As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Skyrim [chat] thread

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Good for him. Doubling down in this era of cancel culture is a BRAVE STANCE. Unless you double down by like doing Hitler Salutes twice as often.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Did no editor ask themselves why they thought that needed to be printed?

This is WaPo, not HuffPo

Probably rubbed their hands at the inevitable hateclick tsunami.

I know it’s noon where you live but it’s too early here for this kind of clear-eyed fact-based nihilism

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Good for him. Doubling down in this era of cancel culture is a BRAVE STANCE. Unless you double down by like doing Hitler Salutes twice as often.

If you do a double Hitler salute it's just a Superman pose

Now you're a hero

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i have so much trouble getting up before 7am now despite going to bed at a reasonable hour.

And for some reason that depresses me.

Boo-urns.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Good thing my days of saying shit on the internet that could get dredged up and used against me in the future are behind me.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

This is WaPo, not HuffPo

1.3 billion people in India

That's a lot of engagement

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

This is WaPo, not HuffPo

I know it’s noon where you live but it’s too early here for this kind of clear-eyed fact-based nihilism

The job of a columnist has always partly been to say stuff nobody else would, because they're not pieces of shit or morons. In Stewart Lee's words, "having controversial opinions every week, to a deadline, for money".

• Options

This is WaPo, not HuffPo

The job of a columnist has always partly been to say stuff nobody else would, because they're not pieces of shit or morons. In Stewart Lee's words, "having controversial opinions every week, to a deadline, for money".

As a former columnist,

true

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Who is the Riley from Riley's Law?

I think it started as a trashfuture in-joke, and is hosted by a guy called Riley (@raaleh on twitter)

this is going to surprise you, but this didn't actually elucidate anything for me =P

it's okay though, I can take it from here

*googles trashfuture*

further update: still not elucidated but I'm just gonna leave it there I think

It is a trash left podcast usually hosted by some combination of journalists Riley [no surname] and Hussein Kesvani, comedian Milo Edwards, and Alice Caldwell-Kelly

They talk about all kinds of stuff but frequently take their subject matter inspiration from whatever right wing columnists on the UK have been writing about, which is frequently trans people

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I will take the brave, far-seeing position that Indian food is delicious and has a huge variety of distinct flavors

• Options
    I kinda wonder what’s going on with DaBaby

He’s on an “early 90s Buffalo Bills”-level of unforced errors these days

Such a profound amount of unsolicited homophobia

sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is

or in his case, given his complete lack of understanding of, for example, HIV and how it works....how it isn't

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    it's me, i'm the comedian

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm an Indian food baby but even I can tell it's an expansive flavor set they're working with over there.

WaPo why you gotta do?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

I think it started as a trashfuture in-joke, and is hosted by a guy called Riley (@raaleh on twitter)

this is going to surprise you, but this didn't actually elucidate anything for me =P

*googles trashfuture*

It is a trash left podcast usually hosted by some combination of journalists Riley [no surname] and Hussein Kesvani, comedian Milo Edwards, and Alice Caldwell-Kelly

They talk about all kinds of stuff but frequently take their subject matter inspiration from whatever right wing columnists on the UK have been writing about, which is frequently trans people

I assume 'trash' here is, like, a classification of leftist along the lines of 'tankie' or whatever

or is it a value judgement?

basically tell me if they have good opinions

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    wait never mind haha just kidding, maybe lets not discuss the finer points of 'which leftists are good, actually' in [chat]

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I kinda wonder what’s going on with DaBaby

He’s on an “early 90s Buffalo Bills”-level of unforced errors these days

Such a profound amount of unsolicited homophobia

sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is

or in his case, given his complete lack of understanding of, for example, HIV and how it works....how it isn't

Yeah

“I’m going to say some really stupid things that are both bigoted and ignorant to the point of outing me as a very unintelligent person, despite no one asking me, and I will continue to double down and dig my hole ever deeper,” is an obviously poorly-thought out idea that at least a handful of celebrities seem to make every year.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I don't know a lot about Frankie Boyle, unfortunately, but for some reason I do know that he gives no fucks about calling someone out.

