Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    The LGD level is kind of annoying. The final fight is just chonky enough that I can't just hit Repeat, since it's three dudes and Tifa is mostly single target.

I gave up and sacrificed a bonus unit slot to throw in Kuja geared for LB. He one shots everything so I can repeat farm, hurray.

Also against my own advice, I went fishing for more Clouds. Used all my tickets but I got a second copy (another Dark Veritas vision card). Bought the 50 shard, so between that and the login bonus shards, I'll be able to get his STMR. If I can figure out where to get the damn orbs.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    The LGD level is kind of annoying. The final fight is just chonky enough that I can't just hit Repeat, since it's three dudes and Tifa is mostly single target.

I gave up and sacrificed a bonus unit slot to throw in Kuja geared for LB. He one shots everything so I can repeat farm, hurray.

I am rather considering doing something like that, myself! With three NV characters (a Cloud and two Tifas) I can give up a 60% extra from a random Vincent in exchange for simplifying my life, I think.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Oh my god, seeing the full the 10 arena orb thing makes me want to uninstall the game

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    The chocobo slots are cute and all, but after the second or third spin it just takes too long. Speed that shit up or do multi spins or something.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    The chocobo slots are cute and all, but after the second or third spin it just takes too long. Speed that shit up or do multi spins or something.
    There is a Skip button at the top of the screen. Should help.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ok, so I grinded up the rest of the FF VII Remake special summon tickets (6 of them). Nothing special there. I decided to use a few 3* tickets to try to get more bonus. The 3rd one dropped NV Cloud. So I guess I get to join the club. I might splurge the 5k for his shards to get him EX+1, but we do get some free shards as login bonus, right? Although, I will probably be short on pearls since I used 2 to for 2x NV Tifas.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Some more random pulls got me AoD Kuja#2. Man, I am just swimming in meta pulls today (except MMXon, he still evades me, so I'll likely UoC him when I go and do DV).

If you are looking for one of the rare pearls, you can get one from the Defenders of the Planet challenge. The boss's BREAK bar is weak to Greatswords and Fists, so put those Tifas and Clouds to work.
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Ok, so I grinded up the rest of the FF VII Remake special summon tickets (6 of them). Nothing special there. I decided to use a few 3* tickets to try to get more bonus. The 3rd one dropped NV Cloud. So I guess I get to join the club. I might splurge the 5k for his shards to get him EX+1, but we do get some free shards as login bonus, right? Although, I will probably be short on pearls since I used 2 to for 2x NV Tifas.

I think the shards you get from login bonuses leaves you 10 short for Cloud. You can either buy the shard bundle for 5k, or I think you get a ticket to use to buy 10 shards in the exchange shop if you spend 5k on a pull on the Commemoration Banner. We will all be getting a rare pearl as part of the login bonus as well.

Cruor on
  • Options
    So, playing hands on with the NV system, it doesn't really seem so bad, especially since we get unit specific Vision Cards at EX+1 and anything past EX+1 seems unnecessary. We also get easier access to the Cactuar cards, which is a great change. Hopefully we get a chance to earn a rare pearl with each event, since those seem like they'll be a real bottleneck in going up through the EX levels.

I haven't really gotten into leveling brave abilities yet, so I have to reserve judgement for how that feels. So far looks like it won't be terrible as I am rolling in MK currency and there are a lot of mats to buy there. Looks like the insignias will be the bottleneck there but they can be farmed, so NRG pots will get a nice workout.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    So, playing hands on with the NV system, it doesn't really seem so bad, especially since we get unit specific Vision Cards at EX+1 and anything past EX+1 seems unnecessary. We also get easier access to the Cactuar cards, which is a great change. Hopefully we get a chance to earn a rare pearl with each event, since those seem like they'll be a real bottleneck in going up through the EX levels.

I haven't really gotten into leveling brave abilities yet, so I have to reserve judgement for how that feels. So far looks like it won't be terrible as I am rolling in MK currency and there are a lot of mats to buy there. Looks like the insignias will be the bottleneck there but they can be farmed, so NRG pots will get a nice workout.

