As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Standard is not very enjoyable right now. DH is still too strong, priests are the worst most unfun opponents to face and galakrond rogues have absolutely ridiculous value that is hard to compete against.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Standard is not very enjoyable right now. DH is still too strong, priests are the worst most unfun opponents to face and galakrond rogues have absolutely ridiculous value that is hard to compete against.

I pretty much auto-concede against Priests nowadays

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying Highlander Priest a lot and the Highlander Priest mirror (well, Galakrond too, but) is one of the most crazy fucking god-knows-what'll-happen mirrors ever and I love it

It goes to fatigue every time it is insane and crazy and matches are like 20-30 minutes long but I love it

Like look at this crazy fuckin shit:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/rjJn3CwHaLTgwEskZDsPnQ
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/jTVwMGMkNrwGxdv9JMz4QN

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    i was so secure in my victory against this dh then he double skulled had an insane altruis turn and double warglaived my face in

oh look its all three of the dh problem cards

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i was so secure in my victory against this dh then he double skulled had an insane altruis turn and double warglaived my face in

end of my turn/start of his turn:
    Qdv0QH3.png

end of his turn/start of my turn:
    lPYuvFd.png

real tired of this shit

i cleared with plague, didn't matter, lost anyway

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I finally cleared 8k! I've been on a good roll this week and even found ways to salvaging my shitty starts to like a top4, top5 placing and not drop too many points. Feels good.

593tb2xy3kzv.jpg

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

real tired of this shit

So what did he actually play on that turn to do that? It doesn't seem like he should have had the mana for all that? Or does the replay not show card discounts or something?

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Must be it

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Those 3 DH cards are so oppressive. I’m not sure I want another year of Skull and Altruis without changes.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    forty wrote: »

real tired of this shit

So what did he actually play on that turn to do that? It doesn't seem like he should have had the mana for all that? Or does the replay not show card discounts or something?

He played Skull a turn prior, so he dumped:

- 1 Mana Altruis
    - 0 Mana Questing
    - Twin Slice/Second Slice
    - 0 Mana Satyr
    - Second Skull (6 mana)
    - 0 Mana Shadowhoof
    - 2 Mana Metamorphosis
    - 0 Mana Chaos Strike

:rotate:

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Well he pretty much hit the absolute nuts on his Skull. Half of mine are like Twin Slice, Battlefiend, Eye Beam (which is now 1 mana since it was the last card drawn).

Edit: On a related note, Asmodai was the god of playing Rogue Galakrond into double Backstab draw.

forty on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Those 3 DH cards are so oppressive. I’m not sure I want another year of Skull and Altruis without changes.

I'd like to see Altruis returned back to 3 cost, but with a line added: "Every time you play a card, cards cost 1 more to play until end of turn." So you play him for 3, and then at most you have four more cards to play that turn. The first card would cost 0 mana more, the second 1 mana more, the third 2 mana more, the fourth 3 mana more, and then you probably can't cast anything more. It'd still allow for some powerful swing turns as a one sided Pyromancer, but it wouldn't be quite so back-breaking.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think Altruis should probably not hit face. Or it doesn't hit minions and is just a finisher. Right now he's basically a better version of original blade flurry.

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I think Altruis should probably not hit face. Or it doesn't hit minions and is just a finisher. Right now he's basically a better version of original blade flurry.

altruis also compounds with skull and vice versa

turns out a discount of 3 mana on drawing 3 cards is really fucking good when your curve tops out at like 5 fucking mana

and guess what card loves chaining off low cost cards!! gasp!!!!

if we don't see another goddamn skull nerf by the time this expac is through, i swear

edit: why the FUCK did they buff altruis's attack though, like. just salt in the goddamn wound.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Given that demonhunter absolutely falls behind on value and cannot deal with big heals and armor, i feel like the class kind of needs the OP cards at this point?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Given that demonhunter absolutely falls behind on value and cannot deal with big heals and armor, i feel like the class kind of needs the OP cards at this point?

it only falls behind on value because most DH decks are built for speed.

Keep in mind the class has a 9/5 with rush that summons a 5/9 with taunt that isn't run because most games with a DH are over by turn 7-8.

• Options
    I tried to play about 20 different versions of DH. It's impossible to play it as a highlander or big demon deck. It's only viable lists top out at skull and whatever awesome cards they may have they do not synergize and this character can't play control in this meta.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    envoy1 wrote: »

I pretty much auto-concede against Priests nowadays

Shaman has a very good matchup versus Priest, while still being able to control DH.

