As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The follow up gift is a vial of insulin and a box of syringes.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Brolo wrote: »
    dang you downed 600 grams of M&Ms in one day

hella dedication to the snacks!

My wife helped, but it says 210 calories per serving! That's a very broad statement! My stomach may or may not hate me today.
    I'm all for receiving candy, but I have to know - are there places where one can't routinely get penaut M&Ms? Because that seems cruel.

Candy tastes much sweeter when it walks right up to your door.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Late night delivery landed on my doorstep!

7y33f06nkw06.jpg

A rather hansom and heavy tome on the current state of whisky from around the globe! Thanks Satan, I look forward to learning more about the thing which brings me so much warmth and joy: alcohol. A toast to you! (half a finger, since my stomach is still recovering from the pound of M&M's...)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I'm all for receiving candy, but I have to know - are there places where one can't routinely get penaut M&Ms? Because that seems cruel.

A former coworker of mine has celiacs. The M&M factories down here in Aus/NZ aren't big enough to have separate equipment from other others, so the M&Ms here are often tainted with gluten. So every now and then my parents would send over family size peanut M&Ms for my coworker as they had their own facility and were actually gluten free.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    GIFT GET PART 2?!?!

Again, no note, so i have no idea if this is from my santee or some relative i've spoiled a surprise for early. I'm assuming santee due to it being games related though and them saying there were three parcels on the way!
    xfa6a63s2g7n.jpg

Flippin' Cuphead art book!
    This thing is big! and Heavy! And very cool. Thank you so much santa!

With this and the vinyl, that's more than enough - and yet there's another on the way?! I've been truly spoiled.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Got a gift today after receiving a delivery e-mail from ******* *******. I don't know their forum name though.
    z7cam8bny49w.jpg

Thank you, never heard of this game but it looks interesting. Once we can invite people over we'll be able to give this game a go with more than 2 players.

Handkor on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Coup is fun. It's frequently a quick "oh we have some downtime" with my friends, when friends existed or exist again. I like aggressively lying about my abilities

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Coup is fun. It's frequently a quick "oh we have some downtime" with my friends, when friends existed or exist again. I like aggressively lying about my abilities

We're all Dukes down here

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I have been provided with a tracking number! I'm excited!

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So, a box full of stuff landed today! There was much rejoicing.

But since the messages only revealed themselves to be from PA Santa and didn’t contain a screen name, I don’t know if they were from this Secret Santa or another sub-forum’s, and I’m trying to keep everything straight. So, Santa, if you could reach through one of our friendly imps and let me know if the box you sent along contained a hardback copy of Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    PAGift.png

Thank you so much, Santa! My parents read this book to me when I was younger and I don't really remember much other than enjoying the story, so I've been meaning to give it another whirl. This will great, thank you!

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I just received the loveliest message or threat
    hG4ktKz.jpg
    and UPS delivery notification

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    bIzVQ6K.gif

Gifts received!

First up:
    w8grtpj73w1p.jpg
    Shit...sorry...that was a gift the three year old left in the bathtub drain.
    Back on track!

A box! This is awesome! I'm moving soon and a box is perfect!
    xskpmzajvmyv.jpg

Oh shit! It's more than just a box! There are things inside the box!
    s96fxyg3g0t6.jpg

Tacos vs. Burritos! A silly game because obviously tacos win!
    ikv7ga8s69yv.jpg

1 to T-Rex! or roar.to ROAR!
    9my5clz9fef4.jpg

Thank you Satan! The GF and I have already played both games and enjoyed them greatly! 1 to T-Rex was particularly fun because the little ones were in bed so we needed to be quiet and animated!

I look forward to playing the games with girls and with friends!

Thank you!

Also unless I missed it, I don't know who my Secret Santa is this year!

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa and Santee, just an update. Santa, I haven't had a chance to open your physical gifts yet because I've been moving for the last week and am in the process of unpacking right now. Santee since I've been moving I've been without internet for over a week, so I haven't had a chance to stalk yet. Gifts might come a little late, but you haven't been forgotten. This move has been one of the worst birthdays and weeks of my life, but at least we can all spread some cheer in here.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The feeling when the gifts have arrived over the weekend and yet no post.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    PAGift.png

Thank you so much, Santa! My parents read this book to me when I was younger and I don't really remember much other than enjoying the story, so I've been meaning to give it another whirl. This will great, thank you!

