As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ITT: omg college wtf.

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    hopefully you'll die so no one has to listen to your idiocy.

Yes, I hope the same for you.

but i have more friends here than you
    also probably in real life

Haha oh my god you're so internet.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    My friends were smart enough not to go to a liberal arts school.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Puscifer wrote: »
    Liberal arts schools churn out people who are going to end up teaching at liberal arts schools down the road. They're a self-sustaining organism.

I don't really agree with that...I think History and English/Lit degrees only make people who teach those classes and who appear in videos that those classes watch...but liberal arts schools also make pretty much every other career that isn't menial labor, doctors, lawyers, business-types or some scientists, and those people aren't all teaching.
    You have never been to college.
    You do not know what it's like.
    Stop acting like you do.

My post wasn't even about college, it was about life after college.

You've never been to life after college.
    You do not know what it's like.
    Stop acting like you do.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    hopefully you'll die so no one has to listen to your idiocy.

Yes, I hope the same for you.

but i have more friends here than you
    also probably in real life

Haha oh my god you're so internet.

"also probably in real life"

Awesome.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah Kusu -- the "I have more friends than you" card is not really a strong one to play.

In any situation.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My friends were smart enough not to go to a liberal arts school.

Well, what about you? What LA do YOU go to?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Yeah Kusu -- the "I have more friends than you" card is not really a strong one to play.

In any situation.

cel shouldn't you be bitching about snitching

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's like Clash of the Titans but with retards instead of puppets

Rawramngamomnomnom.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SNITCHING IS SO STUPID YOU GUYS

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Sweet.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

In any situation.

Jeez dude watch it.

You could jeopardize your relationship with all your friends here.

Also probably in real life.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys, just come to Brown. We'll get you through school without worry about shit because hey, you went to an Ivy League school. You're guaranteed a job.

Oh man, if I had to go to an Ivy League, I'd go to Brown. I'm sure you know more about it than I do (very, very, very sure) but I hear it's the most laid-back of the Ivys.

Also, Kusu, what LA schools do your friends go to? Because at Pomona and Pitzer, it is possible to knock every breadth requirement out of the way Freshman year without taking a FULL COURSELOAD.

I'm pretty sure that's better than most unis.

Actually, yes, it probably has the most relaxed atmosphere out of all the Ivy Leagues (I toured 6 of them. Two of those fuckers didn't think I was good enough for them). We get a lot of people who wanted to go to an Ive League, but they didn't want to put the work in to get an Ivy League calibre education/degree.

So, yea, it's pretty awesome. We also have a large number of preppy assholes, however.

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

In any situation.

Jeez dude watch it.

You could jeopardize your relationship with all your friends here.

Also probably in real life.

i don't have any friends, that was the joke

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Who wants to talk about Grad School?

I was thinking about USC for Journalism...?

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    one time i was in grad school but then they kicked me out for peeing in the drinking fountain

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Guys, just come to Brown. We'll get you through school without worry about shit because hey, you went to an Ivy League school. You're guaranteed a job.

Oh man, if I had to go to an Ivy League, I'd go to Brown. I'm sure you know more about it than I do (very, very, very sure) but I hear it's the most laid-back of the Ivys.

Also, Kusu, what LA schools do your friends go to? Because at Pomona and Pitzer, it is possible to knock every breadth requirement out of the way Freshman year without taking a FULL COURSELOAD.

Actually, yes, it probably has the most relaxed atmosphere out of all the Ivy Leagues (I toured 6 of them. Two of those fuckers didn't think I was good enough for them). We get a lot of people who wanted to go to an Ive League, but they didn't want to put the work in to get an Ivy League calibre education/degree.

So, yea, it's pretty awesome. We also have a large number of preppy assholes, however.

Four out of all the Ivys? Shit, nice work. Which ones DID NOT WANT?

And yeah, I'm sure the ability to, at any time in life, say "I went to an Ivy" attracts many people I would love to stab.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    t cel: well then transfer to a liberal arts school and get the experience, ace.
    Transfer to a CSU or UC and find out it's exactly the same, champ.

