[Streaming Services] Cable Television for the Internet Age

HefflingHeffling No PicEverRegistered User regular
Here's a place to talk about all shows and movies streaming.

If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
«13456711

Posts

  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    There's too many streaming options!

    My favorite shows are scattered among all of them!

    My cumulative streaming bill is almost as expensive as cable TV!

    Who the fuck is actually watching Apple TV?

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    KoopahTroopahshrykeRingojkylefulton
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i keep seeing movies for apple tv that i think...hmm that would be interesting to watch, but i've never had the thought that i need apple tv for anything else.

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    We’ve capped out around five streaming options. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Whatever, and Amazon though that one is solely because of our delivery subscription.

    The first four are around $58 a month. Hard to quantify the last since it just kinda showed up.

    All in all, still much better than cable.

    RedTideSmrtnik
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Up to episode 7 of bly house. 5 was definitely the anchor of the show.

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Extra-Life 2020: KoopahTroopah
    Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    We're still slowly working our way through Deep Space Nine. Currently finished up the first of what I assume to be a two-part episode near the end of season 3. Once we finish the season, we'll probably be taking a break to watch something else.

    Stabbity StylePailrydershrykeRingo
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    We do Netflix at $16, Disney+ for about $3, Shudder for a bit less than $5 and HBO Max for now for $15. Hulu is bundled in with Spotify Premium, which I have (had?) for work, at no additional cost. Prime is something we had prior to any video just for shipping benefits, and would continue to retain just for shipping benefits, so I don't double count the cost when budgeting.

    So, $39 per month and that will drop once my wife finishes a couple of HBO shows and we cancel it until something else comes up. I'll add a channel through Amazon for $3-5 a month once in a while to watch something I can't find elsewhere and keep it long enough to burn through anything else that looks good. Overall things are way cheaper than they ever were with cable, and I can't keep up with everything I'd like to watch as it is so I'm very ok with missing things that remain exclusive to other services. I've heard enough good things that I'd like to watch Ted Lasso, but I have more than enough other stuff to watch that I'm just fine without it.

  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    (I sponged off my girlfriend's Disney+ for Mandalorian, but that's the only show on there I care about.)

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    I only do Netflix right now but I periodically turn on HBO streaming for a month and binge everything I want. Will probably do the same for Disney+ when second season of Mandalorian drops.

    I just can’t justify keeping them all year round.

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone got a rundown on animes to watch out for this season? Haven't really paid much attention or heard much about anything. I know they're doing some more Haikyuu, which has my hype, but I dunno beyond that.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    delf4
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon, but basically all I do these days is play video games while listening to YouTube in the background.

    Also Crunchyroll, which I will probably drop soon because anime is terrible and no one should watch it.

    RT800 on
    HappylilElf
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    We have: Cable! Everything but Starz, Prime, Netflix(4K), Hulu(no ads), Disney+ and PBS Kids. I really want to prune this down, but if I want to watch the Lightning play, as of last time I checked I need the highest tier of Cable, but I could probably drop all the movie channels as I think I’m the only one in the house that actually looks through them and watches maybe 3 movies a month. Prime is like everyone has said before, a side benefit of Prime. Hulu my wife uses to watch shows. Netflix, Disney+ and PBS Kids is what my 5 year old uses, plus Prime.

    All said, I have way to much and would love to get rid of Netflix(it’s a slog for me to find something other than thing I’ve already watched or Horror which I don’t like), Disney+(Mando was only thing worth it so far and it’s coming up to a year old now), and maybe Hulu but it’s good for watching some series.

    The really sad part is that the 5 year old is missing some shows due to how splintered Prime has gotten. PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, etc all charging for their handful of things. She will often come up and ask why she can’t watch something she’s watched before, due to it ending up on it’s own streaming service, which for kids is really a bunch of bullshit. There should be some option to bundle all the kids channels in one stream!

    1258853.png
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    We’ve capped out around five streaming options. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Whatever, and Amazon though that one is solely because of our delivery subscription.

    The first four are around $58 a month. Hard to quantify the last since it just kinda showed up.

    All in all, still much better than cable.

