Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A [Phalla] draws near! Day 8▶Boing!

38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid againwait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
edited October 16 in Critical Failures

qSD5RCH.png
A Phalla Draws Near! Command?

Produced and directed by 38thDoe

▶Fight
Spell
Item
Run

What’s all this now?

This is a regular game for 6 or more people. Or maybe it is an irregular game for 30+
I’m not really sure where the signups will come in on this.

Or maybe This game is crowd funded.
The more signups we get the more PuncherBeginner rewards you’ll unlock!

Phalla is the Penny-Arcade Forum Version of the Party Game Mafia. General rules of Phalla can be found here. New players are welcome as are old of course.

Specific rules can be found below:

Standard Phalla Rules/Mechanics:

You must vote each day. Vote in bold red for whomever you think is likely to be a threat to you. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night. Tie votes will kill both people involved and the person causing the tie. Be careful.

In addition, everyone should make at least two posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement.

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or take screenshots of them. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever.

Ask for clarifications in Bold DarkOrange. You can always PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread. If you have questions about your role you should probably use the PM method to avoid giving away info to the other players. They are *already* suspicious of you.

Make sure you invite me to any PMs or proboards you might form.

Order of actions: Vote>Stop Spell>Sleep>Hurt>Guard>Kill>Explore>!!!>???>Seer>Other Spells>???

The Day will Close at 3PM Eastern Time. Votes and orders cast at 2:59PM Eastern and earlier will count, those at 3:00PM Eastern and after will not count.

Additionally the game will pause for the weekends in that there will be no day closes on Saturday and Sunday.

Signup in bold limegreen

Specific Rules/Mechanics:

Exploration

Each night Erdrick's descendant may travel to one of the many exciting locations and search for items that will help him prove his heritage. Some areas will require certain spells of items to successfully explore. There is a risk of injury or even death by going to these locations. Some are more dangerous than others. Still no true heir to Erdrick would pass up this opportunity to prove their courage. There are a limited amount of items in each location, however the chance of injury will decrease as the group size increases. You may explore the following locations:

North Cave
Swamp Cave
Mountain Cave
The Grave
Rimildar
Hauksness
Charlock Castle

Villager Role:
You are...

Pretender

Yup, you aren’t an heir to some ancient hero. You are just another unemployed pretender hoping to fake it until you make it.

Ability:
Explore - You may travel to and explore an area. The trip will not be easy. You will be risking injury or even death to have the chance to obtain an item. The areas are: North Cave, Charlock Castle, Rimildar, Swamp Cave, Mountain Cave, The Grave, Hauksness. Some areas will require certain spells or items to successfully explore.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to the village.

steam_sig.png
38thDoe on
H3Knuckles

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 16
    Player List:
    1. discrider - Pretender
    2. JPants - Wizard
    3. kime - Pretender
    4. Phoenix-D - Pretender
    5. Virgil_Leads_You Egos - Princess Gwaelin
    6. Bluecyan - Pretender
    7. MrPaku - Dragon Lord
    8. Auralynx - Pretender
    9. AustinP0027 - Pretender
    10. Bedlam - Demon Knight
    11. premium - Pretender
    12. Locus - Pretender
    13. MamaWolf - Pretender
    14. El Skid - Pretender
    15. Romantic Undead - Pretender
    16. Assuran - Pretender
    17. ObiFett - Pretender
    18. Lucedes - Pretender
    19. Kilnaga - King Lorik XVI
    20. H3Knuckles - Pretender
    21. LostNinja - Pretender
    22. Gizzy - Pretender
    23. Zombie Hero - Pretender
    24. Green - Red Dragon
    25. Sir Fabulous - Pretender
    26. Cythraul - Pretender

Reserves:
    1. Wildcat
    2. Egos
    3. ...

Narration Links:
    Opening Narration
    Day One
    Day Two
    Day Three
    Day Four
    Day Five
    Day Six
    Day Seven

38thDoe on

steam_sig.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    > Run

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Fry
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Sign me up!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Noon vote close? That gives me all lunch to agonize while I wait for narration! Woooooooo!

PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Estimated start date? That vote close is outright prohibitive before Friday for me. Ok after.

Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm planning for Day 1 ending next Monday. Will see how things go of course.

steam_sig.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    > Run[/quote]

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular

VayBJ4e.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Oh great. It's Master BelchRegistered User regular
    ->Spell
    -->Zoom

RRR Thunk!!!