It's like 2.8ish million current to buy all the insignias so yeah, good thing the currency drops like mad and all the used to be important stuff is now in the rank rewards.

• Options
    The whole NV thing seems to have created a noticeable step up in enemy toughness. Typically for the whole MK boss things you just need to point any two DPSs at the boss and it disintegrates.

Also damn it, game, let me chain my Tifas.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did we get any updates to the gil dungeons? I'm at like half the gil needed to awaken Tifa.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Artereis wrote: »
    Did we get any updates to the gil dungeons? I'm at like half the gil needed to awaken Tifa.

I don't think so. Have you gone through your old items and sold off old raid coins, MK currency, etc? Also, any Gallerian Tins you have laying around, I know I have a crazy amount of those.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    There is a Skip button at the top of the screen. Should help.

I am an idiot, I never saw the skip button. Already used all my tokens, so it won't help me this time.

The added beefiness on the event is annoying. MK events are grindy enough as it is, just let me repeat darn it.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Am I doing this right?
    iore24af9cad.jpeg

Looks good to me!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »

Also look at those gil maps. I have like 50 of them. Sucks you have to spend an hour to run through them all but that should get you a bunch more gil.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Ok, leveling up Brave Abilities isn't too bad, just gotta set up a team that can 1T the challenge boss to farm insignias. I used Sinzar's strategy:

WM Rosa : wearing Equip L Sword and two greatswords. Dualcast her Radiant Arrows ability to break the BREAK gauge.
    Doc Aiden : Stat buff and dark imbue/Imperil. Can use any AoE imbue/Imperil
    Cloud: Chain with Tifa, undead killers
    Tifa: Chain with Cloud, undead killers
    5th slot: Whatever you need to push damage. My Cloud and Tifa can just chain the thing down after the BREAK gauge is gone.

So far I've almost maxed out Cloud's Brave Abilities - just a couple more to go on his Spinning Slash. And then it'll be Tifa's turn. I'm burning NRG pots and alternating a full bar between farming insignias and farming the MK to get forticite.

• Options
    Ok, leveling up Brave Abilities isn't too bad, just gotta set up a team that can 1T the challenge boss to farm insignias. I used Sinzar's strategy:

WM Rosa : wearing Equip L Sword and two greatswords. Dualcast her Radiant Arrows ability to break the BREAK gauge.
    5th slot: Whatever you need to push damage. My Cloud and Tifa can just chain the thing down after the BREAK gauge is gone.

So far I've almost maxed out Cloud's Brave Abilities - just a couple more to go on his Spinning Slash. And then it'll be Tifa's turn. I'm burning NRG pots and alternating a full bar between farming insignias and farming the MK to get forticite.

Where did you get the forticite stuff? Just buy out the coin shop or did you buy the amounts from the MK shop?

• Options
    edited August 2020

Where did you get the forticite stuff? Just buy out the coin shop or did you buy the amounts from the MK shop?

I bought out the stuff in the SOON coin shop, but it's nowhere near enough to max any of Tifa's abilities. I've been buying what I need in the MK shop, which is decently easy with the crazy amount of currency I'm taking in.

Edit: Be wary of the amounts of forticite you are buying, each unit you buy in the MK shop contains multiple forticite.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Damn. I have fucking nothing whatsoever for Undead killers, so I kinda bounced off the ADV challenge thing. Doesn't help that trying to chain my two Tifas results in a lot of 1s now.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Siiiiiiiiiiigh. I was out. I was done. I stopped back at what? King Rain I think?

Then I logged in a few weeks ago and had a bunch of free summons from the anniversary. Which got me a whole gaggle of new 5* units (MMXon, 2x Epsilon Nichol, Delta Sakura, Locke, Dragon Dark Fina, 2x Deva Akstar, 2x Sol, 2x Summer Fitra, Terra, Vivi, Cecil, FW Physalis, among others)

Then I got NV Cloud on the weekly freebie, and Barret and a 4th Tifa through Tickets

So hi guys!

