As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    It was wildly out of context when you quoted me saying “I would like very much to murder all the poor and dark skinned people with my bare hands and then piss on their corpses.” I mean, come on, obviously you’re just not getting the nuance here.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The nuance industrial complex

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the problem is everyone understood exactly what he was dog whistling

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    "lol
    lmao"

--Ghost of Louis XVI

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    A reminder that the upcoming World Cup in Qatar this year will be played in facilities built by actual slaves. FIFA knew this and never gave a shit.

Not just built by slaves. Worse than that.

Thousands of slaves died in the construction. Thousands of enslaved people were worked to death for these monuments to sports corruption. Neither FIFA nor most of the fans of the sport will give a shit.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    A reminder that the upcoming World Cup in Qatar this year will be played in facilities built by actual slaves. FIFA knew this and never gave a shit.

Thousands of slaves died in the construction. Thousands of enslaved people were worked to death for these monuments to sports corruption. Neither FIFA nor most of the fans of the sport will give a shit.

Jesus Christ

I knew it was bad and had heard about the content of that first post but I hadn't heard that number, and I am generally a Sports Person (though I don't tend to follow soccer much aside from a couple World Cup/Olympic games, admittedly)

This should absolutely be a larger story than it is

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Jesus Christ

I knew it was bad and had heard about the content of that first post but I hadn't heard that number, and I am generally a Sports Person (though I don't tend to follow soccer much aside from a couple World Cup/Olympic games, admittedly)

This should absolutely be a larger story than it is

Wait until you hear how the War on Terror supplied bodies to work.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Fuckin' bellends pretended the law tied their hands because that's the story they want people to believe, and Kiro is reporting it as if the cops are right. I wonder if King and Komo are reporting on it at all.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Yeah that law is just demonstrating the power the police have and why reform won't work.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The measure restricted when they could use physical force, but left unclear how to define that. Could they render first aid or take a child into protective custody--
    gulag

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Fuckin' bellends pretended the law tied their hands because that's the story they want people to believe, and Kiro is reporting it as if the cops are right. I wonder if King and Komo are reporting on it at all.

Komo a sinclair
    King swing similarly

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Yeah that law is just demonstrating the power the police have and why reform won't work.

The response should have been to hire more crisis responders and empower them

Defund the police

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

This is bad, obviously, but both this article and the Guardian one it links to only refer to hired workers. Where is 'slaves' coming from?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'd have to go digging for the article that talks about it, but I believe the laborers in question became enslaved by their employers because said employers yanked their passports and identification documents, effectively stranding them in place until work on the stadium and its accoutrements was completed.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    The reason this isn't a big story is that I remember reading this stuff more than 5 years ago and nobody cared

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    The reason this isn't a big story is that I remember reading this stuff more than 5 years ago and nobody cared

It's been going on in UAE for at least a decade, ever since those 3 man-made islands outside Dubai started going in, and there's been some scuttlebutt that it goes back to when the Burj Khalifa was first taking shape, which would put it more around 15 years.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I'd have to go digging for the article that talks about it, but I believe the laborers in question became enslaved by their employers because said employers yanked their passports and identification documents, effectively stranding them in place until work on the stadium and its accoutrements was completed.

as I recall they were generally so underpaid that they had to choose between eating, and sleeping under a roof.

there's pictures of people just piled together for warmth in ditches during the winter months.

then of course that's in addition to the same problems you see in all the other islamist petrostates, i.e. flogging is still a thing, homosexual acts are outlawed, etc.

qatar sucks shit.

• Options
    The scene my bro saw with the Filipino prostitutes escapes my memory but filled out UAE as problematic as you make it out to be

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Jesus fuck. Reporting tweets probably doesn't do anything, but everyone please report that tweet.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Jesus fuck. Reporting tweets probably doesn't do anything, but everyone please report that tweet.

I reported the whole goddamn account.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I hope Floyd's family takes their ass to court. What a bunch of ghouls.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah everyone knows one of the most important achievements of one of the most marginalized groups of people in the world is a fucking NFT about a man who was turned into a martyr against his will and would very much rather be alive today.

What the fuck is wrong with people? That's so vile I'm not even sure English has a word to adequately describe my feelings. I bet German does.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    perfect embodiment of white liberal racism. maybe jordan peele can make a horror movie out of it

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    nah i'm pretty sure that's just alt right shit, given the ones i can recognize in that picture.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

Missouri going all-in with a bill that isn't even trying to hide what it is with an acronym title. Long and short of it is that it would make all claims of self-defense be regarded as reasonable unless the prosecution can decisively prove it was not, shifting the burden of proof from defendant to prosecutor.

Madican on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Yeah everyone knows one of the most important achievements of one of the most marginalized groups of people in the world is a fucking NFT about a man who was turned into a martyr against his will and would very much rather be alive today.

What the fuck is wrong with people? That's so vile I'm not even sure English has a word to adequately describe my feelings. I bet German does.

Scams have destroyed peoples brain. This isn't as reprehensibly but another riddiculous NFT thing is Hitpiece which within a 24 hour period minted and tried to auction off an NFT of(seemingly) every song on spotify, had a bunch of musicians discover that this had been done, released a presser about how they had "struck a nerve" and were totally going to pay all the artists they had stolen from, and then completely disappeared. I have no idea why anyone thought mass copyright theft would work out for them. The Folding Ideas video makes me think that the presiding belief is that once you get something on the blockchain it can't go off so if you get it on there what are they gonna do? So its a wildwest of terrible ideas people think can't be undone.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The, “we was kings” thing gives it away as an alt-right troll. That’s a common meme they use

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Tef wrote: »
    The, “we was kings” thing gives it away as an alt-right troll. That’s a common meme they use

I've completely deflated a couple of assholes that joke like that where I work by informing them that the most proportionately loaded person in recorded history is Mansa Musa I of Mali. A very black, very Muslim man, whose making it rain during his Hajj tanked the value of gold for the Mediterranean basin and Middle East for an entire generation.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hahaha yeah that’s a great one. Or that whilst middle easter doctors were working on perfecting cataract surgery, Europeans were busy trying to work out why they kept dying after drinking water they shit in

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

I've completely deflated a couple of assholes that joke like that where I work by informing them that the most proportionately loaded person in recorded history is Mansa Musa I of Mali. A very black, very Muslim man, whose making it rain during his Hajj tanked the value of gold for the Mediterranean basin and Middle East for an entire generation.

Dude recently got an Epic Rap Battle video, which is probably more educational than anything else most people watch for entertainment.

• Options
    I really appreciate the George Washington and Thomas Jefferson videos each having them called out on slavery. Granted the latter was with Fredrick Douglas, but still. There's mentioning, and then there's calling out.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

Apparently, in the replies, Chauvies are a thing.

So, that's a thing. Floyd and the man who murdered him NFTs!

The worst timeline.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »

Apparently, in the replies, Chauvies are a thing.

So, that's a thing. Floyd and the man who murdered him NFTs!

The worst timeline.

My Av says it all in his face at shit like that NFT shit.

Cue confused Huey Freeman face.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Oh hey look, second row far right has George Floyd dressed up as Kyle Rittenhouse.

Totally a sick...idk troll sounds to light but IDK what else to call this. Smells like 4chan shit.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I mean it is. no.3 is literally done by a neo-nazi.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Basically inevitable.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.