"The Spell has failed"

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    mrpaku has joined the party

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Okay, let's do this thing.

OSvv7zs.png

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    bold limegreen

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    hi

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !Reserve up, please?

• LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I don't know much about the theme, but I would love to try and play this time around. 3pm closing works for me, since I work mainly nights this next couple of weeks. My brother gets married the Saturday after the start date, but I will try my best to be involved as much as I can. So, to make a short story long I'm ready to fight

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    If I don't know anything about Dragon Quest, am I going to be super lost if I try to play?

3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
    JPants
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    If I don't know anything about Dragon Quest, am I going to be super lost if I try to play?

Knowing nothing about this Phalla, I'd say not. Dragon Quest is not a particularly complex or deep series. It is very good at what it does, which is take that traditional JRPG game formula and refine it to perfection.

PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    H3Knuckles
  • LocusLocus Trust Me AlbanyRegistered User regular
    I would also say, based on 38thDoe's other recent games, that knowledge of Dragon Quest might be helpful, but is probably not necessary.

H3Knuckles
    I mean if its the first one the story is literally:

You are a descendant of this ancient hero who defeated a great evil a long ass time ago so you need to find all his magic shit and defeat the Dragonlord and marry the princess.

If its any of the other ones then IDK. But the art is all done by Akira Torimaya so half the dudes always look like trunks or goku. The monster designs look cool tho.

FryH3Knuckles
    kime wrote: »
    Green wrote: »

Knowing nothing about this Phalla, I'd say not. Dragon Quest is not a particularly complex or deep series. It is very good at what it does, which is take that traditional JRPG game formula and refine it to perfection.

It pretty well blazed a trail other, lesser JRPGs follow, but with varying amounts of specious sophistication about German philosophy or religion and teen angst decoratively piled on.

OSvv7zs.png

H3Knuckles
    @Green @JPants I think you'll be okay. As said DQ/DW1 is not a complex game. Sometimes thinking too deeply about what should or shouldn't be in a game can lead to ruin.

steam_sig.png
    JPantsH3Knuckles
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    It's been a while, but sure!

>Spell

S-P-E-L-L

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    kimeBluecyan
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Thanks for the ping!

You know what, close time is not ideal, but I think I can work with it. !I'd like to play puff-puff, please

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    kimeAuralynxSir Fabulous
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @Green @JPants I think you'll be okay. As said DQ/DW1 is not a complex game. Sometimes thinking too deeply about what should or shouldn't be in a game can lead to ruin.

I resemble that comment!

kimeAustinP0027H3KnucklesWildcat
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm always forgotten on these lists

discriderMoridin889LostNinja
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    My 6 year old draws better than me, just to set expectations

Assuran wrote: »
    I'm always forgotten on these lists

I apologize. Incidentally the reason for people missing is good attendance in the past.

Also I added you to the list!

steam_sig.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'd love to, but I'll be in California for a TTRPG convention starting next Wednesday. I would hate to use a slot that could be used by a more active person. Hopefully, though, I can get in on the next one!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Also, you can take Kaplar out of the list since he is uh... No longer with us :(

Also, you can take Kaplar out of the list since he is uh... No longer with us :(

What?

ObiFett wrote: »

What?
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/229330/a-thread-about-our-good-friend-kaplar

Well fuck. I'm crying at work now.

kimeLucedesLostNinjaGizzy
    Sorry to bring things down. Wasn't my intention

Sorry to bring things down. Wasn't my intention

Dont apologize at all. You did nothing wrong.

38thDoeJPantsmrpakuAuralynxBurnagekimeSir FabulousLostNinjaGreenH3KnucklespremiumMrBlarneyLucedesAustinP0027GizzyCythraul
  • LucedesLucedes i'm not real, and i deny Registered User regular

i don't know what else to say

• FryFry Registered User regular
    !I'd like to play puff-puff, please

I've always thought it weird that the DW/DQ series included clubs where you could go to have sex acts performed on your character.

• BluecyanBluecyan Oh great. It's Master BelchRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    !I'd like to play puff-puff, please

I've always thought it weird that the DW/DQ series included clubs where you could go to have sex acts performed on your character.

What is so salacious about having a couple of slimes give your cranium a nice massage? Now if you'll excuse me I am off to the local pub to order some... milk.

H3Knuckles