As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: Ow My Balls Edition

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Grafton NH is a.. special place. I always dread a little bit when I have a job there.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    The Bear Minimum

Nitsua said they've done it multiple times. Bears repeating.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    If you're talking about Grafton and the bears you have to post the article: "The Town That Went Feral".

It's worth a read if you have the time and haven't already. If you don't have the time, tl;dr DON'T FEED THE BEARS.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    If you're talking about Grafton and the bears you have to post the article: "The Town That Went Feral".

It's worth a read if you have the time and haven't already. If you don't have the time, tl;dr DON'T FEED THE BEARS.

You can't tell me what to do!!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Tl;dr Libertarians

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Tl;dr Libeartarians

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    You guys are unbearable with these puns. Guess I should just grin and bear it.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    You guys are unbearable with these puns. Guess I should just grin and bear it.

They're pretty ursinine.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    bad news:
    car erratically driving around townsquare.

gone right? (not for the driver at least)
    he's stopped by pedestrian in a certain way.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/26/man-jumps-feet-first-into-moving-car-to-stop-dangerous-driver-in-albania

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    bad news:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/26/man-jumps-feet-first-into-moving-car-to-stop-dangerous-driver-in-albania

"Bro, what are you doing?!"

"Don't worry, I saw this in a Jackie Chan movie!" *dropkicks through window*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Taken from the SE++ Youtube thread:
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Tweets that contain two videos, about a man who was paralyzed below the shoulders (bad news)

but recovered faster than anyone expected (gone right)

with the incentive from his friend that once he finished PT he could kick him in the balls (ow my balls)

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    bad news:

This guy just blew his secret identity and now some Albanian superteam is missing their acrobatic hero.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    bad news:

"Bro, what are you doing?!"

"Don't worry, I saw this in a Jackie Chan movie!" *dropkicks through window*

Like seriously that's an insane kick, if he actually connected with the driver on it, the driver probably still dizzy from it, if even conscious yet.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Taken from the SE++ Youtube thread:
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Tweets that contain two videos, about a man who was paralyzed below the shoulders (bad news)

but recovered faster than anyone expected (gone right)

with the incentive from his friend that once he finished PT he could kick him in the balls (ow my balls)

I sent that to my friend, a PT, who said "We call that a patient specific goal. "

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Police called about grenade, find weapon of ass destruction:
    A German police bomb squad called to investigate a suspected hand grenade in a Bavarian forest has revealed that the object was a rubber sex toy.

A jogger reported finding a bag containing the device on Monday in a forest outside the city of Passau, near Germany’s borders with Austria and the Czech Republic.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Also, town suffers a rather Canadian data outage:
    About 900 Internet users in Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, lost service for 36 hours when beavers chewed through an underground fiber cable in what network operator Telus called a "very bizarre and uniquely Canadian turn of events."

"Our team located a nearby dam, and it appears the beavers dug underground alongside the creek to reach our cable, which is buried about three feet underground and protected by a 4.5-inch thick conduit. The beavers first chewed through the conduit before chewing through the cable in multiple locations," the statement from Telus said, according to a CBC article posted Sunday.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    You just know they were trying to splice their own cables to steal access for their lodge, and fucked it.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the story of that NH town that was taken over by libertarians. No one could agree on what to do about the bears and even when someone tried doing something about it their efforts were sabotaged by their neighbors.

Lol libertarians.

It's so incredibly stupid. What even enabled us weak naked apes to do anything was working together, and the more of us work together, the stronger the group generally is.

But please, libertarians dehumanize yourself and face to bear

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A German police bomb squad called to investigate a suspected hand grenade in a Bavarian forest has revealed that the object was a rubber sex toy.

A jogger reported finding a bag containing the device on Monday in a forest outside the city of Passau, near Germany’s borders with Austria and the Czech Republic.

Great, some arsehole's wandered off with my grenade

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Given the diameter of what it was impersonating, that's not something for beginners.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Given the diameter of what it was impersonating, that's not something for beginners.

Given that grenades don't have a flared base it's not something for anyone without some modification. Unless you enjoy awkward ER stories I guess.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Given that grenades don't have a flared base it's not something for anyone without some modification. Unless you enjoy awkward ER stories I guess.

that's...that's my fetish?

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/europe/sex-toy-grenade-germany-scli-intl/index.html
    This article has a photo of the object in question.

Note that there's an implication that this was a sex toy, and some articles are calling it a sex toy, but that's not really supported by the evidence. The actual grenade-style sex toys I found were more "inspired by" the grenade shape, and are actually designed to be used. What they found is just a rubber grenade replica, condoms, and lube. The grenade replica is no more a sex toy than a cucumber is.

• Options

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/europe/sex-toy-grenade-germany-scli-intl/index.html

Note that there's an implication that this was a sex toy, and some articles are calling it a sex toy, but that's not really supported by the evidence. The actual grenade-style sex toys I found were more "inspired by" the grenade shape, and are actually designed to be used. What they found is just a rubber grenade replica, condoms, and lube. The grenade replica is no more a sex toy than a cucumber is.

Anything is a sex toy if you're brave enough.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

PAIGE NO

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Counter argument:
    ez3qo1si6u9x.png
    It's for cleaning battery terminals you sick freak.

Hevach on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Somebody's into that, trust me.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    That's just SUPER effective birth control.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    PAIGE YES

sig.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

On a related note they're also into ER visits and reconstructive surgery.

Look, don't kink shame.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Thread title is evergreen.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Thread title is evergreen.

No, that was the ship.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Today in NOPE, world's largest NOPE opens in Portugal:

https://youtu.be/y-qi9xhTDJQ

• Options
    That looks bad but at least OH FUCK NO THE FLOOR IS MESH I CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH IT

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    People are going to drop so much trash off of that thing.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    People are going to drop so much people off of that thing.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    People are going to drop so much trash off of that thing.

Hey my paper airplanes aren't trash they're recycling thank you very much

• Options
    British police caught up in low speed chase:
    Police pursued a narrowboat for eight miles (12.8km) along a city canal to secure the arrest of a wanted man.

The slow-moving operation took place along Leicester's Grand Union Canal on Wednesday.

One of the officers involved joked he had been waiting 15 years to be involved in a water pursuit in land-locked Leicestershire.

The 37-year-old suspect, who was wanted over an assault, was detained when he stepped off at a lock.

On Twitter, the local policing team said the boat had a top speed of about four miles per hour (6km/h).

They said officers waited in undergrowth near Lock 37 in Glen Parva and swooped in to detain the man when he stepped off the boat.

• Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    Today in NOPE, world's largest NOPE opens in Portugal:

https://youtu.be/y-qi9xhTDJQ

I'ma gonna do that once the pandemic is over :)

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    British police caught up in low speed chase:
    Police pursued a narrowboat for eight miles (12.8km) along a city canal to secure the arrest of a wanted man.

The slow-moving operation took place along Leicester's Grand Union Canal on Wednesday.

One of the officers involved joked he had been waiting 15 years to be involved in a water pursuit in land-locked Leicestershire.

The 37-year-old suspect, who was wanted over an assault, was detained when he stepped off at a lock.

On Twitter, the local policing team said the boat had a top speed of about four miles per hour (6km/h).

They said officers waited in undergrowth near Lock 37 in Glen Parva and swooped in to detain the man when he stepped off the boat.

This feels like it was a deleted scene from Hot Fuzz.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
This discussion has been closed.