As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] All this for a Toaster? Tag Spoilers!

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I have played ME2 at least 5 times and I dont think I’ve ever had dinner with Kelly.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I have played ME2 at least 5 times and I dont think I’ve ever had dinner with Kelly.

I've done the same almost, and I haven't. But I deliberately ignored her in all those other playthroughs. I find her more than a little off-putting.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I've done the same almost, and I haven't. But I deliberately ignored her in all those other playthroughs. I find her more than a little off-putting.

The writing for Kelly is just so incredibly creepy.

I refuse to flirt with her, so she never shows up in ME3.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Renegade Shepard does whatever it takes to get the job done. Like hitting on the HR person so she feeds her fish.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Strikor wrote: »
    Renegade Shepard does whatever it takes to get the job done. Like hitting on the HR person so she feeds her fish.

And yet when I hit on my subordinates or try to manipulate them into feeding my pets HR yells at me for "sexual harassment" and "creating a hostile work environment". Truly, there is no justice in the world.
    Don't hit on your subordinates. Or use them to feed your pets (either way).

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I don't think I ever haven’t.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So, quick question that this replay is returning to my head. Is it supposed in game that all of your squad members go on all of your missions?

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

I don't think I ever haven’t.

Well then, for all of us who haven't had the "pleasure"--Do you just keep talking to her every time she has one of her sad-noise observations of wisdom and say something polite? Until the option finally appears?

Or do you need to outright throw yourself at her (even though I know the, um, "Dance" has to be triggered from Shepard's own quarters in the very late game).

• Options
    Talk, flirt, be nice, it's really not hard. IIRC everything you need is on the ME Wiki.

• Options
    Talk, flirt, be nice, it's really not hard. IIRC everything you need is on the ME Wiki.

The wiki is actually rather vague ("Just don't be outright rude"), since the event doesn't have a fixed time. Other sources say you need to flirt with her at every opportunity. It's not particularly clear.

• Options
    I always make the rounds on the ship after a mission so I guess I'm speaking with her at every opportunity.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »

And yet when I hit on my subordinates or try to manipulate them into feeding my pets HR yells at me for "sexual harassment" and "creating a hostile work environment". Truly, there is no justice in the world.
    Don't hit on your subordinates. Or use them to feed your pets (either way).
    Except in video games, obviously.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Also talk to her after every recruitment mission; there's some banter there that you can miss.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    New omniblade from the Bioware Store is looking sweet.

https://gear.bioware.com/blogs/news/omni-blade-replica-passion-project-update

Glad I ordered one!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Also talk to her after every recruitment mission; there's some banter there that you can miss.

It doesn't help that, while her character generates the dialogue each time there's a recruitment mission, she doesn't necessarily give it that that--it can be delayed by other dialogue and doesn't appear until after the next mission.

"Talk to her at every opportunity," helps with that, but it makes a tracking it annoying.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Bioware has released a new infographic for Legendary Edition showing how choices were made and played out. It's interesting how some have clearly changed since their older ones for the originals (like a larger proportion - but still a minority - of players choosing to play as FemShep this time around). Spoiler'd for story spoilers, obviously. Apparently I can't inline it, might be too big for the forum (it is 4096 pixels tall).

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/07/mass_effect_legendary_edition_stats_show_most_popular_shepard_key_story_choices_and_much_more

Jazz on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I’m tagged in that last stat and don’t like it

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Surprised so many people go with soldier, so many fun things to play with.

• Options
    edited July 2021

I think some people just genuinely go with whatever is the "default", whatever is the highlighted option when the menu appears, or whatever seems simplest or most immediately relatable.

I would put money on the numbers being higher for both FemShep and non-soldier classes if they were the first highlighted option.

Edit: that said, FemShep's numbers are much higher than the original releases' infographic from back in the day, so that's good.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I picked soldier because I didn't want to have to pause the game any time I wanted to attack. I am super bad at keeping track of that kind of thing. Hell, I almost forget to use adrenalin rush half of the time. And that will just delete shit.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dang, Mass Effect Andromeda is still busted.

Had to quit out of the game.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    That's not a bug, you just unlocked Kwisatz Haderach mode.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I think some people just genuinely go with whatever is the "default", whatever is the highlighted option when the menu appears, or whatever seems simplest or most immediately relatable.

I would put money on the numbers being higher for both FemShep and non-soldier classes if they were the first highlighted option.

I like that Vanguard is now #2 though

more people are picking the class of kings

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

I like that Vanguard is now #2 though

more people are picking the class of kings

Making them kings of class.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Vanguard is what you pick after you have played all the others because you'll never want to go back.

• Options
    It's the only way to fly.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I picked soldier because I didn't want to have to pause the game any time I wanted to attack. I am super bad at keeping track of that kind of thing. Hell, I almost forget to use adrenalin rush half of the time. And that will just delete shit.

Which is entirely fair :+1:

A stat that surprised me on the graphic was the outcome of Rannoch, given how particular the requirements for that are.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I never seriously considered her, since her "notice me SENPAI" energy was off the charts. My renegade Shepherd is too busy shooting aliens in the face, groupies like Conrad can take a number.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

I never seriously considered her, since her "notice me SENPAI" energy was off the charts. My renegade Shepherd is too busy shooting aliens in the face, groupies like Conrad can take a number.
    I think she's like that with everyone.

I mean, there was an outbreak of Scale Itch on the Normandy in ME2.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

I think she's like that with everyone.

I mean, there was an outbreak of Scale Itch on the Normandy in ME2.

"Implications... unpleasant." - Mordin Solus

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

This is why I always go Infiltrator.

• Options

This is why I always go Infiltrator.

Confirmed 90% of gamers are basic with their class choice.

• Options
    Is it odd that I remember ME1s missions so much better than I do for ME3? Like, I am totally lost on some of these, and I don't remember it being that way when I was playing it back in the day.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Is it odd that I remember ME1s missions so much better than I do for ME3? Like, I am totally lost on some of these, and I don't remember it being that way when I was playing it back in the day.

You probably replayed ME1 more times

• Options
    Boy some of these Shepard hair and face mods sure do… exist.

hmznsndmaife.jpeg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Is... is that an Adrianne Palicki mod?

• Options
    I mean that's like complaining about Fallout cat girl or sexbot mods. Of course they exist.

• Options
    Is there a bug with the weight system in ME3? I took the talent that gave me more capacity and it doesn't seem to actually work.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The only mods I really hate are the ones that turn black characters white. Any other appearance mod is fine, whatever floats your boat.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oh god I'm getting flashbacks to the Dragon Age II Isabela mods
    (That said there being technically precedent for her
    originally being a white-bread-ass NPC in the first game, but the actual responses around the mod's usage got ugly real fast lol