Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    sn7oI73.jpg

Should've taken that 4 hours earlier.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I missed 1776 and 1984, too.

Too busy committing war crimes.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Oh thats not a terrible bundle. Most of the things I havent heard of, but they look okay. The two I recognize is Children of the Zodiarcs (im a sucker for tactics like games) and Battalion 1944 was a somewhat-tactical competitive shooter right?

Turning Test is a fun fp-puzzler with decent SciFi morality questions.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    That many hours and still 33 achievements to go?

Slacker.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    The COVID-19 bundle they had on Humble is still one of the best things I've ever done with my money. Hollow Knight alone was worth that price.

I thought I was nearing the end last night and then I found out I was way, way fucking wrong.

Everybody should play Hollow Knight, it's so good. God I love that game. It has all the atmosphere of a Dark Souls game, the exploration of a Metroidvania, a phenomenal soundtrack, a great art style, solid, tight gameplay, and a nice sense of humor, too.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    8ed42al9x8aw.jpg
    New Humble Bundle:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/games/square-enix-collective-2020

1€:
    Oh My Godheads
    Goetia
    OCTAHEDRON
    Deadbeat Heroes

BTA:
    The Turing Test
    Forgotton Anne
    Fear Effect Sedna
    Black The Fall

9€:
    Children of Zodiarcs
    Boundless
    Tokyo Dark
    BATTALION 1944

I bought it and realized that only 3 were not in my collection... Oh well. I blame the Steam Thread!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    So I started playing RE1, but couldn't resist and also started RE2make. I'm really loving this one so far: modern graphics and modern design sensibilities.

Problem is, there is now a very, very angry person who seems to want to talk directly with my manager.

OK, that is one way to really rise the tension.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    RE2Make is frigging fantastic.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The COVID-19 bundle they had on Humble is still one of the best things I've ever done with my money. Hollow Knight alone was worth that price.

I thought I was nearing the end last night and then I found out I was way, way fucking wrong.

Everybody should play Hollow Knight, it's so good. God I love that game. It has all the atmosphere of a Dark Souls game, the exploration of a Metroidvania, a phenomenal soundtrack, a great art style, solid, tight gameplay, and a nice sense of humor, too.

With the very slow start to it, and it being in such a large and cheap bundle, with a dev team I'd never heard of, my initial reaction to the game was that this was a quick cute time waster.

But then eventually the game just turns the ignition key and holy shit, 9 hours later I'm engrossed in the story and taking on city guards while I'm taunting them in RL. I've Jackson Pollock'd my map with shells (whose precise meaning not even I know anymore, fuck it), and okay I just got a new thing let's try all old areas and see if, oh fuck, another new thing, let's go back again and -

I do not want to draw Sundered comparisons until I've finished this game. But I know they're there, waiting to be made when that time comes.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

With the very slow start to it, and it being in such a large and cheap bundle, with a dev team I'd never heard of, my initial reaction to the game was that this was a quick cute time waster.

But then eventually the game just turns the ignition key and holy shit, 9 hours later I'm engrossed in the story and taking on city guards while I'm taunting them in RL. I've Jackson Pollock'd my map with shells (whose precise meaning not even I know anymore, fuck it), and okay I just got a new thing let's try all old areas and see if, oh fuck, another new thing, let's go back again and -

I do not want to draw Sundered comparisons until I've finished this game. But I know they're there, waiting to be made when that time comes.

A somewhat spoilerish question for you. Feel free to ignore if you wanna keep playing blind:
    Are you going for the full ending with the Kingsoul/Void Heart or just the normal ending?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Well, I have pretty much exhausted the fun from Motorsport Manager. Went from the lowest league to the highest and picked up a bunch of achievements, now my car is too fast and I can't lose.

How am I going to fill the rest of my quarantine? My friends will only play Gloomhaven on Tabletop Simulator with me a couple times a week...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh man, I just realized Desperados 3 is going to be a thing? I remember loving the first one back in the day. Oh man, please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Well, I have pretty much exhausted the fun from Motorsport Manager. Went from the lowest league to the highest and picked up a bunch of achievements, now my car is too fast and I can't lose.

How am I going to fill the rest of my quarantine? My friends will only play Gloomhaven on Tabletop Simulator with me a couple times a week...

