3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    and lost in a way that if you scripted it, would have seemed trite

a truly perfect moment

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Even though I didn't care for Red Dead Redemption 2 all that much, I didn't know there were people that aggressively down on it that much like Jeff Grubb was lmao
    It was pretty funny watching him articulate all those pain points though
    What video/podcast ep was this?

Just the Jeff Grubb component of the GB Extra Life this last week or so. Someone donates like $1000 just to force him to play it lol

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They are probably going to be using a Eurovision style system for GotY, where each member bring a shortlist, they discuss each game and then vote, and the outcome is just points.
    Guests could argue one or two games they really care about.

A chaos move would be to also run an audience vote, but I'd keep that separate from staff goty.

I'm wondering when they'll do the rest of goty, they're going to the game awards 2 says earlier, are they all staying in LA for 4-5 days to record all this, or is the rest done a week earlier or later?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    https://youtu.be/XJbClF_n0pg?si=7sy1TZkrPEeWbNAg
    Dan and Leo get to do the best MinnMax New Show Plus content! First video I saw with Leo he was seeing how many fast food stops he could make in an hour while Dan insisted he say dumb/corny things to the people at drive thru windows and put together mostly psychotic orders.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Poor Grubb! At the top of Extra Life Part 2 at Dan's house he is coming through on a Quarantine Zone cam in a dayroom area because he suddenly came down with symptoms of the flu.

Edit: Heh, one of the donation comments is "For the kids! And also Grubb I guess"

Rehab on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    On the other hand it means he was spared that horrid Mary-Kate and Ash—SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE SIXTEEN NOT AS YOUNG AS I USED TO BE—ley Olsen Mario Party ripoff

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nobody

Nobody

Fuckin’ Wins

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh boy, that does sound bleak!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Eurovision voting prevents a smaller number of loud voices from pushing things to the top of the list, and honestly I think if you take the old top ten individual lists and apply the Eurovision voting style to them, you end up with a better top ten list every single year.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Rehab wrote: »
    Oh boy, that does sound bleak!

They played it for three hours straight before they realized, with Chat’s help, that apparently they may have triggered an endless mode.

Dan became The New Jeff, Minotti the new Dan

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Eurovision voting prevents a smaller number of loud voices from pushing things to the top of the list, and honestly I think if you take the old top ten individual lists and apply the Eurovision voting style to them, you end up with a better top ten list every single year.

Depends on whether or not Super Mario Maker still wins GoTY during the year it came out. I wonder how the entrenched battle between Skyrim and Saints Row 3(?) would have panned out with that system.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I like that for Bianca her husband wearing an apple costume and being unable to leave their dayroom for 15 minutes, in which be must sing Let It Go and then explain the plot of Frozen into a walkie talkie for the entire time after coaching on singing from Mike Minotti, and doing all of this while being streamed and watched by what is likely a sizeable audience, must just barely register on any kind of weirdness scale for her.

Rehab on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Catching up on Extra Life.

Friday Night Forking may not be my thing, but Windbag is a really fun addition to this so far. He gels super well with the crew, and just has a good vibe. I wouldn't mind seeing him on other GB stuff.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Jess is playing Lethal Company with Chip and other people and it's been great. This moment in particular is just peak Lethal Company moment https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingBadClintBrainSlug-eqAbHutZMme0yNlP

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I don't get the hype

All the super viral clips I've seen are just stuff glitching and/or people screaming into their mics?

I assume it's like another Phasmophobia type thing, but fully embracing YouTuber culture?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    It feels like a bunch of these GOTY categories are kinda lame and poorly defined. Most Ideas? Most B-Game?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nah, they're fine. Really no different than Check Yourself Before You Riggitywreck Yourself Award or anything.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't get the hype

All the super viral clips I've seen are just stuff glitching and/or people screaming into their mics?

I assume it's like another Phasmophobia type thing, but fully embracing YouTuber culture?

It's kinda like a weird sci fi phasmophobia, or that is the closest game comparison I can think of, but it's not actually that much like it. Just the core idea of a multiplayer game with proximity voice chat where there's a small base camp outside where someone can monitor the other players and coordinate if they have radios is the same. Rather than ghost hunting, you play a crew of expendable salvage collectors traveling to creepy abandoned facilities on various alien "moons" with different biomes. The objective is to bring enough salvage back to your shuttle and escape so that you meet your value quota and don't get vented into space, then repeat with harder missions until you inevitably do fail to meet quota. There are monsters both in the facilities and outside if you take too long and night falls, and they all have their own interesting behaviors and are generally instantly deadly if they touch a player. The cheap aesthetic of the players' stuff and their mysterious corporate overlord is pretty memorable, the monsters feel bizarre in a sort of SCP grab bag way, objects you are salvaging are random out of place objects like stop signs and axles and bike horns and cash registers. It's all very distinctive and memorable. When you buy support items like radios they're delivered by a drop pod that's blasting a very low quality ice cream truck jingle.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Nah, they're fine. Really no different than Check Yourself Before You Riggitywreck Yourself Award or anything.

