As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    v2sij39garle.png

Jesus. Guaranteed draw 2, and if it doesn't get removed, you draw 2 more by the start of your next turn (plus your natural draw).

Edit: This is also Priest's turn 6 play to basically guarantee their turn 7/8 plays as well. This card is nuts.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    TNXUokT.png
    VFr4g4O.png

See this is what Shard should've been. Some complete whack-ass nonsense that probably won't see play except in some crazy homebrew off-meta deck for funsies, but like it has a PARTICULARLY difficult activation condtion for a pretty insane payoff.

7 Boars though, what sort of classes have access to stuff that copies or resses minions... Priest?

Potion of illusion can do it
    Boar, boar, potion -> boar, boar, potion -> boar, boar, faceless. If you pick rogue you have the boar, boar, potion, boar, boar, prep, potion turn that gives you an 8th boar (will this activate exactly once? or is it really a 7+ deathrattle?).

Rally, gift of luminance, psyche split, blood of ghuun lets priest do a bunch of silly things, although you'd want a return to hand mechanic too for reliability

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Wild Priest could do it pretty easily. You occasionally see people running a turbo Amara deck and that shell could easily accomodate this.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Wild Priest could do it pretty easily. You occasionally see people running a turbo Amara deck and that shell could easily accomodate this.

Oh yeah wild has a million ways to do it, but then you're just being crushed by the endless infiltrators and obsidian statues anyway

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

Oh yeah wild has a million ways to do it, but then you're just being crushed by the endless infiltrators and obsidian statues anyway

Hard to play anything when you only have one mana each turn. :biggrin:

Also, this effect can keep going once you have the Sword right? Like use up all 3 swings, play a boar, and kill it for 3 more swings.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    lolwut, Make Love, Not Warcraft is now canon in Hearthstone!?

forty on
  • Options
    Oh shit, that card is from the old South Park WoW episode?! Damn Blizzard, that's funny.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Yes, they leveled up by killing boars in Elwynn Forest (the starter zone that Stormind is in). Iirc they also said that the sword had 'mana burn powers', hence the land destruction.

• Options
    Long ago, when the World of Warcraft was created, one of the programmers put a sword called the Sword of a Thousand Truths into the game inventory. Apparently it could cause 120 damage per second, with an instant mana burn and an enchantment that boosts its stamina +80.
    It's quite impressive how well those two cards recreate the fantasy of the plot in that episode.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    While I like these loredump book of mercenaries/heroes things, I think I'd much rather have another big roguelite mode like Witchwood or Tombs where I get to just play around with all sorts of busted-ass powers and combinations.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Wait, that sword is a real card?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    What a timely reference.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Wait, that sword is a real card?
    I assumed the Boar and Sword were a fanmade fake at first due to the obvious South Park reference, but I checked and they do seem to be legit Stormwind cards.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    What a timely reference.

now mankrik's wife, there's something fresh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Paladin questline is up, Odd Paladin coming to a Standard near you.

Rise to the Occasion
    Questline: Play 3 different 1-Cost cards.
    Reward: Equip a 1/4 Light's Justice.

Pave the Way:
    Reward: Upgrade your hero power.

Avenge the Fallen:
    Reward: Lightborn Cariel

Lightborn Cariel
    5/7/7
    Battlecry: For the rest of the game, your Silver Hand Recruits have +2/+2.

• Options
    Three different 1 cost cards is a pretty big ask. Obviously shit like First Day can smooth that out a lot but I think that's gonna happen way slower than you want it to on average.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm not really a deck builder but it seems doable without running bad cards. The biggest issue is the lack of draw (rip Divine Favor and Crystology) while running a bunch of 1 drops. Maybe it needs Voracious Reader or something.
    If you can get an Aldor Attendant then you can use a single Libram of Wisdom for each stage but I'm not sure how consistent that would be.

ZPN7h9d.png

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Well, I didn't craft him so it's not that sly. I just went back to my old Inquisitor DH instead.

And for a more casual player who doesn't keep up on things, it would have just made them a uselessly bad deck and they might not understand why.

Assuming it gives everyone this deck and not just specific players who are already playing for a few years or encountered the deck before. I'm half joking here, though. No clue how deep or shallow the algorithm is allowed to go.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Three different 1 cost cards is a pretty big ask. Obviously shit like First Day can smooth that out a lot but I think that's gonna happen way slower than you want it to on average.

secrets and spells should count i imagine, also there's prob gonna be lotta new one drops this expac

i don't think it has to be 9 unique ones, just 3 different ones for each stage

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Could you include the text and cites per https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/239327/new-forum-policies-rules-1-20-2021 ?

I can't see twitter or twitter embeds on my work wifi and I'm probably not the only one.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Could you include the text and cites per https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/239327/new-forum-policies-rules-1-20-2021 ?

