Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That makes me wonder how much weaker DH would be if the hero power was 2 mana for 2 attack.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I know there's an odd DH hero power, but does anything happen if you actually run genn in a wild deck?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I know there's an odd DH hero power, but does anything happen if you actually run genn in a wild deck?

Well he makes your hero power cost 1.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i was having such a good arena run until my priest opponent played whispers of evil > faceless lackey > 2/6 injured tol'vir turn 1

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    holy mackerel leaving is a huge change

• Options
    INCORRECT IT'S THE FELFIRE FESTIVAL OF VENGEANCE (vengeance) VENGEAAAANCE

Major Powerthirst vibes

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Powerthirst. That’s a throwback.

Blizzard still pretty good at marketing.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Lol Putricide. How many times now has he either been removed or tweaked? I have to imagine at this point they're finally giving up on his terrible hero power concept.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Wow!! Huge Battlegrounds patch! New Minion type, only 5 types will be in circulation during the game, selected at the start. That's HUGE!!! It's gonna create a LOT of different feeling games, I think. Although question, if Murlocs is the one that sits out during a game, does that mean Megasaur stays in the pool? I'd hope they wouldn't make an oversight like that, but I could literally see them doing that all the same (being that Megasaur is a "Beast" and not a "Murloc".....)

Mackerel being removed is the right move. Fuck that minion. Way too strong.

Eudora seems good. Float one Gold for a few turns, pop it on T5, instant Golden T5 which gives you a T6 minion. Slow, but good. 4 Gold for a Golden Minion? Yeah, I'll take that.

Kragg seems good too! Use it to Tier up early or buy more minions or whatever.

Hooktusk is..... What. Huh. Eh? I don't know about this one. Makes it easier to get Goldens, maybe? Mm. I. Ehh. No? No.

Patches.... That seems like a much better Flurgl, I suppose? Remains to be seen how good Pirates are, but an easy way to get Pirate synergy. I guess you could also do the Ysera thing and stay on 1 for a bit and get some early Goldens? Does Patches' HP keep decreasing after buying Pirates or is it only a one time discount (from 4 to 3)? If it DOES keep decreasing, that is much much better. Eh overall though. I'm not super jazzed about Patches.

Aranna seems VERY good. Increases consistency a LOT. You typically spend the 8 Gold turn and the 10+ Gold turn rerolling a lot too, so it literally activates on its own, later on.

Pirates overall though... I'm sort of having a hard time seeing it. They don't have a Screwjank equivalent (+2/+2 buff minion) which honestly kind of hurts? I mean, Strongarm at T4, but, that requires multiple purchases. Mm. Lategame I guess the idea is you get some Goliaths on board, you have Eliza sitting in back, but.... Man I dunno, I don't really know about Pirates! They seem a bit weak! You can't get Divine Shields like Dragons can, you can't really grow them (in combat only, and that's a bit sketchy?).. Hmm.

EXCELLENT much overdue change to The Rat King though, holy moly. It was SO easy to whiff that HP on Turn 1.

forty wrote: »
    Lol Putricide. How many times now has he either been removed or tweaked? I have to imagine at this point they're finally giving up on his terrible hero power concept.

If Patches is any indication, they'll just give him an entirely new Hero Power when he comes back the next time.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh, I thought the adventure content would introduce new cards but I guess not.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Oh, I thought the adventure content would introduce new cards but I guess not.

Nah, it's free, so there's no tangible reward attached to it :V

They only put in new cards when they're charging fucking money for it

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I could be off, but Pirates look weak, at least as far as late game is concerned.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Although question, if Murlocs is the one that sits out during a game, does that mean Megasaur stays in the pool? I'd hope they wouldn't make an oversight like that, but I could literally see them doing that all the same (being that Megasaur is a "Beast" and not a "Murloc".....)
    And if Megasaur isn't flagged in their system as a "Murloc" card, it presumably means you won't be able to play it every time the rotation comes up with Murlocs in and Beasts out.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    There are other themed cards that aren't in the themed tribe, like the +1/+1 all demons 5/4. Presumably they'll have some way to deal with those.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Fixed a bug where Zephrys the Great would not offer Windspeaker in the case where Windfury on an un-targetable minion was highly valuable.
    Oh man, didn't that happen at the Innvitational like a month and a half ago? Took you a while, Zephrys.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    holy mackerel leaving is a huge change

I called my shot.

