As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The General [chat] Thread

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Crusader Kings (769-1453)
    Someone on the local expat group is asking about what museums are good to visit right now. Did...you just land on our planet?

alas Well's Martians, died of insufficient social distancing

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    First morning back in my apartment, back to being on my own

I made coffee, broke out some oreos to dip in said coffee, just taking a morning of just enjoying things fully

but now half my oreo broke off and fell into the coffee and liquefied before I could get a spoon fuck everything everything's fucked it's fucked

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I got another trio of oreos let's give contentedness another shot

EDIT: It happened again, the world is beyond hope

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

In a normal world, I would be leaving Heathrow on a train to London right now, on my way to my hotel, with three weeks of vacation ahead of me. Instead, I’m looking forward to another ten hour day working from home.

As far as tragedy from Covid goes, mine is a pretty minor #firstworldproblem, but I’m still pretty sad about it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    It's okay to mourn your lost plans. You don't have to compare it to anyone else. You looked forward to holiday I bet.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    In a normal world, I would be leaving Heathrow on a train to London right now, on my way to my hotel, with three weeks of vacation ahead of me. Instead, I’m looking forward to another ten hour day working from home.

As far as tragedy from Covid goes, mine is a pretty minor #firstworldproblem, but I’m still pretty sad about it.

yeah dude I mean didn't you read my posts above yours

have some perspective

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oreos are trash tier cookies. They're just proving my point for me here.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    We watched Onward, it was cute. I liked it more than Toy Story 4 anyway, confirming I'm not entirely dead inside.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We watched Onward, it was cute. I liked it more than Toy Story 4 anyway, confirming I'm not entirely dead inside.

The little I've read has questioned the choice of Chris Pratt as the voice actor for the older brother, suggesting that Jack Black would have made way more sense.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

The little I've read has questioned the choice of Chris Pratt as the voice actor for the older brother, suggesting that Jack Black would have made way more sense.

It would of been so on the nose to the point of typecasting

• Options
    It's okay to mourn your lost plans. You don't have to compare it to anyone else. You looked forward to holiday I bet.

I mean, not when the loss of my half of an oreo was still so raw

but generally speaking yes

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Crusader Kings (769-1453)
    I'm really eeehhrhhhhh with the Nintendo Switch now. I've seen this previously but especially now where I will probably be away from home for a few weeks.

There is so extremely little that I personally want to play on it. Fire Emblem, Mario - loved them. Great experiences I'm glad to have owned a Switch just for those. But looking at the eshop now there is just nothing.

There's a bunch of discrete entities on the shop for sure. I've played a lot of them elsewhere already, sometimes years ago. There are versions of games on there which I would rather play elsewhere instead. Like Witcher 3, sure I could play it on the Switch especially now. But I won't finish that game in three weeks anyway, then I would come back and wish I was playing on the PS4 instead with better graphics and performance.

Sure I would like to try Treasure Tracker but I don't want to pay €50 for a 6 year old game that is pretty short. That game should be €15 on the eshop.

Unless Switch is your only gaming place or you are away from home a lot a lot a lot there's just so little on there still.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Dynagrip wrote: »

It would of been so on the nose to the point of typecasting

I'm not sure there's anything in Jack Black's career that suggests he cares about being typecast

Burnage on
  • Options
    but for real though, like sure, first world problem, because that's all we have, but not all that minor

vacations are important, and if your mind is anything like mine, cancelling a vacation is a lot worse than not having one in the first place

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    So I got one of them newfangled pairs of wireless headphones, the over-the-ear kind. It's so weird not having a wire dangling along my left side. Also I can get up to pee without pausing my music/podcast/audiobook.

Definitely recommended, except I wish Philips would make a wireless version of the SHP9500 because nothing will ever be as comfortable as those headphones.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    OremLK wrote: »
    So I got one of them newfangled pairs of wireless headphones, the over-the-ear kind. It's so weird not having a wire dangling along my left side. Also I can get up to pee without pausing my music/podcast/audiobook.

Definitely recommended, except I wish Philips would make a wireless version of the SHP9500 because nothing will ever be as comfortable as those headphones.

it's so nice

I've had bluetooth headphones for years, because being out and about or on the bus without the hassle of a wire through my jacket is very nice

and my relatively new ones are very nice and have a great sound and battery life, my main niggle is that the touch control over the ear is kind of a stupid gimmick, and also that it takes way way too much time to inform me of stuff like low battery because some voice has to say it very slowly. Instead of, y'know, like other headphones or comms I'm used to, which go "beep".

which ones do you have

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »

it's so nice

I've had bluetooth headphones for years, because being out and about or on the bus without the hassle of a wire through my jacket is very nice

which ones do you have

Got this Corsair gaming headset on sale for use with my computer because reviewers said it had similarly light clamping force to my Philips pair. That was incorrect, as it turns out, but they're still fairly comfortable.

A bluetooth pair does sound really nice on the go!

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, I'm not going back to wired stuff ever again.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Organichu wrote: »
    my roommate's boyfriend just went on a conspiracy rant. she had him on speakerphone. it was the craziest shit i've ever heard. i think this might have been qanon stuff? he was saying like, don't you ever notice the little q in the corner while watching tv? all the world's rich people traffic in children as sex slaves and epstein was part of it- but so was oprah and so is justin trudeau. they're all in it to overthrow donald, as he's the only one trying to expose them.

i don't even think this counts as politics because he didn't actually say anything in support of the president, or about his policies. but holy shit.

it was drug addict on the street crazy. one of the most surreal things i've ever heard. he goes like ok well i'm getting tired- tomorrow i'll send you some stuff to read about all this. my roommate says ok, hangs up, looks at me- 'am i gonna have to break up with my boyfriend of four years'

uh, maybe yes!

