Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I really don't like games where the main villain's plans seem to mostly involve boring you to death.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    There are a few narrated lorebooks in Diablo 1 but they are mostly the stories from the manual.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I want a Fallen London dating sim where most/all romantic choices end up with you turned into a candle or getting swallowed by an impossibly large raven or getting married to your own shadow

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the only voice or story beat i remember from diablo 3 is azmodan yelling arrogant nephalem 4 times in 5 seconds as you instantly murder him for a bounty completion

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    WC3 reforged out this week... I have a very weak interest in trying to become proficient online. if anyone is at that noob level and wants to 1v1 or maybe team up for team battles feel free to DM me. i can't play OFTEN, but once a week maybe would be nifty

Is it multiplayer compatible with the original version like Starcraft Remastered is?

my understanding is there is no original version anymore on a technical sense

there is the reforged client. if you have a valid license key for WC3, you can play the new client with the old graphics turned on via the launcher.

if you buy reforged, that unlocks the new graphics. but everyone must now play WC3 via the new EXE and new menus..

That's the first I'm hearing of that. The official website seems to basically be an ad and makes no mention of anything like that.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The midboss of Act 3 is a succubus spiderqueen.

You probably don't remember her because she tends to die in 2 seconds.

a mini boss in act 1 is a giant spider as well

...spider queen?

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    WC3 reforged out this week... I have a very weak interest in trying to become proficient online. if anyone is at that noob level and wants to 1v1 or maybe team up for team battles feel free to DM me. i can't play OFTEN, but once a week maybe would be nifty

Is it multiplayer compatible with the original version like Starcraft Remastered is?

there is the reforged client. if you have a valid license key for WC3, you can play the new client with the old graphics turned on via the launcher.

if you buy reforged, that unlocks the new graphics. but everyone must now play WC3 via the new EXE and new menus..

That's the first I'm hearing of that. The official website seems to basically be an ad and makes no mention of anything like that.

They broke battle net on reign of chaos when the redid the client two years ago and frozen throne barely works

They don't mention it cause reign of chaos battle net is a selling point to some people so they have to use reforged to even have that work at all

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

the communication about this release has been really bad and overall the community is nervously optimistic at best...

but the client change is confirmed because they want everyone on the new battlenet system for matchmaking purposes, and the only way to do that was to kill the original game

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Kamiro wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The midboss of Act 3 is a succubus spiderqueen.

You probably don't remember her because she tends to die in 2 seconds.

a mini boss in act 1 is a giant spider as well

Which is great because I hate spider caverns in any RPG.

Not because I hate spiders in and of themselves, but because I hate dungeons filled with tedious swarms of little annoying insect enemies and spider lairs are the diet soda of RPG dungeon design.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ive kind of abandoned most hope for future Bethesda releases but man if in the next Elder Scrolls they do for desert terrain what they did for northern european terrain that'd be somethin, I remember it made a scandinavian person on these forums literally pine for the fjords

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I think I should do a Diablo 1-3 run just so I can immerse myself in all the lore.

diablo 1 is weird because most of the lore in that game is in the manual

there's very little actual writing in the game proper

The only writing you need is the creepy poem about the Halls of the Blind.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that and a singsong What Ails You My Friend from the guy who voiced Colonel Campbell

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the passion the fallen london devs have for only making slow grindy repetitive games to put their writing in is just a real shame

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    the passion the fallen london devs have for only making slow grindy repetitive games to put their writing in is just a real shame

I personally like having to suffer a bit for my story morsels but I am a masochist so

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I want a Fallen London dating sim where most/all romantic choices end up with you turned into a candle or getting swallowed by an impossibly large raven or getting married to your own shadow

you already played disco elysium though

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Played and finished two games these last few weeks/days:

Greedfall: A 3rd person, over-the-shoulder RPG. Bit like the first Dragon Age with a more active combat system and less interesting companions. Overall I liked it, but it's not amazing and it has issues (some technical, some writing). It also felt too long, near the end we get several samey quests that feel like filler at a point where the story should be working to a climax.
    Near the end I also realized that if I hadn't foiled the Coin Guard's coupe halfway through the game, that basically everything would have been better.
    I expected that the highly religious faction would have the least favour with me, and while they were not high, the science based faction did win out in the end when my reputation plummeted from "we really really like you" to "leave and never come back", because my patience ran out with them and I executed their version of Joseph Mengele without a trial (because the eyewitness reports of his camp experiments were not enough?) Keep in mind that before that mission I already had two missions with them where my work at negotiating a peace with other parties for them were foiled because they kept insisting on sending assassin squads at the same time to kill everybody I tried to talk to.

