Options

[Overwatch 2] OWCS Stage 1 Qualifiers in March

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    New York/Atlanta map 2
    Remech kill cancelling an EMP was definitely not on my OWL bingo card.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Good grief what a weird week for my pickems. Totally flubbed my APAC picks, went 2-5, and dropped 5 matches in the West.

But of the 10 matches I did pick right, 8 of those were perfect predictions, including the LAG/FLA double-points match, which is the only thing keeping me in it.

Next week has more than a few matches that could go in just about any direction, this tourney is shaping up to be pretty dang weird!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    They announced a bunch of changes that are mostly aimed at fighting smurfing and ban evasion now that the game is F2P: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23857517/

I think these are all positive changes. People might finally shut up about smurfing now that they can't see account level.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Looks like the content creator embargo is down, lots of new vids coming out this morning.

Here's ML7 playing Kiriko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEogu020fUg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Shock signed Striker again. Presumably to give Proper a break (he has some issue with his eye or something like that).

• Options
    Even though the battle pass / shop system really isn't an improvement for me personally (OW1 was very generous), I'm excited nonetheless because it feels like there's a buzz of activity around the game again and that's really what it needed. I want them to catch all the whales because that supports ongoing development for everybody. I just hope that I can reasonably get the mythic skins without poopsocking.

I also hope that they don't over-invest in cosmetics because that's where the money is. I'd like to see more content than just a hero or map per season, like a new arcade mode for each season. My big pipe dream for OW has always been real mod and mapping support, that would be a game changer.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Shock signed Striker again. Presumably to give Proper a break (he has some issue with his eye or something like that).

Time is a flat circle. Season 6 he'll sign with Boston again.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    dang so I just today realized that the phone number attached to my blizz account has been disconnected for multiple years, absolutely no way to get a text sent to it in order to change it

emailed support last night but I have a feeling I won't be playing for...a while. dammit.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Well, shit

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Hopefully support can help you quickly.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    in a historic occasion, avast's got number one valiant simp tay zonday on the desk today

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Soldier looked like he needed a ride.

https://youtu.be/64qmYUJHklc

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Yo all. I know it’s been a while. With OW2 coming I doubt I’ll get back into it, but all the same…

Is there anything I need to do currency wise before the OW2 update? (Or have I missed something?)

Like, is there a currency that I need to spend otherwise it’ll all go away? Or will it transfer over and be waiting for me if I ever do get back into the game?

Thanks.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Yo all. I know it’s been a while. With OW2 coming I doubt I’ll get back into it, but all the same…

Is there anything I need to do currency wise before the OW2 update? (Or have I missed something?)

Like, is there a currency that I need to spend otherwise it’ll all go away? Or will it transfer over and be waiting for me if I ever do get back into the game?

Thanks.

Transfers over. It'll even auto open any loot boxes you've got sitting around since they're going away.

You may want to take a moment and make sure you've got a phone number on your blizzard account but there isn't anything else you need to do.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Legacy credits will transfer and can be spent on the existing items, and a handful of new ones. Moving forward the credits will probably be deprecated and not spendable on new stuff. However, two things you should know:
    • Items are getting considerably more expensive in OW2, even the old ones. You'll get a much better deal buying them now.
    • All event skins are available now, but they're going back in the vault tomorrow.

• Options
    Folks, I failed to pick six games during week 1. How am I tied for third in the PA pick 'ems?

• Options
    Also, I'll probably be on tonight for one last OW1 ride.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Legacy credits will transfer and can be spent on the existing items, and a handful of new ones. Moving forward the credits will probably be deprecated and not spendable on new stuff. However, two things you should know:
    • Items are getting considerably more expensive in OW2, even the old ones. You'll get a much better deal buying them now.
    • All event skins are available now, but they're going back in the vault tomorrow.

Someone worked out the math and it shows as being like 450 years worth of challenges just for the OW1 cosmetics. Or $12k.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Folks, I failed to pick six games during week 1. How am I tied for third in the PA pick 'ems?

Mistakes were made

• Options
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

Someone worked out the math and it shows as being like 450 years worth of challenges just for the OW1 cosmetics. Or $12k.

These games are never meant for anyone to complete the collection. You just can't think that way. It's like getting all the achievements in WoW.

• Options
    Yaki, please have mercy on my preds.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Vancouver/Toronto
    K1ng is such a cutie patootie. Was so heartwarming watching him get all excited after that pop off. Also if Toronto wins 1 map but loses the series, they go back to .500 win rate and +0 map differential. Genetically engineered in a lab to be perfectly mid.

Edit: Final score spoilers
    This is a good, honest .500 OWL team. We play .500 OW goddammit. Salt of the earth, punch the clock, even win/loss ratio OW. We lose a couple, guess what? We'll win a couple, too. But don't get too excited or let it go to your head. No long winning streaks here, no sir. That's hubris, which this blue collar, hard-working everyman team doesn't have. A few wins in a row, these guys, true to form, will balance it out with a couple of losses.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    In the final days of Overwatch 1, Ana snuck into my most played character. Add a couple hours to QP for my final time played.

K0Qfzic.png

Got four wins in a row tonight to cross the threshold to Master in Open Queue.

twHS4UR.png

And got one last achievement (weird video due to how Replay handles OW in multiple window that I forgot about)

https://youtu.be/TPttCyYcas0

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular

I wish our timelines lined up! I was on earlier in the day, hoping to ride what's left of classic Overwatch in to the sunset. I didn't see anyone get on, so I spent my last session playing arcade with strangers.

• Options
    Endaro wrote: »

I wish our timelines lined up! I was on earlier in the day, hoping to ride what's left of classic Overwatch in to the sunset. I didn't see anyone get on, so I spent my last session playing arcade with strangers.

I am Eastern TZ these days so I am on earlier than I previously was.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Mistakes were made

I apparently got literally every game in East wrong this week. Though I did get all but one in west correct.

Though that puts me back to the bottom of the pile for this stage, where I'm comfortable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So should we start a new ow2 thread?

Seems questionable but also might be nice to have a nice fresh op so we can start a signup sheet for new players and info and such.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Ehhhhh we're less than halfway through this thread. I can update the OP and put a link to this page to show people where OW2 stuff starts. If you got an OP, I'll put it up otherwise I'll draft something tonight.

• Options
    I hope you folks like words because howdy have I got 'em.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Keep the pic in the op imo, as a "how far we've come" sort of thing.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    New OP draft is up. Let me know if anything major is missing. I'm working on the Kiriko image size; imgur has been struggling for some time now.

• Options
    last global message before the servers went down:
    unknown.png

90 minutes til go time

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Props to @kana for the idea to redo the OP and @Skeith for keeping the original Overwatch banner. I've started a new public player list linked here.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    If you're waiting to get on at 3, check your client now. Some people are able to launch already.

Edit: I'm in baybeeee

SirToasty on
  • Options
    If you can't launch yet make sure to check for updates, once I updated I was able to launch the client.

2k in queue ahead of me though... oh no as I type that I'm through. Letting folks in fast.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Yeah I checked for game updates and restarted battle.net and got in.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Servers are getting bonked obviously so there's a lot of DCing going on. Gonna take a break myself. So far I'm having a good time. Probably played 5 or 6 comp games on various roles. I had already forgotten how much better the game feels from beta. Also Kiriko is hard as fuck.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm getting "In queue: 0 players ahead of you". So, that's fun. Not unexpected, though.