Not maybe yes. Absolutely yes.
    Jokerman wrote: »
    my roommate's boyfriend just went on a conspiracy rant. she had him on speakerphone. it was the craziest shit i've ever heard. i think this might have been qanon stuff? he was saying like, don't you ever notice the little q in the corner while watching tv? all the world's rich people traffic in children as sex slaves and epstein was part of it- but so was oprah and so is justin trudeau. they're all in it to overthrow donald, as he's the only one trying to expose them.

i don't even think this counts as politics because he didn't actually say anything in support of the president, or about his policies. but holy shit.

it was drug addict on the street crazy. one of the most surreal things i've ever heard. he goes like ok well i'm getting tired- tomorrow i'll send you some stuff to read about all this. my roommate says ok, hangs up, looks at me- 'am i gonna have to break up with my boyfriend of four years'

uh, maybe yes!

It amazes me just how far we've gone down the rabbit hole now. People who I knew were fiscally conservative or even socially conservative are now bat-shit-crazy, spewing rabid conspires about how china is trying to poison us and how we should all go back to work or the terrorist win.

We live in strange times.

Social media was a mistake.

It turns out there is value to editorial revue.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    XsVSfPA.jpg

• Options
    Thanks, I hate it!

• Options
    MZTaz10.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    Chu that's definitely QAnon. I had a German woman stop me on the street to give me the same exact explanation as spit flew from her mouth (pre-Covid). That shit is tooooootally off the rails insane and I can't discriminate between people who are into conspiracy theories and people who are paranoid schizophrenics because QAnon conspiracies are so inconsistent and word salady that it might as well be the same thing functionally.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chu that's definitely QAnon. I had a German woman stop me on the street to give me the same exact explanation as spit flew from her mouth (pre-Covid). That shit is tooooootally off the rails insane and I can't discriminate between people who are into conspiracy theories and people who are paranoid schizophrenics because QAnon conspiracies are so inconsistent and word salady that it might as well be the same thing functionally.

Damn. Are these the ‘shoot up a pizza shop with sex slaves in the basement’ people

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Every company website I look at these days seems to have a section on their human trafficking policy

While I guess it's a useful bit of information, it always makes me think of this tweet

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Damn. Are these the ‘shoot up a pizza shop with sex slaves in the basement’ people

Yes, kinda. Hilary Clinton, of course, is the Madame who runs the underage sex carousel in the basement of Chuck E Cheeses and whatnot (which makes perfect sense, that’s where the kids are, idiot...)

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    some 5g conspiracy theorists burned down a tower in Donegal, Ireland

except it was just your regular old 3 and 4g tower and they're after causing real issues for the local infrastructure

oooop

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eamon Holmes was touting the 5G = Coronavirus theory on morning TV the other day. Hopefully this will get his useless, dumb self fired.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh (and other comic people) to return the favor: Check out the YouTube channel „Strange Brain Parts“.
    It’s almost scholarly, but/and quite interesting.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Europa Universalis (1444-1821)
    Bogart wrote: »
    Eamon Holmes was touting the 5G = Coronavirus theory on morning TV the other day. Hopefully this will get his useless, dumb self fired.

Eww

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i tried to explain pizzagate to my dad recently and i think he thinks i just made up a really dumb thing to pull his leg

he didn't take me seriously at all

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    i tried to explain pizzagate to my dad recently and i think he thinks i just made up a really dumb thing to pull his leg

To be fair

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

New conspiracy theory: nobody actually spreads conspiracy theories apart from people trying to discredit them

All conspiracy theories are made up by people trying to make other people look bad

Any time you see a post or tweet or anything that looks like it's showing a conspiracy theory, it was placed there so other people can screenshot it and take about how crazy people are

It's all a conspiracy by Web2.0 to generate traffic

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    The moon landing was staged. By the CIA's secret studio on Mars.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The moon landing was staged by the deep state mole people who rule over the hollow earth. The hollow earth is also the distant past. Which explains why 5g/thetans cause <<religion>>

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The moon landing was filmed on the moon but only because it was less unpleasant than working with Stanley Kubrick.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Stellaris (20XX)
    We are finally out of groceries after a month (p good shopping skills tbh)

But that means I have to get geared up and go get stuff at like 8am during the immunocompromised shoppers time at Aldi because my wife is pretty unhealthy

Wish me luck friendos, surrounded by boomers who don't follow the rules, just like last time

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i was flipping through a pdf copy of the monster manual for 5e and i just hate the aesthetics of this edition so much

everything looks kind of grey and like it was generated by a computer algorithm and i hate it

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    We are finally out of groceries after a month (p good shopping skills tbh)

But that means I have to get geared up and go get stuff at like 8am during the immunocompromised shoppers time at Aldi because my wife is pretty unhealthy

Wish me luck friendos, surrounded by boomers who don't follow the rules, just like last time

@Arch

IDK how it works in your area but here we have a one person per household limit for groceries to reduce the amount of people in the grocery store.

This discussion has been closed.