:? :? :?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    I know I wanted content, but maybe not all at one time lol. MK Event, Raid Event, DV, Exploration Event, Daily challenge event, Brave challenge event, FF12 challenge event, along with trying to still get all daily and coin quests. I missed a couple last night as I was just too tired.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Siiiiiiiiiiigh. I was out. I was done. I stopped back at what? King Rain I think?

Then I logged in a few weeks ago and had a bunch of free summons from the anniversary. Which got me a whole gaggle of new 5* units (MMXon, 2x Epsilon Nichol, Delta Sakura, Locke, Dragon Dark Fina, 2x Deva Akstar, 2x Sol, 2x Summer Fitra, Terra, Vivi, Cecil, FW Physalis, among others)

Then I got NV Cloud on the weekly freebie, and Barret and a 4th Tifa through Tickets

So hi guys!

:? :? :?

ONE OF US ONE OF US

• Options
    The free daily 4 pull dropped me another NV Cloud. More MK currency, yesssss, good. This will make getting the rest of the mats for Tifa even quicker (and progress towards EX+2 for Cloud). Got the airship Vision Card, which is pretty decent.

• Options
    What are folks doing for VS Specimen H0512? They seem to have a lot of health and most the FF7 units are pretty bad. I don't have NV Cloud for his AoE attack and Tifa's AoE move is insanely weak.

• Options
    7*Reno to break, then just T-cast Tifa's Brave Ability and switch targets in-between casts (or just kill them one at a time if you can't kill then all in one go like that). Hitting the enemies with lightning seems to weaken them quite a bit.

Against the boss on the final wave it's much the same - break/hit with lightning with Reno and then just chain. If you have Aerith she'll help keep everyone alive and buffed if you can't T1 everything.

I have it easy with two geared NV Tifa and NV Cloud. Triple capping with Lvl5 Braver (100x each hit) is bonkers.

• Options
    Yeah working on Reno to 7*'s. Weirdly if it was still in the shop I would have had it by now. NV Cloud would help a ton since Spinning Slash is massive AoE damage. I'll try the switch targets thing, didn't work out so well when I tried before.

• Options
    The daily challenge fight is a boring slog fest because of the unit restriction, but at least it's only once a day.

Sinzar put up a video today with some tips for it. Reno can break (better with his 7*), he had a unit set up for evasion / provoke (used Golem for Provoke skill) and gave his NV Tifa Fenrir Synergy as it gives a 200% ATK boost so she can get a strong stat boost without a buffer. ST cleared the first two waves and then did a 2TKO on the boss with support chainers (Flood chains from Leviathan and Kokuryu) and NV Tifa LBs.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I need to get my "do hard stuff" legs back.. the daily challenge fight is kicking my butt. Cannot do enough damage to the final boss with NV Cloud and Tifa to kill it fast enough. Even with Reno breaking. Feels like I might need to EX+1 Cloud to have an honest go at it.

Edit: there we go, kinda forgot about the importance of Elemental weapons and killers. Man Im dumb

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Ok, NV Tifa and NV Cloud now both have all of their Brave Abilities at Lvl5. I think next time I'll just look up the totals of materials needed as opposed to just looking to see how many I need for each step and going back and forth from King Mog to the unit page. I burned through NRG pots to get that done but I feel like it would be easy enough to do it over the two weeks of the event.

Now I can focus on DV this weekend and then get back to the MK event to grab the rest of the event point rewards and stock up on brave ability mats.

Speaking of DV, I'm excited to see how my scores go with the new units I've acquired and grabbing MMXon. Physical stages will be Cloud/Tifa territory, and for magic stages I have Ace/Rem/Kuja.

• Options
    And over here I still can't manage to kill either of the challenge things. How annoying.

• Options
    And over here I still can't manage to kill either of the challenge things. How annoying.

