Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    That is a novel change.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Wasn't that in Overwatch and removed or did I imagine that?

Coinage on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Coinage wrote: »
    Wasn't that in Overwatch and removed or did I imagine that?

It's always been a topic of conversation but unless I'm mistaken I don't think they've ever actually implemented anything to try and "redeem" lost ult for switching, no.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    damn I know Jayne became a meme over the last few years but this is not the outcome anyone hoped for. I really hope he's okay...

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Well, my Fusion/Valiant pred was looking good there for a moment.
    I had 3:1 for Philly. Damnit, Philly.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    VAL/PHI
    me after midtown round 1: i don't think even fusion can choke against this

me 3 years ago re: the very same teams:
    3z7m4uorxjon.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I was scrolling through match history out of curiosity, so here's some
    Philly Phun Phacts
    Since moving to the East region in 2021, Philly has been 2:3d by every team except the Guangzhou Charge (and New York who were in East for 2021 but moved back to West for 2022; they have 3:2d Philly in previous seasons though).
    The last time Philly won a 3:2 was in 2020 vs the LA Gladiators. This was also their best season for map 5 win rates, winning 5 of them and losing only 1 (plus losing a 3:4 vs Paris).
    Overall, Philly has won 22 map fives and lost 16.

• Options
    This Seoul/Chengdu game is shaping up to be a goodun.

• Options
    Philly...

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I love Chengdu so much.

Edit: Very Chengdu way to end that match.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    Gosh this was not a good week for perfect predictions. I ended up going 12-4 but of my 12 wins, only 3 were perfect preds and didn't include either of the double points games. This last day especially, I had one 3-0 and two 3-1 preds, every one of them I'd waffled between 3-0 and 3-1, and every one of them went the other way. Somehow I've made up a good bit of ground though, to the point where I'm back in the hunt for a top spot.

Most of the games in the west next week seem pretty straightforward and the east is currently the Chaos Zone so hopefully I can do better on perfect preds to keep clawing my way back to the top.

• Options
    5-2 for APAC and 6-3 for NA, despite some blunders (rerolled a couple scorelines at the last minute) i had 5 perfect preds including a double pointer to keep me in the game

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    My APAC picks were a disaster. 3-4 albeit with two perfect picks. NA was another story though, 8-1 with 3 perfect picks including the double pointer.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Alright I'm all beta'd up because I am a corporate patsy.

First impressions on Junker Queen: KILL KILL KILL

She's super chaotic and her optimum flow might take a bit to figure out but she's super fun to brawl with. The knife is a great play making tool although it's not nearly as powerful as Roadhog's hook. It is basically just a Lucio boop but in reverse. I did make a pretty sick play in one game where I pulled a Soldier off high ground and dunked him with a meatshot to the head to open the fight up.

I've literally only played a few games so I can't make any good assertions about compositions (not that I know what I'm talking about anyway). I'm not sure if diving her will be effective since she just doesn't really die if you're proccing bleed damage but we'll see in the coming games. Long range poke will absolutely be her undoing. Shout is ok for closing the distance but she'll probably need a Lucio to be effective at the pro level. Reinhardt might just beat her anyway without her did get a slight health nerf (-50 armor, +25 health).

Edit: also competitive rules in QP is nice.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    I've been watching Emongg mess around with her in a private game to test stuff out, and while she definitely doesn't seem OP or anything, she does seem like a whole lot of fun

I'm not sure she'll fit into any kind of OWL level comps, but as a ladder hero she seems pretty cool and viable

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Boston signed Seeker. I have no further details.

edit: Oh also London is rumored to be signing Lukemino. About time he got a spot.

Edit 2: Someone else in the league said the Lukemino signing is not true and that Halo is getting trolled.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Just played with Super. I threw on Zen and he almost clutched on Genji but he died to a stray mine after killing 3 with blade.

• Options
    That sure was a Houston/Atlanta game.

• Options
    That sure was a Houston/Atlanta game.

Sadly it blew up my pred but tbh a Houston/Atlanta game really couldn't end any other way

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    HOU vs ATL
    This is the first time Houston has beaten Atlanta. Which makes sense, given Houston's history of being a garbage team (aside from last year, but Atlanta was one of the best teams in the league).