As is tradition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    emhyhwS.gif

A wild package appears!
    vCz7PW7l.jpg

Machi Koro!
    I tried to pick this up at PAXU last year and they sold out before I had made up my mind and went back to the booth.
    WBVsnscl.jpg

And the note, which left me wondering who it was from, but @cooljammer00 messaged me to make sure porch pirates didn't spoil Christmas!
    qlHWzwNl.jpg

This is fantastic! Thank you! I'm sure it will get plenty of play once Christmas break hits. Though if you ask my children, it's time for Christmas break already and they shouldn't have to do school work.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    cysfjzbwct8f.gif

Our friendly neighborhood UPS driver made a stop at my house this morning. The kids hauled a massive, 19lb box into my office. Mind you, there are a lot of boxes currently enroute to Shdwcaster Manor, but I didn't recall ordering anything this heavy.
    isbmdzc5iuaz.jpg

Open the box to reveal...
    9i0c0f46tl16.jpg
    Dear Sweet Gaben, someone found my Amazon wishlist and demolished it in the finest traditions of the Steam thread!

There were notes for every item...
    fj9tchwh3z17.jpg

Most importantly, the empty box was revealed to be a cunning cat trap
    e0rz09x26e6c.jpg
    Romanadvoratrelundar the Time Kitty helped to investigate both the box and its contents. She clearly found the box more interesting though. Perhaps it reminded her of a TARDIS?

And then the fun begins...
    msuwgcja8zv2.jpg
    I love Mechwarrior and Battletech. I read through a bunch of the old source books back when they were sold in Borders, Books A Million, and Barnes & Nobles, but never actually bought the game (although I did play quite a bit of the WizKids MW:DA miniatures back when that was a thing). When Catalyst re-issued the BT beginner's box, it went on my wish list immediately, to be occasionally looked at and thought about.

If my kids don't want to play Stompy bots (they will though, Junior's blasted through MW5 and Battletech, Future Jedi's door is covered with drawings of mechs, and he's freebuilt a pretty convincing LEGO version of the Summoner) there is another...
    ebz1e3213ctx.jpg
    And also an expansion, because each side needs a couple more fighters.
    cc165piz2447.jpg
    Honestly, my Star Wars obsessed 15-year-old and 12-year-old boys may end up playing this against each other more than I get to play it with either of them. I'd better find some pro strats, or their going to kick my butt halfway around The Maw.

That's okay though, because I'll get the last laugh as their new DM
    qmtno6m7ja2o.jpg
    That's right, it's the core set for D&D 5.0. I've been wanting to run a game for at least my oldest three for a while now. I think we'll spool up a one-shot or something during Christmas break now that I have the proper tools, and see how it goes from there! I'm excited for this for sure!

There's also something that's more fun for the whole family
    hktny5qh248l.jpg
    This was, oddly enough, recommended to me by a local guy looking to be our financial adviser. It sounded like fun. I guess we'll see if his boardgame advice is any good, in which case maybe his financial advice is good too?

There was also the original OVA of one of my favorite animes
    bkzgldwn586i.jpg

Santa knows that my two of my main non-traditionally nerdy hobby loves are aviation, and motorcycles. Specifically, Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
    0fw7kzw6lked.jpg
    I love it.

This isn't a Gift Get, it's a

27tmsk9lnrph.gif

@KoopahTroopah, I am dead. Thank you so much, dude! The Terror Team and I are going to get so much playtime out of these that it's not even funny. You've given us gifts that we'll be enjoying for years to come. I'm excited to play (and read, and watch) all of these, and you've set us up for an amazing 2021 of gaming. Thank you again!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That's incredible @KoopahTroopah!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Glad it made it safely, @ArcSyn. The Amazon "delivery" photo was just the box on your porch, so I was worried someone would steal it.

You have one final thing coming, but I don't think it will be arriving until January.

Spoilers for what it is, because at this point you already know who your Santa is:
    It's one of those monthly crate things, but I only bought one month. I paid for it in December, but I guess they stopped sending the December one already and are gonna be sending the next one in January? And it's goodies from a far off land, so COVID might fuck up delivery times in addition to that. I didn't realize the site I used had a "gift" option, so I put your email and phone number in the site's thing for delivery, so if you get random emails from a Japanese snack company, that's probably because of me.

Anyway, ArcSyn was actually my Santee in 2018, which was the last year I participated in Secret Santa, so while I had a lot of research tools and website bookmarks at my disposal already, I also had to compete against myself from 2 years ago when it came to getting new gifts.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Two different people got a copy of Machi Koro.

Is that this year's World War Z?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Looks like it got there a day early @shdwcaster . Enjoy the spoils and happy holidays! :+1: :biggrin:

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    PAGift.png

As is tradition:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

I'm reasonably certain that, like, 90% of that video's views come from this forum. Maybe 95%.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Dear Santee--you don't know who you are, but your gifts are on their way!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I like dune. I'm hip and with it. and uh I got 1:30 into that video and just could not

• Options
    Glad it made it safely, @ArcSyn. The Amazon "delivery" photo was just the box on your porch, so I was worried someone would steal it.

