As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    every time u defer it gets cheaper - it shows u how much cheaper it will be next time when u go for the defer

Deferring more than once stacks? Or am I misunderstanding the every time part of that

ye it stacks

for example i had a 6l unique chest that was initially 12k but after multiple deferrals i got it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    It took me way too long to get to maps for me to want to do it a second time. Although I do have a Tabula Rasa now, which would hopefully help.

And perhaps I could try learning how to go fast.

JRXs go fast plan:

At least 2 quicksilver flasks (one from the medicine chest quest in act 1). Constantly use them.

Goldrim, Wanderlust, Praxis, and either Kikazaru if you need the regen or Le Heup if you need the stats.

Look for cheap unique weapons like Brightbeak, Lifesprig, or Redbeak.

Don't do any quest that doesn't advance the story or result in a skill point, unless you absolutely have to see Siosa.

A good set of starting gear costs about 10c in trade, if not less, and will allow you to just blow through the campaign.

Also, skip killing anything that isn't a blue pack or multiple overlapping white packs. Pick a skill that lets you kill things without you needing to stand still. Spells are almost always faster than melee, if only because melee skills are much more reliant on your weapon stats.

Pick up Smoke Mine and Flame Dash. Throw the mine and teleport to it, then use flame dash. It's much more efficient than just flame dashing twice.

True speed runnery guys can do kitava without doing quests or lab in ~3 hours regularly (fresh run, no uniques). I can do six or seven, with labs and quests, if I've got a good build (and I'm pretty awful). any MS uniques is going to cut that down dramatically.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It took me way too long to get to maps for me to want to do it a second time. Although I do have a Tabula Rasa now, which would hopefully help.

And perhaps I could try learning how to go fast.

Watch Zizaran's play with me series. It really helped me with what order to do things, and what I can skip.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    One big thing

Don't return to town every single time you get a quest reward. I usually do it once per act and cash in all them goodies at once.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    No PoE for me this weekend as I was participating in the virtual 24 Hours of Daytona with some friends. Now that I'm back to it, my Witch is 71 and I'm nearing the end of the campaign (I did not use any of the go fast tricks above).

Once I'm done with Act 10 what's the "end game" at that point, starting to do maps?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    No PoE for me this weekend as I was participating in the virtual 24 Hours of Daytona with some friends. Now that I'm back to it, my Witch is 71 and I'm nearing the end of the campaign (I did not use any of the go fast tricks above).

Once I'm done with Act 10 what's the "end game" at that point, starting to do maps?

Yep! You may want to try to knock out your third labyrinth before you finish act 10 (since you get another resistance debuff after you finish a10 -- not necessary but helpful) then it's off to the wild world of maps.

The game has a little story introduction to maps after you finish act 10, so it will set you on the path.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I do think it's telling that a very common complaint is "the acts are too long" and the answer that GGG seems happiest with is "play the game as little as possible". 6-9 in particular always feel bloated to me and are where all of my alts end up petering out.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Yeah acts 6-9, for being the newest content, are really slogs.

I sometimes wonder if they started on content for the expansion of these acts and stopped halfway, took all of that new stuff and stuck it into the PoE2 bucket, and then just cranked out acts 5-10 using currently existing assets. Because man, that back half of the campaign feels real barebones compared to acts 1-4 and even now all of the lore and story going into mapping.

• Options
    Not really sure that complaint is unique to GGG/PoE though. Every ARPG I've ever played with some consistency you reach an eventual point where the player bases answer to everything is "move quicker, get through it faster". Especially where the replay value is effectively seasonal races to the top. A core of the game becomes optimizing how little time you can spend in the "not end game" sections.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Not really sure that complaint is unique to GGG/PoE though. Every ARPG I've ever played with some consistency you reach an eventual point where the player bases answer to everything is "move quicker, get through it faster". Especially where the replay value is effectively seasonal races to the top. A core of the game becomes optimizing how little time you can spend in the "not end game" sections.

Right, but at some point, I would like to just skip the acts, kthx

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

I mean, it doesn't necessarily. D3's best acts were the odd numbers (1,3,5).