I can't see twitter or twitter embeds on my work wifi and I'm probably not the only one.

It's all from Jason Schreier on Twitter and his article:
    The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing has filed an explosive lawsuit against Activision Blizzard for discrimination. Some of the details in the complaint are horrifying

An Activision Blizzard spokesman sent me a lengthy statement calling the allegations "distorted, and in many cases false" and referring to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing as "unaccountable State bureaucrats."

And the spoiler:
    1wov74q7939t.jpg

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I knew Acti-Blizz had a shithead company culture but this is a new low, even for them.

Jesus fuck, dude. Fuck.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    It's fucking incredible how "DEEP STATE HURRR" their response is.

It's one thing to be like, "We're cooperating with authorities blah blah, get to the bottom of this, blah blah, we know our fans and customers are disappointed and we're sorry, etc. etc.."

But they've just gone all-in on just calling it bullshit instead. Normally companies give a long fucking spiel after shit like this saying how they're going to do better, and restructure, etc, but when you give responses like this to allegations like this? Nah, it's over. Anyone left standing after the smoke clears will still be suspect.

(Sorry didn't come back to rub salt in the wound, there's just no other thread I could find that was really talking about it) (also hey hi those of you who I only know from this thread and haven't seen for a while) (Okay it's just Dibby)

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    People are cancelling their card reveals because of this, good.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My favorite part* is how the lawyers' response is, "This is all made up, and here're the number of steps we've taken in the past years to address *checks notes* this nonexistent problem."

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    My favorite part* is how the lawyers' response is, "This is all made up, and here're the number of steps we've taken in the past years to address *checks notes* this nonexistent problem."

A couple attorneys have looked at that (one actually wrote a full post https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-this-is-bad/1042870/709) and are pretty sure that it wasn't actually written by lawyers. If it was a lawyer, they're completely incompetent at their job.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    zvrfdv5nbqc71.png
    Looks to me like we've got an early contender for worst card in the set.

Also, incidentally, a contender for worst-worded card in the set.

Edit: I guess this is how they're nerfing Shaman (Maelstrom Portal).

forty on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    zvrfdv5nbqc71.png
    Looks to me like we've got an early contender for worst card in the set.

Also, incidentally, a contender for worst-worded card in the set.

Edit: I guess this is how they're nerfing Shaman (Maelstrom Portal).

Why doesn't it cost 2 mana?

• Options
    just because ogres have two heads doesn't mean they cost two mana

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ogres aren't good at math, we all know this, please do not discriminate against them for being mathematically challenged

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    also if that effect was on 2

...depending on his base stats, i would consider playing him

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    also if that effect was on 2

...depending on his base stats, i would consider playing him

At first I read it I thought it could go to any range between -2 and 2 mana, depending what the heads would decide.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    1sz82p69ze8q.png

The fish is such a good unit for beasts, it makes positioning that much easier. If you don't have to give up your whole hero power to get him, of course.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

A couple attorneys have looked at that (one actually wrote a full post https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-this-is-bad/1042870/709) and are pretty sure that it wasn't actually written by lawyers. If it was a lawyer, they're completely incompetent at their job.

Never underestimate how incompetent many attorneys are.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

Never underestimate how incompetent many attorneys are.

Unless they're an Ace Attorney, that is.

8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Blizzard is like "fuck u guys, i'm going home"

Text:
    #Blizzard Has Cancelled Their Remaining Solo Reveals for United in #Stormwind, #Hearthstone Card Reveal Dump Stream Pushed Up a Day
    Source: https://outof.cards/hearthstone/3410-blizzard-has-cancelled-their-remaining-solo-reveals-card-reveal-dump-stream-pushed-up-a-day

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Not really surprising with random folks on the schedule dropping out.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood what that tweet meant, because the article has a few more details:
    As of posting, there are 5 community card reveals still planned
    So it's just Blizzard pushing all the reveals they were planning to do themselves into the final stream, but the community ones that didn't cancel will still be doing theirs?

I guess they're just trying to lay as low as they reasonably can with the storm rolling in.

forty on
  • Options
    Been a buncha new cards revealed I guess, including the questlines. They're on hearthpwn like I can't be bothered to link em :T

But the Druid questline seems like such a weak fucking payoff, like the fuck is that, everyone else gets broken shit and Druids get an 8/8 Taunt that gives a one time 8 armor and 8 attack

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Been a buncha new cards revealed I guess, including the questlines. They're on hearthpwn like I can't be bothered to link em :T

But the Druid questline seems like such a weak fucking payoff, like the fuck is that, everyone else gets broken shit and Druids get an 8/8 Taunt that gives a one time 8 armor and 8 attack
    Not only that, but it requires basing your deck around +attack cards, which have generally never been the basis of good Druid decks.

I saw this comment on the card and, yeah:
    Say hello to your first free legendary of the set