    Don't forget to add in the cost of your internet connection.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    People blew up Tiger King because of how unbelievably absurd the events covered were. It wasn't that viewers were horrified, it was more disbelief at how bizarre and convoluted the story of a tiger zoo owner vs a tiger sanctuary owner and activist got, with Joe Exotic as this brazenly outrageous buffoon. In short, Tiger King was an absurdist comedy that minimized talking about the abused tigers or Joe Exotic's racism so it could focus on things like "Joe obsessively fumes over and antagonizes Carole Baskins, Joe walks into the gift shop and bluntly announces to the customers somebody's arm just got bitten off, Joe gets into politics, Joe talks about his husband's testicles at said husband's funeral, Joe makes weird country music videos, etc."

    In contrast, The Vow is focused on something super fucked up and hard to make memes about. I plan to watch it, but the most I've heard about it is "that one actress from Smallville was in a sex cult, how crazy is that?"

    Hexmage-PA on
    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    Stabbity StyleShadowfireRickRudeemp123
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    If I had to guess, I’d say the amount of coverage NXVIUM or however you spell it had already gotten dampened interest in the doc a bit. The Joe Exotic thing, from what I can tell (haven’t seen it), wrapped up something nobody had really heard of before in a bit of absurdity and presented it as light viewing. The Vow is coming out like two years later to retread a story that has already been well covered for anybody who’s interested. That’s not a recipe for viral success, I guess?

    RickRude
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think it was a mistake to keep some of the same cast for the second Haunting series. The accents just aren't good enough for some of the characters and the show would have been better served with people who could manage them. The English ones are just a little off but the guy doing a Scots one makes me regularly wince.

    Anyway, I'm enjoying the show despite this, which is nice.
    Hannah is definitely a ghost of some kind, though, right?

    KoopahTroopah
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    We’ve capped out around five streaming options. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Whatever, and Amazon though that one is solely because of our delivery subscription.

    The first four are around $58 a month. Hard to quantify the last since it just kinda showed up.

    All in all, still much better than cable.

    Don't forget to add in the cost of your internet connection.

    Nah. Internet was a separate part of my budget that I had to pay in addition to cable for many years. It's basically essential, unlike cable/video services, and so remains separate for me now.

    RingoN1tSt4lkerkime
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    mcdermott wrote: »
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    If I had to guess, I’d say the amount of coverage NXVIUM or however you spell it had already gotten dampened interest in the doc a bit. The Joe Exotic thing, from what I can tell (haven’t seen it), wrapped up something nobody had really heard of before in a bit of absurdity and presented it as light viewing. The Vow is coming out like two years later to retread a story that has already been well covered for anybody who’s interested. That’s not a recipe for viral success, I guess?

    For reference, here's a scene from the final episode of Tiger King, after Joe Exotic was been sent to prison.



    I both sincerely doubt anything like this is in The Vow, and also sincerely hope there's not.

    EDIT: Apparently one of the other tiger zoo owners featured in Tiger King, "Doc" Bhagavan Antle, was just indicted yesterday on two felony wildlife trafficking charges.

    Hexmage-PA on
    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    ShadowfireStabbity StyleN1tSt4lker
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    We’ve capped out around five streaming options. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Whatever, and Amazon though that one is solely because of our delivery subscription.

    The first four are around $58 a month. Hard to quantify the last since it just kinda showed up.

    All in all, still much better than cable.

    Don't forget to add in the cost of your internet connection.

    Nah. Internet was a separate part of my budget that I had to pay in addition to cable for many years. It's basically essential, unlike cable/video services, and so remains separate for me now.

    Oh, huh, that's an interesting way of looking at it.

    I always considered my TV / Internet bundle versus my Streaming / Internet cost, which is about the same.

    Though I don't consider Shudder even a subscription, it's $70 a year to support Joe Bob Briggs and Darcy to do whatever they want.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Ringo
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Straygatsby on
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Man, thank you to all of you who kept recommending Cobra Kai. It's been a lot of fun.

    MegaMan001Hexmage-PABanzai5150Johnny ChopsockyAphostileTeriferinCommunistCow
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Check out Pluto TV, ton of free channels to flip through.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    KoopahTroopahDoodmann
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I don't remember hearing about it here, although search seems to indicate there were a few mentions, but since I just watched it recently and there's a new thread, I figured I'd hype it up some:

    The Great Pretender is an anime on Netflix - it is basically Leverage the TV show done in the style of Cowboy Bebop and I thought it was phenomenal. The animation is fantastic, the music is great, it's funny, it's just all around a very well done show. The end credits even uses Freddie Mercury.

