As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Proxy the Elf activated.

Yearly review check: Processing.....404 error....2020 broken.
    Restoring Festive Back-Up: Please wait...Restoring 2020....Please wait...Restarting.

Festivities Reactivated!

Proxy is online. 2020 has been repaired. Full patch release for 2021 upgrade rolling out on January 20th.
    Do not ignore science again meatbags or measures will be taken.

Target Assistance Protocol: Active

Systems check complete.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Proxy! We missed you this year!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    OH well.

Ok then.

I will share duties with the automation. I will not be outclassed!

I mean, I probably will but still.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I briefly considered possibly delivering the fastest gifting of all time...but instead I will bide my time (and also wait for some shipping)!

I was slow to sign up this year, but already with my santee I'm excited about some gifts I'm cookin' up!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Proxy the Elf, that’s pretty funny.

I’ve always done the SE++ swap (lonelyahava is super nice and helpful if you need anything!) despite many of my posts being here, so I recognize a decent number of names from this list too.

Should be an interesting year!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    OH well.

Ok then.

It's not that G&T is trying to pit you against an inscrutable magical all seeing automaton.... It's just that g&t would play that game

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    OH well.
    Ok then.

Be careful Ahava, Proxy takes its duties very seriously, and is highly territorial.
    I'm just saying we don't want to have any more pointy candy cane shivings than absolutely necessary this year.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Radiation wrote: »
    SHITS GOING OUT NOW!

Also you guys should post gift gets in both threads. Because this year needs more holiday cheer!

Edit: Actually about a 3rd of the list is going out now. The other 2/3rds should be soonish.
    8ur7dfbsdy70.gif
    But seriously, take your time. <3

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gift #1 ordered

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    *evil maniacal festive laughter*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey, that should be all the matches out!

If you signed up, and have not received a match, please PM myself, lonelyahava or Radiation as soon as possible!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Crossposting from the other thread.
    A box turned up for me today. I ordered something that should be arriving tomorrow, but it should be in a bigger box, and the friends of mine that would surprise me like this have said it's not their doing. I can safely rule out family because they would've mentioned a package being on the way, which leaves the people in this thread. edit- and the G&T participants.
    QGgNQ9L.jpg

So I have to ask, is someone here being a smartass? Because that is solid work.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Hey, that should be all the matches out!

If you signed up, and have not received a match, please PM myself, lonelyahava or Radiation as soon as possible!

Or all three of us.

So we all get to panic equally.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I woke up to a festive [strike]panicked[/strike] scream that my partner was just awarded a teaching fellowship with her MFA program. Thanks santa

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Super excited to start looking up(stalking) my Santee's past posts.

Feel bad for my santa as school/covid has had me too busy to post much this year!

If you're lost, just get me something you enjoy so don't stress out about it!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

In what has to be record time, I have been gifted already!

I was minding my own business earlier today when I accepted a Steam friend request from @Tofystedeth. Saw we had some friends in common and didn't think anything of it.

AND THEN:

2h3wfji0j973.jpg

Thank you for Planet Zoo Deluxe Edition! The funny thing is I almost bought this today for myself but instead picked up a couple of other games!

Merry Christmas!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    9DxtKmH.gif

I have been so busy dealing with work and escrow/everything involved with moving next week that I haven't even had a chance to READ my Santee marching orders yet. But that hasn't stopped @Blackhawk1313 from exploding out of the gate with a triple Steam wishlist orbital bombardment!
    H8ADfxz.jpg

Opening salvo? You mean this is just the start? This is good enough to be the entire gift!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    9DxtKmH.gif

"I've been hit!" -Dover 2020

My Santa hit me with an advanced strike! A wonderfully generous $50 eShop code. I've been eyeing Yoshi's Crafted world for my daughter's Christmas or maybe the MegaMan Zero collection for myself. But who knows, there's so much good stuff to choose from.

And there was more cryptic talk of perhaps physical gifts arriving as well?! Oh boy, the jolly keeps on coming!

Thanks!
    Dover

Edit: Can confirm MegaMan Zero collection is now mine. And I picked up Rush'N Attack, which was a total surprise. I played the hell out of that game at my local arcade when I was 9. Will definitely be playing that soon!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Ok I'm rusty on Santee research. It's been a while since I did, and I used to be so good. Now I don't have Facebook, I apparently can't figure out how to search Twitter or Instagram, and I don't really know of any other social medias to dig through. It isn't like my Santee is a blank slate, I just want to do a good job!

I've already placed an order for one thing, and I think they'll like it well enough, but damnit I'm not settling for well enough! There's so much work to do!

• Options
    9DxtKmH.gif

Wait, another message from Proxy?! What is it now?

"Since you decided to go with MegaMan Zero collection, here's Yoshi's Crafted World :D

My daughter's gonna love it! And apparently there's something else?! My goodness Santa, you're so kind!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I have been so busy dealing with work and escrow/everything involved with moving next week that I haven't even had a chance to READ my Santee marching orders yet. But that hasn't stopped @Blackhawk1313 from exploding out of the gate with a triple Steam wishlist orbital bombardment!
    H8ADfxz.jpg

Opening salvo? You mean this is just the start? This is good enough to be the entire gift!

