As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    fyi 67 is the cut off. 67+ gets you crafting mats.

• Options
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/6411459

Basar and Lidica banners with their artis. And a puzzle side story. Typical post big patch small week.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ooooh Basar. And I already have Abyssal Crown.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    They are really holding back on this Alencia re-run banner, huh?

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Ooooh Basar. And I already have Abyssal Crown.

But do you already have a +30 abyssal crown for maximum toxicity? 😂

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    It'll be a dual banner with Tenebria's new character this month haha.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    One ten pull.
    84s22b4lruhs.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Keep going! You've only got 111 summon(s) left until you get Lidica!

:?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    I need some of your guys luck. Feeling festive since we put the tree up, I used the 145 galaxy BM's I've been saving. Not a single 5*, and only four 4*'s that were all dupes I couldn't use (only really missing broman).

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Keep going! You've only got 111 summon(s) left until you get Lidica!

:?

And that is why I refuse to do the ten pull option.
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I need some of your guys luck. Feeling festive since we put the tree up, I used the 145 galaxy BM's I've been saving. Not a single 5*, and only four 4*'s that were all dupes I couldn't use (only really missing broman).

145? Goddamn that's a kick in the gibblies.

• Options
    The destruction set is up on amazon prime event thing. I got one decent item out of it and more crafting items for the others.

• Options
    Landy really doing work. I'm almost to Challanger 3 which is as high as I've ever gotten. Challanger 4 is usually easy if I put in time, but after that it gets to be a bit of a slog.

I'm still not sure which build I prefer on her. I tried Bruiser first but she wasn't doing enough damage to the groups she needs to destroy (your ML Krau, Fceci, Tsurin, Roana, etc comps). So now she's sort of in between, with some bulk but an attack ring for way more attack. I've been watching some youtubers going cheese with 2 mages each with Tags, for 4 Souls, allowing for 3 S3's if the enemy has enough buffs on them. Next free un-equip, I might try switching her to cleave.

Also not sure which Arti I like so far. I've been using her Arti right now and it procs all the time, which is really nice. My Dux Noctis is only 2 LB's in, so at the moment it would be less attack but more consistent for longer fights. I'm also having good luck with Drink, as Riolet's still can evade Landy, getting the extra post attack damage is really nice for him and other MLDB users.

• Options
    Looks like we have Mortelix coming with an Elena skin. Yay for another epic pass!

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Im running her maxish dmg with reingar until my tri counter set gets better (4.1k attack, 250cdmg). I gave her a bit of speed (180 without speed boots) as I am trying to use her naturally in bruiser sets. She is still squishy (12k hp 1.2k def) but there are a ton of options to protect individuals now and I did sac some crit dmg for more health and def. She definitely eats face.

The teasers for the next units/skin/or whatever are out on the discord. Looks like a husbando dragon. And perhaps new character or ml. A new years unit is the theme though so that is why i say skin perhaps too. We will know tomorrow heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Elena skin for Epic Pass. They won't show new ML5 until whoever comes after Sigret in Mystics

• Options
    Starlight Elena skin

https://youtu.be/-UOL2JRRr1Y

Mortelix, who looks nuts.

https://youtu.be/Bp3Ga96245g

• Options
    I hope folks have their skystones saved up lol. Elena skin, Mort looks great, and they confirmed the skin winner is going to be a unit, likely limited like SSB. Hopefully Wonderland Tene is in January otherwise Dec will be a bloodbath on my currency.

• Options
    Ha! I have two ML5* units; Flidica and Ruele. And I just galaxy'd another Ruele. Womp womp.

Ten epic artifact charms kind of sounds like a good deal, honestly?

• Options
    For the coins? I'd just save them. Nothing is rarer than a 5* ML unit. While epic charms are enticing, you'll get them over time via Raid.

• Options
    Mortelix looks interesting and is non-limited, but that doesn't mean much when banners are sparse for the dragons it seems and I wouldn't expect his back until middle of next year. We know nothing about Wonderland Tenebria as of yet other than it's probably limited. I have nowhere near the resources to try for her anyway if I want to grab Diene returning this month.

• Options
    I like Mortelix a lot, and I couldn't give a shit less about another Tenebria.

• Options
    He is RGB so chance his injury works against pve. Or did they say something about that and I missed it?

• Options
    I didn't see anything mentioned, but from a coding/development perspective, I'd guess it's the exact same as the set. That's a lot of extra effort to flag his injury mechanic vs the gear set.

I'm thinking about waiting on the Elena skin, even though I like it, and using my skin tickets on it. I've never spent any so I have a decent amount.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    They have special cases in there. Especially with the counter mechanics heh. On a programming front it could be as simple as a flag if they programmed in the set mechanics right.

The banners tomorrow are Lilias and Ravi. Both top end. Ravi may not be for most but she shows up in GW often in the top 300 (we made near into the 200s recently!) and she can be a pain in the ass to deal with if built in the bruiser meta sense. And I got a stun off today in my gw on a krau lol. I just brought her in as bait that could die and she ate his dmg like a champ. She is like 25k hp and high def but you know...

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    He is RGB so chance his injury works against pve. Or did they say something about that and I missed it?

Melissa crying in the corner.

• Options
    Mort looks like he will be a beast. His kit is loaded. Very curious what his multis will be.

Pulling mort and potential alencia imprints is going to be rough.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I can't imagine morts injury working on bosses, they must have forgotten to write it in his skill descriptions. They have been very careful with special mechanics not working in pve lately.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Ew, Operator Sigret is running with Haste this week and Ludwig next week. Though I think I'm gonna hold off on summons until I see what new ML unit is next, because there's somewhat decent odds it could be Archdemon Mercedes if they follow their suggested timeline.

• Options
    Boo, no OSig in 21 pulls, no Ravi or scythe in 40.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I got a second Ravi in 10 pulls, which was nice. What I really wanted was another scythe, but gotta save resources for christmas stuff now.

• Options
    20 pulls to pity for Sigret. Gonna miss out!

• Options
    Welp, I was saving my pulls for Sigret (Regular Sig is my best unit, I wuvs her) and got nothin. Boo.

Then, feeling sorry for myself, I pulled a whole bunch on the Lillias banner... and got nothing but 3 stars. Not even a consolation 4! Bad end...

• Options
    I usually have to force myself to stop pulling if things aren't going well. So far I've never had an experience in this game where pulling nothing, then pulling elsewhere worked out. I have no idea if it's just imaginary or if there are systems behind the scenes, sort of weighted RNG.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Mystics never give you anything good until you pity. Always assume that and you'll be fine.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I usually have to force myself to stop pulling if things aren't going well. So far I've never had an experience in this game where pulling nothing, then pulling elsewhere worked out. I have no idea if it's just imaginary or if there are systems behind the scenes, sort of weighted RNG.

Man it sure feels that way. God I have a love/hate relationship with Gacha. I mean, the reason I came back to Epic 7 is because, behind the gross Gacha system, there's actually a really engaging Role Playing Game here! The Gacha detracts from this game's qualities for me, it doesn't add to them! I play DESPITE the Gacha!

WARNING WARNING RANT INCOMING

Had Epic 7 instead come out using a more "normal" (interpret that as you will) model, heck, on a console, even, this would have been fully and completely up my alley! The art direction and even writing here are legitimately good! I even like that, even though yes, you have your requisite scantily-clad buxom waifus here, they are hardly the standard, with a big roster of non-sexualized characters to fill out the cast!

Even the ones that are depicted in questionable ways in their key art are not treated that way in-game. I barely recall any character referring to another's sexual attractiveness in the story, and there are no embarrassing "dating" mechanics like in some other games (I'm looking at you, Illusion Connect). You do get some vestiges of it with the "friendship" mechanic, so it's not totally free and clear, but friendship applies to all characters, regardless of what they look like... anyways, I digress.

I mean, imagine how much more engaging Guild Battles would be if every player had the potential to be on a level playing field! The only reason I currently pay attention to Guild battles is out of obligation to the Guild, not because I find them fun. I have to hunt and peck at the opponent's buildings until I find a team I think I can beat based on meta-gaming psychology (oh, that one has a Ras, they must be a noob, I can win). That's not fun, that's not challenging, it's tedious at best. Of course, half the time, there is no such team, so instead, I have to throw my characters into some whale's meatgrinder just to get a pittance in points.

Imagine, say, one day, you take on another player and think to yourself "He's fielding Ras? Must be a noob, easy win!" only to get your ass kicked because they were using a strange setup you hadn't considered before. Imagine if all characters were viable, even Ras and Mercedes and all the three stars, if you just outfitted them in an appropriate fashion (yes yes, I know some three stars can be good, but that's hardly the rule and doesn't disprove my point)! Sure, maybe it means more work would have to go into balancing, but maybe you could take the resources focused on stupid marketing gimmicks to appeal to whales and shift them to actual, you know, gameplay and shit.

I would legit pay upfront for a version of Epic 7 (Same story, same art, same basic RPG functionality) on Switch that plays like a normal RPG with normal RPG progression with periodic updates that add more content (Something like the current Monster Hunter business model). Heck, I'd even pay more for "expansions" if you prefer to do it that way (and provided the quality of the expansions matched that of the base game), but I'm so, so tired of the "dime and grind" model, made all the more frustrating by the fact that there's a legit good game underneath.

I paid for a month pack to show my appreciation but at this rate, once the month is up, I may have to fade into the sunset again. I had a lot more fun when I first came back and got to spend all of my accumulated loot and play with the new features. Now that that shine is worn off, I'm back to the daily grind and locked out of the content I actually want to do because I don't have enough resources to field the teams I actually want to field, don't have access to the characters I actually want to play with, and grinding is anti-fun. I don't care about auto-running Wyvern all day with my phone plugged in because your game is a huge resource hog. I don't enjoy wasting resources on a piece of gear that looks promising at first only to get screwed over by RNG post-facto. That's not what I came back for! I'm here for the characters, the art direction, the writing, and yes, even the occasionally challenging gameplay when said gameplay is actually focused on a neat boss mechanic that I actually have to puzzle around and not just making sure I've grinded enough to get a specific character to the place I need for a given situation only to never use that character again.

I swear, sometimes it feels like Gacha games are like a failing marriage. Part of you knows that somewhere inside this game is the game you fell in love with, and you've invested so much into this relationship that you don't want to admit it's over. You know there's good in this game, but it's been a real piece of shit lately and won't give up its nasty habits! At some point, you just have to just admit to yourself you're just enabling shitty behavior and say enough is enough!

Sorry for the rant, but dammit Epic 7, I want to love you! Why won't you let me?

• Options
    I can agree for the most part. Tiering units on stars I dont hate and so I find that 3 stars being "sub par" a necessity of the kind of system. I understand your point but they have put in systems to make some better and they have been buffing core aspect of the 3 stars to bring them up. I see people with Adlays now owning meta teams and its hilarious. SCs, for the most part, make the 3 stars top units. SC Ras is one of the best tanks in all aspects of the game. They are trying at least.

One of the big problems with the genre, moreso in this game than others to a point, is that you are just fed the meta by the content creators. You can do everything in the game, including pvp stuff, with group comps off meta. And get very far into it. PVE it is shown all the time that you can do it all with 3* on every front. In fact there are now rewards for doing it heh. Other gachas have creators that are bigger and show more varied teams and comps and builds. Here it is all speed still because that is what the 1% does and you need to be there even if you dont plan on being there.

I agree that given an rpg of this game I would be on that in a second as well. But compared to other gachas this one is still the least intrusive, by a mile, of the gachas with pvp. There are many pve gachas out there that are great rpgs cycles. Like Opera Omina.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I can agree for the most part. Tiering units on stars I dont hate and so I find that 3 stars being "sub par" a necessity of the kind of system. I understand your point but they have put in systems to make some better and they have been buffing core aspect of the 3 stars to bring them up. I see people with Adlays now owning meta teams and its hilarious. SCs, for the most part, make the 3 stars top units. SC Ras is one of the best tanks in all aspects of the game. They are trying at least.

One of the big problems with the genre, moreso in this game than others to a point, is that you are just fed the meta by the content creators. You can do everything in the game, including pvp stuff, with group comps off meta. And get very far into it. PVE it is shown all the time that you can do it all with 3* on every front. In fact there are now rewards for doing it heh. Other gachas have creators that are bigger and show more varied teams and comps and builds. Here it is all speed still because that is what the 1% does and you need to be there even if you dont plan on being there.

I agree that given an rpg of this game I would be on that in a second as well. But compared to other gachas this one is still the least intrusive, by a mile, of the gachas with pvp. There are many pve gachas out there that are great rpgs cycles. Like Opera Omina.

I agree, which is why I'm so frustrated.

I've played a whole bunch of Gacha by now and Epic 7 and FFRK are the only ones I've ever returned to after leaving.

(FFRK has nostalgia going for it, which is my main excuse for that one, FFIV and VI were formative games for me, so the fact that it adheres so closely to those aesthetics are what keeps bringing me back. The way they keep "de-making" the new games plus the way they continuously try to invent goofy ways how old-school characters can keep up with the power creep I find quite amusing.

FFBE, Mobius (which is now dead) and that other Dissidia based one didn't do it for me because they cleaved too close to wanting it both ways by being their own thing wrapped in a Final Fantasy cloak. But anyways...)

Epic 7 is an entirely brand new (relatively) property that not only managed to grab me, but even managed to bring me back after I spent some time faffing about with its contemporaries. The fact that it hasn't yet spawned an anime series or a more mainstream offering is actually kinda mind-boggling to me, because, in my opinion, it has what it takes, and it certainly has the talent! I guess I keep playing in the vain hope that someday the game will mysteriously transform into the game it actually should be, instead of what it is. Maybe by supporting them, I can will this into existence or something :p

Sadly, Gacha, to me, feels a bit like the Video Game equivalent of Reality TV. Earnest start (I liked Survivor back in the day!), but then got inundated by bandwagon jumpers, and now the market is decided by its lowest common denominator, instead of the highest. Now, even its best examples feel like they have to adhere to this shitty (but profitable!) business model to stay competitive, even if they might have shined even brighter had they had the bravery to deviate away from it.

• Options
    l5xsr62l.jpg

Covenant > Galaxy

Also just so happens to be my most wanted ML5. Gonna make my GW defense extra annoying.

• Options
    I'm pretty close to pitying Ravi, heh. Can definitely pity her in the next couple days, or whenever we get a new event. I did pick up Sigurd Scythe along the way, at least.