• Options
    I been thinking on Pirates some more, and like.... Okay, when Dragons came out, they were slightly weak (mostly just some stats were a bit off) but there was still a very clear gameplan there and a very focused lategame; Get Kalecgos, get a board full of dragons, chain battlecry minions to pump them, grab a Nadina for Divine Shields. That's the lategame plan! You've also got a smattering of good Dragon minions scattered throughout; Bronze Warden (literally the single best Tier 3 minion in the game don't @ me), Razorgore, Hangry is good once it starts getting pumps, etc etc.

With Pirates.... I honestly don't see a lategame plan at all. Salty Looter is a grower, at least, that's decent? Bloodsail Cannoneer is good early on, but simply isn't good enough later (+3 attack doesn't matter that much if your Pirates aren't getting any health out of the deal too). Southsea Strongarm is an incredibly awkward minion because buying just that only gives you +1/+1, meaning you have to spend 6 gold to get +2/+2, furthermore the buff effect is only for that turn. It's not like Screwjank etc where you can buy it and bank it for next turn or whatever. Also, it's Tier 4, that comes way too late for it to be meaningful. Goldgrubber seems good! But that's a minion that can fit in any comp, really, not strictly Pirates. Ripsnarl Captain seems good? But they only get the buff when attacking. Maybe there's some silly shenanigans you can pull with Ripsnarl+Yo-Ho-Ogre though, at least for a midgame strat. Seabreaker Goliath is where we actually start to see a way to grow your Pirates (but again, in combat only...), but being an Overkill effect is a slight bit awkward; Overkill starts off fine, but can become more difficult to achieve as scaling kicks in. Nat Pagle is interesting, the 0/2 Chest apparently summons a random Golden minion... but that can be any minion, which means sometimes you'll get a T6 minion on board and sometimes you'll get a T1 minion on board. Like a worse Sneed's, I suppose. Hoggar is interesting? I guess that can proc multiple times per turn and not just one time per turn period? But otherwise it doesn't quite do anything in combat. Eliza seems good, because like Goliaths, she actually provides stats to your weak Pirates... but she's basically just a MUCH worse Kalecgos. And terribly statted, my god. Tide Razor seems good but also high variance... Hm.

But realistically, I don't see a lategame plan here. I don't see a real focus for how this Tribe works lategame. With an alarming lack of ways to buff Pirate minions early/midgame (hell, even lategame...), your board will often be quite weak. Seems like you'll rely on Ripsnarl as a midgame card and try to lean into Goliaths/Eliza/Tide Breaker lategame? But.... It's still just weak. And aside from not being able to pump Pirates very well at all, the stats are just atrocious. Kalecgos starts as a 4/12 (and was originally a 4/10!!), Eliza is a 6/7.

A lot of people are saying Pirates will be supplementary minions for other comps, and right now, yeah, it's looking that way. Grab a Goldgrubber to have a nice grower. Tide Razor could fit into Rivendare comps.

Just... yeah. They seemed to play things a bit too safe? And they really really missed the mark, feels like. Without a solid Screwjank equivalent, Pirates are going to have a hell of a time scaling properly. Remember when Twilight Emissary was a Tier 4 6/6 that gave +3/+3? And how they had to bump it down to a Tier 3 4/4 give +2/+2 because Dragons were having a really hard time scaling early on? I have to imagine we'll see some kind of changes to both Cannoneer and Strongarm after a future balance patch. They might tweak Cannoneer to be like +2/+1 or something, and lower Strongarm to T3 and just flat out make it +2/+2 with no "if you've buyed x Pirates this turn" strings attached. And yknow, Dragons also have Menagerie Magician too, Pirates don't got shit else.

We'll see, but I'm not particularly thrilled.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    It's OK that pirates suck, Battlegrounds is just a Beta.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Ok, I came here to complain about the stale BG meta some more and now I have to look over the changes. Well played, blizzard.

In other news, I broke the next barrier
    ug8qelj07kln.jpg
    I did have double Mackerel in hand actually, but I only found one Toxfin, so I didn't play them. Winning strat is always to buy all mackerels you see, because then at least nobody else can play them.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    hold up I'm confused. Dog is playing on the new patch, but is it not on android yet? 'cause I just came in second (in my first game in months) because my opp had a poison mackerel, I barely beat them, and then in one turn they found A SECOND MACKEREL AND POISONED IT

edit: it pushed the update during the game, apparently. lmfao

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yippee yi yay got second place because I didn't get any ways to protect my baron from zapp for four turns and twice lost the priority coin flip against the player with zapp, wherein I would have immediately won because I'd have gotten four golden spawn procs from my maccaw c:

add in arcane cannon and they've somehow made the attack prio flip onerously important, which is just great

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    that macaw in bgs is absolutely filthy busted

i saw a comp with 2x taunted golden saurolisk, and a macaw proccing a goldrinn with baron on hydras

• Options
    Playing Highlander Priest vs a Galakrond Shaman (?!?!?) and I jam Thoughsteal turn 2. I get.... Galakrond and Far Sight. He plays Far Sight into a Devoted Maniac. I play Far Sight into Dragonqueen Alex.