I don't know how that game works, but maybe trash the car and team to rebuild it from scratch?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

A somewhat spoilerish question for you. Feel free to ignore if you wanna keep playing blind:
    Are you going for the full ending with the Kingsoul/Void Heart or just the normal ending?

That's my main gripe with the game.
    Those who just beat just the main game will feel like they've done a pretty good job mastering the systems.

The true ending will look at them and say "lol no"

The jump in difficulty is just so abrupt I'm still bitter about it.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

That's my main gripe with the game.
    Those who just beat just the main game will feel like they've done a pretty good job mastering the systems.

The true ending will look at them and say "lol no"

The jump in difficulty is just so abrupt I'm still bitter about it.
    The White Palace is some grade-A horseshit. Here, let's have a difficult and poorly-designed obstacle course that goes on way too long in a game that was never tuned for that kind of precision platforming. It would be whatever as some kind of secret bonus, but to make it requirement to get the real ending? Oh, get bent.

• Options

I've thus far remained ignorant of what that means. I did click all your spoiler boxes so I'm gonna ask: Should I just keep playing and spin up a youtube video later for whatever I end up missing?

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

I've thus far remained ignorant of what that means. I did click all your spoiler boxes so I'm gonna ask: Should I just keep playing and spin up a youtube video later for whatever I end up missing?

I haven't even played that game but I know that for me the answer is almost always youtube. There must be some masochistic gamers out there though, why else would devs keep on making side content that makes self-flagellation seem like a less painful alternative.

• Options
    I can't tell if this is brilliant or idiotic

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1177030/PONG_Quest/

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Reminds me of Pong Kombat.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Oh man, I just realized Desperados 3 is going to be a thing? I remember loving the first one back in the day. Oh man, please don't suck. Please don't suck.
    It is being made by the guys that made Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun which was very good imo. I am pretty optimistic that Desperados will be good.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options

There's basically two optional areas of the game that you can miss if you don't know what you're looking for.
    Specifically, the White Palace is something you'd totally miss unless you knew what you were doing. Basically, collect a bunch of essence using the Dream Nail and turn it in to get the Awoken Dream Nail. Then use that on a specific corpse you might have run into and weren't able to do anything with with the regular Dream Nail. The other is in the Queen's Garden and should be find-able just through regular exploration once you've got certain traversal abilities.

I'd 100% say try going for it on your first run. Otherwise you'd miss out on some really cool stuff and moments.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020

There's basically two optional areas of the game that you can miss if you don't know what you're looking for.
    Specifically, the White Palace is something you'd totally miss unless you knew what you were doing. Basically, collect a bunch of essence using the Dream Nail and turn it in to get the Awoken Dream Nail. Then use that on a specific corpse you might have run into and weren't able to do anything with with the regular Dream Nail. The other is in the Queen's Garden and should be find-able just through regular exploration once you've got certain traversal abilities.

I'd 100% say try going for it on your first run. Otherwise you'd miss out on some really cool stuff and moments.

Ah, the first one I'm actually already well on my way toward, I was wondering why I was doing this shit, it seemed to have zero relevance to anything else.
    Don't answer this, but I have a funny feeling the moth helping me with the dream nail is not a good guy!

Also I tried it on a white knight corpse on the palace grounds and nothing happened, but it went through the animation to the extent that I am of the belief that I'm on the bullseye and just need to keep going.

EDIT: The far bigger mystery to me is figuring out the timing for parries. I seem to do really well with them at times. I fucking love fighting those big burly city guards in the city of tears, just parrying everything while I'm dancing around them.

Thawmus on
  • Options

I voted idiotic since it is from the same Atari that is milking people from Kickstarter twice and casinos.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Someone was on drugs when they came up with that.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    A number of you may enjoy this. It reminds me, in part, of Noita

https://youtu.be/UN-pzgK5fnA

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

That's the general feel I get from Atari these days. Ever since they put out that speaker hat.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

That's the general feel I get from Atari these days. Ever since they put out that speaker hat.

