As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Roanna ate the other 11 hunts as healer and tank so hard they nerfed her ability to do them in 13s specifically heh.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Haven't been playing much, do i need to pull for Flan?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    If you have Tywin, probably not. If you don't and her kit looks valuable, go for it.

Obvious "there's a limited right around the corner/every banner is a trap" disclaimer.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Eh in this case we do know that Diene is likely coming back in December and the stream hinted to the possibility that the Alice in Wonderland Tenebria won't be a skin but a full character and also in December.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I find her much more usable than tywin who is pretty much meh at this point. She doesnt get the extra turn but isnt destroyed as hard by cleanse. And her buff is better for mid to late game people as crit dmg will give more than crit for geared people that lack a the crit dmg. She isnt nescessary but she is useful. She is used in a different space than tywin really. Tywin for cleave. Flan for the more common bruiser meta now.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Hmm... bought the 4* 5* summon from the new Loche store and got Lilias...

So that's cool.

It looks like she doesn't give a shit about attack or crit, so I can just go full defensive and speed with her, I guess, right? I pair her with my over 100 000 CP Sigrit and basically win, sounds like. Or maybe Luna would be a better, if less consistent, choice... hmm.. decisions decisions....

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    If you have Tywin, probably not. If you don't and her kit looks valuable, go for it.

Obvious "there's a limited right around the corner/every banner is a trap" disclaimer.

Tywin was my first 5 star and I really wanted to make him work, but I still haven't figured out his niche. I find Rose works better for me against Dragon. What am I missing?

• Options

So that's cool.

It looks like she doesn't give a shit about attack or crit, so I can just go full defensive and speed with her, I guess, right? I pair her with my over 100 000 CP Sigrit and basically win, sounds like. Or maybe Luna would be a better, if less consistent, choice... hmm.. decisions decisions....

8k attack Gunthers are fun too.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

So that's cool.

8k attack Gunthers are bullshit too.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

So that's cool.

I’d start there. Thats how mine is today. Eventually adding CC/CD as her S3 uses her values for those.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Haven't been playing much, do i need to pull for Flan?

I’m just doing a couple pulls a day. If i get her great, if not no biggy. I have Luluca for speed breaking and SSB for bruiser breaking. If you don’t have any water breakers, then i’d pull.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I have enough for two guaranteed pulls, so...

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Gold V sandbag defensive team Dizzys are the fuckin' worst, holy balls. I just fought one that was faster than my 220 speed Flidica despite also having 17.5k HP and who knows how much Defense.

I hate that the only answer to bullshit like that is to farm up an Immunity set for everyone.

AOE speed down, hit down, attack down, all on a fast character that's literally impossible to get anymore. Nice design there.

Rius on
  • Options
    In positive news, LQC was a monster in guild war this morning. She was already great at beating MLKen, but this morning she deleted a whole team thanks to their fragile BBK. Felt great.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I just need to give up any pretense of clearing entire sets of 5 defensive teams if they have a Dizzy, lol. I can handle SSB and Arby, but fast Dizzys completely shut me down.

F. Lidica, C. Dom, Luluca and Vildred are doing pretty good work otherwise. I really like when F. Lidica's second turn is S3 to kill Arby, who then revives and futilely uses his own S3 against my nullified team, haw.

Rius on
  • Options
    I stacked up my Vildred and It feels like, with even 2500+ attack, his damage is still underwhelming compared to my Bellona.

I mean he's my fastest character by a mile, but it feels to me like he's not hitting as hard as my Bellona with roughly the same Atk with the added minus that he doesn't have Bellona's armor shred. Feels like I'm missing something.

• Options
    He's not really killing anyone in my Arena team, either, unless they're squishy and/or already hurt. Pavel is gonna make a lot more sense in his spot once I get him promoted and leveled to 60.

Farms like a beast, though, and is pretty useful in Lab.

• Options
    I stacked up my Vildred and It feels like, with even 2500+ attack, his damage is still underwhelming compared to my Bellona.

I mean he's my fastest character by a mile, but it feels to me like he's not hitting as hard as my Bellona with roughly the same Atk with the added minus that he doesn't have Bellona's armor shred. Feels like I'm missing something.

Green Bellona has HP% damage as part of her S1. She's a PvE destroyer because of that, basically a built in DDJ.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Rius wrote: »
    I just need to give up any pretense of clearing entire sets of 5 defensive teams if they have a Dizzy, lol. I can handle SSB and Arby, but fast Dizzys completely shut me down.

F. Lidica, C. Dom, Luluca and Vildred are doing pretty good work otherwise. I really like when F. Lidica's second turn is S3 to kill Arby, who then revives and futilely uses his own S3 against my nullified team, haw.

