As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Completed Vampire the Masquerade Coteries of New York

Is pretty good! A nice filler during the wait for Bloodlines 2.

Clocks in about 3 hours, 3 clans-Brujah (male), Ventrue (female), Toreador (male) with multiple playthroughs expected since you can't do everything.

Ending kinda feels rushed but it's decently telegraphed. Definitely check it out if it looks like your jam.

Gained a new appreciation for Ventrue's finicky blood palate. I wonder if that's a part of the new rules--kinda like Malkavians aren't just crazy by default anymore.

Edit: Usually this is the point where I @ the person who gifted the game to me but it looks like it was meeeeeeee.

Thanks past me!

Karoz on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    ... the combat in the beta has been ridiculously fun, though ...

My friend and I were really excited about Bannerlord back in the 80s when they said it'd have coop. Did that make it, or did they axe it?

The current beta is PvP only at this point, because it's mostly about engine tuning, combat balance, etc.

I think coop is currently in the "We'd like to add it post-launch, but it's pretty challenging for a number of reasons" spot.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Steel Angel - You summed up a lot of my feelings about Rage 2, especially those freakin' vehicles. Traveling around got very tedious toward the midway point so I happily used that hoverbike thing (forgot the name) but, man, the controls for it were some of the worst I've yet to experience. Just getting it off of the ground felt very clunky.

On the other hand, the actual ground combat never got old and was always a treat.

I was all set to get the DLC because I just wanted to shoot more things and keep leveling up, but a game-breaking bug made it completely impossible to finish the game. The bug appears to have been around for at least 7 months, according to forum posts, meaning likely since the game's release and there was not one mention I ran into from devs about it, and I imagine it will not be fixed anytime soon, if ever. It was right before the start of the final mission, so thankfully I didn't miss out on a ton, but it felt unsatisfying having to youtube the final mission instead of play it. I couldn't see myself giving them any cash for the DLC after that frustration.

Unrelated: I have no idea why, but Hardspace: Shipbreaker looks RIGHT up my alley.

vamen on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    In Code Vein I have now reached the land of the ice and snow where cold winds howl and this place blows. If it's not the instant death ice pitfalls it's the giant dudes who slap on ice armor and start Sonic spindashing all over the place for an instant one shot if I'm not blocking with the zweihander. Even then I have to quickly throw on Fire Enchantment or my attacks do basically nothing to them.

But hey I modified my zweihander into Fortify so now I have 100% physical block so that's great

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I never figured out how to fight those guys. I would just avoid them until they inevitably spin dashed off a cliff.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh christ, I hated those assholes.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Are they like the Bone Wheels and those evil ice bunnies in Dark Souls?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Is Bright Memory any good?

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    chasm wrote: »

Why yes, it is really good in my backlog. Oh... Oh, you were asking if it was good to play.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Geez Shadow Tactics and War for the Overworld? Both of those are fantastic and worth full price if you’re hankering for some old style throwbacks (Commandos and Dungeon Keeper, respectively).

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Anyone wanting a fun arpg but waiting for Wolcen to get fixed, Vikings Wolves of Midgard in that bundle list is real fucking good.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Anyone wanting a fun arpg but waiting for Wolcen to get fixed, Vikings Wolves of Midgard in that bundle list is real fucking good.

Did Vikings finally get good? I haven't played it in a very long time, but it was a mess when I did. I may have to give it another look at some point.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Finished Metro: Last Light last night! Short, but enjoyable game. There were some genuinely intense moments, especially
    the tunnels when you had to call and wait for the ferry!
    the momma bear(?)
    the momma bear(?), again!

I also liked how there's a bunch of stealth elements. I don't recall there being any stealth elements in Metro 2033. On the downside, I don't think this game was very well optimized. I'm frequently below 60 fps on my new GPU :( Anyway, thanks again to @an_alt for the game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Huh, that vikings game does look super interesting. I've been in a crazy ARPG mood, so maybe ill look into it.
    Aistan wrote: »

Did Vikings finally get good? I haven't played it in a very long time, but it was a mess when I did. I may have to give it another look at some point.

The Recent reviews are pretty good, while the old ones are kinda bad.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Why yes, it is really good in my backlog. Oh... Oh, you were asking if it was good to play.

Shit. You right. Forgot what thread I'm in.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Probably more like if you fused the two together and gave it the poise of a Great Knight from Anor Londo

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Shit. You right. Forgot what thread I'm in.

Seriously though, I do have it but haven't installed it yet. Seems interesting and maybe I'll try installing it this weekend and trying it out since nobody else responded.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Finished Metro: Last Light last night! Short, but enjoyable game. There were some genuinely intense moments, especially
    the momma bear(?)

