As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Your making a lot of fuss about pronouncing "Gogh" correctly, never realizing that you're pronouncing the "van" wrong; the v is an f sound, as in German.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Your making a lot of fuss about pronouncing "Gogh" correctly, never realizing that you're pronouncing the "van" wrong; the v is an f sound, as in German.

The v is a v-sound, the f is an f-sound, according to my son's teacher. Not sure if English differentiates between the two sounds, but it's definitely there.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

The v is a v-sound, the f is an f-sound, according to my son's teacher. Not sure if English differentiates between the two sounds, but it's definitely there.

The Dutch QI guy pronounces the v closer to an f-sound. And the (German) car manufacturer is pronounced folksvagen.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Am I at least saying "Vincent" correctly?
    No. No I am not.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

The set will seemingly retail for $99.99 / £99.99 and will release on August 1, 2022. The set apparently contains 1062 parts.

The set is likely to be revealed during Star Wars Celebration, which is currently ongoing and is scheduled to include several Lego reveals.

EA officially announced a sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in January, along with two other new Star Wars projects in development at Fallen Order development studio Respawn Entertainment.

Earlier this month it was claimed that the sequel would be titled Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-lego-set-images-appear-online/

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    takemymoney.gif

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bd! Stim! *Snap*

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Not buying it unless they include at least two additional skins for him. :D

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Not buying it unless they include at least two additional skins for him. :D

DLC sold separately.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdlSYC1cCE
    I made a clock using mangle rack mechanism using LEGO bricks.
    Please watch with subtitles.

Japan Brickfest 2022 will be held on June 11-12, 2022. I am planning to exhibit this and GBC there.

Chapter:
    0:00 Opening
    0:28 Making the second hand of the clock
    3:30 Making the minute hand of the clock
    5:53 Making the hour hand of the clock
    8:25 Operation
    11:05 12-hour time-lapse

My website:
    https://akiyuki.jp/
    kAuimvs.jpg
    4vE9Y1Z.png
    y9jZFJo.png

my god the engineering behind this

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want one.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Brolo on
  • Options
    The 20 is upside down compared to the preceding numbers, and for some reason it really triggers me.

• Options

Thanks. Put a pre-order in there. Will decide if I want the VIP points or $10 off later.
    Heffling wrote: »
    The 20 is upside down compared to the preceding numbers, and for some reason it really triggers me.

Great. Now it is triggering me too.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Thanks. Put a pre-order in there. Will decide if I want the VIP points or $10 off later.

It flips back again at the 50

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    My shelf of shame presented without comment.
    lwam3aqwuqff.jpg

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I noticed the minute hands flipping orientation and it made me wonder what's the best way to represent it - consistency or readability.

I honestly have no answer, and that's probably a big reason why a lot of clocks don't bother.
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    My shelf of shame presented without comment.

I was gonna go "Oh, that isn't so bad", until I saw the Falcon. Yup. You win the backlog, easy. :D

(Please do not look in the Gunpla thread in recent weeks.)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    A bunch of these I got because I thought my kids would enjoy them when they're older, but who knows?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    A bunch of these I got because I thought my kids would enjoy them when they're older, but who knows?

Okay, that's perfect.

However, when it comes time to give these to your kids, be careful about how you go about it. My dad doing something like that is how I realized there was no Santa Claus.

Growing up, my dad's office/den was awesome. A huge computer desk, an electrical workbench on the back wall, a tv up high for background noise, an entire wall full of programming manuals and other job related stuff. There was also this small closet in the back where dad kept his assorted wires, tools, and other things that he would use in his work and hobbies. It had a really cool sliding door, because it was just too narrow to have a real door. And of course because it was full of electronics and equipment and random junk (and later in life I learned dad kept his sport rifles back there), I wasn't allowed in there.

When I was somewhere between 5-7, Christmas rolled around. My gift from Santa was the GI Joe mobile space launch platform, the Defiant. It was just sitting under the tree, given to me by Santa, fully assembled. This was my pride and joy, and I loved everything about it. I used to even ride around on it, back when I was small enough to do that.

Well, as I was playing with it on Christmas day, I noticed something odd. See, there were giant turrets on either side of the vehicle, as seen here:

crawler_bay3.jpg

The one on the outside there, upside-down. One was present, but the other was missing. I was confused as heck, so I went to my dad. "Dad, something's wrong. Santa didn't give me a piece! There should be a gun here!" Dad looks at me. He then gets up, disappears back into the closet, closes the door, and then comes back out with the turret. I'm like "OMG, that's awesome, thank you dad!" ... and then my little brain was like. Waitaminute. Why would Santa have left that part back there? That makes no sense.