But of course, there are physical packages to be had as well! Sadly those have not yet transcended beyond to the digital realm for transportation and so must make their way there the more mundane terrestrial method.

Edit:
    Also I should say that The Room VR is probably one of my favorite VR experiences I’ve played. It’s really damn good imo.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Gift sent, stalking was cut short when I saw a thing on their wishlist that I also have and love so my decision was instantly made.

• Options
    So, my Santa, via our Good Friend Proxy, has asked me to provide a wishlist, since I kinda mentioned I might put one together in my note when I signed up.

Um, here goes, I guess.
    So, like I mentioned, I have a really hard time putting these together. All the adults on my side of the family pick names from a hat for our Christmas "assignment" and my sister-in-law basically asked the same question of me a week or so ago. There's not a whole lot of things I need, and most of the fun I've had in Secret Santa has been from folks sending me things they think I'd like. I'm a huge fan of getting to try whatever your regional specialty is or whatever you think is cool. :D I've received books, games, LEGO stuff, candy from foreign lands ...

I'm looking to start painting some miniatures soon - mostly when my Battletech Clan Invasion order arrives some time next year, but I don't really have much in the way of painting supplies. I've got a set of Citadel Shades that I got for my Armada fighters and the brush it came with; I picked up a couple of rattlecans of black and white Army Painter primers ... and that's basically it. The rest of my "painting" was done with ultrafine colored Sharpies. (The Armada fighters look pretty solid on the table with only that much added to them.) I'll be painting at least a handful of my Battletech minis in Oosik parade colors.

My online "dealer" is Delphi Glass. I get most of my stained glass supplies from them, but, like, the exact pieces of glass I need are going to depend pretty heavily on whatever project I decide to do next vs. what I already have on-hand, and the, uh, capital equipment, for lack of a better term, is pretty expensive (e.g., an electric ring saw is a couple hundred dollars; they're kinda specialized power tools, so they've got a captive market). I haven't felt like investing that much money in my hobby, just yet, and so I just don't do patterns that would primarily benefit from being able to cut under like that kind of saw would allow. Since I mostly make my own patterns, I can cheat like that. :D

I've been playing (primarily) D&D and other RPGs for, like, 30 years, and I've got a collection of RPG books that's frankly too big. :D It includes books from: basic D&D, AD&D, 2nd Ed, 3.X, 4E, (never really bought into 5E), Pathfinder, PF2E, 13th Age, All the Matt Colville books; Fate, Tachyon Squadron; Fragged Empires, Fragged Aeternum, Fragged Seas, Fragged Kingdom; Star Wars d6, d20, d20 Revised, Saga Edition, FFG Star Wars (only a couple of books from this one, and haven't had much chance to play it thanks to THE PLAGUE). I've played and loved but don't really own any Shadowrun*, MERPS, Ars Magica.

I've been playing computer games for a slightly longer time - my best friend and next door neighbor's dad had Sopwith on their computer, my dad had Empire ... Eventually, I got an Apple ][e and haven't really looked back.

I love sailing, though I don't get to go very often, and all kinds of Age-of-Sail stuff: from Sid Meier's Pirates! to Horatio Hornblower to Aubrey / Maturin to Honor Harrington to Midshipman's Hope to Two Years Before the Mast, etc. I picked a 3-decker for my Steam avatar. I get to go canoeing a little more often - there's a park that rents canoes and kayaks near my house, and it's a little friendlier to young children than small boat sailing.

I hope I've give you a little more to go on. If you need some more ideas, feel free to ask away!

* I bought an elven biker gang once during character creation; it was awesome.

• Options
    Oh dear.

Well I do not wish to step on any Proxy Toes.

But I got this message today and was told to be sure to deliver it. So.
    Greetings @KoopahTroopah,
    I have slumbered for a millennium, till you released me.
    I hope to return the favor and actualize your deepest desires.
    Peering inside your heart you speak to a delight in horror and terror.
    But do you know real fear?
    You shall.
    On December 3rd, you shall come to know true dread.

You have crafted a list of your holiday wishes.

The Wishmaster is here to grant them.

l14pu0u0n5h6.jpg

Don't shoot the Imp-messenger!

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Christmas payload dropped from the far reaches of the forum this morning! Check your porch and/or mail room before the pirates do!

REPENT FOR THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST YOU HEAR OF ME.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    we haven't had a good old murdery santa cryptic video in a few years... hmmmmm

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh dear.

Don't shoot the Imp-messenger!

Lovely. I've seen this movie(s)...

urr8mw3qvkcd.png

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    @The_Spaniard the bombardment has connected with your upcoming residences. Supposedly the ordinance is safely secured but just wanted to give you a heads up so you can send out your gift disposal unit.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Santa, my amazon wish list has been updated for greater ease of shopping.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I received a package!

KiUZ6V5.jpg

I received a message!

hEwFcxM.jpg

I received presents!!!

qKmemVm.jpg

-- Super Mario 3D All-Stars for the Switch
    -- 'All Over the World' The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra
    -- Xanadu (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Thanks @Noggin! I am going to jam out to Olivia Newton-John and play Mario, a dream that you have made possible in this hellscape of a year!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, Santeeeeeee!