You'll eventually need different PvP teams to counter different comps. Outside of Immunity sets, there are a bunch of units that can help vs Dizzy. The AI can't SB, so her extra turn won't work. Here are some units that should help counter, they should be built fast and with high Eff Res.

Ray: Is a good 5* Counter as he's green which gives him boosted chance to resist, plus he's fast.
    Kitty Clarissa: 4* ML unit. Can cleanse everything on S3, go again and strip buffs. She's decently fast and her imprint gives her Eff Res.
    A. Mont: 3* unit SC change. Show as dirt but has lots of innate effect res and can dispel some debuffs from an individual unit and the party.
    Elena: Another 5* unit, but can push her CR up with the Tome arti after Dizzy's first AoE. Then throw Invincibility on all units allowing some time for other cleansing. If you have a mage with Tag, you could also SB her S1 for full debuff removal. Also has decent ER to start, but a bit slower.

There are others, but don't work as well against Dizzy due to element/speed, or are ML 5*'s which are in the "good luck if you ever get them" group.

He's not really killing anyone in my Arena team, either, unless they're squishy and/or already hurt. Pavel is gonna make a lot more sense in his spot once I get him promoted and leveled to 60.

Farms like a beast, though, and is pretty useful in Lab.

Vildred in PvP works best as cleanup. You can use him to cleave, but due to his CR push on kill, he works great with decent speed and damage, following someone like BBK or J. Kise. A great cleave comp is J. Kise/BBK, C. Dom, Vildred, and A. Lots. Push the AoE unit up, crits all pushing C. Dom up and if they kill any weaker units, pushes Vildred up. C. Dom can then go, pushing Vildred more with her S3 and should snipe someone to push him again. He should then be next allowing for clean up of any units left (assuming no Fire Tanks/Bruisers).

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Been reading guides and changed out my Wyvern team. Now running GPurrgis, SSB, Sigret, and (ugh) Furious. But now my W12 team is rock solid. Still not quite at 13 yet, I think I need to bulk up GP a bit, I'm at 29k health but only 1480 def.

Edit: My RPG brain feels wrong not bringing a healer.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Yeah boosting Gpurg will help. Make sure he has max Proof on him as well. Mine is at 25K HP and 2K Def and he works fine. My only fails are when debuffs don't land and W13 kills a party member. Which is probably an issue you might run into as well. One option I've seen folks use is MistyChain. She'd lower your Def Break options a ton, leaving only SSB but does healing, her S2 has 2 different debuffs, and can equip Sira-Ren for additional debuffs.

• Options
    Looking at the math, it looks like the max Sepulcrum I have does just as well as Proof, right?

• Options
    Yeah, my slow-ish high damage Vildred is definitely working better later on in the lineup. F. Lidica into C. Dom (doesn't seem to matter how slow I make her, she's still going second after F. Lidica) is working properly, just need to tune the back half of the team. Luluca seems to be working well for AoE + Defense Break, and if I work up another Tagehel's (my current one is up to 19 souls, just need one more to break the last cap) then I can start with 40 souls so both C. Dom and Pavel/Vildred can SB.

Since it seems like C. Dom is always going to go second once Flidica gets her S2 off, I am going to hand out my three immunity sets to Flidica, C. Dom and probably Luluca. I'd like to maybe fit in Lilias with her 5* artifact now that it gives out Immunity and a Barrier, but that'd mean dropping Vildred probably. I'll leave Vildred in for now anyway; not going to swap his gear since it's mainly configured for ez farming and Lab.

I tried Luluca in Wyvern but I can't really gear her for both Wyvern and Arena, the requirements are too different. It might be time to look at getting Furious online.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Achates is a really good 4* counter to dizzy and debuffs in general. Her S3 removes all debuffs and only has 2 turn cd if you use her S2 on self.

• Options
    Yeah but Achates isn't gonna be faster than Flidica so that's basically an entirely new team just to fight Dizzys

Which, sure, I get it, but right now I just want one team that works for 80%+ of defense teams

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yeah but Achates isn't gonna be faster than Flidica so that's basically an entirely new team just to fight Dizzys

Which, sure, I get it, but right now I just want one team that works for 80%+ of defense teams

You're gonna need Basar then

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Yeah he seems pretty good, not gonna lie!

What's better for Luluca, do you figure; I have a wide selection of necklaces.

4340 Attack, 100% crit chance, 214% crit damage, 72% effectiveness (attack set)
    or
    3887 Attack, 100% crit chance, 248% crit damage, 51% effectiveness (bust up the set)
    or
    3886 Attack, 100% crit chance, 258% crit damage, 40% effectiveness (same but swap neck)
    or
    3847 Attack, 98.4% crit chance, 258% crit damage, 51% effectiveness (same but swap neck)

I don't know enough about the damage formula to know whether a ~450-500 drop in Attack is worth a 34-44% bump in crit damage.

