As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Ancient Enemy & GameDev Beatdown out today!

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    header.jpg?t=1582139907
    Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord early access release date has been confirmed on its Steam page after the leak by PC gamer when an article get live by error: 31st March 2020 (for $49.99/£39.99)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1749023254243969336/
    According to the now removed leak the game is releasing on the Epic Games Store TaleWorlds Entertainment's own store too.

Welp, guess it's officially time to start browsing new PCs, because that game is absolutely the straw that will break my poor GPU's back.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    The Batmobile was really fun to drive, too! It's just way faster and easier to fly everywhere :(

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the cash flow is like for No Man's Sky. Do these ongoing content drops drive substantial new sales? Or is it still them just doing make goods for the initial negative blowback while they coast off the strong original sales with a relatively small team? The first few big updates felt like the latter, but they keep coming even after the tone around the game has largely changed

No Man's Sky sold EXTREMELY well (which is part of the reason why the backlash was so widespread). It basically gave Hello Games the capital to do whatever the fuck they want for years to come.

I understand they also experience a significant sales bump whenever they drop more content

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I wish they'd make Arkham Asylum, but like Adam West era Batman.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Owvnn5Xsjs

I would LOVE a Batman the Brave and the Bold Arkham game

Like if they went full Arcsys with their cell shading tech

and you could team up with other DC heroes!

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Owvnn5Xsjs

I would LOVE a Batman the Brave and the Bold Arkham game

Like if they went full Arcsys with their cell shading tech

and you could team up with other DC heroes!

For the longest time the rumor was that they were working on a Silver Age style game.

Of course, a Ninja Turtle game, Justice League game and a Suicide Squad game have all also been rumored.

It won't be just another Arkham game, that's WB Montreal's joint so what, Rocksteady? WHAT?!?!?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I wonder what the cash flow is like for No Man's Sky. Do these ongoing content drops drive substantial new sales? Or is it still them just doing make goods for the initial negative blowback while they coast off the strong original sales with a relatively small team? The first few big updates felt like the latter, but they keep coming even after the tone around the game has largely changed

No Man's Sky sold EXTREMELY well (which is part of the reason why the backlash was so widespread). It basically gave Hello Games the capital to do whatever the fuck they want for years to come.

I understand they also experience a significant sales bump whenever they drop more content

IIRC, when it hit Xbone it also saw a pretty significant spike

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    a bit annoyed at inifinifactory

- there's no way to save 'modules' for use in another level
    - no way to delete or overwrite per-level save slots
    - I just extended a pusher and it's touching a sensor, but not triggering it.

that last feels genuinely faulty

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Have you tried buying it a drink?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The latest Satisfactory update broke all my water pumps and I am sad. They just don't work anymore for no reason.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

If you load up a level solution and select "reset level" (or whatever it's called) in the pause menu it's the same as deleting that save.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Outer Worlds and Outer Wilds, Infinifactory and Satisfactory... if I'm ever supreme ruler of the world I'm making all of these devs walk the plank.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lord help me, the amazon MMO actually sounds interesting and I hate it

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Wait there's actually information out about it?

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »

it comes out in april!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    oh, good

thanks!

I thought about that, but I assumed the spot would still say solution n. It actually clears it the way I'd prefer.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Outer Worlds and Outer Wilds, Infinifactory and Satisfactory... if I'm ever supreme ruler of the world I'm making all of these devs walk the plank.

Don't forget about Factorio

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

IGN had a preview: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-world-hands-on-with-amazons-upcoming-open-world-mmorpg
    PvE bad, combat great, PvP great, entirely player-driven economy with 0 NPC vendors

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

IGN had a preview: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-world-hands-on-with-amazons-upcoming-open-world-mmorpg
    PvE bad, combat great, PvP great, entirely player-driven economy with 0 NPC vendors

I found the thing that's going to murder the game.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    PVP focused mmorpg? Count me out.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I remember age of conan (which me, a very smart person, bought the special edition for)

Getting spawn camped so hard you couldn't log out was a bad time...