They also seem to be going through them at a pretty decent clip and are only occasionally dipping into "can we clarify the definition/boundaries of this category again".

God knows how fucking bad some of the old GOTY years were with that shit. So far this has been absolutely butter smooth in comparison

• Options
    After listening to today, the top ten is gonna have knives out between Baldur's Gate 3 and Zelda.

• Options
    I don't get the hype

It's kinda like a weird sci fi phasmophobia, or that is the closest game comparison I can think of, but it's not actually that much like it. Just the core idea of a multiplayer game with proximity voice chat where there's a small base camp outside where someone can monitor the other players and coordinate if they have radios is the same. Rather than ghost hunting, you play a crew of expendable salvage collectors traveling to creepy abandoned facilities on various alien "moons" with different biomes. The objective is to bring enough salvage back to your shuttle and escape so that you meet your value quota and don't get vented into space, then repeat with harder missions until you inevitably do fail to meet quota. There are monsters both in the facilities and outside if you take too long and night falls, and they all have their own interesting behaviors and are generally instantly deadly if they touch a player. The cheap aesthetic of the players' stuff and their mysterious corporate overlord is pretty memorable, the monsters feel bizarre in a sort of SCP grab bag way, objects you are salvaging are random out of place objects like stop signs and axles and bike horns and cash registers. It's all very distinctive and memorable. When you buy support items like radios they're delivered by a drop pod that's blasting a very low quality ice cream truck jingle.

“Is that pac-man?”

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Didn't realise the Giant Bomb @ Nite thing was happening today. Fun to see them setting up a live couch again!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait, what?

That's an E3 (well, whatever we're calling that mess now) thing, right? What's the occasion for this one?

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    A lot of folks are in LA for the Game Awards, they’re going to talk to them.

• Options
    u22ga5yv5c7p.jpg

A real all-timer of a couch lineup, good job Bakalar

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Missed the start of that, so I'm gonna watch a replay of the full thing tomorrow. Super pumped to see it, Alan Wake 2 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Also nothing nearly as nebulous as "Best World" was from the GotY discussions that was featured in. Have been really enjoying everything so far!

I think Tam conflated most scenarios with most ideas a bit when discussing Baulder's Gate 3 vs Tears of the Kingdom, but that is rather slight in terms of issues with the categories.

Also, BEST 2022 GAME WE DIDN’T TALK ABOUT still had the game that should have won evading all of them.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

• Options
    And all these categories are way better than the standard GotY categories of other sites like Best Nintendo Game, Best Sony Game, Best Microsoft Game, etc. Not that those are bad, but they are far less entertaining to listen to and also hint at the final top 10 a bit too much in advance.

• Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wait, what?

That's an E3 (well, whatever we're calling that mess now) thing, right? What's the occasion for this one?

what's E3

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    \
    Wait, what?

what's E3

Keigh3

• Options
    Weed3

• Options
    Weed3

That reminds me that when discussing Soulja Boy Presents Best Game For People Who Drink Beer And Get Drunk or Smoke Weed and Get High and Herald of Darkness came up, Jan missed a perfect opportunity to modify it to Herald of Dankness.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Am I missing it somewhere, or did they just retire "Best Moment or Sequence" this year because the top 3 would all be "That One Part In Alan Wake 2"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Am I missing it somewhere, or did they just retire "Best Moment or Sequence" this year because the top 3 would all be "That One Part In Alan Wake 2"

They're doing it right now at the live show.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    The final day is live. I liked how Most Disappointing was handled this time around given how obvious it was and how unanimous it was going to be.

Rehab on
  • Options
    It was funny, but Starfield is such a weird thing. I don't know that I had any expectations going in to it to be disappointed by. But then it didn't even hit Skyrim levels of enjoyment when "Skyrim with space ships" should be GOAT for me.

And I also don't know any other game that could fit the category this year.

What a weird year.

• Options

brcf45c118xq.png

Fire Escape GOTY is live and Pranks have Begun

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Apparently he broke his fingey during this incident and now he's using it as an excuse to get away with not partaking in Blight Club lmao