I can't remember who it was or literally anything about the bit, but I have a strong emotional memory of Frankie delivering some line about some shithead ??comedian-maybe?? and me going "oh shiiiii"

he's very scumbag left

incredibly funny a lot of the time but every now and again you'll go "sheeeeeesh" and tug on your shirt collar

Yeah I'm kinda surprised he would call out Gervais for that

He's certainly a clever guy, but basically every joke he does against women boil down to their looks.

Once I realized that I got pretty sick of him on panel shows

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

*googles trashfuture*

I assume 'trash' here is, like, a classification of leftist along the lines of 'tankie' or whatever

or is it a value judgement?

basically tell me if they have good opinions

Not really about values, more about tone

Similar to "dirtbag left"

In the UK there's an overtone of being leftist but also vocally frustrated with the Labour party

• Options
    Oh

This Wiengarten guy is a “curmudgeonly humorist” and 70 years old

Never mind. I don’t give a solitary shit what he thinks.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2021
    I thought DaBaby was that 13 year old girl doctor phil rapper but that’s not the case.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I thought DaWrong

• Options
    I thought DaBaby was that 13 year old girl doctor phil rapper but that’s not the case.

The Cash Me Owssah girl?

• Options
    I thought DaWrong

I know I admitted I was wrong but now I feel like digging in and doubling down on my position

• Options
    I thought DaWrong

I know I admitted I was wrong but now I feel like digging in and doubling down on my position

Two DaWrongs don't make a DaRight

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    dw5s7hnr6vts.jpeg
    sdh8cosx6vbb.jpeg
    vfai49ak87kf.jpeg
    l7ybtdx36cmh.jpeg

Enjoy some cloud pics

Some are sideways and some are not

Thanks forums

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I got an AI powered app that does plant identification (it's called picturethis, it's good fun)

If you take a picture of a mushroom or other fungus you have to click through a massive warning about not using it to tell if something's edible before it will give you results

I'll be the fucking judge of edibility

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Few things make me feel as offline as my complete ignorance of all these modern, new media granular political genres and styles. Apparently half my friends know about Chapo and the dirtbag left and in fact are so familiar that they just are over it. ‘Oh bro don’t even bother it’s just more Chapo derivation’ and I’m like GIVE ME A SECOND TO CATCH UP

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm sure seitan is probably terrible for me but it's so delicious

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Few things make me feel as offline as my complete ignorance of all these modern, new media granular political genres and styles. Apparently half my friends know about Chapo and the dirtbag left and in fact are so familiar that they just are over it. ‘Oh bro don’t even bother it’s just more Chapo derivation’ and I’m like GIVE ME A SECOND TO CATCH UP
    we all listen to cumtown now

• Options
    I never listened to Chapo because it's the same name as that drug kingpin and for a few years literally all media, fiction or otherwise, was about him. Couldn't handle more things being named Chapo.

• Options
    Michael J Fox is 60

that can’t be right

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Michael J Fox is 60

that can’t be right

That's not true.

That's impossible!

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Michael J Fox is 60

that can’t be right

That's not true.

That's impossible!

classic fox

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    cumtown

what a world

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Michael J Fox is 60

that can’t be right

Did we freeze him thirty years ago when he first turned sixty and we just let him out for a day at a time?

• Options
    cumtown

what a world

Cum is Latin ackshually

Whoah did you think it was about cum cum, lol

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Michael J Fox is 60

that can’t be right

Did we freeze him thirty years ago when he first turned sixty and we just let him out for a day at a time?

Turns out the easiest way to make that movie was to just use an actual time machine.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    cumtown

what a world

Cum is Latin ackshually

Whoah did you think it was about cum cum, lol

you can't just mix latin and english into a single word, Honk

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.