I also liked how there's a bunch of stealth elements. I don't recall there being any stealth elements in Metro 2033. On the downside, I don't think this game was very well optimized. I'm frequently below 60 fps on my new GPU :( Anyway, thanks again to an_alt for the game!
    Metro 2033 had basically the same stealth mechanics as Last Light.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I played a bit of Bright Memory. It was pretty good as far as I got. It had some warts, as I recall, but it was Early Access (is it still?).

And if you go into it realizing that it is being developed by just one dude, it's pretty awesome.

Edit: Also, I think it was really, really short. Really short. No idea if he's added much to it since then. Steam tells me I last played it January 2019.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    the momma bear(?)

I also liked how there's a bunch of stealth elements. I don't recall there being any stealth elements in Metro 2033. On the downside, I don't think this game was very well optimized. I'm frequently below 60 fps on my new GPU :( Anyway, thanks again to an_alt for the game!

Yeah but in Last Light they actually worked so when they did the Redux versions they imported the Last Light stealth into 2033.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Probably more like if you fused the two together and gave it the poise of a Great Knight from Anor Londo

That sounds like utter bullshit. Personally.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Viking for Eroico! That is a very, very lewd platformer! It's great! Thanks! Always nice there's monsters out there willing to support my degeneracy.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Thanks @Viking for Eroico! That is a very, very lewd platformer! It's great! Thanks! Always nice there's monsters out there willing to support my degeneracy.

I remember trying the demo for that game. It got pretty h-- . . . difficult. It got difficult.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    the momma bear(?)

Yeah but in Last Light they actually worked so when they did the Redux versions they imported the Last Light stealth into 2033.

Yeah, you had some stealth elements, but levels were more tightly focused and you couldn't KO guys. The Redux really changed a lot of stuff in general; a couple older posts of mine outline the major and minor things I noticed, but we're talking some sizable level redesign and mechanical improvements. At $20 USD I'd say it's an easy recommend for anyone that at all liked the original and/or Last Light.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    This is intriguing

[clip of Hardspace: Shipbreaker which is a game where you cut up derelict spaceships]

How does he catch on fire in space?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    This is intriguing

[clip of Hardspace: Shipbreaker which is a game where you cut up derelict spaceships]

How does he catch on fire in space?
    The ship wasn't fully depressurized yet.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Hm. Mechanicus is the tactics one? I may jump on that since Phoenix Point isn't really holding my interest

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Hm. Mechanicus is the tactics one? I may jump on that since Phoenix Point isn't really holding my interest

Yup, that's the one. Its Techpreists vs Necrons.

If you get it, note that the tutorial won't tell you that you can summon as many duplicate Servitors as you can afford. It looks like you only have one but this is not the case.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Vamps Coteries of New York is 20% off - $16

To do all the playthroughs puts it at about 9 hours so up to you if you want to return to the world of darkness before Bloodlines 2 hits.

Thanks to @Qanamil for point out that Dying Light is having a free weekend so I get to try my hand at parkouring zombies to death.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Any deals on Bloodlines 1 lately?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

It was $10 during the Lunar NY sale
    https://isthereanydeal.com/game/vampiremasqueradebloodlines/history/

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options

I find it hard to believe there's anyone left who doesn't own it who would want to. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So guys, I've never bought a physical object from steam before. Is there a way to set up my mailing address and everything prior to the index release so my checkout will go faster? I don't see any options like that in the account preferences beyond email and phone number.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I find it hard to believe there's anyone left who doesn't own it who would want to. :lol:

It also drops to $5 almost every sale.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    azith28 wrote: »
    So guys, I've never bought a physical object from steam before. Is there a way to set up my mailing address and everything prior to the index release so my checkout will go faster? I don't see any options like that in the account preferences beyond email and phone number.

IIRC it only asks you that information when you're in check out from ordering a physical object so I don't think there is a way to insert that info ahead of time.

Edit: Also not helping things
    Namrok wrote: »
    https://uploadvr.com/valve-index-coronavirus/
    With Half-Life: Alyx coming March 23rd, we are working hard to meet demand for the Valve Index and want to reassure everyone that Index systems will be available for purchase prior to the game’s launch. However, the global Coronavirus health crisis has impacted our production schedules so we will have far fewer units for sale during the coming months compared to the volumes we originally planned. Our entire team is working hard right now to maximize availability. To receive a notification as soon as the Valve Index is back in stock, please visit Steam and click “Notify Me.”

In short, Valve didn't already have the Index's they planned at least on the slow boat from China. The virus has impacted Index production, no they aren't delaying Alyx because of it.

Karoz on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Vamps Coteries of New York is 20% off - $16

To do all the playthroughs puts it at about 9 hours so up to you if you want to return to the world of darkness before Bloodlines 2 hits.

Thanks to Qanamil for point out that Dying Light is having a free weekend so I get to try my hand at parkouring zombies to death.

Reading that name really fast makes me think of some New England wine making game. Vampcoteries of New York

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    My brain tells me Im a sorry cop, who is going to start fighting for communism.

So I have that going for me.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Nope

Fencingsax on
This discussion has been closed.