I still got gifts from Santa for a few years. But the final really big year I remember, and what kind of killed it off from me, was the year I got a drummer's throne. That was, IMO, the lamest gift ever. I still have that throne because it is BUILT LIKE A ROCK. I do not still have the Defiant, which broke, piece by piece, over many years of love.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Speaking of my storage, Lego boxes on their side is best, right? So the box doesn't collapse in?

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

It flips back again at the 50

Now I can't unsee that either, thanks! =)

• Options
    Speaking of my storage, Lego boxes on their side is best, right? So the box doesn't collapse in?

I usually store all of my unbuilt Legos on their side. Although I did have some stacked on top of each other like pancakes, but usually the smaller boxes.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I’ve never had a Lego sealed in my house for longer than an hour.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Ordered the BD-1 on the LEGO site for pre-order aaaaaaaand I just got an e-mail that it's now backordered.

Frick.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Been working on an LV426 Hadley's Hope diorama for my Colonial Space Marines APC and Aliens minifigs.

nwp4p7h0g2av.jpg

Still a work on progress but it's getting there. Pretty happy how it's turning out. Need to find more dark bluish gray grille tiles (I ran out, lol), and adding more greebly tech details to the walls and maybe an opening door mechanism. Oh, and blood. Lots of yellowish green acid blood. :D

• Options
    edited May 2022
    org451gt2t3u.jpg
    xa1clsrfe766.jpg

A brand store in China has provided us with the first glimpse of a forthcoming gift with purchase.

40567 Forest Hideout plays homage to 6054 Forestmen's Hideout from the beloved Forestmen Castle subtheme.

It looks to be a faithful reproduction which has leveraged the new parts and techniques that have become available since the original was introduced during 1988. It has more pieces than the old version and two minifigures, one of whom appears to be female.

https://brickset.com/article/77292/first-image-of-90-years-of-play-gwp

Brolo on
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    org451gt2t3u.jpg
    xa1clsrfe766.jpg

A brand store in China has provided us with the first glimpse of a forthcoming gift with purchase.

40567 Forest Hideout plays homage to 6054 Forestmen's Hideout from the beloved Forestmen Castle subtheme.

It looks to be a faithful reproduction which has leveraged the new parts and techniques that have become available since the original was introduced during 1988. It has more pieces than the old version and two minifigures, one of whom appears to be female.

https://brickset.com/article/77292/first-image-of-90-years-of-play-gwp

Looks great! I hate that these Castle GWP and sets won't be going on at the same time as the Optimus Prime set (off by 2 weeks or so, I believe).

I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal of the Lion King's Castle, which reportedly does not even come with a king minifigure, oddly enough (wth, Lego?). It's being referred to colloquially as the Lion's Queen Castle since it will at least include a queen minifig.

Either way, I have such fond memories of the Lion knight minifigs as a kid when Castle was still a thing. The set should be pretty big and come with loads of minifigures!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I’ve never had a Lego sealed in my house for longer than an hour.

I have some from when I moved here in my pile of books and boxes as that's why I call Lego the accidental investment

• Options
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Ordered the BD-1 on the LEGO site for pre-order aaaaaaaand I just got an e-mail that it's now backordered.

Frick.

Uh, it comes out on August. So everyone's orders are backordered.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Man. Just look at those two pics and see how far Lego's come in our lifetimes.

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »
    Been working on an LV426 Hadley's Hope diorama for my Colonial Space Marines APC and Aliens minifigs.

nwp4p7h0g2av.jpg

Still a work on progress but it's getting there. Pretty happy how it's turning out. Need to find more dark bluish gray grille tiles (I ran out, lol), and adding more greebly tech details to the walls and maybe an opening door mechanism. Oh, and blood. Lots of yellowish green acid blood. :D

I can hear the movie lines in my head right now.
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man. Just look at those two pics and see how far Lego's come in our lifetimes.

I have one of the old sets where the Minifigure doesn't have any moving arms or legs and has no face. Lego has indeed come a long way since then. I still have lots of love for the old sets as much as the new stuff. Can't wait to get this GWP.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I just got a bunch of my brothers and my old LEGO from when we were kids. In it is an old LEGO person with the solid block body and a basic head.

4224c02.png

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Raiju wrote: »

nwp4p7h0g2av.jpg

I can hear the movie lines in my head right now.

"Game over, man, game over!" RIP, Bill Paxton (Pvt Hudson) and Al Matthews (GySgt Apone).

And I just ordered a crap ton of 1x2 flat silver grille tiles from BrickLink to finish off my diorama MOC. I think the flat silver will help break up all the dark bluish gray a little bit.

