As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MTG] Let is Snow

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Bahama what are you doing

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    don't know what you're talking about

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Doing god's work

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I thought the 2XM wrath was the prerelease promo. Won't that prerelease kit also cost me like $90? Ehhhh probably not worth it.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    gsw0dsdxbaib.png
    hx23y89vg9xn.png

• Options
    edited July 2020
    FoW is in Double Masters:

tovgeqb9kubt.png

NOTE: The regular version uses the most recent Terese Nielsen art.

jgeis on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    That's a damn good-looking card. And nice flavor.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

tovgeqb9kubt.png

it's apparently a box-topper

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

tovgeqb9kubt.png

it's apparently a box-topper

Should also be available in VIP Edition boosties

• Options
    just gotta mortgage your house!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    buying....paper....magic???

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Force of Will is such a sick card

• Options
    buying....paper....magic???

Metal... gear?

• Options
    Double Masters, more like Double Moxers

1wu2jxhroek4.png
    tpprrw51ygf3.jpeg

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    sometimes you draft a deck around a synergy and you don't get all the pieces you want and end up with something mediocre

sometimes you draft this very very dumb deck and end up going the whole way
    tQ8OKIe.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Amazing.

B/W lifegain is technically an archetype in M21 but you may be the first person to pull it off.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The whole time I was drafting I was sure it was going to flame out in the dumbest possible way, but it... worked

tavern swindler+indulging patrician was a good enough engine to win multiple games in my run

I even won my last game with the dumb anointed chorister + speaker of the heavens combo

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    There is no better feeling in a draft than successfully forcing an archetype. Bravo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Amazing.

B/W lifegain is technically an archetype in M21 but you may be the first person to pull it off.

LSV and Marshall drafted a decent one on a recent episode of LR. The play video (Bo3) was just posted as a bonus on the LR YouTube channel.

• Options

Seth is covering MaRo's Zendikar Rising panel for SDCC at home. Posting in text for those that don't/can't use Twitter:

"Zendikar Rising is bringing with it another booster product, set boosters.

1 art card (1 in 20 are signature cards with artist signature in gold)
    1 full art land (15% you'll get foil)
    6 u/c connected in some way
    1 "headturner" u/c (showcase etc)
    2 wildcard slots (any rarity)
    2 rare or mythic
    1 foil
    1 token/ad card (25% upgraded to "the list")

"The list" is a list of 300 cards from Magic's past with their original set symbol, similar to mystery boosters. Muscle Silver, Cloudgoat Ranger and Pact of Negation previewed as examples.

Set boosters will cost "a little bit more" than normal draft boosters. If you spend the same amount of money you'll get the same amount of rares/mythics as a normal draft booster."

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Amazing.

kenji did it multiple times

patrician and lieutenant are absurd cards

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Some additional info from Hipsters of the Coast (they're more thoroughly covering this than Seth. SIX new dual lands coming, though no previews today:

"One of the main goals of Zendikar Rising is to recapture the original Zendikar block as an "adventure plane."

It' is a land-focused set, with full-art basics and a new set of six dual lands. (No previews today, though.)"

"A bunch of Zendikar legendary creatures return, and one will get a new color.

There will be three planeswalkers, all of which we know and already have had at least three cards."

There are 4 art posts total if you click through this thread:

Link to the full panel on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/NqoFes1rJ0c

jgeis on
  • Options
    please make the dual lands common or uncommon

thanks for coming to my ted talk

• Options
    Here's the link to the article about "set boosters", which also reveals that there are all of these types of boosters for Zendikar Rising:

Draft Boosters
    Set Boosters
    Welcome Boosters
    Collector Boosters

Also the Planeswalkers in this set are Jace, Nissa, and Nahiri.

Fetchlands ARE NOT on "the list" for set boosters:

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    When Zendikar Rising was first announced, I speculated that this might be a set about the the Gatewatch establishing their headquarters. Now that they've had their first big adventure that brought the team together, it's time to start putting some thought into how they're actually going to operate as an organization. Zendikar seems like a good location for their home base, since it's the adventure plane and the Gatewatch is sort of like an adventurer’s guild for planeswalkers. Also, the residents of Zendikar sort of owe them a solid. The de facto leader of the Gatewatch being one of the planeswalkers in the set makes me think I might be on the right track with this.

Those arts of Ulamog's and Kozilek's corpses being grown over with vegetation make me feel a bit melancholy for some reason. :sad:

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    When Zendikar Rising was first announced, I speculated that this might be a set about the the Gatewatch establishing their headquarters. Now that they've had their first big adventure that brought the team together, it's time to start putting some thought into how they're actually going to operate as an organization. Zendikar seems like a good location for their home base, since it's the adventure plane and the Gatewatch is sort of like an adventure's guild for planeswalkers. Also, the residents of Zendikar sort of owe them a solid. The de facto leader of the Gatewatch being one of the planeswalkers in the set makes me think I might be on the right track with this.

Those arts of Ulamog's and Kozilek's corpses being grown over with vegetation make me feel a bit melancholy for some reason. :sad:

I'm sure those corpses will eventually be found.

And Compleated.

• Options
    116112006_10159090377524881_2066579656687029718_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=w2_bkK7-2kkAX9LaaVH&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.fna&oh=1387f8c4a2c715d1fa96839c7f932595&oe=5F43A8C8

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Omnath is adding white, based on the pack art. So now we've got a sans-black jellybean.

I'm interested in how they're going to have a set of six dual lands. Unless one of those "duals" is actually a new fetch or a 5C land, it seems imbalanced to have a 6 card land cycle.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    116112006_10159090377524881_2066579656687029718_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=w2_bkK7-2kkAX9LaaVH&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.fna&oh=1387f8c4a2c715d1fa96839c7f932595&oe=5F43A8C8

Simic Ramp!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Omnath is adding white, based on the pack art. So now we've got a sans-black jellybean.

I'm interested in how they're going to have a set of six dual lands. Unless one of those "duals" is actually a new fetch or a 5C land, it seems imbalanced to have a 6 card land cycle.

If you omit a color, you can make 6 dual lands from what's remaining.

Not saying that's what's going to happen, just that it is technically a cycle. If it had been in Judgment and excluded black, it would have been a thing that made sense.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Not saying that's what's going to happen, just that it is technically a cycle. If it had been in Judgment and excluded black, it would have been a thing that made sense.

They are incredibly leery about color imbalanced sets but I guess it could be sans black duals for the Jellybean, or sans white to represent him eating all the tasty white mana

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    That idea makes me fearful for limited and black's awful "loner" mechanic from Avacyn Restored.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

They are incredibly leery about color imbalanced sets but I guess it could be sans black duals for the Jellybean, or sans white to represent him eating all the tasty white mana

Sans green because *waves at Standard*

• Options
    Solar wrote: »

Simic Ramp!

dual masters, so only legacy and vintage

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    that card is from an old commander set right

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    that card is from an old commander set right

Yeah it was in the Estrid precon.

• Options
    magus of the will is getting a reprint too

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    YES! WHEN IT GOT OUT THAT A LEGEND WAS RETURNING WITH AN EXTRA COLOR I WAS SO HOPING IT WAS OMNATH.

I thought he'd get black but I'm glad to see another WURG Commander. The Theros couple is cool but they have such a specific strategy that I'm not interested in playing.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

Is it possible that there will only be five of the new dual lands in the set proper, but a sixth will be included in one of the two preconstructed commander decks, where color balance is less of an issue?

This discussion has been closed.