For the daily, try to hit up the regular mog king until you get to 10k points and 7* Reno. He has 75% breaks that should soften everything up. Use Aerith if you have her, even at just 6* to heal and stuff.

For the Guardian thing, are you wiping out the Break bar before attacking? Take MM Xon or White Mage Rosa and dual wield them a great sword and fist weapon and then use their multi-hit abilities out of the gate. That should empty the break bar on one or two rounds. When the break bar is down, you'll do the normal amounts of damage. Also don't be fooled into taking only FF7 units for this, you can gear any unit and go in like it's a mini trial with a real tank/breaker/etc..

• Options
    Note, the Necrolizard is immune to DEF/SPR breaks, so don't worry about trying to use those.

• Options
    Yeah, I managed just now, after getting Reno to 7*. Him having area breaks was pretty clutch.

As for the other guy, see, thing is that it has some pretty bloody high HP going on. As in "break the break bar, do a full preparatory lightning chain of lightning-accelerate-daggers with two 3000 MAG BBRems, take 8% of its health" high HP. But well, while I can't chain Tifas for beans because multicasting SR breaks constantly, chaining Rems instead and having +1 Tifa finishing on T2 with buffed LB worked quite well.

So I guess I have plans for both of these. Still annoying though.

• Options
    Can you chain Divine Ruination? Tifas Final Heaven has a real high modifier still. Use the coin shop materials to raise Promise From Cloud and it goes even higher.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    DR does seem to work. Sadly one of my Tifas is unenhanced now because I'm a moron (see post in previous page) and gil is a touch too tight to fully enhance the new one the way the other one is. God, my money is straight up vanishing with all this. I'm under 8 million now. I got multiple units waiting for money to get their STMR - including having gotten Kimono fina #4 on the free summon today.

EDIT: Has anyone mathed out how many emblems does one need to fully upgrade Tifa and Cloud? With a kill on this boss giving 19-20 emblems, it looks like this is going to involve a lot of smacking this one dude.

Drascin on
  • Options
    DR does seem to work. Sadly one of my Tifas is unenhanced now because I'm a moron (see post in previous page) and gil is a touch too tight to fully enhance the new one the way the other one is. God, my money is straight up vanishing with all this. I'm under 8 million now. I got multiple units waiting for money to get their STMR - including having gotten Kimono fina #4 on the free summon today.

EDIT: Has anyone mathed out how many emblems does one need to fully upgrade Tifa and Cloud? With a kill on this boss giving 19-20 emblems, it looks like this is going to involve a lot of smacking this one dude.

Have you used all your gil maps yet? Also check all your old currency if theres left around and sell it.

• Options

Have you used all your gil maps yet? Also check all your old currency if theres left around and sell it.

I do have a few.

Anyway, honestly, the emblem thing actually annoys me the most about all this NV stuff, I think. With normal enhancements, you can just wait until you have the money or the crysts for it. Non-limited units you miss can likely be obtained later from random offbanner drops. But far as I can tell this Planet challenge is the only way to get the emblems you need to upgrade NV abilities, and the fight goes away in two weeks? So, what happens if you can't manage to get all the emblems in that time?

• Options

I do have a few.

Anyway, honestly, the emblem thing actually annoys me the most about all this NV stuff, I think. With normal enhancements, you can just wait until you have the money or the crysts for it. Non-limited units you miss can likely be obtained later from random offbanner drops. But far as I can tell this Planet challenge is the only way to get the emblems you need to upgrade NV abilities, and the fight goes away in two weeks? So, what happens if you can't manage to get all the emblems in that time?

It comes back at some point. It has to because Cloud never leaves the pool, so new players who pull him will eventually need it in the future. I imagine once there's more of them for the different units, they'll start becoming a rotating feature.

• Options
    They mentioned during the livestream that the emblem farming stages will return on a rotation schedule. If you want to prioritize, I'd go for Tifa's passives first, since they're the ones that mean the most. Her other abilities are nice but she's gonna mostly be wanting to charge up and use her LB.