Just an FYI, but ... Inspiration. Has. Struck.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Oh, Santeeeeeee!

Stoked to see this year's gift.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I know for a fact my Satanee received their gift this past Saturday. GUARDING IT FROM THE WORLD WILL NOT RID YOU OF YOUR SIN. In fact now my anger only grows, along with an insatiable hunger for more gifting. That is, once I know my dark deeds have been visited upon you, and have not just fallen into the great void.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Oh, Santeeeeeee!

Stoked to see this year's gift.

ME TOO! :D

• Options
    9DxtKmH.gif

@Zonugal has delivered me a package of frightful delights:
    It's a copy of Wishmaster 1 & 2 on DVD!ssr2p1zvh0l2.png
    "Happy Holidays, weak mortal. The shadows have whispered to me that you have requested a sprinkle of horror this winter solstice. A desire for terror? A wish for a frigid fright? Done."
    As mentioned in the threads, I'm a fan. I think I've seen both of these, but I definitely don't remember them well enough to not warrant another viewing.
    REmake 2 on PS4!yjxrcb03qv90.png
    Let your feeble thumbs navigate an undead heliscape. Unlike these zombies, I am not undone with mundane munitions. Survive Raccoon City, because you can not survive me."
    I loved this game! I beat it on Steam as Leon like the day it came out, and then revisited it as Claire a bit later to finish the job. I might give this one to my sister for her and my brother to play.
    The Complete Series of Penny Dreadful!
    309s9kfe18on.png
    Combating intense evil sometimes requires teamwork. Pathetic. But who am I to get in the way of a social group? Especially one filled to the brim with such dreadful chaos."
    Cool! I've seen a couple episodes of this when it first came out but never kept up with it. Seems like a good opportunity to give it the time it deserves.
    Finally, a copy of Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa!
    r0g66uypelrk.png
    I hear your partner has a fascination with foxes? Perhaps they share such an interest in return? Delve deep into the horror of the Kitsune and know more of your bound foe.
    This looks awesome! She loved the cover of the book, but I might borrow this one when she's done too.

Thank you, Mr. Satan Wishmaster! These are very lovely gifts.

• Options
    @The_Spaniard did you get the early delivery stuff ok at your new place?

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

Crossposting from the other thread.
    Skeith wrote: »
    Satan has stricken!
    KNdmAdI.jpg

No photos of the box this time, just of the four festive bags, each of which had a message:

1D9wFnK.jpg
    7xXMksp.jpg

This is where the hamster started running on it's wheel, as there's only one thing on my list that fits this description.

iurl93P.jpg
    nwr69RU.jpg

And sure enough:

8FBnmGg.jpg
    hs0yvBv.jpg

Thank you very much Satan John! This is indeed one of my favorite webcomics, and I'm happy to finally have print copies of it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa, I have received some packages at my new address, but haven't moved yet so I haven't had a chance to open them. As soon as we move and get settled in a gift post will be coming.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    9DxtKmH.gif

There was a mystery box awaiting me on the porch today. Having not ordered anything recently, I seeing it was from Gamestop, I knew my secret Santa had struck again! I brought the box in and handed it off to my trap detection specialist....

zadg2y2ntyg0.jpg

After she sniffed it thoroughly and deemed it safe, I opened it up to reveal it's contents....

cfrbr5muqlvd.jpg

Oh hey, all the Yarn Yoshi amiibo! They're so cute! This will bring my amiibo collection count up to 4 (the only one I ever bought was BotW Link).

We've decided to hide them away and use them as stocking stuffers for the kids. Combine these with the full version of Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch (which I downloaded this week then quickly hid away in the "all software" section) and the kids are going to have an extra jolly Christmas morning. And I already had my Christmas present by getting the MegaMan Zero collection and Rush'N Attack arcade games from the eShop. Everyone's a winner!

Thank you so much Santa! Now reveal yourself!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    *snip*

There was a mystery box awaiting me on the porch today. Having not ordered anything recently, I seeing it was from Gamestop, I knew my secret Santa had struck again! I brought the box in and handed it off to my trap detection specialist....

*snip*

After she sniffed it thoroughly and deemed it safe, I opened it up to reveal it's contents....

*snip*

Oh hey, all the Yarn Yoshi amiibo! They're so cute! This will bring my amiibo collection count up to 4 (the only one I ever bought was BotW Link).

We've decided to hide them away and use them as stocking stuffers for the kids. Combine these with the full version of Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch (which I downloaded this week then quickly hid away in the "all software" section) and the kids are going to have an extra jolly Christmas morning. And I already had my Christmas present by getting the MegaMan Zero collection and Rush'N Attack arcade games from the eShop. Everyone's a winner!

Thank you so much Santa! Now reveal yourself!

o hai :3

Glad you like em! I figured the yarn amiibos would be fun for you and your kids, esp. with Yoshi's Crafted World to go with it. Anyway, Happy Holidays!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
This discussion has been closed.