Options

[Giant Bomb] A website that still exists

19495969798100»

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    SMB3 has to be at least -150 to end up #1. What else would be in contention? Metroid? Zelda? I can’t imagine anything else comes close

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    After Jeff's lukewarm reception of Shatterhand and downright shitting on M.C. Kids, I gave up on trying to predict his reactions to my childhood favorites.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    As someone who was forced to play McKids as a child, that game can go to hell and die in a fire.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I acknowledge it's mostly a me problem, but in this modern day and age of technology hurtling towards a singularity of awfulness where misinformation and impersonation makes the internet completely unviable as a verifiable source of information, I squirm a little bit about the use of the soundboard to put peoples' voices in agreement/disagreement about things they have no actual say about, even if obviously in this case it is entirely non-malicious and Just Jokes

On the latest Fire Escape Mary actually made a point about how Dan is using the soundboard to have people agree with him/say things out of context on other streams in problematic ways and it went right over Dan's head.
    I do love Dan but this is one of those things where I wish he had more cultural context than he does and could see how what he's doing can be a really shitty thing to do to a person.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I thought we had figured this out years ago: it's not that Jeff hates everything, it's that he's seen everything and thus is not as easily impressed as people tend to be.

When you consider his list of "enemies" over the years, and where enthusiast culture has gone in the past few decades but ESPECIALLY in the realm of video games, he's probably on the right side of history more often than not.

Whether it was Rooster Teeth doing sponsored content wearing special edition Pip Boys while claiming Jeff/his kind were having wine and cheese parties and are too hoity to enjoy Fallout 4 (a game Jeff game a 4/5, mind you. The console versions got a 3/5 for being buggy and broken and running poorly), or the people who still get mad when you tell them Gamespot gave Twilight Princess a ~9/10 (like the GDQ runners who didn't know why it was funny to name the Yoshi in Paper Mario 2 "Jeff Gerstmann" until after the name won the fan poll, and then they got really angry)

Remember when GBEast did a podcast reviewing the Adam Sandler video game movie Pixels, and they said they did not like the movie/it was mediocre to bad, but because nobody yelled into the microphone screaming obscenities, the replies were all "Wow, they liked that movie? It sucked!"

The internet has decided there is no room or desire for nuance. Which is sorta why the idea of ranking all these things, from NES games to fighting games to energy drinks, is patently absurd.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I acknowledge it's mostly a me problem, but in this modern day and age of technology hurtling towards a singularity of awfulness where misinformation and impersonation makes the internet completely unviable as a verifiable source of information, I squirm a little bit about the use of the soundboard to put peoples' voices in agreement/disagreement about things they have no actual say about, even if obviously in this case it is entirely non-malicious and Just Jokes

On the latest Fire Escape Mary actually made a point about how Dan is using the soundboard to have people agree with him/say things out of context on other streams in problematic ways and it went right over Dan's head.
    I do love Dan but this is one of those things where I wish he had more cultural context than he does and could see how what he's doing can be a really shitty thing to do to a person.

That's a tiny bit surprising to me, obviously Dan is a prankster to his very core but I imagined he would have been actually reasonably empathetic when it comes to respecting other peoples' boundaries in an internet-literacy aspect

Hopefully he'll come around to it off-stream at worst - I'm not entirely caught up on the content but I haven't seen him use those soundbytes in a hot minute

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dan has grown a lot but he's still really immature and consciously stubborn in a lot of ways, unfortunately

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

Xbox keeping up the bit with the Kinda Funny crew after they explained the incident on the GB@Nite couch is pretty great ngl