Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

The classic web game, remastered as a native executable! Follow this frog on its arcade action adventure through swarm of bugs and beyond!
    👀👀👀

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I bailed on Spellforce. I tried to play some more tonight, but discovered that my build was poor, not scaling properly and the only solution is to grind some more experience very slowly to sort of fix it, but the mistakes I made will mean it is always behind. The only option is to restart or to have everything take even longer and play slower. I'm not doing that.

Next up, I found the Homeworld Remastered Collection along with Deserts of Kharak. For someone who has never played any of the Homeworld games, would you recommend starting with Deserts of Kharak, or with Homeworld 1?

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    D3 was great, but then I found Path of Exile and like, oh my god I can DO ANYTHING, WITH NO RESTRICTIONS, AND A FFX SPHERE GRID FOR SKILLS/STATS? AHHHHHHHHH! <3

Plus the gear in D3 is a huuuuuuuuuuuge snoozefest. At least it was when I was playing with a friend on a console together. Plus the inventory system just felt terrible to me, like the entire layout or whatnot.

Course I'm takin' a break from PoE at the moment cause this current season bores me but then again I ran a bow-azon person and eh, that's probably why I'm not havin' as much fun.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    i'm gonna buy frog fractions just to give that dev money

and no one can stop me

edit: the dev can stop me because it's free

Lucedes on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    TemTem sounds like the name of a developer's dog and they probably based it on some obscure animes.
    I mean, I keep thinking it's that one ninja from Naruto that had a thing for Neji.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm gonna buy frog fractions just to give that dev money

and no one can stop me

edit: the dev can stop me because it's free

The true Frog Fractions 2

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I bailed on Spellforce. I tried to play some more tonight, but discovered that my build was poor, not scaling properly and the only solution is to grind some more experience very slowly to sort of fix it, but the mistakes I made will mean it is always behind. The only option is to restart or to have everything take even longer and play slower. I'm not doing that.

Next up, I found the Homeworld Remastered Collection along with Deserts of Kharak. For someone who has never played any of the Homeworld games, would you recommend starting with Deserts of Kharak, or with Homeworld 1?

I’d start with Deserts. It is different from the last two with enough similarity that the first game will feel fresher, and you get the full story.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    finished Disco Elysium

still need to let it peculate inside my skull for a while but it's a helluva game

don't know if it's something that goes on my personal top 10 games (it definitely goes on my top 10 of 2019) but not a lot of games influences me emotionally the way it did

I also really hope the tease they gave at the end of the game will materialize into a sequel because I cannot WAIT to go back into that world

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    also ALSO please talk to me about my pale theories

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I still like d2s skill system cause it's less reliant on getting loot to potentially mess around with some skills or builds you want

D3 rules and granted I haven't played it in forever and this is based off the dumb early torment where your dps and resilience basically dictated what you had to use or what you could

I'm not a fan of farming items to use a skill set (also prevalent in d2 don't get me wrong)

Yeah for me it's not really a either/or thing, I think both are valid and fun in their own way. I was wary of going back to D2 for a long time because it felt archaic in comparison...and then I fell into a deep-ass D2 hole a few months ago. I think I might actually like the interplay between items and builds better in D2.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hey folks Littlewood is a cute dang blast. Like Animal Crossing but with LOTS more quests and stuff to do and all pixel graphics.

1bkks048njvb.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »

Release

Order

Always

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    hehe, little wood

• Options
    Proposal: Action rpg with no leveling and no loot.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Proposal: Action rpg with no leveling and no loot.

so a walking simulator

that is also not fun

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think you just described a fighting game.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    No one would play Diablo 3 for the gameplay alone

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    I think you just described a fighting game.

I want to just click on enemies until they die like old school Diablo. Just without any leveling or loot.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

Well, obviously they would come for the great story in Diablo 3 as well.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So, your character never changes or gets access to new stuff?

Sounds hella boring.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What if you didnt have to walk anywhere either

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Just a man hitting a goblin in the face with a club forever, the goblin doesnt die and he never gets tired

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Played about half an hour of Journey to the Savage Planet last night.

It's neat! It's got the corporate stuff from Outer Worlds but cranked up the silly slider to 10. There are lots of live action videos and commercials! It seems like it knows exactly what it is and I hope that doesn't wear out it's welcome. I'll dive into more tonight. It's more of a scan things, upgrade equipment with found supplies thing than like a shooter.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I tried, and failed. I finished the standard game, then some cinematic played for the fourth (I think?) act, I saved, quit, and haven't opened it again.

I played Diablo 2 for maybe 500ish hours?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Just a man hitting a goblin in the face with a club forever, the goblin doesnt die and he never gets tired
    Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 is already a game though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Well, obviously they would come for the great story in Diablo 3 as well.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Options

is the goblin sexy

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Sounds hella boring.

What if they change or get access to new stuff through story events?

Like, you don't gain skills just because you killed eighty goblins, but if you find the secret temple of the old gods, then you can learn how to turn into a bear.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Sounds hella boring.

Like, you don't gain skills just because you killed eighty goblins, but if you find the secret temple of the old gods, then you can learn how to turn into a bear.

how is that different from getting 1000xp for finding the secret temple and at that level you can turn into a (sexy) bear

• Options

Sounds hella boring.

I don't really see the material difference here - it's a leveling system either way.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

So an idle game? Those are huge!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    For me the best Diablo was the first one, I really like the rogue-like mechanics which the sequels shifted away from entirely

• Options

Sounds hella boring.

I don't really see the material difference here - it's a leveling system either way.

i guess it's just preference. seeing numbers go up versus unlocking stuff via story.

gimme dat crunch tho

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    For me the best Diablo was the first one, I really like the rogue-like mechanics which the sequels shifted away from entirely

did they tho? i mean every area was randomly generated in 2 and 3 except for a few set pieces

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    also ALSO please talk to me about my pale theories

What's your pale theories

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would describe Diablo 3 as the worst game I've ever not been able to put down for a few days.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Played about half an hour of Journey to the Savage Planet last night.

It's neat! It's got the corporate stuff from Outer Worlds but cranked up the silly slider to 10. There are lots of live action videos and commercials! It seems like it knows exactly what it is and I hope that doesn't wear out it's welcome. I'll dive into more tonight. It's more of a scan things, upgrade equipment with found supplies thing than like a shooter.

They give you a bunch of pictures (of real people) to pick for your avatar (which you never see since you're just in a suit) and I picked the dog and now my character sounds like a fucking wookie while running and jumping.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Sounds hella boring.

i guess it's just preference. seeing numbers go up versus unlocking stuff via story.

gimme dat crunch tho

I like leveling and getting new skills and stuff, but I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate randomized loot. I don't want to compare two pieces of gear with like 20 different stats each to try and parse if one gives me 0.000001% better DPS, that's fucking stupid and boring.

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.