### A Quest for Controll
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
    # 1x (1) Earth Shock
    # 1x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 1x (2) EVIL Totem
    # 1x (2) Licensed Adventurer
    # 1x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 1x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
    # 1x (2) Stormforged Axe
    # 1x (2) Witch's Brew
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (3) Far Sight
    # 1x (3) Lightning Storm
    # 1x (3) Mana Tide Totem
    # 1x (3) Plague of Murlocs
    # 1x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
    # 1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
    # 1x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
    # 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 1x (4) Hex
    # 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
    # 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
    # 1x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
    # 1x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Corrupt Elementalist
    # 1x (6) The Lurker Below
    # 1x (7) Earthquake
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Tempest
    # 1x (8) Walking Fountain
    # 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
    # 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
    #
    AAECAaoIHoEE9QT+Bf8FsgbAB62RA4qUA8WZA8aZA4adA6WhA/yjA7ulA8+lA+GlA/mlA5CnA+GoA7mtA/6uA6qvA4GxA5GxA7i2A/O3A9u4A9m+A9PAA5PCAwAA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    bwanie wrote: »
    I tried to play about 20 different versions of DH. It's impossible to play it as a highlander or big demon deck. It's only viable lists top out at skull and whatever awesome cards they may have they do not synergize and this character can't play control in this meta.

This is all true but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have oppressive cards. I’d be curious to see the stats on some of these played cards. What is the win % after playing Skull? After playing Altruis? What about after playing Skukl then Altruis? But of course, stats aren’t everything to Blizzard. They nerfed Yogg because players felt bad losing to him; it wasn’t statistically tipping the scales of games. It feels awful watching DH draw a fuck load of cards and then watching them clear your entire board AND hit you in the face for 5-8 damage. Out of nowhere.

If they only changed one card, it should be Skull. I could accept Altruis as-is without huge reductions from Skull. The class already has tons of cheap cards that synergize with Altruis. It really doesn’t need a draw spell that reduces its cards by (3).

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Altruis only feels oppresive on those turns. So many times he's a dead card or a soft taunt at best.

He was definately not a top 3 card for me in my legend climb.

Skull is a OP card of course. But like i said try playing any DH without skull, metamorphosis, warglaves of azzinoth or twin slice.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Amusingly, Skull's played winrate is actually quite low because if you play it it means you haven't already won and now have to look for reach.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    @Dibby , you wanted to see some tempo mage games. First, here is Apxvoid reaching legend with the deck a few weeks ago. He plays some aggro decks, so it will give you an idea how it operates against them. Id' watch him if you don't want anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hsu3SFJq0

Here are two games I played; one win (Priest), one loss (Hunter). Take them as you will.

https://youtu.be/-hvtkOiqvx0

https://youtu.be/Qy2trHcvF78

I think the deck has demonstrated effectiveness in the long term. But you know, limited sample, if you don't like a deck then don't play it, etc. All that good stuff.

• Options
    VS #163 is up

Plenty of interesting stuff going on, they emphasize that there's a lot of experimentation and stuff isn't really solved yet. Hunter has surpassed DH to become the most played class and we have a potential T1 Pirate Warrior deck!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Guys it finally happened!

Wowhobbs made legend for the first time.

He only plays homebrew decks and did it with a weird libram/dragon paladin deck.

He also always has lorewalker cho in his deck. In his final boss game he facelessed his opponents altruis for a sick boardclear into concede 2 turns later.

So frigging awesome to watch this: http://www.twitch.tv/wowhobbs/v/633544070?sr=a&t=1s

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Link is messed up, right vod but you need to go back to the start.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Oh shit, seriously?! Hobbs is one of the most chill and amazing HS streamers. If anyone deserves to hit Legend it’s him.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah he's a bit too chill for me but i love his decks and plays. He always goes for the flashy unexpected stuff.

Tbh this deck is actally p good, once he started to pilot it more agressive. I don't have the deckcode but you gotta look it up.

It's amazing in all it's janky ass glory.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The best part?

His MMR is so atrocious he's playing plat level opponents now🤣

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Dibby , you wanted to see some tempo mage games. First, here is Apxvoid reaching legend with the deck a few weeks ago. He plays some aggro decks, so it will give you an idea how it operates against them. Id' watch him if you don't want anything else.

Here are two games I played; one win (Priest), one loss (Hunter). Take them as you will.

I think the deck has demonstrated effectiveness in the long term. But you know, limited sample, if you don't like a deck then don't play it, etc. All that good stuff.

Hmmm, I can try giving it another swing, I guess. It does seem heavily reliant on RNG though (the game where APX gets four Arcane Breaths to clear a DH board....) but I think maybe I have a slightly better idea how to pilot it now? I dunno.

Are you always supposed to keep Chenvaala, or...? Like what do you mull for.

edit: Like yeah in the game vs Priest, you won that through RNG discover'd Alex and RNG discovered Power of Creation with gave you Windfury Harpies, but... Hmm.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yilias wrote: »
    and we have a potential T1 Pirate Warrior deck!
    Fuck, is that what I played last night? I lost to exact lethal on what was likely this deck last night while playing my gimped Highlander Rogue. I didn't know it was a thing and thought some guy was just winging it.

