Options

"E3"- it's over!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait did i like blink and miss them saying TPHD is getting ported?

yes, it was immediately after the DOOM dlc

huh!

yeah that's weird they're not doing ww too then

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    don't really understand what people are mad about

they're bringing back friggin' metroid dread, and it's out in only 4 months

they're makin' a new warioware for the first time in ages

they showed botw2 gameplay footage for the first time

like, what more were you expecting

Yeah, I figured that actually showing a new 2D Metroid that 1) doesn't look like shit and 2) has an actual release date (this year even!) would have bought Nintendo all the goodwill in the universe.

fwiw Dread is the most likely new/exclusive game yet to sell me on buying a Switch

I am actively stoked on that trailer, mostly because the horror bits of Fusion remain among my deepest Nintendo nostalgia of all time

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2021

huh!

yeah that's weird they're not doing ww too then

Immediately after the DOOM dlc was the Tony Hawk game

Which is a weird direction to go with a twilight princess port but I'm here for it

Jokes aside, they didn't announce that twilight princess is getting ported

Quantum Tiger on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

what stream did you have? Mine went right into Tony Hawk

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my brain read THPD, tony hawk's pro dater

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    This nintendo treehouse thing is so weird, it's like people who are really high on drugs pretending that they are normal or something

Peas on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh ok I was questioning my continuity of consciousness there for minute

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So happy to see the Samus Returns folks returning for Dread. They knocked it out of the park with the Metroid 2 remake, IMO, and having that gameplay in HD is gonna be wonderful.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I would really like to play as Zelda but her falling into that big pit isn't giving me much confidence

• Options
    Confirmed that I needed a gnome to post. works for nintendo though!

It all checks out! Alludes to zelda and very quickly shows nothing of importance!

:wonk:

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild 2 was kind of interesting when it was underground and Dehydrated Ganon was there. Saying now the additional area is in the sky and you're also still on the ground just doesn't sit right with me. Same location, same gameplay, and from the looks of it same Ganon energy fucking up Hyrule Castle. So what was even the point of the first one then?

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Breath of the Wild 2 was kind of interesting when it was underground and Dehydrated Ganon was there. Saying now the additional area is in the sky and you're also still on the ground just doesn't sit right with me. Same location, same gameplay, and from the looks of it same Ganon energy fucking up Hyrule Castle. So what was even the point of the first one then?

I'm reasonably sure that there will be a large underground portion accessed from points below hyrule castle

I was hoping that the reason for development taking so long was a dark world, but alas

• Options

Optimistically all that land mass ripping out of the ground has left holes through which you can access dungeons

• Options
    I hole-d out hope for large underground maze-like areas full of puzzles and exploration

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I would really like to play as Zelda but her falling into that big pit isn't giving me much confidence

Do a Dishonored 2 and have selectable player character and something bad happens to the one you don't pick.

Except it's Nintendo, so they won't do that.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Y'all I'm SO amped for Metroid Dread. It has been so long since I've been this excited about a game.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Just put a question mark after 2022 be honest

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Schreier delays yet another game

• Options

Optimistically all that land mass ripping out of the ground has left holes through which you can access dungeons

Here's hoping.

Also that weapon degradation is gone but that's less hope

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

Oh boy. Probably out on their next console again, huh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Weapon degradation was implemented well in BotW and added to the chaotic energy of environmental fighting.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Zandracon wrote: »

what are those?
    e: oh, shmups, right

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    No it was ass and eventually became nothing but a hassle to go to combat shrines to stock up on replacements every time they reset.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Weapon degradation was implemented well in BotW and added to the chaotic energy of environmental fighting.

Yeah, it added something to the battles. Do I use this weapon here when I don't have to fight these guys and save it for later.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    el_vicio wrote: »

very famous bullet hell scrolling shooters
    espgaluda2-8.png
    like that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Yeah, it added something to the battles. Do I use this weapon here when I don't have to fight these guys and save it for later.

Why should I fight these guys when i'll just break everything and at best come out the other side with the same amount of resources I went in with.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    those advance wars remakes literally look like mobile games you'd see in ads before a prozd video

• Options
    No it was ass and eventually became nothing but a hassle to go to combat shrines to stock up on replacements every time they reset.

I literally never had to farm weapons at all to play the game and was nearly always geared up acceptably. The balance of weapons in to weapon durability was very, very good in my experience.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular

I literally never had to farm weapons at all to play the game and was nearly always geared up acceptably. The balance of weapons in to weapon durability was very, very good in my experience.

Plus, infinite bombs

• Options
    I think weapon durability is often a very dumb/pointless system (e.g. as a gold sink in MMOs, as a useless anti grind feature in Dark Souls 1), but leaning into it as part of the game design genuinely worked for BotW.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I hated the weapon durability in botw.

Even though weapons were plentiful, it still annoyed the hell out of my brain. Even when I got the master sword it would still break and I'd have to go use other shit until it recharged.

I would have much preferred getting a more limited set of permanent weapons that you could upgrade or whatever.

It's actually one of the big reasons why, despite loving how botw handled exploration, it ranks pretty low on my list of 3d zeldas.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I can see the weapon system being torturous for people with hoarding syndrome. I do not have hoarding syndrome so if a big enemy was in my way I was breaking something good on its head

• Options
    the real crime was not having a recipe book

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Oh boy. Probably out on their next console again, huh

But also it will be cross system again because it is still being announced for Switch.

So I'll probably still end up with it on Switch.

Also to join the same conversation that happens every time-

I would be ok with the weapon degradation if I could fix my weapons. Making them break forever makes finding new weapons completely uninteresting. Just let me go to town to repair and stock up on weapon repair kits. Make that preparation be part of venturing out into the wilds. Now I can focus on a weapon or two but also people who like just picking up new ones can still do that.

Boom! Problem solved!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there was also a point in the game where my mining hammer broke and I was just like well, guess I'm using my royal claymores to mine ore now

• Options
    The biggest problem with the weapon degradation in Breath was that it did not encourage fighting using the environment or using a wide variety of tools. Instead it encouraged not fighting at all because you're not going to get anything out of it and each fight is just going to cost more resources. So don't bother, don't engage, run away as much as possible because there's no incentive to engage with non mandatory combat.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I generally felt all the weapons were kind of samey feeling in BotW? Might have just been my play style since I found it easiest to just perfect dodge most attacks and retaliate, but overall I would have vastly preferred some very tightly designed and interesting weapons rather than a stack of conceptually interesting but kind of boring weapons that mash into a slurry as I hammer the attack button. Combat was by far my least favorite part of BotW though.

Overall very happy with Metroid Dread and SMT5 has me very hype now after being very meh on 4. Helps that the protag has hair I wish I could have, as silly as a reason as that is.

Kazuya in Smash is… probably gonna make someone happy, so that’s nice. I was kind of hoping for more Nintendo reps at this point honestly. Very funny trailer though, and maybe he’ll be fun.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    The biggest problem with the weapon degradation in Breath was that it did not encourage fighting using the environment or using a wide variety of tools. Instead it encouraged not fighting at all because you're not going to get anything out of it and each fight is just going to cost more resources. So don't bother, don't engage, run away as much as possible because there's no incentive to engage with non mandatory combat.

Again, I played the whole game and never really dodged combat and this just like... wasn't true? Small camps would burn like one weapon and have a weapon chest and then some, and Lynels gave tons of weapons relative to how much it took to smash em.

I ate an engineer