As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Brawl pack today:
    tuaee16n00dq.jpg
    Still no Harrison.

bruh

who needs harrison when you have FRIIEEEENNNDSSSS

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Still not happy about Blizzard putting me ~40 Classic packs further away from Classic completion by adding two subpar legendaries.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Brawl pack today:
    tuaee16n00dq.jpg
    Still no Harrison.

Harrison is right there. Brightening gives him to you so you don’t have to put him in your deck.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Still not happy about Blizzard putting me ~40 Classic packs further away from Classic completion by adding two subpar legendaries.

I've been playing since beta. The only OG classic legendaries I lack are The Beast (which I opened and disenchanted a few times before the no dupe legendary change) and Harrison.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Apparently N'zoth rogue does not have a good win rate so I wonder if you just got a lot of lucky matchups or what.

The version I see on HSReplay has less draw and plays Sylvanas, maybe that's the problem? Cause I'm definitely experiencing a way higher winrate, on both accounts I'm playing. Only deck that's giving me problems is Murlocs if I don't draw removal in time.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Last week's VS had it as unfavored against literally everything except fatigue control (CWar and Wall Priest). There'll be a new report in 3-4 hours and we can see if there's any list refinement.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Last week's VS had it as unfavored against literally everything except fatigue control (CWar and Wall Priest). There'll be a new report in 3-4 hours and we can see if there's any list refinement.

Very curious how it fairs this week, cause the 'unfavorable to everything' is certainly not my experience at all!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I think the other question is, what ranks are we talking about here

Because the meta is super different depending on where you're at

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah, true that. I'm also at the end of the month with the better players ahead of me ofcourse.

I went from 15 to (now) 4 in a week, playing a few games each day.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    VS #146 is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-146/

Primary news is that Shaman growth has stopped and is holding at 30-35%.

Here's collated winrates from their matchup chart for Deathrattle Rogue across the skill brackets.

SaqRN6R.png

The jump to an even matchup against Quest Shaman at legend is interesting. The only mention of it in the report is the single sentence "Deathrattle Rogue is in decline, since as we’ve said last week, it’s a pretty bad deck." They don't have a posted list for the archetype and didn't have one last week or the week before either.

Yilias on
  • Options
    It's very unclear what deck they've been referring to for the last two weeks as Deathrattle Rogue, since HSReplay also has a Deathrattle rogue with Mechanical Whelps and Necrium vials and such, compared to the N'Zoth rogue we've been discussing here that's all about draw and taunt walls. They're clearly somewhat different decks with different win conditions, but maybe their matchup spreads are similar anyway?

• Options
    Oh good, so Quest Shaman has settled down as "only played more than any other entire class." It's such a stupidly effective deck with no real weaknesses. It's got removal, healing, value generation, burst finish potential. Even its worst matchups like Aggro Warrior and Combo Priest it still stands a reasonable chance of winning. And perhaps its biggest sin of all is keeping Shudderwock relevant.

And then there's Aggro Shaman right alongside it also being nuts.

• Options
    It's very unclear what deck they've been referring to for the last two weeks as Deathrattle Rogue, since HSReplay also has a Deathrattle rogue with Mechanical Whelps and Necrium vials and such, compared to the N'Zoth rogue we've been discussing here that's all about draw and taunt walls. They're clearly somewhat different decks with different win conditions, but maybe their matchup spreads are similar anyway?

Yeah, worth checking out which one they mean. Cause I remember another player achieving dad legend with the same build in the previous thread.

We;;, as long as I don't go on a losing streak I'll keep pummeling / using my luck online!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    For sure, you can still get good results with bad decks. You just need to either play better than the average pilot and/or get luckier than them.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Yeah, worth checking out which one they mean. Cause I remember another player achieving dad legend with the same build in the previous thread.

We;;, as long as I don't go on a losing streak I'll keep pummeling / using my luck online!

