As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cooking] thread 2: 2019's 2020's revenge

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Cooking thread, I am making chili this weekend. I have about half a can of leftover coconut milk from a previous recipe. How bad of an idea would it be to add the coconut milk to the chili?

It's a common ingredient to sweeten and and ease the "burn" of many hot dishes, go for it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I take high spiciness foods with a tall glass of milk usually to moderate with as needed

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2020/06/japanese-style-iced-coffee.html

Brew hot coffee directly onto ice

Sounds simple and good

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    It’s good! Takes a little trial and error, but works really well once you nail the ratios, as the article says. Really the only downside is that it uses more coffee than just brewing hot.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Cooking thread, I am making chili this weekend. I have about half a can of leftover coconut milk from a previous recipe. How bad of an idea would it be to add the coconut milk to the chili?

Hell yeah, curry con carne. Do it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I have done it and will report back in about thirty minutes.

Edit: Chili status - good

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    After a fruitless local search for a good mushroom ravioli brand that doesn’t cost the earth, I gave up and made my own tonight.
    ... I really don’t know why I don’t do this more often, it’s so easy and so very good.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ravioli (and honestly most kinds of dumplings) are extremely delicious but I end up not making them almost ever because it always feels like they take a lot of work/time to make and then I eat them all in like 30 seconds.

it's so nice to have a stash in the freezer though.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Tikka masala part two is go. I think I already added too much tomato but whatever. This recipe called for marinating the chicken in a yogurt mix which I didn't do last time and it already came out of the oven looking way more taste.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Tikka masala part two is go. I think I already added too much tomato but whatever. This recipe called for marinating the chicken in a yogurt mix which I didn't do last time and it already came out of the oven looking way more taste.

Too much tomato? Just remove some, ya jabroni.

• Options
    And waste the tomato? No way.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Ravioli (and honestly most kinds of dumplings) are extremely delicious but I end up not making them almost ever because it always feels like they take a lot of work/time to make and then I eat them all in like 30 seconds.

after all this bitching I made a batch for dinner and have about 2-3 extra servings in the freezer.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh my gawd. 45 day dry aged New york strip, seasoned on Montreal steak seasoning and seared in bacon fat, finished with just a touch of butter. Paired with potatoes and carrots from the garden baked for about 45 minutes in the oven, sprinkled with everything bagel mix.

It'll be peanut butter sandwiches the rest of the week, but this one meal was totally worth it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

after all this bitching I made a batch for dinner and have about 2-3 extra servings in the freezer.

This is the way.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    f16oc2d9u3cr.jpeg
    Dinner tonight on nom nom

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Are you having steamboat.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    The only reasonable quantities of dumplings/ravioli to make are none or shit tons. Fuck it lets ruin the kitchen and take half a day but if will fill the freezer and be overall way more efficient.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Are you having steamboat.

Nah, it was just sashimi with rice balls.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    vgTBkkc.jpg?1

Chicken adobo Mk. 4

Smells.....good..........

• Options
    From now on I demand only Mongolian Breakfasts.

https://youtu.be/DBTdA5wp7jQ

• Options

After you just saved Tsushima from the Mongolians?

I guess that makes sense.

• Options
    Heads up, La Crueset is running a up to 70% off sale
    https://www.lecreuset.com/catalogsearch/result?q=factory+to+table+sale&lang=en_US

I got a 12quart stockpot for $38 and I feel like I ripped someone off. They seem to be out of any of the dutch ovens in a size good enough to bake bread in, unfortunately.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I respect this food but I couldn't eat that much rich dairy in the morning, or probably ever

• Options
    If I ever develop lactose intolerance I will survive exactly 1 day and then I will explode from eating too much dairy.

• Options
    I probably have some level of lactose intolerance/malabsorption but my toilet is just going to have to deal with it.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I once worried that I'd developed a mild gluten intolerance so I went off it for a week or so and my god I ate so much cheese to compensate.

hilariously I do have a known and genuine bad reaction to dairy fats but fuck it I'll take the devil I know every time.

tynic on
  • Options
    Life without cheese or milk is a life I refuse to live.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Heads up, La Crueset is running a up to 70% off sale
    https://www.lecreuset.com/catalogsearch/result?q=factory+to+table+sale&lang=en_US

I got a 12quart stockpot for $38 and I feel like I ripped someone off. They seem to be out of any of the dutch ovens in a size good enough to bake bread in, unfortunately.

Thankfully I missed out on some of the bigger items because dear god my wallet.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I have a mild lactose intolerance, I guess? Started sometime after turning 30, and it was a tragic day when I realized I need to cut out ice cream and other dairy because that was the source of so much, uh, unpleasantness. I could still have cereal with milk, or a single serving or so of ice cream, as long as I took lactaid beforehand.

Then I started having to take lactaid before and after any dairy. Still dealable. Then I reached a point where even with taking extra doses of lactaid and doing it before and after I still had problems with dairy. That was pretty frustrating.

And now somehow I'm back to being able to have some ice cream or milk or whatever as long as take lactaid before and after. I'm not going to question it, just enjoying some dairy again periodically.

• Options

This post has given anyone who gets you on Secret Satans a pretty good idea of how to murder you what to get you.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

This post has given anyone who gets you on Secret Satans a pretty good idea of how to murder you what to get you.

It's times like these I wish I could save / bookmark posts.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    What is Secret Satans do I gotta do some devilry in exchange for cheeses cause I fuckin will I'll fuckin do it.

• Options
    What is Secret Satans do I gotta do some devilry in exchange for cheeses cause I fuckin will I'll fuckin do it.

Basically, yeah.

• Options
    Hell yeah hail Satan gimme some chevre

• Options

fuck juggs have you been missing out on secret satans shenanigans damn
    gotta wrangle someone to send you some west coast hippy dippy moonshine this year

• Options
    You know I don't do fun things

• Options

oh this ain't gonna be fun

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If I ever develop lactose intolerance I will survive exactly 1 day and then I will explode from eating too much dairy.

Yeah there are foods you deal with it and foods you won't.

And you find certain foods don't trigger it. Like pizza doesn't really do much, but something with cheddar or actual milk? Slays me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

oh this ain't gonna be fun

Hmm my desire to never participate in anything is now at direct odds with my desire to cause myself as much misery as possible.

A conundrum.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Yeah there are foods you deal with it and foods you won't.

And you find certain foods don't trigger it. Like pizza doesn't really do much, but something with cheddar or actual milk? Slays me.

It's crazy how this works. My wife can drink milk and eat cheese with no problems, but a few spoonfuls of icecream? She is in for a world of hurt later on.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.