As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The General [chat] Thread

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    the q stuff is only weird because they think donald trump somehow isn't part of the international pedophile cabal. otherwise it makes sense

The idea of Donald Trump being some kind of secret crusader for human decency is . . . a very special kind of delusion

I kind of want to see an adaptation of mother night by Kurt Vonnegut with Donald Trump in the Howard W Campbell Jr role.

After his presidency is done, I would prefer if I never heard about him ever again.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Crusader Kings (769-1453)
    Jokerman wrote: »
    the q stuff is only weird because they think donald trump somehow isn't part of the international pedophile cabal. otherwise it makes sense

The idea of Donald Trump being some kind of secret crusader for human decency is . . . a very special kind of delusion

I kind of want to see an adaptation of mother night by Kurt Vonnegut with Donald Trump in the Howard W Campbell Jr role.

After his presidency is done, I would prefer if I never heard about him ever again.

2525: Cybertrumps rule the countryside. Mankind has taken to the oceans for refuge.

• Options
    4qi94tj899ik.jpeg

• Options
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    morning, bogart!

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I caught a snapping turtle in animal crossing and the little info talk Blathers gave on it had me actually lollin
    The snapping turtle is a large turtle known for it's crocodile-like body and long claws. No, wait--

It is better known for it's ferocious bite, which it can deliver with shocking speed for a turtle. NO, WAIT--

IT IS BEST KNOWN for that time one chased me across a parking lot and I had to climb on top of a car.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    @jungleroomx how bad an idea is it to run an NH-D15s for a 3900x, instead of the regular NH-D15? Anyone else with this knowledge please advise.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    morning, bogart!

Mornin', @Dynagrip. How goes life?

I have avowed to start programming again and signed up for some classes on edX. I think I'm going to do some front end stuff and maybe retake a python class.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I caught a snapping turtle in animal crossing and the little info talk Blathers gave on it had me actually lollin
    The snapping turtle is a large turtle known for it's crocodile-like body and long claws. No, wait--

It is better known for it's ferocious bite, which it can deliver with shocking speed for a turtle. NO, WAIT--

IT IS BEST KNOWN for that time one chased me across a parking lot and I had to climb on top of a car.

Snapping turtles are the best. Place one and "activate" it with A if you haven't yet.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Europa Universalis (1444-1821)
    credeiki wrote: »
    Yeah, after listening to some Reply All episodes about conspiracy theories, I've stopped believing that they are harmless fun (I never thought they were fun or interesting but thought that other people could indulge in them as a fun eccentric habit or w/e) and have decided that they promote dangerous non-reality-based thinking and harmful attitudes. Also my people are often targeted (you mean lizard people, were you not just talking about how you don't make your own body heat? ok yes but no I mean the jews obviously) and that tends to feel not harmless.

I think most people engage in magical, non-reality based thinking about politics, where they have unfalsifiable theses about how the forces of evil are coordinated behind all the things they don’t like whereas the forces of good are in a beleaguered and martyrly siege.

Part of what’s surprising about conspiracy theories, imo, isn’t that it’s magical thinking, it’s that it’s so specific and that it doesn’t line up with what anyone’s selling. When people believe non reality based things for social reasons there’s usually a more obvious explanation, like, oh, this is flattering for you to pretend to be true, or it’s what’s said in polite company, or you read news sources that all pretend this is true, or—

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i just found an unopened 300g bag of snickers i forgot i had. now i have to deal with this situation.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Europa Universalis (1444-1821)
    i don't think "reality-based thinking" really exists, though

like maybe it's theoretically possible but i've yet to meet a single person who actually does it

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just found an unopened 300g bag of snickers i forgot i had. now i have to deal with this situation.

The testing of the modern day Job has begun. Next will come the trial of the internet outages, followed by the temptress outside the window who is sexy but has this bad cough.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    i don't think "reality-based thinking" really exists, though

like maybe it's theoretically possible but i've yet to meet a single person who actually does it
    lemme tell you about my youtube channel tho

• Options
    Personally, the Illuminati are my favorite conspiracy boogeymen

Such a frightful bunch they are! Encouraging literacy and collective action and scientific reasoning to enact their New World Order! Who will save the idiot schmucks of the world from this travesty!?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Sit in your car near a park and hand it out to children

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    There’s so many small parables in the Bible

I bet if we condensed those books it be a lot peppier

Divvy up some of those stories to more dynamic characters

Moses parted the Red Sea only to be swallowed by a whale as he crossed. He got free when he cut off the whale’s foreskin.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Crusader Kings (769-1453)
    Sexy cough

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    knitdan wrote: »

Oh so we are trying to get chu arrested for terrorism now

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Getting nice rgb into my computer while also cooling it properly is an anxiety inducing nightmare of weird cables and not enough space. I just want it to look nice and also work well, why is this so hard?! I am going to go to bed and have nightmares about rgb

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Oh so we are trying to get chu arrested for terrorism now

Honk Honk

sig.gif
  • Options
    I thought 'chu had the rona

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Working from home, more like farting from home.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    ugh my gut is so fucked this morning

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I thought 'chu had the rona

I have already decided not to eat these for fear of stray caramel tickling my throat and making me cough

Organichu on
  • Options
    why the fuck is my internet so slow right now

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    also hey Disney+

stop fucking editing the goddamn content. you're bad at it

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

*farts a lot*

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Someone on the local expat group is asking about what museums are good to visit right now. Did...you just land on our planet?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

*farts a lot*

oh I wish

this is just cramps and cramps and *opens mailbox* MORE CRAMPS

• Options

*farts a lot*

oh I wish

My gut is doing that IBS thing where there's just that low-key threat of imminent poops, unless I actually try to do advanced stuff like "go grocery shopping" in which case it'll go "oh no you don't"

• Options

*farts a lot*

oh I wish

My gut is doing that IBS thing where there's just that low-key threat of imminent poops, unless I actually try to do advanced stuff like "go grocery shopping" in which case it'll go "oh no you don't"

Something I ate last night is super not agreeing with me, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. I just wish my gut would get a move on and get rid of it.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    I pooped before hiking to make sure that I didn't have to poop while hiking. Cue a panicked hour where I stop every fifteen minutes to try not to shit my pants in front of well dressed German hikers. Make it down to the house. I get husband to open garage door because I can't even make it down to the stairs. I do the freeze which is like stage 9 of trying not to shit myself. Almost shit myself in the garage in front of people. But the wave passed and I made it into the house and toilet. Fuck IBS.

• Options
    I pooped before hiking to make sure that I didn't have to poop while hiking. Cue a panicked hour where I stop every fifteen minutes to try not to shit my pants in front of well dressed German hikers. Make it down to the house. I get husband to open garage door because I can't even make it down to the stairs. I do the freeze which is like stage 9 of trying not to shit myself. Almost shit myself in the garage in front of people. But the wave passed and I made it into the house and toilet. Fuck IBS.

This sounds like an emergency, why didn’t you call me

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    also hey Disney+

stop fucking editing the goddamn content. you're bad at it
    More like Disney minus imo

This discussion has been closed.