Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Opty wrote: »
    From what I read, the way it works is a combination of how many times you've battled a pokemon combined with your current chain of that pokemon. The chain increases the chance that the game will check to see if the pokemon you're encountering is shiny while the number battled will make the percentage used by that calculation better. So if you've got 500+ pokemon battled you have a 1/585 rate and if you have a 25+ chain you have a 33% chance the game will check for shininess, which means the real top rate for wild battling is 1/1755, which is worse than the Masuda method's 1/682

Actually, I've read that the chain is no longer valid. It's strictly the number you've battled.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Huh. I think I actually have a shiny sinistea? I'll find out tomorrow when the market vendor has the special tea pot. Caught it while walking through the woods and it wouldn't evolve with the regular tea pot.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sinistea's pot preference is completely divorced from whether it's a shiny or not

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    aw dang

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    It's still a rare variant, but '1 in 16' rare, not '1 in 4096' rare.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I've hatched about 300 milcery. Just a few hundred left to go before I have my shiny? I hope

I'm running out of room in my boxes and wish there was a batch release option

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Some of the shiny colour schemes feel really phoned-in. Like they made the Drednaw and Honedge shinies cool as hell, but then they got to Clefairy and were like 'Um the tips of its ears are green? Yeah that'll do.'

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I might hunt for an authentic Sinistea but I might not because it really makes no difference.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I've hatched about 300 milcery. Just a few hundred left to go before I have my shiny? I hope

I'm running out of room in my boxes and wish there was a batch release option

i just release them from the party with each wave so boxes dont get clogged up but yeah a mass release would've been nice

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    really it's a good thing not to support the bougie sinistea market

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Some of the shiny colour schemes feel really phoned-in. Like they made the Drednaw and Honedge shinies cool as hell, but then they got to Clefairy and were like 'Um the tips of its ears are green? Yeah that'll do.'

Other way round. Shiny colouration is kept from gen to gen, so 20 years ago they decided shiny Clefairy had green ear tips, while Drednaw and Honedge were obviously done more recently. In-fact a lot of Gen 1 and 2 shinies are just green-ish because of the limited colours the GBC could do.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    yeah machamp is also just solid green, and snorlax is just a darker blue

relics of simpler times

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Green is great on Machamp though

Hulk smash!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    On the 866th rolycoly I got... ANOTHER REGULAR FUCKING POKEMON

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    My big thing rn is trying to get some quality Dittos so I can actually start breeding. Not having access to Pokemon Home yet so I can bring over my stock of excellent Dittos, along with Dittos only being in that one area with a 10% encounter rare, is rather annoying.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I've got a few dittos from wonder trades. I haven't checked their quality though.

• Options
    I'm always keeping an eye on stamps for Ditto raids (while looking for a trade so stamps actually cycle)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Passed 999 rolycoly

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I'm at 399/400 dex is anyone able to send me a sableeye. I can breed anything else or pass on a 5 IV breedject for dreepy, mimikyu, cottonee, or shellos.

Update completed dex shiny charm get!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    there is one den that's only dittos on its rare spawn table, so just reset that raid until you get 5 star dittos

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

Other way round. Shiny colouration is kept from gen to gen, so 20 years ago they decided shiny Clefairy had green ear tips, while Drednaw and Honedge were obviously done more recently. In-fact a lot of Gen 1 and 2 shinies are just green-ish because of the limited colours the GBC could do.

Huh, didn't know that. Do you think they could update some of the older shiny colour schemes, or would that cause fans to riot?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    If they can update Pokemon's types I don't see why they couldn't update shiny appearances. It's not really a pressing issue though.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

some of the early generation shinies are really subtle, and then some totally rock like black dragon charizard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Pokemon Company absolutely does not ever want to change anything that exists already, even if its ostensibly a mistake (see Faint Attack and how long it took for NOA to convince them to let them correct it)

• Options
    I'M NEVER GOING TO GET MY FIRST SHINY! EVER!

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    If they can update Pokemon's types I don't see why they couldn't update shiny appearances. It's not really a pressing issue though.

Thinking about it, I'd imagine it's one of those things that creates a lot of indirect work. Changing the colours in the game code is probably the easy part, but then you've got to get everyone to sign off on the new design and check stuff like "does this now look exactly like a G.I. Joe creature that is still very much under copyright?" or "from the wrong angle, is this literally a vagina?"

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The answer is always yes to one of those questions

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Woah damn, my wild, random shiny encounter luck carries on into Shield.
    Shiny Duskull!
    But wait, it's not just any shiny it's the new diamond shiny!
    And its nature is pretty decent so its going on the team. On my way to the 3rd gym now.

I'm dragging ass and only just got past the eighth gym after about 80 hours. It's working out great for me though, just encountered a sqaure Shiny Sneasel (now Weavile) on rt. 10!
    Pretty suprising. All the pokemon games I've played I've never encountered two random shinies in one playthrough before.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

In other news, I was worried about how much of a pain it was going to be to get a Defiant Obstagoon through raids (as it can use Obstruct every turn because it attacks multiple times/it has massive shields and starts with them up/Defiant gets triggered twice from a shield break giving it +4 attack), but thankfully I got it first try with my Sirfetch'd and a teammate's Zacian.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    smogon just banned dynamax and gigantamax from OU

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    fuckin wild

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i don't think they're wrong, looking at the thing they're going for.
    i was watching them deliberate for a while.

• Options
    its been the most careful, slow paced suspect test i've ever seen and tbh i feel like they dragged their feet on it in order to not make themselves look bad

• Options
    Something weird just happened

I checked a beam and it was a 5* Snorlax, so I backed out to save and connect to the internet

When I connected I saw a stamp for a Mawile raid, which I decided to join

Then as I exited the Mawile raid, the beam went out on my Snorlax raid. Like it went dark. It wasn't the daily reset. It just behaved as if the Mawile raid I joined was the Snorlax raid I was standing near

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Something weird just happened

I checked a beam and it was a 5* Snorlax, so I backed out to save and connect to the internet

When I connected I saw a stamp for a Mawile raid, which I decided to join

Then as I exited the Mawile raid, the beam went out on my Snorlax raid. Like it went dark. It wasn't the daily reset. It just behaved as if the Mawile raid I joined was the Snorlax raid I was standing near

Helping to clear an online raid will randomly clear one of your own beams, though it'll never remove a purple beam and I don't think it will clear a wishing piece spawned beam

It's nice if you want to spawn a new set of raids and don't like your daily rolls, but also means you absolutely have to clear the raids you actually want before running online

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a perfect IV Ditto they'd be willing to part with? I don't have much since I haven't played past beating Leon in my Nuzlocke run, but I could offer a Shiny Hitmonlee or Stunky in exchange.

• Options
    I reckon they are going to suspect dracovish and Galarian Darmanitan the moment showdown stops crashing

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I caught a Hatterene and this thing is like 7 feet tall and weighs 12 pounds.

What the fuck?

• Options
    It's a little grey alien riding a mech suit made of hair

So it's very tall and light