• Options
    lol, top 3 on the pickems leaderboard are all tied up

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    whoa hey hot damn, did not expect to be up there! only went 3-2 today, but I guess it helps that all three were perfect preds B)

I'm torn on Philly vs Shanghai tomorrow. Philly has already 3-0'd them twice this season and SHD already doesn't look good this stage, but they have so much talent and Philly is so capable of throwing any match, I really want to go with Shanghai. But ultimately that's probably just the afterglow from last season, and the smart money is probably on Philly at this point. But predding Philly to beat Shanghai just feels dirty...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    whoa hey hot damn, did not expect to be up there! only went 3-2 today, but I guess it helps that all three were perfect preds B)

I'm torn on Philly vs Shanghai tomorrow. Philly has already 3-0'd them twice this season and SHD already doesn't look good this stage, but they have so much talent and Philly is so capable of throwing any match, I really want to go with Shanghai. But ultimately that's probably just the afterglow from last season, and the smart money is probably on Philly at this point. But predding Philly to beat Shanghai just feels dirty...

I think Shanghai will finally start running Fate on ball, which should help them a lot (apparently Fate was the shot caller last year). However, it sounds like Belosrea had a good showing on ball this morning, so who the fuck knows. I think it'll be close game. I currently have Philly winning 3-2, but I keep swapping them. APAC is so hard to predict unless Seoul or Guangzhou are involved...

• Options
    yeah I'm in the same boat, I had Shanghai 3-2 to start, then changed it to 3-2 Philly after today's match, then changed it back to Shanghai after some more thought, and now I'm not sure what I want to do

whichever one I pick, it'll probably end up being a 3-0 going the opposite way

• Options
    SHD/PHI
    Whew, thank god I didn't switch back to Philly! Very nearly fulfilled my own prophecy, but like I said you can always count on Philly to drop the ball when it counts. Shanghai looking back to their expected form, thank goodness.

• Options
    TOR/PAR
    The team running Sombra lost the first map. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

• Options
    I really don't get why some teams are still trying to run Sombra. I don't know the stats, but I suspect Sombra's only wins this season have been against other Sombras.

• Options
    Yeah Sombra just seems like a worse pick than any other meta hero, and as far as I know it's not like there are any teams out there stuck with only a Sombra one-trick. Everyone should be able to make something better work! Stop trying to make Sombra happen!

• Options
    Ya like bloodthirsty support plays? (spoilers for Dynasty/Spark)

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_dFbUJ91PGfgxV5CF1XAnNOR1Wu-pSmC

• Options
    straight up stuffed him into a locker

put in my preds for the west games today but i won't be surprised if i get boomed in two of them, i have no faith in these teams

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    If the Washington Justice want a new coach, I just want them to know I'm available.

I won't be good, but I'll definitely be better than the shit they tried to pull today. Like how could you possibly think that was gonna work?
    Haha we fought back to a map 5! Lets take out the players that finally started winning us maps so we can try to beat London in a rush mirror on control!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    i almost big brained that last match, but like i said, no trust in either of them to be good

not as many bonus points but still went 6-1 for APAC and 7-2 for NA

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I'm no longer in last place (among the people who actually participate)! B)

• Options
    Back on top, baby!

Florida seems to be the gatekeeper team of this year, I knew I could count on them to beat Boston, and also count on Boston to make it close (although I definitely didn't count on Boston to go up 2-0 lol). All of the matches I expected to be close went 3-0 and all the matches I expected to be 3-0 ended up being close so not a lot of bonus points, but I'll take what I can get!

The only APAC matches I'm interested in next week are the Chengdu ones because of course. For the West, there aren't a whole lot of compelling matches. Dallas-London might be good depending on what Dallas team shows up, and NYXL-Boston is only interesting because it's the double points match and I could see either of them throwing the match to the other team. Other than that I don't see a whole lot of close match or upset potential.

• Options
    Only missed 2 games all week, one from each region. 4 perfect. Not bad at all.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I forgot to pick last Thursday's matches because of travel, which was not a positive development for my standings.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957