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I found the thing that's going to murder the game.

EVE and BDO both have extremely healthy economies

although they both have certain limitations placed by the devs, they're entirely player driven

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The world is already a PvP MMORPG.

Although I suppose the PvE component has been getting ramped back up lately.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The concept itself of Amazon's MMO is super-skeevy to me

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The concept itself of Amazon's MMO is super-skeevy to me

oh yeah, believe me I am not here to stan for a game I have no played yet that is made by a company that is skeevy as hell

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Wow is mostly vendor free, isn't it?
    I haven't played in an eternity but apart from token vendors (where you buy specific rewards for doing certain activities enough) almost all gear is looted, and all consumables and crafts go through the AH

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    at least their servers are likely to stay up and handle any load

amazon, not google

amazon sunk a shitload of money and time into the game

it's intended to be both a test, to see if making games can be profitable, and also its flagship

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Lol. I've pre-loaded all 456 MBs of Wasteland Remastered.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Rune Factory 4 Special - Bachelors Trailer (Nintendo Switch) 2:32
    https://youtu.be/CgJIpU0hRTs

Why is this not on Steam
    Why is this not on Steam
    Why is this not on Steam
    Why is this not on Steam
    Why is this not on Steam

Peas on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    nevermind.

Still looking forward to it.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl The Orphan from Candlekeep's Diary-Chapter 1
    So my foster dad is dead, and some incredibly stereotypical evil dude in a skull mask is after me.

After making it to the friendly arm inn, I've made contact with two of dad's old friends. They seem cool, and we're off down the road to check out this mine. Apparently the iron in the area is fucked and we're going to find out why.

Sure, why not. What else have I got to do.

I've also picked up the wild mage on the way. She seems cool if not a bit disorganised. I'm unsure how she'll gel with the rest of the party but it's nice to have a dedicated mage.

And if she turns out evil?

I'm an Inquisitor. I can handle it

On a meta/gameplay level, this is very much an old game with a deep UI. Despite the tutorial and QoL stuff they've put in the EE version, I'm still playing this on easy. I cannot be arsed to battle with an obtuse UI at this time in my life.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Wild mage? What about the evil wizard and dwarf? I played the start of BG a hundred times and I don't think I ever didn't recruit those guys.

• Options
    Wild mage? What about the evil wizard and dwarf? I played the start of BG a hundred times and I don't think I ever didn't recruit those guys.

I picked up the wild mage (Neera is her name I think) on the way to the mine in of those towns on the way.

As for the evil wizard and dwarf, if you mean the two dickheads I met on the way to the friendly arm inn, I had a chat and decided not to let them join me. They gave me a bad vibe.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

I picked up the wild mage (Neera is her name I think) on the way to the mine in of those towns on the way.

As for the evil wizard and dwarf, if you mean the two dickheads I met on the way to the friendly arm inn, I had a chat and decided not to let them join me. They gave me a bad vibe.

Oh yeah they're terrible. I just always get them because the fight at the inn is so hard with just 2 people.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I just learned you can press alt + enter to force a full screen into a window???

I can now play Evil Genius in a window while doing anything in WoW

excellent

EXCELLENT

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Karl wrote: »

Oh yeah they're terrible. I just always get them because the fight at the inn is so hard with just 2 people.

LOL I'm playing on easy. That assassin at the Inn got fucking murked by Imoen and me.

• Options
    Did anyone ever encounter basilisks in Witcher 3, besides the one you fight in
    that early Ciri section?

A few of my potion upgrades need basilisk venom and I need hide for the Viper armour but I've never seen a basilisk so not sure where to get it.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Did anyone ever encounter basilisks in Witcher 3, besides the one you fight in
    that early Ciri section?

A few of my potion upgrades need basilisk venom and I need hide for the Viper armour but I've never seen a basilisk so not sure where to get it.

Have you checked merchants?

• Options
    Yeah nobody seems to sell monster bits.

Also Hearts of Stone
    oh my word, possessed Geralt is amazing

This discussion has been closed.