I might have survived if I hadn't gotten a gimpy start. He went first and curved out pretty hard. Also VS called Arcanite Reaper questionable, but when he played it on 5 and upgraded it, it got all sorts of face damage.

forty on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    "elephants guide me", thrall says as he roots through the garbage can looking for any shred of his former dignity

he finds none, and opts to remember the good ol' days of totem golem and 4 mana 7/7 instead

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Dibby , you wanted to see some tempo mage games. First, here is Apxvoid reaching legend with the deck a few weeks ago. He plays some aggro decks, so it will give you an idea how it operates against them. Id' watch him if you don't want anything else.

Hmmm, I can try giving it another swing, I guess. It does seem heavily reliant on RNG though (the game where APX gets four Arcane Breaths to clear a DH board....) but I think maybe I have a slightly better idea how to pilot it now? I dunno.

Are you always supposed to keep Chenvaala, or...? Like what do you mull for.

edit: Like yeah in the game vs Priest, you won that through RNG discover'd Alex and RNG discovered Power of Creation with gave you Windfury Harpies, but... Hmm.
    I’m still learning mulligans. I tend to keep Chenvala when I have the coin and at least one 1-cost spell, because I’ll likely draw another. That lets me play a 2/5 and 5/5 on t4. Which is pretty strong. I’ll toss him if I don’t have the coin, or if I’m against Aggro. Otherwise I tend to keep cheap spells and some minions like apprentice. I don’t know if it’s right but mostly it’s been working.

And for sure, it has a bunch of randomness. 4 Arcane breaths is absurd and a huge outlier. But I think it still goes his way if he had gotten other spells. Obviously depends on your tolerance for the RNG. It’s definitely hurt me, but all in all I feel it evens out such that I just find it to be closer to bad draws rather than “lol randomstone”.

Like I said, I’m enjoying it because it’s proactive and not galakrond rogue (which I like! But it gets stale). I’ve been playing ramp druid and Highlander mage and a bunch of other slow shit that’s not priest. I was playing some Aggro hunter but I guess that’s too slow now? Might go back to it but seems like it took a bigger hit than I’d thought after the nerfs. May also play some spell druid to keep things varied.

I just get tired of the same old meta decks after a while. There’s nothing wrong with it but I love experimentation and variety so I need some of that in my life.

And yeah, the priest game! Definitely got some good randomness. But there was decision making too. The 4/5s were a risk but I felt it was better to set up lethal for next turn. Do I still win if I had gone for the bubble chargers? Yes I pulled an Alex, but if I play her at the wrong time, he heals and it’s worthless.

I also think that priest made a bunch of mistakes. Killing the 5/5 and not Chen on t5? Does that lessen the value of my win? Does RNG? You take advantage of people’s mistakes and you try and work with what you have to make winning decisions. I don’t think any of that makes the win less valid. But that’s me, a filthy casual.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    They keep on saying these weird warrior builds are poised for a comeback, much like disco. No comeback is in site.

• Options
    Which weird Warrior builds are those? #159 and #160 only mention Enrage Warrior. #161 and #162 have a couple sentences on Control Warrior but say it looks bad.

• Options
    I still remember a few weeks ago when some people in the thread were saying they didn't think Enrage Warrior was actually strong and that it was only winning because it was weird and unexpected, or something like that. Kind of curious if they still feel that way since it has been a consistently strong performer since then (even after eating some nerfs).

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I double 6 minioned hoggar just for the lols. And it was the winning play. Hilarious just created value because the other mage didn’t have a blizzard on hand.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    It's interesting that they mention Highlander Priest not doing so hot. I've been having relatively good performance with my list. DH tends to be a coinflip (even when I neutralize their early game perfectly, sometimes they still just whomp me), but I have pretty good matchups otherwise (Warlock is trouble though).

My list probably isn't super standard though. I'm not running Lazul or Kaarhj. Don't have em, but I also haven't really felt a need for them either. Kaarhj is just a liability in the mirror, honestly, because it's so easy to Shadow Madness it (I've won every single Priest game where my opponent has played a Kaarhj out), Lazul can easily be replaced by Thoughtsteal and you're no worse for wear, really.

I basically took a list from HSReplay and then sort of altered it according to my own needs. S'pretty good? Feels pretty good. Over yonder, if anyone's interested: https://hsreplay.net/decks/5WNwwJZDNv1LXRhPwdSkPc

I'm sort of considering maybe removing Shadow Word: Ruin for something.... Often I just use it as a very expensive SW:D, it's sort of rare that I hit a full board with it (or multiple targets). It's not bad, but.. Well, yeah. If I were looking to make replacements I'd start there, maybe.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png