You have one final thing coming, but I don't think it will be arriving until January.

Spoilers for what it is, because at this point you already know who your Santa is:
    It's one of those monthly crate things, but I only bought one month. I paid for it in December, but I guess they stopped sending the December one already and are gonna be sending the next one in January? And it's goodies from a far off land, so COVID might fuck up delivery times in addition to that. I didn't realize the site I used had a "gift" option, so I put your email and phone number in the site's thing for delivery, so if you get random emails from a Japanese snack company, that's probably because of me.

Anyway, ArcSyn was actually my Santee in 2018, which was the last year I participated in Secret Santa, so while I had a lot of research tools and website bookmarks at my disposal already, I also had to compete against myself from 2 years ago when it came to getting new gifts.

Oh man, I forgot about that! I really should look up previous years when these things start.

That would explain the emails I've received from Japan snack box! Thank you! Merry Christmas!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I like dune. I'm hip and with it. and uh I got 1:30 into that video and just could not

Put your goddamn hand in the goddamn box o' pain.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Santa left me a note:

Santa has found your gifts. They will bring you cheer from Mrs. Claus's home state.

They will begin arriving tomorrow says my elfs. With the last package arriving on the 21st!

I hope they find you well and you have a great Christmas!

Yay! Will be checking my UPS box!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Crossposting from SE++. I'm fairly sure it is from someone there, hence the underworldly verbage, but I appreciate you whoever you are!
    I have been gifted! Today a precocious imp delivered a digital correspondence. The message included a ps4 gift card and a strong encouragement to utilize that currency on a certain Dark Souls 3 sale. I weighed the odds and decided not to test my dark benefactor's graciousness.
    nqh3hk1sv68q.jpg

Thank you! Praise Satan!

Unless I have been deceived, Satan has once again graced my abode. A sinister parcel lay in wait upon my doorstep as I returned from my daily toils. Upon extracting the contents from it's corrugated confinement, I was face to face with a genuine hellhound!
    [yCXJHtBl.jpg
    A fierce battle ensued, but eventually the great beast was vanquished and I was able to loot the spoils of my victory.
    5JvaSvyl.jpg

Thank you again my lord, this thing looks like it really sucks! This will do splendidly to care for the dark lady of the house, Mistress Bella.
    Ne04aDJl.jpg

Seriously though, this is great. I really appreciate whomever this is from.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I finally got the last piece of the puzzle to go out to my Santee. Now I just need to package it all up and send it out! Work of course got busy, but I will ship it by Friday at the latest.

I also got a message from USPS that a package is on it's way to me "From Satan," which I can't be more thrilled about and I'm sure the post office would have been worried about.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I been showered with gifts!

A rather heavy package arrived at my place, and obviously I had to have it inspected .
    HC3yDxi1mPBSTcqktxsgT50rlUmaN2xQWeVQF9tFF6IRc8gB4BNtEzQCJBZ7iNyp6mtIFL2FrnYOqVl5dWDY3jNrF6wv3qfEpg8_gzUvAUhFyszczzalQ1TljJkH8G2FHipDuwhN4gB_Z5KBmNk6LORA-zwM6e0Ri0X8NoEC6M95KXVSmM3L0Vd0YDfYvIFFe5VYZqUtixRxJO1ARLo4yYjEIy_vaUlNQ7FJckjQyqXrMFclyC0ZWM05q9CtfjF7mkRtshcTpbkmX82Mw3RCsx5VG4CyUkEeXxihVBmAS5QjE8mWOPXz9HCrp8DGAbEBpFufZgqZLGAfiZCYrcWqnZ0fupL5XMpe7w4TwdGidhAZ05GSUgaibDgHzuCRIjQ-wlP4X9IXBXiDMhTTwGoIMo819yiDpqdO6sYLPESBNxAJyKLOm7F4X6bOvW7kGDbdA4W_akun_Kpal6otrcdB6kTjJVu40GvNcP7y1g4Jz5spyYu1KiGSu1I738zPtWuTo86WNpd35PJ5UVHlo0xRXplwZ8H1XIzvO7P5Lw_r4b5uHICGdAEeogQ4HHXBvz0_wxjLk9Ap8fGADvrUls7cuRWxCaHwpD51JZ498JpZd06YOpaPGX6yJTdGnlRtoP1WkZz9tSKLOtc78PZw7ISAA3jCx0DYu2mY6vqGzvL-ETn8d0IwI-fcBuieAtOeLPY=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

There was a note from @see317
    toj64xyp0b3c.jpg

A literal bounty of wrapped gifts! Hook immediately finds his.
    zkafky5lby41.jpg

