As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Garappalo had a very solid season. I don’t think the 49ers are going to do better, and Shanahan is the one who fucked up not Garappalo.

And while there's arguably the argument that while Shanahan should have been able to keep the lead, there's also the argument that at least part of that was a return to the mean.

Should Shanahan have blown an 11pt lead? Probably not. Should the 49ers have been up by 11 over THAT Chiefs Offense? Probably not. That Mahomes turning on his "Fuck it, let's do this thing" motor at the 53 minute mark, instead of earlier in the game, is just one of those weird things.

The last TD was essentially garbage time, the 49ers were selling out to try to get the ball back (not getting it back, and letting the Chiefs score were essentially the same thing).

Yeah, it's a bad look to blow a lead like that. But it's not like they got blown out. Up until that garbage time TD, they went toe to toe with one of the best offenses I've ever seen, coached by a coach that'd arguably be in the top 5 almost every year for more than two decades.

While it's a disappointment for Garappolo, Shanahan and the 49ers writ large, I don't consider this a systemic failure in any way that needs a massive realignment. Improve, do better, do it again. They've got the talent to do so. Tearing anything down would be criminal, IMO. Sometimes, you just don't have the best day.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    The problem with replacing Garapolo is with who? Unless you want to godfather Brady for a two year run (which would be awesome as a storyline because JG immediately goes to NE, right?) there’s not really a better option out there that’s ready to win right now.

Jimmy’s going nowhere and as fun as it is to shit on him, I think he gives you as good a chance as anyone assuming the rest of the team is competent. He didn’t win them the SB, obviously, but I don’t think it’s impossible for them to win with him.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What's really dumb about the Garoppolo speculation is it's just the sports turds spewing their shit for lack of anything of real interest to say. It's what they do.

But it still sucks the air out of the room because now everybody has to devote time to a story everybody is now talking about so it must be credible.

• Options
    SF fans seem to be super salty about this loss.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »

SF fans are salty about everything. They're almost as bad as Eagles fans.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Much like Steelers and Pat's fans, they can eat dirt for a good long time based on historical success.
    Niners fans at the start of the 90s are what Steelers fans were at the start of the 80s were what Pat's fans were the start of the last decade.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Why? Did they bet Nick Bosa that if they lost they would vote for a republican?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Niners won't replace Jimmy G, I mean he didn't kneel during the anthem or anything.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    What am I missing

Why aren’t we talking about Elway-boner for Brady?

• Options
    Btw I don’t believe for a second even Elway believes in Drew Lock

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    What am I missing

Not mobile enough. The last time he had an geriatric pocket passer they.... wait I didn’t think this through did I?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Tall white guy with a big arm?

That's everything Elway wants in a QB.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    What am I missing

Not mobile enough. The last time he had an geriatric pocket passer they.... wait I didn’t think this through did I?

Tbf Manning was only 36 when he went to the Broncos

That’s Rodgers age and 6 years younger than Tom is now

Manning is only 1 year older than Brady btw

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Xantomas wrote: »
    This can't be the worst timeline anymore because the Chiefs won the Superbowl! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Also, holy shit Shakira is sexy as hell. I knew this already, but goddamn

I think she actually broke my brain. I was standing when the show started and just didn’t sit down until halfway through.

Me: Don’t say it

My brain, the last few days: SHAKIRA SHAKIRA

She’s 100% my celebrity crush.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

No. Eagles fans were saltier about this super bowl than the 49ers and they weren’t even part of it.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

No. Eagles fans were saltier about this super bowl than the 49ers and they weren’t even part of it.

Really? Every Eagles fan I’ve seen online seems to be really happy for Reid and Shady.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Really? Every Eagles fan I’ve seen online seems to be really happy for Reid and Shady.
    I’ve seen that. I’ve also seen the opposite. There’s some Eagles fans who blame Andy Reid for losing to the Patriots during that previous super bowl. The internet is full of terrible people and some of them are Eagles fans. A lot of 2 years ago we were the Superbowl champions.

zepherin on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Garappalo had a very solid season. I don’t think the 49ers are going to do better, and Shanahan is the one who fucked up not Garappalo.

Adam Gase will probably end up coaching Chicago or something in a couple of years.

Don't you put that voodoo on me, Rickie Bobby. Gase spent enough time here as it was, and that was only a year as OC.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Adam Gase will probably end up coaching Chicago or something in a couple of years.

Don't you put that voodoo on me, Rickie Bobby. Gase spent enough time here as it was, and that was only a year as OC.

He knows the 'culture'.

• Options

He knows the 'culture'.

Cocaine and smelling salts?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

He knows the 'culture'.

Cocaine and smelling salts?

Did I just wander into the WWE thread?

• Options
    How do I do gifs

2xnwnqm9r2bw.gif

• Options
    XFL is on ABC right now. 6+ minutes in the fourth.

• Options
    XFL is on ABC right now. 6+ minutes in the fourth.

EDIT:
    A thing that sticks out is the score chyron contains the over/under and the spread for the favourite.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Is this live? Cause they just broadcast the dragons head coach making play calls

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Now a game is starting on FOX.

Don't know if it was just the Seattle/DC or if this game will turn out the same, but it really is like watching college ball.

No gambling details on FOX.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Is this live? Cause they just broadcast the dragons head coach making play calls

Live mic.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Live mic.

I wonder if the defense knew whatwas coming

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Live mic.

It's a trap

Would require them to watch the XFL

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

Live mic.

I think I heard someone dropping a trash can over by the press box on every pass play.
    Just kidding, I didn’t watch any of the games.

maraji on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Didn’t watch the XFL today. I’m a Lions fan, so I’ve already been watching bad football for like 25 years

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I caught a tiny bit of an XFL game while I was out today, their kickoff procedure is kind of interesting at least. I'm not sure how they handle onside kicks, but it could potentially be safer since you don't get people running 30+ yards at full tilt before contact. Hopefully somebody will keep track of that sort of thing to see if it actually makes a difference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

You'd think they would have learned their lesson after Smith, and Kaepernick; but I have great faith in the ability of 49ers management to fuck up what should otherwise be a thriving franchise by constantly shuffling the team around before they're functioning at full capacity.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    St. Louis/Dallas XFL 2nd half on ESPN.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    How is the xfl So far?

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    seems to much more polished than the last time around

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    All I’ve watched are the highlights from one game but I found it more interesting than I expected but still can’t bring myself to care much yet.

I wish Seattle had better uniforms. That’s a stupid reason not to be interested, but here we are.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    All I’ve watched are the highlights from one game but I found it more interesting than I expected but still can’t bring myself to care much yet.

I wish Seattle had better uniforms. That’s a stupid reason not to be interested, but here we are.

It's kind of hideous. Like, they've got the Cascadia region blue & green (see Seattle's Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, & Seawolves, as well as the Vancouver Canucks & Titans), but not a good combination of them, and the orange isn't helping either.

But then, I really liked the San Diego Fleet's two-tone grey with yellow color scheme, so what the hell do I know?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i also like that they've put cameras literally everywhere
    like all the stuff that goes on around the football game itself they integrate into the broadcast program which I think the NFL could really learn from

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

It's kind of hideous. Like, they've got the Cascadia region blue & green (see Seattle's Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, & Seawolves, as well as the Vancouver Canucks & Titans), but not a good combination of them, and the orange isn't helping either.

But then, I really liked the San Diego Fleet's two-tone grey with yellow color scheme, so what the hell do I know?

Obviously you go to a Dragons game decked out in Fleet merch, and bask in people's confusion.

This discussion has been closed.