Raiju on
  • Options
    A suggestion: Remove one of the grille tiles and replace underneath it and the surrounding plates in acid colored plates, and have a wounded alien above.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    As a small diversion from my Star Wars helmet collection, I got the 1960s Batman cowl. I had planned to get the other, more modern Batman cowl so I can put them on either side of my shelf, though the shelf has been repurposed as a laptop desk since then.

The build itself is quite simple, though the secret heart hidden inside Batman's head is an interesting Easter egg. One neat feature of this set is that the helmet just rests on the stand, so you can take it off and hold it easily. All of the other helmets I have are fixed into the stand, even the Red 5 helmet which came out later. I'd like to see this addition done to future sets.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    A few weeks ago I committed to posting pictures of my Lego Star Destroyer fleet. Technically it's not complete as I need to find the polypag star destroyers manuals and rebuild them, but it's close enough. So, from the top:

frgn63cz59f6.jpg

From top left to right, we have:

75190 First Order Star Destroyer
    6211 Imperial Star Destroyer
    75055 Imperial Star Destroyer
    10030 (UCS*) Imperial Star Destroyer
    75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer (2.0)
    10221 UCS Super Star Destroyer
    *edit* I forgot about the 75315 Imperial Light Cruiser

*UCS moniker didn't exist in 2002.

A better view of the non-UCS Star Destroyers:
    1bko5mlwjltg.jpg

Surprise! Behind every (UCS*) Imperial Star Destroyer lies a midi scale 8099 Imperial Star Destroyer:
    d3n9frlpi71g.jpg

Sir! They've located the Imperial Fleet!
    LAUNCH ALL TIE SQUADRONS!!!
    5k1dgab0tckm.jpg

The Tie Fighters are built from 17 pieces, and I bought enough to make 20 Tie Fighters. I also have a polybag Tie Interceptor.

This has been a really fun and welcomely distracting journey over the past few months. Next up...where in the F*** do I display these.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    <... insane amounts of awesomeness ...>

This has been a really fun and welcomely distracting journey over the past few months. Next up...where in the F*** do I display these.

That's easy: hang them all from the ceiling in a giant squadron diorama.

Just leave space on the ceiling for the rebel fleet diorama on the opposite side.

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    A few weeks ago I committed to posting pictures of my Lego Star Destroyer fleet. Technically it's not complete as I need to find the polypag star destroyers manuals and rebuild them, but it's close enough. So, from the top:

frgn63cz59f6.jpg

1bko5mlwjltg.jpg

Surprise! Behind every (UCS*) Imperial Star Destroyer lies a midi scale 8099 Imperial Star Destroyer:
    d3n9frlpi71g.jpg

5k1dgab0tckm.jpg

The Tie Fighters are built from 17 pieces, and I bought enough to make 20 Tie Fighters. I also have a polybag Tie Interceptor.

That is the most beautiful random layout ever. EVER!

I actually have two of the midi Star Destroyers by accident. Last year I was surfing bricklink and discovered that they made one. Thinking I never had one I scoured eBay and watchlisted a bunch. One day one appeared from a low feedback seller (although all positives) saying they were selling off their kids sets and they weren't sure if they were complete. He took a lot of photos and it seemed that it was nearly complete so bought it since it was a steal just for the parts alone. Got it in hand, took it completely apart and discovered that it was 100% complete, just put together wrong. I was so happy to have one.

Flash forward six months later. Cleaning up the house in anticipation for a puppy and going through all the Lego boxes to stuff more in the closet. What did we find? A boxed midi Star Destroyer. Apparently my wife bought me one and I just stuffed it into the closet. So one day I'll have two on display.

Edit: I just realized I need to track down a third to display them together with the midi Falcon diving away from them. Dang it.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

frgn63cz59f6.jpg

1bko5mlwjltg.jpg

d3n9frlpi71g.jpg

5k1dgab0tckm.jpg

That is the most beautiful random layout ever. EVER!

I actually have two of the midi Star Destroyers by accident. Last year I was surfing bricklink and discovered that they made one. Thinking I never had one I scoured eBay and watchlisted a bunch. One day one appeared from a low feedback seller (although all positives) saying they were selling off their kids sets and they weren't sure if they were complete. He took a lot of photos and it seemed that it was nearly complete so bought it since it was a steal just for the parts alone. Got it in hand, took it completely apart and discovered that it was 100% complete, just put together wrong. I was so happy to have one.

Flash forward six months later. Cleaning up the house in anticipation for a puppy and going through all the Lego boxes to stuff more in the closet. What did we find? A boxed midi Star Destroyer. Apparently my wife bought me one and I just stuffed it into the closet. So one day I'll have two on display.

Edit: I just realized I need to track down a third to display them together with the midi Falcon diving away from them. Dang it.

Woe is you.

This discussion has been closed.