Draugen: Bought it because I like most of Ragnar Tørnquist work. I really like the two main characters in this and it looks pretty, but again it has some problematic writing. And while I did not exactly guess all the details, I certainly got the main gist of all the plot twists 5 minutes into the game (I get the feeling that I've seen similar twists to often now in games like this).
    It's billed as a horror game, but IMHO it's not one. There is a mystery in the story, but towards the ending it is also sidelined, the solution to the mystery is left to your own guesses as it does not really matter to the main character. The most glaring problem: it does a bad job of portraying mental illness. Still the bond between Edward and Lissie, I liked and the promise for them to return, hopefully in a game that focuses more on that, while they work through a more challenging mystery, is one I look forward to.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    The suffering in Fallen London is exceptionally incredibly good when the suffering is the POINT but man like 95% of the suffering is incidental

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh cool I could really use a Midnighter to come teach, uh, Midnighter stuff at my orphanage

My dude, who I haven't touched in forever since I've been waiting for the Nemesis conclusion, is a Midnighter IIRC

• Options
    Please feel free to contact The Grumbling Philosopher for any old anything at all

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I started Act 5 of KR0 but something about it started making me very depressed so I had to stop.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Diablo 3 had some incredibly clever hooks (though now that I think about it, they were done by WoW first), like making seasons and in each season you could restart your character, then if you achieved certain things each season you'd get free set gear. So I'd do the achievements for the free two pieces of a set, then I'd want to keep playing for the rest of the set. At the end of each season, the gear would roll into the "main" characters' inventory, then the new season would start and I would just "rebirth" the character for the new season, repeat it for the next free set, on and on. It was a good treadmill!
    Also Diablo 3 remains my one ultimate Podcast game: a game that requires literally no brainpower, so I can sit and catch up on podcasts for a while and not miss any of the content while making the big numbers get bigger and splattering gore everywhere across some brown-ish landscape.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ugh I've been experiencing this annoying stuttering sound problem on my computer lately, and I have no idea what causes it. It's especially galling because some games run 100% fine, others are constantly freezing.

The only real common thing between the freezes is that it's often the music cutting out that tips me off that it's going to stutter. Like, in Satisfactory, the background music will cut out constantly, and a lot of the time the audio cues will be delayed in playing, or when they do they play on top of each other.

It's extremely strange. I'm downloading the latest audio drivers, though I'm doubtful of it fixing anything. Maybe a fresh reinstall of Windows would help?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Ugh I've been experiencing this annoying stuttering sound problem on my computer lately, and I have no idea what causes it. It's especially galling because some games run 100% fine, others are constantly freezing.

The only real common thing between the freezes is that it's often the music cutting out that tips me off that it's going to stutter. Like, in Satisfactory, the background music will cut out constantly, and a lot of the time the audio cues will be delayed in playing, or when they do they play on top of each other.

It's extremely strange. I'm downloading the latest audio drivers, though I'm doubtful of it fixing anything. Maybe a fresh reinstall of Windows would help?

Realtek sound hardware?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m using the onboard sound. I’ve checked hard drive, RAM, both fine.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    video card could be overheating. Cleaned your case recently?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Absolutely! I figured if it was a video card issue I’d get other problems to go with that. I even unseated it and blew it out and put it back in my PC.

Just so annoying not having an obvious solution.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

Stadia seems to be doing well. :bigfrown:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Gmail was in beta for five years, so this isn't really surprising.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Gmail didn't have a $130 buy-in price, nor do you have to pay for each individual folder. (Look, the simile is breaking down, it's not my fault!)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gmail called its beta a beta.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Gmail didn't have a $130 buy-in price, nor do you have to pay for each individual folder. (Look, the simile is breaking down, it's not my fault!)

Yeah, they charged $1500 for Google Glass and where's that now?

This is how they do things, it's a garbage way of doing things but it's what they've always done.

• Options
    The most annoying thing with this issue I've been having is how it's just not consistent. Like if it was a video card thing I would imagine I'd get it in games that really push it, but nope, stuff like Destiny 2, Doom, and Modern Warfare 2019 run fine. I know those aren't top-of-the-line games but still! And then something simple like Forager will get the occasional stutter, but not consistently.

Satisfactory I get it a lot in.

• Options
    I'm lost, and rather than argue with you, here's a cool trailer.

https://youtu.be/UwHRPVrZVgM

Apparently it was kickstarted last year, the visuals are sprites based on 3D model work.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    so, in wasteland 2 there are these pod plants. If you move too close, they pulsate for several seconds, and then explode. They do 8 points of damage to everything in small circle.

This is 8 points of damage I don't have to spend ammunition on, so I started taking advantage of them. I'll send a point person out to get the attention of the hostiles, and then simply run them the other way, past the plant. Enemies will follow, and generally stop in range. Point person runs in, counts the pulses, then runs away. Plant explodes, enemies take damage, life is good.

except

my point person has a 15% chance each turn to ignore my orders and do whatever they feel like. Which generally includes running up to these plants, then sticking around for the explosion. Not terribly useful behaviour.

it should merely be annoying; what elevates it to galling is the companion's line: "You've got a lot to learn about tactics, Echo One"

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sorry, it's a tactical RPG where your units sometimes just ignore your orders randomly?

My god that would make blood shoot out of my eyes.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    Sorry, it's a tactical RPG where your units sometimes just ignore your orders randomly?

My god that would make blood shoot out of my eyes.

It only happens with recruits not your 4 created characters. Also it's based on the leadership skill, so you can eliminate it by raising that.

McHoger on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You need to earn more gym badges or they wont respect you.

• Options
    Stadia certainly appears to be the swig of poison piss that it certainly appeared to be

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I’ve been a Stadia optimist from the start.

wpsskzbvmtzd.png

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Those headlines are what a Stadia optimist would have written.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.