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    It's interesting to see I'm so much in the minority; I quite like the second half of the plot, and my least favorite act by a mile is act 2, which is the first one they did. I do wonder if this isn't because I did so much playing when the acts were doing acts 1-3 or 1-4 three repetitive times.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options

Who run's D3's acts anymore though? D3 completely end-arounded the problem by adding adventure mode. I haven't played through the D3 story in any season for...years.

• Options

Who run's D3's acts anymore though? D3 completely end-arounded the problem by adding adventure mode. I haven't played through the D3 story in any season for...years.

Yeah this is true. I actually tried not so recently to do the story, got to the part where you kill Haedrig's wife, and just gave up and did adventure.

I think PoE could do the same thing, and they could tie skill points to levels so some would give 2, and at like 30 you could pick the bandit thing. Just start out in your hideout doing missions for the masters, Delve, and whatnot until you get to 68.

• Options

Sure, but the developer still needs to make sure that the not endgame sections provide a worthwhile experience to the less optimized player. Especially if some of your general design goals encourages players to run through it multiple times a season. I don't think the back half hits this bar, particularly on a second playthrough.

• Options

Yeah this is true. I actually tried not so recently to do the story, got to the part where you kill Haedrig's wife, and just gave up and did adventure.

I think PoE could do the same thing, and they could tie skill points to levels so some would give 2, and at like 30 you could pick the bandit thing. Just start out in your hideout doing missions for the masters, Delve, and whatnot until you get to 68.

That was one of the best things about endless Delve, just doing stuff and levelling, not worrying about my pace running past 80% of the mobs in a zone.

Honestly just unlocking all the zones and waypoints and letting you run what you feel like would be a huge qol change. It would at least remove the situation where engaging in content and the league mechanics is actively detrimental.

• Options
    They have these masters, have 1 sell gear, 1 sell magic stuff, and 1 sell skill gems that unlock the same way they do in story mode.

Use the progression to find parts of the Atlas to bring it back so it's not just mindless leveling, but it's not a standardized story either.

• Options
    90% of PoE is located after act 10 anyway.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    They could do it like D3 did it initially. If you've completed the story, adventure mode was open on every character from that point.

In PoE, if you've completed act 10 and the map story stuff, new characters will just have the world unlocked, with a vendor where you can buy the skill point rewards or something. Or JRX's idea to add an extra point to some levels and just picking the bandit reward at level 30.

Doubt it happens for PoE, but given their vastly superior resources in developing PoE2 hopefully we'll see more QoL stuff like that.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I just can't wait for when labyrinth isn't a thing anymore. It's just so tedious.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    An alternate adventure mode for leveling is definitely the top of my list; it's too much to hope for, I'm sure. I'm already steeling myself to what POE2 is actually gonna be - almost the same game and same problems (minus the 6link frustration) and another/alternate storyline to be bored with while getting to maps & masters.

Gonna keep expectations real low based on the insanity that you see other places about what POE2 is gonna solve/change (obv not here, been pretty reasonable).

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I don't even mind labyrinth, it's kinda fun
    Fuck all the trials though, that shit suuuuuuuuucks

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I just can't wait for when labyrinth isn't a thing anymore. It's just so tedious.

Labs are easily my favorite part of the game. They're nowhere near as brutal as they once were, back before every build had access to 15 different instant-speed dashes and 40 different ways to leech life.

I also wish I could just repeat acts 1-3 three times again. I don't hate acts 4-9 (fuck act 10), but I really feel the love of acts 1-3. I also enjoyed being able to get multiple different bandit specializations.

Adventure mode would be pretty great, too.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Saldonas wrote: »

You using PoeLAB?

aq1tyfvzraz5.png

https://www.poelab.com/

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Level 91, chugging along. I think I should try to up my damage at this point because I have 7.8k eHP and big life and ES regen.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I usually don’t reach endgame in POE but I don’t hurt for the lack of Adventure Mode — IMO the leveling gameplay isn’t that bad. Whereas D3 shares the Borderlands thing of story-mode writing grating on my nerves, and also keeps the pace of gameplay pretty slow for the bulk of it.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    For fun I rewatched the trailer and gameplay preview of PoE 2. I had completely forgotten what a big graphical upgrade it is over PoE 1.