    Only the first two thirds of the series are out currently, but it's split up into "cases" and the current episodes are the first three cases, with the last third of the episodes being the fourth case. So you can watch what is currently available without being left hanging. And the last case should be released relatively soon, likely in about a month if the timing is similar to the first section.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    RingoHexmage-PAGiantGeek2020ShadowfireHefflingkime
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    We have: Cable! Everything but Starz, Prime, Netflix(4K), Hulu(no ads), Disney+ and PBS Kids. I really want to prune this down, but if I want to watch the Lightning play, as of last time I checked I need the highest tier of Cable, but I could probably drop all the movie channels as I think I’m the only one in the house that actually looks through them and watches maybe 3 movies a month. Prime is like everyone has said before, a side benefit of Prime. Hulu my wife uses to watch shows. Netflix, Disney+ and PBS Kids is what my 5 year old uses, plus Prime.

    All said, I have way to much and would love to get rid of Netflix(it’s a slog for me to find something other than thing I’ve already watched or Horror which I don’t like), Disney+(Mando was only thing worth it so far and it’s coming up to a year old now), and maybe Hulu but it’s good for watching some series.

    The really sad part is that the 5 year old is missing some shows due to how splintered Prime has gotten. PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, etc all charging for their handful of things. She will often come up and ask why she can’t watch something she’s watched before, due to it ending up on it’s own streaming service, which for kids is really a bunch of bullshit. There should be some option to bundle all the kids channels in one stream!

    PBS Kids has it's own app, and it is Free, highly recomend. My daughter loves Wild Kratts and it's how she sees every episode.

  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Check out Pluto TV, ton of free channels to flip through.

    They have a Baywatch channel!

    I've watched entirely too much Baywatch this summer.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    thatassemblyguyRickRudeRingo
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I just now downloaded peacock but from the ads for it it seems like there's a lot of free content in there.

    Right now I'm mooching but I have access to hulu +live tv, disney+(from Verizon) netflix and prime. I've actually been kind of impressed with hulu live, but I do wonder what kind of cable/directv package you can get at that price. It's probably similar.

  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think it was a mistake to keep some of the same cast for the second Haunting series. The accents just aren't good enough for some of the characters and the show would have been better served with people who could manage them. The English ones are just a little off but the guy doing a Scots one makes me regularly wince.

    Anyway, I'm enjoying the show despite this, which is nice.
    Hannah is definitely a ghost of some kind, though, right?

    The guy doing the Scots accent was also pretty weak with his American in season 1. Not that I could tell he wasn't American, we generally have tin ears for accents around here, but it shows up in the acting. A bad American accent usually just makes an actor look stiff or dopey. It sounds right and looks wrong to me.

  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I finished Utopia this weekend. It should have been way up my alley but it just felt flaccid and I can't quite put my finger on why.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    Romantic UndeadTheBlackWind
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    If I had to guess, I’d say the amount of coverage NXVIUM or however you spell it had already gotten dampened interest in the doc a bit. The Joe Exotic thing, from what I can tell (haven’t seen it), wrapped up something nobody had really heard of before in a bit of absurdity and presented it as light viewing. The Vow is coming out like two years later to retread a story that has already been well covered for anybody who’s interested. That’s not a recipe for viral success, I guess?

    For reference, here's a scene from the final episode of Tiger King, after Joe Exotic was been sent to prison.



    I both sincerely doubt anything like this is in The Vow, and also sincerely hope there's not.

    EDIT: Apparently one of the other tiger zoo owners featured in Tiger King, "Doc" Bhagavan Antle, was just indicted yesterday on two felony wildlife trafficking charges.

    Speaking of sex cults...

    RickRudeStabbity StyleHappylilElfSmrtnik
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Check out Pluto TV, ton of free channels to flip through.

    They have a Baywatch channel!

    I've watched entirely too much Baywatch this summer.

    They also have (had?) an american Gladiators channel.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Doodmann
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    emp123 wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    People blew up about how fucked up Tiger King was but I'm watching The Vow and I don't get how I heard nothing about this.

    This is so much more horrifying.

    I guess maybe "Irredeemable asshole uses cult to coerce as many women as possible into sex" is less shocking?