That was a short game.

I didn't even get to play out the stolen Galakrond :(

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    oh hey

1mBR4fG.png

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    oh hey

1mBR4fG.png

60 gold, nice dude

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Pirates.....kind of suck.

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Pirates.....kind of suck.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    Also arcane cannon makes early game first attack coin flips even more relevant. I really dislike that.

• Options
    I just took 30 dmg because the other guy attacked first with a macaw and arcane cannon. The odds were 50/50 according to the calculator due to the breakpoints caused by the macaw procs off of spawn.

I died thereafter from losing another first attack flip. It was bad enough with spawn. Now it's extra super stupid.

BG already has a fuckton of randomness. I greatly dislike adding even more with even less counter play.

Not sure if I'm going to keep playing BG until they make changes because this patch feels awful, while others have generally felt good.

• Options
    Battlegrounds didn't feel Hearthstone enough without massive fuckfest randomness.

• Options
    i still can't believe they made a non-tribe soul juggler available at tier 2

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    i still can't believe they made a non-tribe soul juggler available at tier 2

And a way to make deathrattles insanely oppressive at every stage of the game. High SR lobbies are everyone praying for cannon/spawn/macaw and any other random junk.

Deryl is insanely strong now because it’s easy to stack shields onto a couple strong minions. T2 is much stronger now overall and in games without murlocs, there’s basically no poison (maexxna comes after the game is over).

So games are becoming even more aggro. First deaths are happening around 8 gold, and about half the lobby makes it to 10 gold.

There’s no point trying for an endgame build because you’ll die trying to get to T5. I won a game on turn 9 by getting the trifecta on turn 3 and smashing everyone I faced for 10+ every turn afterwards. It wasn’t particularly fun because fights usually ended before they started.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    santsodo: endgame is dead

me: hey y'all I just first placed three of my last four games with kalycgos builds

98DewBQ.png?1
    6TLG1QB.png?1

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

me: hey y'all I just first placed three of my last four games with kalycgos builds

98DewBQ.png?1
    6TLG1QB.png?1

I mean, congrats on the high roll? Also, what’s the SR?

Lower SR games tend to go 3-4 turns longer because lower tier players are inefficient.

• Options

98DewBQ.png?1
    6TLG1QB.png?1

Lower SR games tend to go 3-4 turns longer because lower tier players are inefficient.

Aye, I didn't mean that as a serious rebuttal to yours, I just thought it was funny timing :P

This was climbing roughly from 8k to 8.3k

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Been coasting to legend last 3 seasons off of rogue. Started with mega-secret (6x secrets), then highlander, and now this secret-lite hybrid. This one's my favorite, feels the most consistent. Been thinking of swapping maniac out for faceless but never pulled the trigger.

k17h0G7.png

### Secret
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
    # 2x (2) Ambush
    # 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
    # 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
    # 2x (3) Seal Fate
    # 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
    #
    AAECAYO6AgiyAoYJkpcDwa4Dqq8D47QDy8AD+8QDC7QB7QKXBo+XA/WnA7muA/6uA86vA8y5A865A9C5AwA=

• Options

98DewBQ.png?1
    6TLG1QB.png?1

Aye, I didn't mean that as a serious rebuttal to yours, I just thought it was funny timing :P

This was climbing roughly from 8k to 8.3k

I was just in a game where I killed people on turns 8 and 9, doing about 20 dmg each time. I died turn 10 to a high roll murloc player, taking 34 dmg. The game ended on turn 11.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    fwiw at around 9k I also noticed that the game is very aggressive now. Feels really bad if you get a bad start ( I had two games where I just wasn't offered any minions of my current tier) and get burned before you recover. I feel like the new minions are more snowbally in combat, so wins are bigger/damage more?

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    fwiw at around 9k I also noticed that the game is very aggressive now. Feels really bad if you get a bad start ( I had two games where I just wasn't offered any minions of my current tier) and get burned before you recover. I feel like the new minions are more snowbally in combat, so wins are bigger/damage more?

Yeah, damage is significantly higher for losses now. I haven’t run my numbers yet but just eyeballing, maybe 30-40% higher