Rius on
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Achates is a really good 4* counter to dizzy and debuffs in general. Her S3 removes all debuffs and only has 2 turn cd if you use her S2 on self.

The main issue with Achates is that she's Fire. Which means she's at a disadvantage against Dizzy. Part of why folks say the main grind in the game is gear as you need a bunch of different units and good gear is hard as hell to get.

Yeah he seems pretty good, not gonna lie!

What's better for Luluca, do you figure; I have a wide selection of necklaces.

4340 Attack, 100% crit chance, 214% crit damage, 72% effectiveness (attack set)
    or
    3887 Attack, 100% crit chance, 248% crit damage, 51% effectiveness (bust up the set)
    or
    3886 Attack, 100% crit chance, 258% crit damage, 40% effectiveness (same but swap neck)
    or
    3847 Attack, 98.4% crit chance, 258% crit damage, 51% effectiveness (same but swap neck)

I don't know enough about the damage formula to know whether a ~450-500 drop in Attack is worth a 34-44% bump in crit damage.

Depends on where you use her. I find Luluca to be better in PvE. She's part of my expeditions, hunts and other PvE stuff. For that, 65%-85% eff is all you need (65% for hunts and things with 85% for expeditions only).

For PvP, if your using her for defense break than option 1 is the best with the 72% effectiveness. She's not there for damage, just speed and defense break. I'm assuming your Cleave rotation is F. Lidica to CR push back, then Luluca to AoE Def Break, then C. Dom for snipe and CR push, then Vildred for AoE finisher. C. Dom jumping ahead can suck but it also means pushing Luluca (so less speed) and Vildred. With SB, I usually can still 1 shot targets with C. Dom and no defense break.

• Options
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any real speed differential that lets Luluca go ahead of C.Dom without ruining the former's other stats. So usually it's just Vildred that Luluca goes ahead of.

But C.Dom second works out perfect against SSB, so that's not a bad thing.

• Options
    My counters for dizzy are just to outspeed her with aux lots which can be a problem because people build dizzy ultra thick these days. If she is with a speed looking comp, like flidica, ill just cleave her with auxlots or ml lulu the team as well. But there is also ChampZ and Lilias. Both counter her pretty hard. Lilias is my common counter to her. 200 or more speed lilias usually is under speed for dizzy and just renders her aoe gone. Then take out something.

• Options
    Looking at the math, it looks like the max Sepulcrum I have does just as well as Proof, right?

Sepelcum ML Purrmans is fine. Just make sure he has immunity set and you have the comp to clear out the trash pack without purrgis taking any dmg from them. Proof is more forgiving with the dmg from the trash pack in my experience without immunity but having him on immunity helps out with pvp so much too.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »

The main issue with Achates is that she's Fire. Which means she's at a disadvantage against Dizzy. Part of why folks say the main grind in the game is gear as you need a bunch of different units and good gear is hard as hell to get.

Achates is invincible every second turn and aoe cleanses+heals a lot every second turn. Elemental disadvantage doesn't really mean much. I often use her as bait against water dps due to this. Since she never attacks and is presumably pretty beefy her type doesn't matter.

• Options

Sepelcum ML Purrmans is fine. Just make sure he has immunity set and you have the comp to clear out the trash pack without purrgis taking any dmg from them. Proof is more forgiving with the dmg from the trash pack in my experience without immunity but having him on immunity helps out with pvp so much too.

My PvP is mostly GW and fighting the NPCs so I'm not worried there. I just have him in full HP sets.

• Options
    edited November 2020

My PvP is mostly GW and fighting the NPCs so I'm not worried there. I just have him in full HP sets.

Yeah he does work in gw. I use him in almost every one with all the dark units around. Just want him to die right before the first shield. If your dps can't kill him before with the occasional right after first shield then need to gear up to use the purrmans on w13.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ok well that's pretty dumb; ML Ken that hits me for zero damage due to skill nullifier yet somehow still heals to full after the attack

• Options
    Yep, he will still get the heal from the damage through skill nullifier. Is a godsend when using him, but I can imagine the frustration of it happening against you :P.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    It doesn't make any sense is all, lol. I fought that team again and just deleted the ML Ken first vOv

Unless I hit another wall at Gold I I can probably get into Master with this team.

Rius on
  • Options
    Skill nullifier would be really op if it acted like invincibility/immortality/immunity. While it may not make sense I dont feel it is terribly unbalanced for lifesteal/ml ken to work through it.

• Options
    Just caught up with S3. Man, did these missions turn into a slog lol. So many hit points, I've stopped leveling units and had to go with a real team so each level doesn't take 10 minutes.

• Options
    Oh right, there's an S3. I should do that sometime.