I don't exactly think the current PoE looks bad, but PoE 2 looks really nice.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    lab owns i go into lab im l ike sup izaro hes like sup we vibe

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So, what's the bulkiest passive pet build right now

So that I can maybe not die so much when it freezes for several seconds

edit: finally getting to start mapping turned out to be kinda nightmarish since there are like 3 different league things in each one, so there are way more points of loading in new bullshit and freezing up

Ranlin on
  • Options
    any high hp necro build with a shield, bone offering, shield charge w/ fort, couple defensive flasks and the regen stuff w/ 1-2 defensive curses is going to be essentially unkillable, especially with a reasonable amount of minion taunt

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    any high hp necro build with a shield, bone offering, shield charge w/ fort, couple defensive flasks and the regen stuff w/ 1-2 defensive curses is going to be essentially unkillable, especially with a reasonable amount of minion taunt

I was gonna do this but

I went with queens escape, the stampede, and flesh offering because speedy speedy killy killy

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    I moved my character out of SSF because I'm getting tired of not finding the last two labyrinth trials and I gotta say the process could be a little bit smoother.

I understand why it does the read-only stash tabs thing, but I feel like it should be able to tell that all my tabs in the target league is empty and just overwrite them with my SSF tabs. And even if the league you're moving to doesn't have an empty stash, having an option to (try to) move everything from a read-only tab to some other tab would make the process much nicer.

Even with ctrl+clicking and stash affinity, it's a lot of clicking to move all the currency, fragments, maps, divination cards and essences from one tab to another.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Even with ctrl+clicking and stash affinity, it's a lot of clicking to move all the currency, fragments, maps, divination cards and essences from one tab to another.

But yOuR fEeLinG Of WeiGHt

• Options
    Well, I got my missing labyrinth trials and I figured I was ready.

Turns out I wasn't.

I did two attempts and both times Izaro smashed in my face in the second fight.

• Options
    I do like how much raw currency I'm getting in rituals. Had enough C to grab each unique axe while levelling and still be increasing my horde. I'm gonna be able to afford a Tabula before I hit maps.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Anyone play on the consoles? Considering switching to XBox so I can play with a controller. After just a couple of weeks of PoE I'm starting to get the wrist issues I had when playing StarCraft regularly years ago.

I've fully switched to console for Diablo 3, so if PoE plays well on consoles and is mostly feature complete to the PC I might switch.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Anyone play on the consoles? Considering switching to XBox so I can play with a controller. After just a couple of weeks of PoE I'm starting to get the wrist issues I had when playing StarCraft regularly years ago.

I've fully switched to console for Diablo 3, so if PoE plays well on consoles and is mostly feature complete to the PC I might switch.

I'm on the Xbox. Game runs and loads fantastically on my Series X but was suffering when I still used a regular XBone.

Biggest complaint is trading, it's functional for items like uniques, gems, and maps (in small one off purchases) but trying to buy rares or maps in bulk can be super frustrating. The economy is also inflated compared to PC with much less sale velocity.

Certain builds may be less usable simply due to the less precise aiming, Lancing Steel at release comes to mind, but I don't usually run builds that would have that issue.

Patches are about a week behind PC.

Overall it's a pretty good experience and better than what I was getting on my laptop.

Carpy on
  • Options
    gnometank when playing poe i sometimes put on one of those wrist braces and go full slump mode i think it probs helps with making things less stressful for ur wrist even if it makes ur movements a bit clonkier

but i dont have wrist probs really i just do it preventatively but it deffo feels comfy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I made an Ancestral Warchief Chieftain following the build that @fRAWRst was talking about. I cleared the story and im about level 70, i need to retool some of my gear to get my resists up and boost str more. This thing owns, I've never had an easier time breezing through the story. Can't wait until i get a few new peices of gear and then see how far i can push it

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    its got alot of room for growth

pob puts me at 3.5m per totem x 3, and 800k ancestral x2

J3qcnBP.png