Kusu -- I once took "Intro to Leisure Studies" because it fulfilled a necessary GE component. Read that again. I took that class. It was horrifying. I was required to do it.
    It's not necessarily the fact that they make you take bullshit classes: it's that they require more bullshit credits than a uni.
    Just comparing my graduation requirements with my friends' has taught me this.
    Yeah, it varies school to school. It was like 60 bullshit credits at SFSU, then just 48 at HSU. It's all a mess. I also once took "Integrating Masculinity and Femininity" because it was in a section legislated by the state bureaucracy for the CSU system. I almost dropped out again over that one.

24 Social Science units
    24 Science/Math units
    24 units from other requirements from my specific college such as "fine skills"

Those are all requirements outside of my focus. Not sure if it's the same throughout the UCs.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ACT was the only reason I got into my school (well being an Eagle Scout probably helped).

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    what are you clark kent

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm glad to see you're coming around.

Sorry about killing your dog.

Not really.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Doodmann wrote: »
    ACT was the only reason I got into my school (well being an Eagle Scout probably helped).
    Blowjob merit badge?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Eastern GlowEastern Glow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My dad went to an Ivy league school and he likes to tell me about it anytime I complain about college.

Eastern Glow on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

the university of missouri is a pretty good school for that sort of thing

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Not really.

i reported this

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    PusciferPuscifer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Four out of all the Ivys? Shit, nice work. Which ones DID NOT WANT?

And yeah, I'm sure the ability to, at any time in life, say "I went to an Ivy" attracts many people I would love to stab.

Harvard and Yale rejected me. Princeton put me on a waiting list, and the other five accepted me. So I went with Brown.

And, yea, that attitude is abundant, but when you come from the social circles that most of these people come from, it's expected that you attended one of "the eight".

Puscifer on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'll look into that, considering I'm from Iowa.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Blowjob merit badge?

make all the jokes you guys want but it got me in. Also: Fuck you

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My dad went to an Ivy league school and he likes to tell me about it anytime I complain about college.

My parents are odd...my mom went to Smith, my dad went to MIT, Bates and Columbia, and they both never, ever, ever talk about it. Ever.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I'll look into that, considering I'm from Iowa.

i know it's pretty much tied with northwestern for best undergrad journalism

(i'm in the undergrad program at missouri so pm me any questions and i'll answer as best as i can)

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Northwestern has always been at the top of my list. It's an awesome campus, right on the lake, but it's pretty frat oriented which turns me off. How do you like Missouri?

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dangerou-Dave, USC is very good for journalism, but also very hard to get into (unless you know or are related to someone who went there). I have a friend who just finished her grad school in broadcast journalism at the University of Oklahoma. She seemed to like it a lot, even though it was in goddamn Norman, Oklahoma.

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Eastern GlowEastern Glow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

My parents are odd...my mom went to Smith, my dad went to MIT, Bates and Columbia, and they both never, ever, ever talk about it. Ever.

My dad went to Stanford.
    So I'm always like "Dad I need money for college." and he's like "Did I ever tell you about the time I went to Stanford and had to work 4 jobs and was still school president oh and also had to support your uncle in Santa Cruz because this was at the same time your grandfather had died?"

My dads kind of a dick.

Eastern Glow on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Blowjob merit badge?

make all the jokes you guys want but it got me in. Also: Fuck you
    I'm fucking with you. I actually think it's impressive.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Not really.

i reported this
    Well then killing your mother it is.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    haha celery thinks he's funny

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    spono wrote: »
    Dangerou-Dave, USC is very good for journalism, but also very hard to get into (unless you know or are related to someone who went there). I have a friend who just finished her grad school in broadcast journalism at the University of Oklahoma. She seemed to like it a lot, even though it was in goddamn Norman, Oklahoma.

Aye, I shouldn't have a problem getting into the USC grad school, but it's the move out west that's shaking me a bit.

My sister, of whom I'm pretty close to, just got a place in San Diego, though.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    it's cute really

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    spono wrote: »

Aye, I shouldn't have a problem getting into the USC grad school, but it's the move out west that's shaking me a bit.

Yeah, it's a little different out here than in Iowa. I was in Cedar Rapids about a month ago on a job interview, and all I could think was "fuck it's cold", "where the hell are all the cars?" and "why is it snowing in April?"

Other than that it's pretty much the same.

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif