As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The General [chat] Thread

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my roommate's boyfriend just went on a conspiracy rant. she had him on speakerphone. it was the craziest shit i've ever heard. i think this might have been qanon stuff? he was saying like, don't you ever notice the little q in the corner while watching tv? all the world's rich people traffic in children as sex slaves and epstein was part of it- but so was oprah and so is justin trudeau. they're all in it to overthrow donald, as he's the only one trying to expose them.

i don't even think this counts as politics because he didn't actually say anything in support of the president, or about his policies. but holy shit.

it was drug addict on the street crazy. one of the most surreal things i've ever heard. he goes like ok well i'm getting tired- tomorrow i'll send you some stuff to read about all this. my roommate says ok, hangs up, looks at me- 'am i gonna have to break up with my boyfriend of four years'

uh, maybe yes!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah that’s Q shit alright

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Crusader Kings (769-1453)
    Atomika wrote: »
    “Help! I’m turning into a pile of bees! With a dope-ass purple cape!”

I love that his entire body is made out of bees and all he wears is a purple cape and white gloves

But he had to take off his left glove to shoot bees at Spider-Man

Also he appears to have eyeballs and teeth

where did he get the eyeballs and teeth from

Oh I forgot to mention, not only is he a pile of bees with a purple cape, he’s also a nazi skeleton that’s animated by a pile of bees with a purple cape
    7oLd8Bj.jpg
    YrQvJw8.jpg

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    If QAnon was about nazi bee skeletons trying to take over the world, it might be more believable

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Because I forget every year: You only need to report IRA or 401(k) stuff if you do stuff outside of your employer or you cash it, right?

So I don't need to hunt down forms on horrible websites?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    P10 wrote: »
    did you tell the teen that's a red flag

No, I'm going to be looking to adopt a kid in about a year, so this works out great for me.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    New PC parts: ORDERED

Just have to wait like two weeks to get it all. And of course the motherboard is coming last. Gotta shop for better case fans and maybe an RGB strip in the meantime?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    New PC parts: ORDERED

Just have to wait like two weeks to get it all. And of course the motherboard is coming last. Gotta shop for better case fans and maybe an RGB strip in the meantime?
    It only it was called the fatherboard then it would come way too quickly am I right ladies

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    “Help! I’m turning into a pile of bees! With a dope-ass purple cape!”

I love that his entire body is made out of bees and all he wears is a purple cape and white gloves

But he had to take off his left glove to shoot bees at Spider-Man

Also he appears to have eyeballs and teeth

where did he get the eyeballs and teeth from

It was the 70s. Every villain had gloves and a cape.

The eyeballs were obviously ping-pong balls like a muppet

• Options
    Nazi skeletons wrapped in a capeful o’ bees are the only right-wingers I have time for

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Europa Universalis (1444-1821)
    Mare Nostrum as Byzantium was fun

• Options
    Nazi skeletons wrapped in a capeful o’ bees are the only right-wingers I have time for

What about a dragon learning to fly that keeps veering to the right

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-results.html
    Democrats scored a significant victory in Wisconsin on Monday night when a liberal challenger upset a Trump-backed incumbent to win a State Supreme Court seat, a down-ballot race that illustrated strong turnout and vote-by-mail efforts in a presidential battleground state.

The victory, by upward of 120,000 votes as of Monday night, came as a shock to Republicans and Democrats alike in Wisconsin, where contests for president, governor and the state’s high court in the last four years have all been decided by about 30,000 votes or less. It followed weeks of Democratic anger over Republicans’ insistence on holding elections amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The voting rights thread is closed so I just want to celebrate this quietly here ( Hakkekage )

While reducing voting numbers is generally good for republicans, I wonder if they ended up sabotaging themselves, since their older demo is much more at risk of covid and perhaps less likely to risk going out to crowded polls.

Will be interesting to see what the voter turnout looks like when the numbers get crunched

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Bah! Who would watch that?

• Options
    Or wait since the dragon's right wing would be the problem in this wordplay scenario would it veer to the left?

Wow this joke has been dissected.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    my roommate's boyfriend just went on a conspiracy rant. she had him on speakerphone. it was the craziest shit i've ever heard. i think this might have been qanon stuff? he was saying like, don't you ever notice the little q in the corner while watching tv? all the world's rich people traffic in children as sex slaves and epstein was part of it- but so was oprah and so is justin trudeau. they're all in it to overthrow donald, as he's the only one trying to expose them.

i don't even think this counts as politics because he didn't actually say anything in support of the president, or about his policies. but holy shit.

it was drug addict on the street crazy. one of the most surreal things i've ever heard. he goes like ok well i'm getting tired- tomorrow i'll send you some stuff to read about all this. my roommate says ok, hangs up, looks at me- 'am i gonna have to break up with my boyfriend of four years'

uh, maybe yes!

Maybe we're all missing out on the inner peace that you can only obtain from conspiracy theories

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

9zZ0OCm.jpg

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm sat here trying to wrap my coconut around the little q in the corner of the TV, trying to figure out what the fuck that could be. Best I got is the power symbol, looks kinda like a capital Q if your eyes are busted, I guess. But he did specifically say "little" q, so it can't be capitalized.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors is a very nice family with a grandmother, three young daughters, husband and wife all living in a p nice condo. Husband and wife are in their 50s and exceedingly normal.

Their wifi network is called "5girls1router"

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Do we think the kids did it? Is it the freaky grandma? Is the wife low key extremely online?

Is it something they thought was cute, in their innocence

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Ooh shit, we gettin' hazard pay. Extra $2 an hour, nyum nyum nyum.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

uh, maybe yes!

Maybe we're all missing out on the inner peace that you can only obtain from conspiracy theories

Like every other personality defect, habitual belief in conspiracies is due to an extremely fragile ego that searches desperately for fulfillment, to the point of substituting its own reality of which it has mastery over.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Tree style browser tabs are the

1dp80wpsy2rp.png

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the q stuff is only weird because they think donald trump somehow isn't part of the international pedophile cabal. otherwise it makes sense

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors is a very nice family with a grandmother, three young daughters, husband and wife all living in a p nice condo. Husband and wife are in their 50s and exceedingly normal.

Their wifi network is called "5girls1router"

Where in, DK reveals that one of his kinks is logging into wholesome family's routers with the default password and changing the SSID.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Hrm I have a motherboard with Asus "aura sync" so I can plug rgb strips into it. I demand light recommendations! Also I should probably get better fans for my nzxt 710 so case fan recommendations? Who are our chat pc build aficionados?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Grurple

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I want my conspiracy theories to have aliens and interdimensional DMT elves dammit

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Taxes done.

Such a huge waste of time and anxiety.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Zavian wrote: »
    I want my conspiracy theories to have aliens and interdimensional DMT elves dammit

Everything since 2015 is just the aliens and machine elves taking bets

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

uh, maybe yes!

It amazes me just how far we've gone down the rabbit hole now. People who I knew were fiscally conservative or even socially conservative are now bat-shit-crazy, spewing rabid conspires about how china is trying to poison us and how we should all go back to work or the terrorist win.

We live in strange times.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Yeah, after listening to some Reply All episodes about conspiracy theories, I've stopped believing that they are harmless fun (I never thought they were fun or interesting but thought that other people could indulge in them as a fun eccentric habit or w/e) and have decided that they promote dangerous non-reality-based thinking and harmful attitudes. Also my people are often targeted (you mean lizard people, were you not just talking about how you don't make your own body heat? ok yes but no I mean the jews obviously) and that tends to feel not harmless.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    Any good PS4 games you folks would recommend I get into at the moment to relieve some pent up angst and agressions over our current political and existential crises?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ve been enjoying Death Stranding

But it feels very topical right now so you may not want that if you’re looking for escapism

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    lizard people are real but they don't want to control the world, just every thermostat

• Options
    Death Stranding is hecka bleak, but also very uplifting and heartwarming. There's no negative feedback, it ends up feeling kinda cosy in a weird way.

FF7 Remake is wonderful so far! Some of the expanded material can feel a little bit bloated, but it's the good kind. One of my favorite new additions:
    on the way to bomb Reactor 5, there's a new section where the party has to navigate the underside of a Plate. The elevator up needs power, so they got to reroute it from some "Sun Lamps" which are exactly what they sound like; massive lightbulbs to provide daylight to the slums.

That's some dope shit, finally explains that key art for FF7 of the massive lights coming out of the Shinra building... though it doesn't really clarify why those ones were angled sideways and above the plate, I suppose ;p

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    the q stuff is only weird because they think donald trump somehow isn't part of the international pedophile cabal. otherwise it makes sense

The idea of Donald Trump being some kind of secret crusader for human decency is . . . a very special kind of delusion

• Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    Hmm... Maybe I'll just have to finally finish my playthrough of Mad Max or revisit Doom? Alas, both are topical at the moment I'd say! Can't decide on anything in particular. I just wanna punch something real good and not work through a whole coreography chart of tactics and strategy, ala God of War. (perfect game, btw)

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

The idea of Donald Trump being some kind of secret crusader for human decency is . . . a very special kind of delusion

I kind of want to see an adaptation of mother night by Kurt Vonnegut with Donald Trump in the Howard W Campbell Jr role.

This discussion has been closed.