vs Kushala and Nergigante

• Options
    BTW, @Naphtali thanks for the Nergi hunt! Just thought I'd post how that fight ended up looking on my end:
    duck8jdyhqjk.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i wish i could squad up with y'all in iceborne but i'm literally working all weekend

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I have not felt good today. I hope to play tomorrow.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Wow ever since they teased Fulgur Anjanath I was sure I'd love the fight. That was really intense, really feeling the G-Rank vibe. Loved every second of it.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Because I can’t control myself, I watched intros for all the Iceborne monsters. Man, do they ever like showing how the new monster can beat up an old monster in their cinematics.

Minor spoilers for those who are really trying to avoid content.
    I was not expecting Fungus Vaal Hazak or nuclear b-52 to show up as variants, but I’m looking forward to dying constantly to those guys.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    15 hours in, and i'm in high rank! here's the monhun i loved and missed so much.

i'm torn between rushing through HR to get to iceborne and taking some time to have the experience, do some silly quests.
    probably gonna do something in between.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Been responding to SOS's while waiting for friends to play and I'm glad the old rule still holds true. Hope your entire lobby is Japanese, because Western players are SO BAD.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is there like, a reason why Iceborne (and MHW for that matter) releases for PC later? Is it a porting issue or something, or is it just staggered release bullshit to get people to buy it twice? I'm genuinely curious.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Is there like, a reason why Iceborne (and MHW for that matter) releases for PC later? Is it a porting issue or something, or is it just staggered release bullshit to get people to buy it twice? I'm genuinely curious.

Porting issue.

They do not have a long standing PC development arm and it seems to be taking them a bit.

They focus on console and then do the PC.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Hmmm

Am I crazy or do MR monsters have just massive health pools?

I have full ranks of attack up, elementless jewel, using an MR weapon, lots of crit and crit boost and it feels like I should be killing these guys faster

• Options
    Yeah, they're big sponges.

The break limits on parts is super high too. Some of these tails take half the fight to cut.

• Options
    It's kind of off-putting, tbh

I zoned into an SOS with Weakener active, and four people, FOUR, spent ten minutes beating up Kulu-ya-ku.

KULU. He was permanently stunlocked, paralyzed, knocked down, wounded, staggered, the works the entire time and it still took us ten minutes to down him

I'm exaggerating a bit, but it was frustrating

• Options
    I kinda want spongier enemies.

MHW went so hard the other way.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So head up it’s worth helping out low/high rank SOS as a master rank hunter if your looking for
    Achievements

Also steering monsters into all sorts of things is far to much fun.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    My best steering so far was sending Banbaro and Beotodus flying into each other, heads smacking together like a couple of hollow coconuts.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    i think we're mostly just used stomping high rank mons with optimized sets (especially now that nonele, max might, and wex got nerfed)

now we got bigger health pools and shitty sets

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I've been laying through the first few MR quests solo and haven't found the HP scaling too egregious, probably 10-15 minute kill times on most monsters just running with the Master Rank Kulu armour and the Luna/Xeno Longsword, so nothing particularly optimised.

The new LS sheathing moves are neat, though I now have more button combos than my brain can keep track with, but if you get in the grove you can really just keep on wailing on a monster indefinitely.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Man my first Glavenus fight was a real clencher. I got knocked down to a few pixels of health multiple times on my last cart. Of course it didn't help that I forgot to take off my Entomologist gear before the fight. Whoops!

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    I'm finding like 10-15 minutes for MR versions of existing monsters. 20-30 minutes for new variants or monster types.
    This feels in line with what I remember about my HR times while going through campaign.
    Long MR times probably due to crappy gear.

The flashpod resistances on MR monsters make fliers a bit painful.

For LS, sheath move after helmbreaker or roundslash looks and feels so cool. I've only been using triangle afterward.

• Options
    Going from GU's old, un-nerfed Dash Juice back to World's version on Dual Blades is rough.

Going to take some re-adjusting.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    For LS, sheath move after helmbreaker or roundslash looks and feels so cool. I've only been using triangle afterward.

Using the Iai sheath to cancel out the automatic sheathing from the roundslash is so huge, the Iai roundslash seems best used when you don't have opportunity to hit the full helmbreaker, but with the basic triangle hit out of the Iai sheath to keep your meter recharging you can basically keep hitting spirit combos indefinitely, coupled with the foresight slash to counter monster attacks mid-combo I feel it's going to be pretty powerful once I get to grips with it.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I hate new pukei pukei. The move where he blasts water in an expanding circle is straight garbage.

Hunting Horn is even more fun now with the impact note.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    The care they put into the background animations and world building is ah uge part of Monhun's charm.

I'd complain about sanitary issues from catfur, but fuckit, we eat food right after we've had a flaming sword tail shoved throuhg our torso. We're probably immune to food poisoning.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I guess I just never noticed it before as the old canteen had them grilling and cutting and more or less using either utensils to move everything, or they're all wearing oven mitts. Then Grandma Chef is rubbing the meat with her bare furry hands and it suddenly hits me that... yeah, feline chefs cannot be hygienic.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    OMG! I just noticed something...

Our palicos now dance with us whenever we use a dancing gesture!

EDIT - and the popstar dance...when you do the little glowy heart part, the palico shoots out a glowy paw! GOTY....I don't care that the game came out last year, this is GOTY material!

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Hey so that sleepy puffer mouse can fuck right off.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    the first thing i did after poison kadachi was make a poison resist charm, lol

turns out those skills get a lot better when you put in monsters that actually do status

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the first thing i did after poison kadachi was make a poison resist charm, lol

turns out those skills get a lot better when you put in monsters that actually do status

I did the same exact thing.

And then the second that reports came in of a paolumu causing "drowsiness" came in, I didn't even wait and just slotted in 3 sleep decos.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."