First off, cook books! Awesome, I been cooking more at home, trying to enjoy it and find more recipes, so these are much appreciated!
    qjxxysz4osd1.jpg

udv6jap1ycho.jpg

Next a Broly figpin. This is def going to go on my climbing bag, so I can show off my love for DBZ
    eweczzvveih4.jpg

A cast puzzle! These always looked neat to me, and it being level 5 means I imagine I have a bunch of attempts in my future.
    ptoyo1ne2p0h.jpg

I loved this series when I watched it, as I'm a big fan of the book, and this will be perfect for when I want a rewatch.
    1jm6xo3ff04q.jpg

Solar Battery! Perfect for my camping and backpack outings.
    2pbjgej88pr1.jpg

I just bought Fuser last week so I imagine this is going to go towards some DLC songs
    6manpqwtgjiu.jpg

Fluxx! Even though I own plenty of boardgames this was missing in my collection! And Mothy Python themed!
    18sslz7ojiyr.jpg

The entire haul, with added taffy!
    2p5zxnpdj3yb.jpg

Hook enjoying his gift.
    dvcheu96m4zz.jpg

Thank you so much! Both Hook and I send our thanks and wish you a great holiday!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    @Kyougu , open the FigPin, there's a smaller one inside.

Glad you liked it, and I hope those cookbooks come in handy.
    And a thumbs up for adorable cat pictures.

• Options
    That taffy be legit!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Oh sweet! More gifts!
    A blurry box! I'm not quite sure how it got delivered since it's hard to read, but I'm glad it did!
    9h8uiq7k9kgs.jpg
    Wait a minute! The three year old has struck again!

Awesome! Records!
    fvp0ioj3y3bt.jpg

It should be known that Queen is the greatest group ever. I love Queen. Queen II as an album is awesome. If you are familiar with the Ogre Battle video games then you may know that the name of the game comes from a song on this Album. Also one of the games has the subtitle March of the Black Queen which is also on the album. March of the Black Queen is one of the many rhapsodies that Queen performed of the non-bohemian variety!

David Bowie is also awesome and I love Bowie almost as much as I love Queen!

Thanks Satan!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Crossposting this here because I think that's the thing to do? All the same caveats regarding thanking The Prince of Darkness as aforementioned post(s).

I got a thing! I do not know if it is from Secret Satans or Secret Shamblers! Here are the pictures anyway!
    A packing slip! With redacting shipping information, even. Incredibly specific, but exactly what I've been looking for!
    0sgtcjikojv7.jpg
    There was also this, like, other smaller box inside the box the packing slip shipped in, I guess I can use this to put something in?
    i5zo18vh9t9l.jpg
    Thank you so much, Dark Lord. Honestly, if I had known this thing existed, I would have bought it for myself, and now I'm going to be looking at other Lego kits in this vein to see what else I can throw money away on. So, thanks for that, I guess? Yeah, actually. Big thanks!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    That one was a fun build.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Whoops! I totally forgot to cross post this last night...
    Veldrin wrote: »
    emhyhwS.gif

So a previous message from Satan advised one final nefarious parcel was soon to arrive, and today it did
    Soul Music by Terry Pratchett! In an absolutely gorgeous hard cover design, my goodness!

Here's everything together:

lb1nudsgptlc.jpg

This has been a really lovely collection of gifts, Satan, thank you so much! <3

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Here comes my cross-post from SE...holy shit I haven't wandered out of there in forever.

Anyway -
    With a mighty thud a package was deposited upon my doorstep. From a retailer that I have not ordered from, I proclaimed!

And while I was very excited about what said package revealed, I wanted to be sure that the four furry members of the house also had the chance to have their opinion heard.
    gVsv5fHl.jpg
    Little One (aka Princess aka Squeaker aka Butterball) enjoys the gift but would like me to, and I quote, "fuck off and go get snacks for me."

NIY3neCl.jpg
    Tepoz is a bit confused by it all, but is generally pleased that there is a book with pictures in it. He's my dim, but very loveable, boy.

iBiG7f6l.jpg
    Bacchus would much rather read "Sharks in the Time of Saviours" and go back to sleep. He's been a bit moody since he can't get lattes anymore.

tarSdTIl.jpg
    Pip...well...Pip pretty much lives in a bathroom so has described it as something excellent to pass the time with.

There is only a real name and address available so I'll refrain from mentioning that in case you do not wish to be outed, Dark Lord, but know that this is deeply appreciated and I'm going to be spending some time in the very very near future paging through this. Thank you so much - it is a phenomenal gift.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have received an email about a delivered gift! I didn't have time to get to the UPS store tonight but will go tomorrow, excited!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    A Gary Larson book?

https://youtu.be/LjfkynJ4hbI

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.