As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When you have to stay at home, it's time for [BAD FOOD]

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have likely eaten $9000 worth of Stouffer's lasagna over my lifetime.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Man I miss Quaker. I used to get about $80 of wings when I ordered. Wings for days and so many tasty sauces!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Good news everynyan!

I have bought more chicken!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    For 9 grand that thing sure is ugly.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Bad Food Thread, I'm about to walk to the Lunch District because it is a lovely day outside. Do I want a beer and a slice of pizza or a beer and a french dip sandwich? I am currently torn.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm going to el paso later this year and I cannot wait to eat a bunch of trashy tacos

also Whataburger and Sonic

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I had the best brisket kolaches for breakfast today but they have definitely put me into a coma.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    RIP Jeff, he died doing what he loved: eating (and sleeping in) a giant meat bed.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Bad Food Thread, I'm about to walk to the Lunch District because it is a lovely day outside. Do I want a beer and a slice of pizza or a beer and a french dip sandwich? I am currently torn.

There's no wrong choices here.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    right now I'd go for the french dip

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    w8k087meqvsu.jpg

Dominos pizza released an engagement ring worth more than $9000

I don't think I will ever eat $9000 worth of any food in my lifetime though

I'll probably get through over $9000 in steaks in my lifetime, probably pizza too. Hell I'm probably pretty close on both. Figure $12 a steak/pizza, twice a month is about 32 years to get to $9000.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

You were correct!

9lede0fovon2.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm thinking the chippies look like the most appetizing part of that meal.
    The beer looks flat, the sandwich looks excessively dry but those chippies look great. Does that make me weird?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

You were correct!

9lede0fovon2.png

Yo gimme that sandwich

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm thinking the chippies look like the most appetizing part of that meal.
    The beer looks flat, the sandwich looks excessively dry but those chippies look great. Does that make me weird?

need about 6 times as many fries imo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    My understanding is that the relatively recent cup of fries development is to give fewer fries for the same charge.
    I hope that's just me being cynical and believing bad info, but it's what I heard. One of those restaurant tricks to make it seem like there's more than there is.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I'm off to make Kraft Dinner, the wonderful Dinner of Oz
    It's a kraft of a kraft of a kraft, if ever a kraft there was!
    If ever o ever a kraft there was, the kraft Dinner Of is one because
    Because because because because!
    Of all the glow-orange stuff it does!

I'm off to make Kraft Dinner, the wonderful Dinner of Oz!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    I kind of prefer a small serving of fries. I love and cherish them individually, but most places serve way too many. I feel bad leaving a big pile of fries on the plate, even though I feel like I ate a bunch of them.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    God, I want all the fries. I'll forgive a smaller main if it comes with enough carbs for me to fill up on them after. I could literally buy a whole bag of frozen fries with a fraction of what I just paid for my meal, don't you shortchange me.

Glal on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    chromdom wrote: »
    My understanding is that the relatively recent cup of fries development is to give fewer fries for the same charge.
    I hope that's just me being cynical and believing bad info, but it's what I heard. One of those restaurant tricks to make it seem like there's more than there is.

No no this is 100% true.

I was in a food planning meeting with a pub owner and this is exactly why they implemented it

#pipe on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Is the idea that people are more likely to buy dessert? 'Cause I can't imagine saving a handful of fries costs that much in the grand scheme of things.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Give me every potato

I'm afraid what you heard me say was, bring me lots of fried potatoes...

But what I actually said was bring me every potato.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I give my customers heaping fistfuls of fries, as I laugh maniacally.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I kind of think most restaurant portion sizes are too big to begin with but I doubt very much that the reduction in size comes with a lower price

anyway that sandwich looks really good, it's fine if it's a little dry, that's what the jus is for

Shorty on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Not enough beverage, imho.

More beverage.

If I'm gonna eat a sandwich I need a beverage to gulp because I always eat sandwiches too fast and my peristalsis can't keep up and I get hiccups.

• Options
    It is a 13% ABV strong ale. Please do not gulp Coop DNR, it will get you into fights with the police.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    MORE BEVERAGE

IT'S TO ASSIST ESOPHAGEAL PERISTALSIS, COPS.

• Options
    re2qqr3gxpxx.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Went to a Village Inn and got a pick 4 build your own breakfast combo. Got scrambled eggs, sausage links, country potatoes, and toast. The plate was 90% potatoes. A heap of potatoes, should have gotten bacon instead.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Give me big thick chippies that are salty, crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle. Then I shall dip them in remoulade or garlic sauce or possibly ketchup and I shall enjoy them immensly.

Thin cut fries like shoestring fries need not apply. They shall be rejected as the massproduced heresy that they are.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    I give my customers heaping fistfuls of fries, as I laugh maniacally.

the savior we deserve

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Give me big thick chippies that are salty, crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle. Then I shall dip them in remoulade or garlic sauce or possibly ketchup and I shall enjoy them immensly.

Thin cut fries like shoestring fries need not apply. They shall be rejected as the massproduced heresy that they are.

Both are good

• Options
    Went to a Village Inn and got a pick 4 build your own breakfast combo. Got scrambled eggs, sausage links, country potatoes, and toast. The plate was 90% potatoes. A heap of potatoes, should have gotten bacon instead.

The Village Inn literally around the corner from me closed. That build your own 4 was great on weekend mornings when I was feeling under the weather. Or lazy. Ok, when I was feeling lazy.

Point is, it's gone! There's a Denny's across the way, but meh. Who prefers to go to Denny's?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

The Village Inn literally around the corner from me closed. That build your own 4 was great on weekend mornings when I was feeling under the weather. Or lazy. Ok, when I was feeling lazy.

Point is, it's gone! There's a Denny's across the way, but meh. Who prefers to go to Denny's?

I've never even heard of Village Inn before now (aside from a pizza place with the same name) so, me. I prefer Denny's.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    denny's puts out a quality product

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Village Inn in Cheyenne was the place for the police to meet with informants. a highly questionable practice

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

John Kruk once did 3 grand slams in a single day. That plaque hangs in an Anaheim Denny's to this day

• Options
    a guy once sold my dad tickets to a mariners game outside a village inn

And the food is fine, not as gimmicky as Denny's, but fine

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    went to the slightly higher-scale brunch place and the food was definitely worse than if I had just gone to waffle house

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    a guy once sold my dad tickets to a mariners game outside a village inn

And the food is fine, not as gimmicky as Denny's, but fine

Thank you! That's the word that never clicked for me! It's gimmicky, I never liked how gimmicky Denny's (and a few other places) is (are)

This discussion has been closed.