I was the one who did that. It's J Alex's deck though he has altered it a little from the build that I am using. He has Sylvanas whereas the old build did not.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I was the one who did that. It's J Alex's deck though he has altered it a little from the build that I am using. He has Sylvanas whereas the old build did not.

I think adding Sylvanas makes the deck worse though.

Just lost another match, though! This Shaman lucked out by getting a unseen saboteur from an blazing evocation gotten from an lackey. He hits my sap, and next turn my scheme and my shadowstep thx to quest. Wow. Would have won otherwise as well as I still almost got him, darn it.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Need paladin wins so I break out the ol' Murloc Paladin. Turn 1 draw Tip the Scales, turn 2 draw Tip the Scales, already down to topdecking by turn 4 as I get mowed down before I can even play one. Ahh yes, this deck was the mighty scourge that people were demanding be nerfed a couple months ago.

• Options
    EIQ9bZlW4AEAAjh.jpg

lmfao get outplayed you fucking nerd

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Anyone have a favorite deck to directly counter the latest shaman craze?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    wonderpug wrote: »

That Rogue deck I posted is good versus Quest Shaman, but poorer against Murloc Shaman.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    That's part of the problem right now. There seems to be no deck that is good against both. It appears Holy Wrath Paladin and Aggro Warrior at least have a fair shake against both, but still most of your games are going to come down to coin flips.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    wonderpug wrote: »

Shaman.

Edit: I'm not even joking, 100% serious. Shaman has super good matchups vs fucking everything, and if you can navigate the mirror (or, at least, tolerate the insane fucking bullshit RNG Evolves.....) then you're set. Shaman Mirrors literally comes down to "who gets the better Evolve off". I lost a game on Turn 3 due to Desert Hare+Mogu+Coin+Evolve. It was horseshit. But that just happens. Win vs everything else so that's the tradeoff.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    J Allen Brack makes a very halfassed apology at the start of the opening ceremony ending with "I'm sorry and I take accountability" and everyone just cheers, yuck

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That was almost worse than not saying anything at all. Now a bunch of status quo warrior jagoffs are gonna point to that anytime someone brings it up and go HE APOLOGIZE YOU NO GET BE MAD ANYMORE

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    He should've ended the speech with "Our Thoughts and Prayers are with everyone we hurt."

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    "I accept accountability" OK so there will be some consequences? Any amount of repurcussion?

No?

Literally you just had to swallow your pride enough to say it was your fault and then it's over?

OK. I don't think that's really what accountability means, but sure :?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    so, this song is pretty good.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    CLASS C'THUNS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So like this is gonna be another Broken Or Worthless thing, right?

• Options
    LMAO HEARTHSTONE GOT AUTO CHESS INSTEAD OF HEROES OF THE STORM

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fucking' auto chess for Hearthstone? What? How does that even work?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    But why though

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

Heroes of the Storm is buried behind the shed.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    "A tavern of Warmth?" Hearthstone is a salt mine.

All my decks are named Fuck You.

Because its true. *points finger at you*

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Heroes of the Storm is buried behind the shed.

IT'S ALIVE IN MY HEART, OKAY?? OKAY???????

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Fucking' auto chess for Hearthstone? What? How does that even work?
    I assume tons of RNG and bullshit and uninteractive outcomes.

So basically like normal Hearthstone?

• Options
    Auto Chess as it is is already basically a card game, it just doesn't look like one. It's a drafting game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    https://outof.cards/hearthstone/432-everything-you-need-to-know-about-descent-of-dragons-blizzcon-reveal

buncha new cards n shit

im1Agqs.png

this is literally. LITERALLY. fucking inspire. and they don't use the keyword lmao

s'good card though, holy fuck.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Had my first friend request rage in a long time

"Way to take a children's game waaaaay to fucking seriously
    Ya fucking nerd"

We played a mirror match and I never emoted. :?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Had my first friend request rage in a long time

"Way to take a children's game waaaaay to fucking seriously
    Ya fucking nerd"

We played a mirror match and I never emoted. :?

Beating them means you take it too seriously while they were just goofin' around, obviously.