I'm always sad to see what the "investors" do to the Atari name. I just wish they'd kill it so someone who actually loves games can take over the license to do things right.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They can't hear you over the development of the Atari Hotel

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Someone leaked valve's source code for their source engine games, meaning that there are new and exciting possibilities for assholes on the internet to make your machine run random bits of code that can result in your steam account getting banned, or worse somehow cause windows files to corrupt or delete, etc. So be very very careful playing source engine games on a multiplayer server currently.

IMG_20200422_115316.png?width=478&height=630

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    It is being made by the guys that made Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun which was very good imo. I am pretty optimistic that Desperados will be good.

Oh wow, didn't realize. That gives me a lot of hope that it will be good.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I used to be a desperado, but then I came to my senses.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    ky35p7yaslna.png

@CorriganX again with the off-season gifting. Florida man as always is ever so unpredictable.

Thanks a lot. <3<3

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I got hit by Florida man as well.

8i2r2wcmmjew.png

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Just finished RE2make, and it's one solid game.

Only Leon's first run so far, just got started with Claire's 2nd run immediately afterwards because it's been such a great experience. Will definitely do an alternate 1st Claire and 2nd Leon after that just to play it some more.
    I had to thread very carefully with my ammo because I kept running low on really inconvenient situations.

Between the Tyrant showing up uninvited, Berkin's showdowns.

I had 30 bullets and a grenade to my name for the final fight against the Tyrant.

And it was awesome.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    According to HLTB and looking at the game map, I'm about halfway through Ancient Enemy.

I'm starting to get an idea of where I think the story is going to go.
    it's giving me vibes that it's going to go like the original ending of that Will Smith movie I Am Legend, before test audiences complained and they changed it to a less interesting ending.

All the main guy does so far is talk about how the world has been taken over by evil, or at least been merged with it somehow. He walks around praying, remembering the old days, and killing creatures and abominations before saying how he refuses to quit cleansing the world of evil.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    That many hours and still 33 achievements to go?

Slacker.

It disables cheevos if you run the game with mods of any kind enabled. Even UI/cosmetic stuff. If the checksum is altered, no cheevos for you.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    More game giveaways open to the PA and PA Adventure groups:

signature.png
    Congrats @cB557 on winning Planetary Annihilation: Titans.
    signature.png
    Congrats @TreadLife on winning Zombie Night Terror.
    signature.png
    Congrats @emnmnme on winning the Company of Heroes DLC pack.

• Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @Caedwyr thank you so very much, I'm humbled by this. Looks pretty unique, funny, and really fun!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    9f1kjdwr9las.jpg

Just completed Ori and the Will of the Wisps after a minor bug in the beginning (which has been fixed with the latest patch) that put me off and then getting distracted by other games.

Really excellent. If you enjoyed the first one, then the second changes things up enough to make things interesting though yes you are rediscovering several skills you obtained in the first game. There are many layers and abilities that the game handles very well in introducing and the chase segments are frantic as ever.

If you didn't enjoy Ori 1, I'd still recommend checking it out because it seems they listened to the criticism of the first game and modified a lot around that.

The themes from the first game of life, death, and rebirth are here but it does do a bit of a retcon concerning the Light vs Dark I feel which isn't all bad but a neat one in the first game.

Game clocks in at about 11 hours though I didn't 100% it. I believe it's still on Windows Game Pass so if you have that I definitely recommend playing it.

Thanks again to @KoopahTroopah for the gift!

Edit: Also I'm not crying, you're crying!

Karoz on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Game clocks in at about 11 hours though I didn't 100% it. I believe it's still on Windows Game Pass so if you have that I definitely recommend playing it.

I'm playing it on Gamepass right now—about 80-90% through. It's been awhile since I've played the original, but the escape sequences seem much easier this time around. I dislike each of the gameplay segments where you can only be 'exposed' or failing some condition for five seconds before you get insta-killed, which I don't recall from the first game? Also I feel like they give you lots of abilities but most of them are pretty useless or situational. There's like four different shards to upgrade the bow, but it still seems like garbage after building around it (whereas the spike is civilization). I liked the idea of the spirit star, but there was only one enemy it seemed worth switching to for, since it either wouldn't last long enough or lacked the range to be worth the effort, especially only able to have one thrown at a time. Fortunately the main blade attack is very satisfying to use.

Can't comment on the story yet, but the game is just as gorgeous and enjoyable as the first one.

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.