    If I had to guess, I’d say the amount of coverage NXVIUM or however you spell it had already gotten dampened interest in the doc a bit. The Joe Exotic thing, from what I can tell (haven’t seen it), wrapped up something nobody had really heard of before in a bit of absurdity and presented it as light viewing. The Vow is coming out like two years later to retread a story that has already been well covered for anybody who’s interested. That’s not a recipe for viral success, I guess?

    For reference, here's a scene from the final episode of Tiger King, after Joe Exotic was been sent to prison.



    I both sincerely doubt anything like this is in The Vow, and also sincerely hope there's not.

    EDIT: Apparently one of the other tiger zoo owners featured in Tiger King, "Doc" Bhagavan Antle, was just indicted yesterday on two felony wildlife trafficking charges.

    Speaking of sex cults...

    Ya tiger king had some of everything. And I'm sure ill the catch the vow sometime, but I've heard the story a bunch of times on 20/20, dateline, stuff like that I was watching with my mom. I feel like I've heard most of the juicy bits and know the general jist.

    Tiger king was just so out there, unique, and while I normally don't watch something with people I feel are horrible, I couldn't turn my eyes away. You'd think things wouldn't get worse or somebody couldn't get worse and yes, yes they can.

    And about tiger sanctuaries? I didn't even know it was a big thing. There is one a half hour away from me I've thought about going to though

    RickRude on
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Check out Pluto TV, ton of free channels to flip through.

    They have a Baywatch channel!

    I've watched entirely too much Baywatch this summer.

    They also have (had?) an american Gladiators channel.

    New, old, or both? I loved me some american gladiators

  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I have Prime because I'm gonna have Prime anyway, then Netflix and Hulu for about $30 combined, and I just threw HBO Max into the mix for a month or two while I binge some stuff. I don't feel I'm missing anything.

    This is what we do. Our "always on" trinity is Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and we optionally "turn on" CBS/HBO/Showtime/whatever is coming out next week to scoop up a series of shows for a month then immediately cancel it (e.g. in January, I'll turn on CBS to chew through Discovery and anything else that popped up then turn it right back off).

    That said, I do miss casually flipping through a hundred channels, easy DVR access, and live TV. None of these 3 things is done well enough by any service for me to pay for right now, but I'll probably keep the cord cut anyway just out of spite for the shitty cable monopoly in my area.



    Check out Pluto TV, ton of free channels to flip through.

    They have a Baywatch channel!

    I've watched entirely too much Baywatch this summer.

    They also have (had?) an american Gladiators channel.

    What?! That is amazing! I haven't watched that show since I was like 10. On second thought I now fear that only heartbreak can follow if I watch it at this point.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Elite Registered User regular
    I cancelled my Netflix today, and I've now cut everything but Amazon Prime which pays for itself with shipping (although I have been trying to avoid using Amazon in general except for hard to find things), but I think I might cancel that come January. I just want to be pure.



    DanHibiki
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    It's on xbox apps,may as well check it out if it's free. Downloading it now.

    Edit pluto tv looks pretty dope. Wonder how bad the commercials will be. They have quite a few movies and tv shows.

    RickRude on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 13
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I finished Utopia this weekend. It should have been way up my alley but it just felt flaccid and I can't quite put my finger on why.

    Same! I think it has to do with how cheap life seems to be in that show. By the end, it almost feels like:
    They appear to want to attempt to redeem Arby and Jessica, despite being, you know, psycho murderers

    Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Doodmann
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Watching election right now with the gf as she's never seen it. Ads on pluto tv don't seem bad. And I never had to create an account or anything

    Gonna check out peacock after this movie.

  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Bly House:
    Fucking end of Episode 7... Jesus. I felt like the episode was super stretched, but man those last two scenes.

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Extra-Life 2020: KoopahTroopah
    Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaand I've officially blown past "Jesus... this is all so fucked up and horrible" and hit white hot rage with episode 8 of The Vow

  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    Aaaaaaand I've officially blown past "Jesus... this is all so fucked up and horrible" and hit white hot rage with episode 8 of The Vow

    Yeah, I remember when that story made the rounds on true crime podcasts. Like, the surface level “zomg there’s a weird sex cult with all the actresses from Smallville and BSG” that the mainstream media largely stopped with was bad enough. But when you get into the detailed stories of the people that were taken in by it, it’s fucking horrifying.

    Edit: I should probably just watch The Vow. I just worry that it won’t tread any new ground for me.

    mcdermott on
    RickRude
Sign In or Register to comment.